Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1819202122232425262728Next
Current Page: 23 of 28
Re: ***GIG TONIGHT AT ECHOPLEX - SMALL & INTIMATE!***
Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: April 29, 2013 00:09

Im sorry, I lied. I dont even have any tickets....
except that ticket for not wearing my saftey belt.

echo echo echo echo

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: April 29, 2013 00:11

BV, you don't have to justify or explain your life to anyone....and you are right, 99% of the fans here love and appreciate this site. Don't let the other 1% get your down.

Thank you for IORR. smiling smiley

Posted by: Thru and Thru ()
Date: April 29, 2013 00:15

Kurt
The activity on this thread makes me sick.

What the hell is wrong with you people?

The Stones had a show last night, and all most of you want to do is Bitch.

Sad, Sad, Sad.

Amen! thumbs up

Lose your dreams and you will lose your mind...

Posted by: howlinrock ()
Date: April 29, 2013 00:22

Bjornulf,
Thank you for everything that you do here.

John

SF Bay Area

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: April 29, 2013 00:24

latebloomer
BV, you don't have to justify or explain your life to anyone....and you are right, 99% of the fans here love and appreciate this site. Don't let the other 1% get your down.

Absolutely!

BV, don't let a single minute be ruined by some envious nay-sayers.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: April 29, 2013 00:26

latebloomer

thumbs upthumbs upthumbs up

Thanks Bjornulf (even though we are feeling jealous in Toronto!)

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: April 29, 2013 00:30

I'm not gonna re-quote what people have said about BV or BV's response.
This is his website.

He can say or do as he likes,but he keeps it nice and friendly.

This is the best Rolling Stones site in my opinion as well as many thousands...................no millions of posts prove.

Let's all enjoy The Rolling Stones Tour 2013 and have a good time.

I reckon another surprise gig before Staples. winking smiley

Date: April 29, 2013 00:37

Thru and Thru
straycatuk
It was loud as f**k at the O2. Our ears were ringing after a telecaster assault in the pit.

Keith's sound on the PPV broadcast was a joke - like he was playing in another building.

sc uk

You're right, the sound for the PPV was indeed a joke. However, I was at the live show and trust me, it was loud as hell, sound was just about perfect. I was shocked when I got home and watched the PPV I had recorded, didn't even sound like the same show.

I used a pair of Bose headphones for the PPV event. They make everything good. Still can't wait for the DVD, though.

Posted by: VT22 ()
Date: April 29, 2013 00:38

Sixsixseveneight

Short video is up.

Were is Taylor? I hope at least he can still play. This is next to nothing.

Posted by: donnarq1 ()
Date: April 29, 2013 00:40

I was there smiling smiley Thanks for all you do BV. I partipated in the fan shoot in L.A. awhile back, and while I did not make the cut, I made some great new friends thorugh the experience. In fact, three of them also made it in to the same show last night....best in music to All smiling smiley

Date: April 29, 2013 00:41

The Stones are gigging again. I just love it! smileys with beer

Posted by: bv ()
Date: April 29, 2013 00:42

stonesrule
BV, glad you enjoyed the Echoplex gig...always fascinating to hear of your adventures.

You must be exhausted. I was a little puzzled by your words "final cliche" quoting Mick..."You gave us love, hope and understanding."

Sounded sincere to me. Am I wrong?

May be I picked the wrong words. Remember I am not English spoken by birth. I felt he said it like partly a joke, partly in it's own meaning, and partly so that everybody should be happy, and like a good ending of an important event. It was more about the timing, at the final bow sort of. It was unusual of Mick, like he did many other small and a bit unusual things last night. May be I am reading more than there is in these small moments, but he was closer to Keith many times, he used a harmonica on Miss You, for me he was a slighly different Mick, nothing negative, just different. May be I have seen him too much, and I expect the exact same Mick on this tour too.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: April 29, 2013 00:43

Seriously, Thank You for running IORR bv.

Date: April 29, 2013 00:47

bv
stonesrule
BV, glad you enjoyed the Echoplex gig...always fascinating to hear of your adventures.

You must be exhausted. I was a little puzzled by your words "final cliche" quoting Mick..."You gave us love, hope and understanding."

Sounded sincere to me. Am I wrong?

