Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 3 of 6
Re: Taylor and Wyman BOTH QUIT!!!
Posted by: TimeIs ()
Date: May 1, 2013 04:34

straycatblues73
Roll73
canuguessmyname
Ronnie has been wih the Stones longer than Brian, taylor or Bill.
Bill- Dec. 1962-1993. ( 30 + years); Taylor- 1969-1974 (4-5 years); Ronnie- 1975-present (38 years)!

Yeh really good. But aren't you forgetting someone?

he certainly is . dont let his majesty see this !

anyway taylor 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1974 -------yeah 4-5 years
--------------1--- 2----3----4----5----6---

basic maths

Actually, that's not basic math. The correct "basic math" is 1974 - 1969 = 5.

(Or: 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1974)
------0-----1---2----3----4----5

To be precise, May 1969-December 1974: 5 years and 7 months.

Agree with Beast of Babylon's post.

Oh, and Darryl Jones has been there longer (and I'm betting logged in more hours onstage) than Brian and Taylor combined! Maybe sad, but true. (We won't get into Chuck L. grinning smiley)

Posted by: SweetThing ()
Date: May 1, 2013 04:44

TimeIs
straycatblues73
Roll73
canuguessmyname
Bill- Dec. 1962-1993. ( 30 + years); Taylor- 1969-1974 (4-5 years); Ronnie- 1975-present (38 years)!

basic maths

Actually, that's not basic math. The correct "basic math" is 1974 - 1969 = 5.

(Or: 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1974)
------0-----1---2----3----4----5

To be precise, May 1969-December 1974: 5 years and 7 months.

Agree with Beast of Babylon's post.

Oh, and Darryl Jones has been there longer (and I'm betting logged in more hours onstage) than Brian and Taylor combined! Maybe sad, but true. (We won't get into Chuck L. grinning smiley)

Well, he never claimed it was basic math, but rather basic maths, so who knows.

Anyway time does march on and this victory lap of adding every year, including the years they don't work (at all) is pretty silly. What did Charlie Watts say when questioned about the notion of him possibly having decided to quit not so long ago? Something along the lines of "quit what? There's no need to quit, we aren't doing anything".

Posted by: SweetThing ()
Date: May 1, 2013 05:45

Max'sKansasCity
I wonder if people realize how little Mick Taylor has done in the last 30 years? He has pretty much been a nobody, doing nothing, mostly known for canceling gigs.... and now all of sudden people think he can bring back the good days?

I am sure commercial success and to a lesser extent, perhaps celebrity are missed, in Mick Taylor's case. But he is hardly a nobody Max.

Come back to the light Max.... you can do it.... smiling smiley

Posted by: MissNBrian ()
Date: May 1, 2013 07:41

I'm sure that it's no secret who, and what era Stones I'm most partial to cuz of my name ... but I, for one, also love both the Mick T & Ronnie years, and also respect what they both have done for the band!! They both came along at the right time, and brought their talents and expertise to the table. This is just my opinion, of course ...
-----------------------------

"Doctor please, some more men please,
To Cotchford Farm, out by the pool...

What a drag it is they couldn't revive him"

Brian Jones 2/28/42 - 7/2/69

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: May 1, 2013 09:15

What Mick Taylor has or hasn't done in the years since leaving the Stones is of no relevance to what he did in the Stones. What he did in the Stones is why he has been invited back now, much to the bizarre consternation of a couple of people here who seem to fly into a rage whenever his name is mentioned.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: May 1, 2013 09:34

straycatblues73
Roll73
canuguessmyname

basic maths

grinning smiley

Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: May 1, 2013 09:44

71Tele
What Mick Taylor has or hasn't done in the years since leaving the Stones is of no relevance to what he did in the Stones. What he did in the Stones is why he has been invited back now, much to the bizarre consternation of a couple of people here who seem to fly into a rage whenever his name is mentioned.

That was 40 years ago. How can what he has been doing in the intervening 4 decades be of no relevance to his current ability to contribute?

