Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1415161718192021222324...LastNext
Current Page: 19 of 28
Re: ***GIG TONIGHT AT ECHOPLEX - SMALL & INTIMATE!***
Posted by: tatters ()
Date: April 28, 2013 16:57

Sixsixseveneight
From Keith's twitter: "Something to look at".

[twitter.com]

That is hilarious. It looks like Keith is holding onto Charlie to keep from falling down.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: April 28, 2013 17:10

That last bit is cool. Sounds like perhaps Little Queenie? Keith's guitar is suitably raunchy. Boy! On You Got Me Rockin' Mick sounds pretty rough, voice even cracks. . .

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: April 28, 2013 17:17

tatters
Sixsixseveneight

[twitter.com]

That is hilarious. It looks like Keith is holding onto Charlie to keep from falling down.

What is "check yo ponytail"?

Date: April 28, 2013 17:30

More Hot Rocks
What is "check yo ponytail"?

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: Kirk ()
Date: April 28, 2013 17:42

Isn't this font (The Rolling Stones) the same one with that on a Roy Carr book in the mid-seventies called 'Illustrated story ...' or something like that?

Posted by: vermontoffender ()
Date: April 28, 2013 18:01

The whining here is incredible. The Stones are touring in 2013. Mick Taylor is joining them onstage for a few numbers throughout the tour. Hell, he even played with them at the warm-up gig!

I'm nothing resembling a Taylor fan, but the fact that so many IORRs still feel the need to complain at this point is astounding.

What is wrong with you? Seriously....take the time for some deep introspection because y'all got some issues.

Understand that this isn't 1973. It isn't 1978 or '81 or even 2003. It's 2013. The Rolling Stones are doing a tour of the U.S. and Mick Taylor is playing with them.

I fail to see the problem.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: April 28, 2013 18:01

tatters
Sixsixseveneight

[twitter.com]

Hilarious and f'king ugly too. Reminds me of some 80's bootleg Lp "artwork"... Yuck!

Posted by: slew ()
Date: April 28, 2013 18:09

I love the set list!! Miss You oh well. i'll have a slot for a bathroom break. We should not complain too much it is one of Mick's favorites and it is their last number one single.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: April 28, 2013 18:11

Who are these people? Poster art by someone who clearly has never seen them "live" or in a photograph

Posted by: bv ()
Date: April 28, 2013 18:12

I have barely been online since I left home in Norway Friday morning at 3am. It is now 62 hours ago. My priority has been on getting to see and hear The Rolling Stones as much as possible, as close as possible and not to loose any moment of whatever they did here in LA. I never got time to make the countown or publish news, because distances are so big, both from Norway to California, also between locations here in Los Angeles. Jetlag and being ovewhelmed by the Stones and they North American tour start is still keeping me a bit knocked out.

Banana and Grolch beer for breakfast. Perfect match for the patched setlist I have in front of me. It has got a handwritten "Rip This Joint" as number 9, replacing Miss You, and may be they planned it that way, with Mick Taylor entering there already. It would have been just perfect. Anyway, I can't complain. Mick Jagger signing for 20-30 fans out at the rehearsals the evening before, as they left. I could see how the excitement and the intensity of the fans was in the air.

"We're going" Mick said. And they left. They came back for BS and JJF. He gave us a final cliche saying "You gave us love, hope and understanding". He talked about the lottery, and made a bit of fun of it. To many it was a nightmare, not much fun. And Mick Taylor was waving Keith forward several times. What a strange show. Mick and Keith was so close and smiling big smiles to each others many times during the show. Just that part paid off for the entire hazzle of getting there.

The Mick Taylor solo on Midnigh Rambler paralyzed me, I did not expect it to be that strong. He added something extra which we have been missing since he left, something that is unique to Mick Taylor, his style and his playing. Yet, Ronnie had a great and extended solo which stood out like no others, so I need them both. I am looking forward to the complete show at the Staples Center next Friday, this was just a taster...

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-28 19:09 by bv.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 28, 2013 18:18

dcba
tatters
Sixsixseveneight

[twitter.com]

Hilarious and f'king ugly too. Reminds me of some 80's bootleg Lp "artwork"... Yuck!

They've got woody practicing his golf swing.

Posted by: uhbuhgullayew ()
Date: April 28, 2013 18:21

treaclefingers
dcba
tatters
Sixsixseveneight

[twitter.com]

They've got woody practicing his golf swing.

Mick looks Asian.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: April 28, 2013 18:22

Yeah, Respectable sounded terrible. Played in a rockabilly sound. Keith seemed stoic playing it.

I hate to say it but Mick seems to be in need of a faster and louder band behind him. Keith, Ronnie and Darryl are dragging the sound way down. Listen to the vibe on the recently posted Black Sabbath video then listen to this.

They need some hard metal to get these songs a rockin. Who is running this soundboard?

Date: April 28, 2013 18:26

stonesrule
Who are these people?

I think they might be The Riddler's henchmen.

Posted by: TimeIs ()
Date: April 28, 2013 18:31

vermontoffender
The whining here is incredible. The Stones are touring in 2013. Mick Taylor is joining them onstage for a few numbers throughout the tour. Hell, he even played with them at the warm-up gig!

I'm nothing resembling a Taylor fan, but the fact that so many IORRs still feel the need to complain at this point is astounding.

What is wrong with you? Seriously....take the time for some deep introspection because y'all got some issues.