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: May 1, 2013 12:21

VT22
I'm interested in quality, not quantity.

I just wanna see the Stones

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: May 1, 2013 16:25

I just wanna have a little fun before I die...

Date: May 1, 2013 16:36

SweetThing
Max'sKansasCity
I wonder if people realize how little Mick Taylor has done in the last 30 years? He has pretty much been a nobody, doing nothing, mostly known for canceling gigs.... and now all of sudden people think he can bring back the good days?

I am sure commercial success and to a lesser extent, perhaps celebrity are missed, in Mick Taylor's case. But he is hardly a nobody Max.

Come back to the light Max.... you can do it.... smiling smiley

You're right, excellent post, great videos.... Thank you

I guess I should try to start ignoring the Ronnie Wood hating morons who bash on Ronnie Wood incessantly, it has been going on for years here on IORR, and it greatly disrepects what Ronnie has been doing in the 30 years since Tyalor quit..... but if Ronnie bashers dream that Taylor being wheeled out for nostalgic, ticket selling, purposes and playing two songs is going to change anything in the big picture, they need to stay in bed dreaming. I'll try to start ignoring these insane Taylorites and the bizarre consternation of a couple of them here who seem to fly into a rage whenever Ronnie Wood's name is mentioned..

Thanks SweetThing

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-01 16:39 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: May 1, 2013 17:36

I am a huge Ron Wood fan, but I love to see also Taylor back in the line up. He is a great musician. And in his worse day a WAY better guitar player than Blondie or Mick Jagger.

Yes, he quit years ago. So what? He seems very happy to be back, and the others happy to have him back.

C

Posted by: roby ()
Date: May 1, 2013 18:16

I'm happy too. Mick Taylor is a great musician. His Sway final solo is pureley a wonder. And it's just an exemple. Nothing comparable with Ronnie. Anywhere... Sorry, I prefer Taylor, by far. I will not apologize for that.

I do not blame Ronnie, it is also a question of composition quality. Taylor has the chance to express his huge talent on exceptional tracks.

FANTASTIC one

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-01 18:45 by roby.

Posted by: Beast of Babylon ()
Date: May 1, 2013 18:30

Max'sKansasCity
Because it's perfectly possible to be excited about Taylor AND avoid saying bad things about other band members at the same time...thumbs up and it would be nice if that was the way it was....

And if that was the way it was, I would not even post much in these threads, but as long as people wanna Ronnie bash then I will point out the facts.

yes, btw, i think the point i was trying to make was missed

Posted by: OpenG ()
Date: May 1, 2013 18:38

The above clip with MT playing with the Dead on West LA Fadeway is amazing again when MT has a chance to play with a great band he shines and puts his stamp on the song. MT played with Dicky Betts way back on Southbound and I always wondered he would of been a great fit in a jam band like the Allman Brothers and the Dead instead of doing gigs here and there over the 40 years.

play the guitar boy

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: May 1, 2013 18:42

Beast of Babylon
I guess its how you view it Bill 62-90(did he do one more show after then
Brian(last show was rock and roll circus, and he wasent even turned up
Mick T 69-73/74

Ronnie 75-current.
Anyway, that wasent really the point of my post, but i get what ur saying

Maybe would be relevant to count active years.
Ronnie has been in Stones for some 38 years, but how many of as an active member? Some 20-25 years?
Brian was 7 years?
Mick was 5 years?
Bill was 20-24 years?

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 1, 2013 19:04

Rolling Hansie
VT22

Very true Rolling Hansie!

But I think VT22 summed it all up quite nicely with "quality vs. quantity".
In other words: Five years of excellence and superiority vs. nearly 40 years of substandardness and mediocrity.

Looking forward to seeing the Stones with Mick Taylor and Ronnie together! thumbs up

Posted by: VT22 ()
Date: May 1, 2013 19:20

Hairball
Rolling Hansie
VT22

In other words: Five years of excellence and superiority vs. nearly 40 years of substandardness and mediocrity.

thumbs up

Date: May 1, 2013 19:22

Five years of excellence and superiority vs. nearly 40 years of substandardness and mediocrity.