Understand that this isn't 1973. It isn't 1978 or '81 or even 2003. It's 2013. The Rolling Stones are doing a tour of the U.S. and Mick Taylor is playing with them.

Amen.

Date: April 28, 2013 18:32

bv
I have barely been online since I left home in Norway Friday morning at 3am. ...

I'm am so happy you were there. You of all people deserved to be there. Can you confirm that most, if not all, of the tickets went to fans? A BANANA and A BEER!!!! Breakfast of champions! LOL. Hope to meet you Friday night.

Scotty,
Irvine, CA

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-28 19:13 by bv.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: April 28, 2013 18:59

That video had soundboard sound. If it had been properly mixed, you'd not have a big problem with it. It's the same every time. Check out the VL Tour press kit from the RPM Club. Same sort of sound. Then check the Phoenix club 2005 songs from The Biggest Bang box, which is properly mixed. That's how it more or less sounded.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: April 28, 2013 18:59

[email protected]
...Can you confirm that most, if not all, of the tickets went to fans? ...

Indeed see below

Actor Mark Harmon and wife

Actresses Mary Kate Olsen and Ashley Olsen

Skrillex

Mike Dirnt (Green Day) and wife
Credits Kevin Mazur

HMN

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: April 28, 2013 19:05

So glad you made it for the gig BV.

So glad that it sounds as if the whole place was full of genuine fans.
Not people who were in the right place at the right time and maybe thought they would join the line for tix for a Saturday night out.
Luckily scalpers would not have a chance.
Hope we see a review or two from fans who were there. >grinning smiley<

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: April 28, 2013 19:06

vermontoffender

I don't see a problem. It's a dream come true.

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: April 28, 2013 19:06

Famous people aren't allowed to be fans? Sound the alarm!

Posted by: daytime ()
Date: April 28, 2013 19:08

Nice setlist, SJ here I come this week.

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: April 28, 2013 19:09

Cocaine Eyes
LOOK - Bernard didn't even know where they were playing tonight Too funny:

Club show at El Rey in LA tonight with @rollingstones [fb.me]{/b]

grinning smiley

Again: posts deleted by the police smoking smiley

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: April 28, 2013 19:12

Bound to get some celebs.
A handful is fine.
Half the audience would be a bit annoying,if you narrowly missed out on a ticket.

Hopefully this gig was fair to the fans.
I'm sure it was. winking smiley

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: April 28, 2013 19:13

All I can add to all of this is....

Great to hear all is well is Stones Land.smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-28 19:15 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: Beaver ()
Date: April 28, 2013 19:16

vermontoffender

I could not agree more! Great post!

Posted by: angee ()
Date: April 28, 2013 19:18

Bornulf, we were starting to worry about you!

So glad you made it in, sounds very different from your other club shows, from what you say.
Best of all, Mick and Keith are interacting, yay!

Yes, I heard Mick Taylor on Midnight Rambler twice recently, seems the number is getting better all
the time. Thanks for the review! Please have some good food today! And sleep.

~"Love is Strong"~

Date: April 28, 2013 19:21

GumbootCloggeroo
Famous people aren't allowed to be fans? Sound the alarm!

Didn't see Dirnt, Harmon or the Olsen's in line! So obviously some were held back so they didn't have to stand in line with the unwashed masses. LOL. But I understand. They would have been mobbed by the pap's and fans. It would have been an uncomfortable situation.

Scotty,
Irvine, CA

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: April 28, 2013 19:25

The Sicilian

I hate to say it but Mick seems to be in need of a faster and louder band behind him.

That's the thing he'll do when the Stones are done... Get a younger faster and louder band to back him.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-28 19:27 by dcba.

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: April 28, 2013 19:29

bv
I have barely been online since I left home in Norway Friday morning at 3am. It is now 62 hours ago. My priority has been on getting to see and hear The Rolling Stones as much as possible, as close as possible and not to loose any moment of whatever they did here in LA. I never got time to make the countown or publish news, because distances are so big, both from Norway to California, also between locations here in Los Angeles. Jetlag and being ovewhelmed by the Stones and they North American tour start is still keeping me a bit knocked out.

Banana and Grolch beer for breakfast. Perfect match for the patched setlist I have in front of me. It has got a handwritten "Rip This Joint" as number 9, replacing Miss You, and may be they planned it that way, with Mick Taylor entering there already. It would have been just perfect. Anyway, I can't complain. Mick Jagger signing for 20-30 fans out at the rehearsals the evening before, as they left. I could see how the excitement and the intensity of the fans was in the air.

"We're going" Mick said. And they left. They came back for BS and JJF. He gave us a final cliche saying "You gave us love, hope and understanding". He talked about the lottery, and made a bit of fun of it. To many it was a nightmare, not much fun. And Mick Taylor was waving Keith forward several times. What a strange show. Mick and Keith was so close and smiling big smiles to each others many times during the show. Just that part paid off for the entire hazzle of getting there.

The Mick Taylor solo on Midnigh Rambler paralyzed me, I did not expect it to be that strong. He added something extra which we have been missing since he left, something that is unique to Mick Taylor, his style and his playing. Yet, Ronnie had a great and extended solo which stood out like no others, so I need them both. I am looking forward to the complete show at the Staples Center next Friday, this was just a taster...

It would be very interesting to know how you manage to get in to these small shows over and over again. Who is helping you with tickets from the Stonescamp? This time somebody from the management must have helped you since it was a lottery. Or did you win your ticket the same way others did, don't think so.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1415161718192021222324...LastNext
Current Page: 19 of 28

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2387
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home