So all those years of touring, awesome concerts, great albums... Bridges to Babylon, Voodoo lounge, Bigger Bang, Tattoo You... etc etc are all substandard? SUBSTANDARD!!!??? MEDIOCRE!!?? REALLY!!??

If people feel this way, why the fuk are still here?
Oh thats right, because some people just LOVE to complain about things,
SOME PEOPLE just LOVE TO whine, bitch and complain.

If/when I think things are substandard and medicore, I am gone. I dont stick around to whine about it. If I thought the Stones sucked like these peopple do, I would be gone long ago, but THE STONES DONT SUCK. I wonder, do these people even watch and listen? Or did they quit listening/watching when Taylor quit and they have been whining ever since?

The Stones have been great for a long time... but no amount of logic will sway the pesimistic opinions of those who are stuck in a rut loving/living to bitch, whine moan and groan and complain.... it is just what some people do. They live/love to say "I HATE THE BAND, IT IS SUBSTANDARD AND MEDICORE, BUT I WILL KEEP POSTING ON THEIR WEBSITE, BECAUSE I LOVE/LIVE TO WHINE"

Date: May 1, 2013 19:34

Max'sKansasCity
Five years of excellence and superiority vs. nearly 40 years of substandardness and mediocrity.

So all those years of touring, awesome concerts, great albums... Bridges to Babylon, Voodoo lounge, Bigger Bang, Tattoo You... etc etc are all substandard? SUBSTANDARD!!!??? MEDIOCRE!!?? REALLY!!??

If/when I think things are substandard and medicore, I am gone. I dont stick around to whine about it. If I thought the Stones sucked like these peopple do, I would be gone long ago, but THE STONES DONT SUCK. I wonder, do these people even watch and listen? Or did they quit listening/watching when Taylor quit and they have been whining ever since?

The Stones have been great for a long time... but no amount of logic will sway the pesimistic opinions of those who are stuck in a rut loving/living to bitch, whine moan and groan and complain.... it is just what some people do. They live/love to say "I HATE THE BAND, IT IS SUBSTANDARD AND MEDICORE, BUT I WILL KEEP POSTING ON THEIR WEBSITE, BECAUSE I LOVE/LIVE TO WHINE"

You've taken it all out of context Max'sKansasCity.
It was a simple comparison between two guitar players.
Nobody said the Stones as a band suck with (or without) Ronnie.

The bottom line: The Stones will always be a great band with the core members of Keith, Mick, and Charlie.
They always have been great, and they always will...no matter who is playing "second fiddle".

Date: May 1, 2013 19:36

Hairball
Max'sKansasCity

The bottom line: The Stones will always be a great band with the core members of Keith, Mick, and Charlie.
They always have been great, and they always will...no matter who is playing "second fiddle".

If I missed, or misread, your point then I am sorry, but I thought I read you say
" I think VT22 summed it all up quite nicely with "quality vs. quantity".
In other words: Five years of excellence and superiority vs. nearly 40 years of substandardness and mediocrity."

Posted by: VT22 ()
Date: May 1, 2013 19:41

Max'sKansasCity

5 years can be a damn long time, besides I had the honor to see them live in '73.

Apart from that I would say: Relax and enjoy your Stones MKC!
Nobody cares about my opinion here anyway, I'm just writing a post to myself.

Posted by: bestfour ()
Date: May 1, 2013 19:47

Beast of Babylon
There has been so much talk lately about Bill and Mick T, either not getting there fair share of songs, or not being utilized properly and such. I just want to point out that both of these men QUIT the rolling stones.... Let me say that again... Quit the rolling stones. Mick cause of the drug pressures and beef about writing, and bill, well bill is bill, he "didn't want to fly".

MY point is this, be happy with what you have and stop the complaining. for 10 years ive been on this board and all i've heard is, bring in mick taylor, bring in MT.

YOU GOT WHAT YOU WANTED. IT MAY NOT BE HOW U IMAGINED IT. BUT YOU GOT IT.

and i also want to point out that Ronnie wood has been a stone longer that Bill, Mick T and Brian COMBINED.

BTW I LOVE THE FACT THAT MICK IS PLAYING WITH THEM. IM JUST POINTING OUT SIMPLE FACTS

I could'nt agree more, love your " Logo display" smileys with beer

Date: May 1, 2013 19:48

Max'sKansasCity
Hairball
Max'sKansasCity

If I missed, or misread, your point then I am sorry, but I thought I read you say
" I think VT22 summed it all up quite nicely with "quality vs. quantity".
In other words: Five years of excellence and superiority vs. nearly 40 years of substandardness and mediocrity."

That is what was written, but again it was related to a simple comparison between two guitar players...nothing to do with the band as a whole
With that said, I'm not ashamed to admit I prefer the MT era vs. anything that has come after, but I'm not saying everything that came after that era sucked.
As you mentioned...there's been many years of touring and great concerts since MT left the band.thumbs up

Date: May 1, 2013 19:50

Beast of Babylon
Max'sKansasCity
Because it's perfectly possible to be excited about Taylor AND avoid saying bad things about other band members at the same time...thumbs up and it would be nice if that was the way it was....

And if that was the way it was, I would not even post much in these threads, but as long as people wanna Ronnie bash then I will point out the facts.

yes, btw, i think the point i was trying to make was missed
smileys with beer

Date: May 1, 2013 19:51

Hairball
As you mentioned...there's been many years of touring and great concerts since MT left the band.thumbs up

It sure has been fun, eh? smileys with beer and fun is good thing to have. I sure wish I could be there Friday night.

Date: May 1, 2013 20:00

Max'sKansasCity
Hairball

It sure has been fun, eh? smileys with beer and fun is good thing to have. I sure wish I could be there Friday night.

Yes Max...it has been great fun!
And somewhere along the way of this quoting process, my statement "Looking forward to seeing the Stones with Mick Taylor and Ronnie together"! somehow became lost in the shuffle.
Wish I was could be there Friday night as well, but I'll have to wait until Vegas to see the Stones for the frst time since Nijmegen '07.
It's been a long time since I rock and rolled...

Posted by: roby ()
Date: May 1, 2013 20:01

Hairball

That is what was written, but again it was related to a simple comparison between two guitar players...nothing to do with the band as a whole
With that said, I'm not ashamed to admit I prefer the MT era vs. anything that has come after, but I'm not saying everything that came after that era sucked.

Right. For me, Tattoo You album, Steels Wheels album, 1989-1990 Tour, 1995 concerts (Paris Longchamps), Hockenheim 2003. ...

Date: May 1, 2013 20:03

Hairball
Max'sKansasCity
Hairball

Yes Max...it has been great fun!
And somewhere along the way of this quoting process, my statement "Looking forward to seeing the Stones with Mick Taylor and Ronnie together"! somehow became lost in the shuffle.
Wish I was could be there Friday night as well, but I'll have to wait until Vegas to see the Stones for the frst time since Nijmegen '07.
It's been a long time since I rock and rolled...

Cool man,,,COOL! Vegas!! Be sure to get a Stones chip while you are, if they offer them. One of the few souveniers to always be worth what you paid.

ps
I saw The Stones in Nijmegen back in 95, both days, it was awesome! We were front of the barricade, and it really was a made in heaven show, every single aspect was perfect.

VEGAS!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-01 20:09 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: May 1, 2013 22:19

VT22
Hairball
Rolling Hansie
VT22

thumbs up

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: May 1, 2013 22:43

VT22

Nobody cares about my opinion here anyway, I'm just writing a post to myself.

You are wrong. I do care.

- Doxa

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 3 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1809
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home