May be I picked the wrong words. Remember I am not English spoken by birth. I felt he said it like partly a joke, partly in it's own meaning, and partly so that everybody should be happy, and like a good ending of an important event. It was more about the timing, at the final bow sort of. It was unusual of Mick, like he did many other small and a bit unusual things last night. May be I am reading more than there is in these small moments, but he was closer to Keith many times, he used a harmonica on Miss You, for me he was a slighly different Mick, nothing negative, just different. May be I have seen him too much, and I expect the exact same Mick on this tour too.

Didn't we see hints of this at the O2 as well? At least I thought so. A more sincere Mick who really enjoyed playing with the band again.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: April 29, 2013 00:47

Thanks BV!

Posted by: slew ()
Date: April 29, 2013 00:49

BV - Please keep up the good work!! I don't understand all the complaining on this site. Yes, the tickets are expensive we know that and it is our choice to buy them or not buy them.

If my schedule allows I would like to meet you on June 14 in Boston. I am going to both shows. Let me know where you will be and I'll come buy and share a beer with you.

Posted by: The Stones ()
Date: April 29, 2013 00:58

Yeah, I'm so impressed by the amount of work and dedication that bv puts on this web site. Thanks a lot for running IORR and keep up your excellent work.
Wow, you are truly amazing. The people who wonder how bv gets tickets to club shows ought to read his recount from the La Trabendo show in Paris. [www.iorr.org]

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: April 29, 2013 01:08

bv
I have barely been online since I left home in Norway Friday morning at 3am. It is now 62 hours ago. My priority has been on getting to see and hear The Rolling Stones as much as possible, as close as possible and not to loose any moment of whatever they did here in LA. I never got time to make the countown or publish news, because distances are so big, both from Norway to California, also between locations here in Los Angeles. Jetlag and being ovewhelmed by the Stones and they North American tour start is still keeping me a bit knocked out.

Banana and Grolch beer for breakfast. Perfect match for the patched setlist I have in front of me. It has got a handwritten "Rip This Joint" as number 9, replacing Miss You, and may be they planned it that way, with Mick Taylor entering there already. It would have been just perfect. Anyway, I can't complain. Mick Jagger signing for 20-30 fans out at the rehearsals the evening before, as they left. I could see how the excitement and the intensity of the fans was in the air.

"We're going" Mick said. And they left. They came back for BS and JJF. He gave us a final cliche saying "You gave us love, hope and understanding". He talked about the lottery, and made a bit of fun of it. To many it was a nightmare, not much fun. And Mick Taylor was waving Keith forward several times. What a strange show. Mick and Keith was so close and smiling big smiles to each others many times during the show. Just that part paid off for the entire hazzle of getting there.

The Mick Taylor solo on Midnigh Rambler paralyzed me, I did not expect it to be that strong. He added something extra which we have been missing since he left, something that is unique to Mick Taylor, his style and his playing. Yet, Ronnie had a great and extended solo which stood out like no others, so I need them both. I am looking forward to the complete show at the Staples Center next Friday, this was just a taster...

A really fine report Bjornulf. Thanks for it. I'm also interested in your opinion on the Love In Vain rendition.

Posted by: chriseganstar ()
Date: April 29, 2013 01:14

Hi BV,

It's always been a pleasure meeting you at the various locations we've been priviledged to attend over the years, you're a gentleman in every sense of the word and you deserve more than anybody on this site to attend the club shows. Pam and I thank you for all your work on this site and we look forward to seeing you at Hyde Park, and I hope to see you in Toronto. I have photos which I could post, but I respect your anonymity and so should everyone else. At the end of the day, watching the Stones should be fun, and if it ceases to be that then the choice is easy......don't go ! But please do not cast aspersions on the mmentor of this site.

Chris & Pam

Satisfied since 1976

Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: April 29, 2013 01:21

thanks bv!

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: April 29, 2013 01:21

Pictures here: [www.rollingstones.com]

Posted by: angee ()
Date: April 29, 2013 01:34

dimtim, thanks for your report on the show, and donnarq, glad you got in too.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: mgshorr ()
Date: April 29, 2013 01:36

Baltimore 2006 was the first time I saw the Stones. To this day I have not had a rush as great as when Keith hit the first note on JJF.

I've been passively following this site ever since, and joined recently to post comments about the 12/15 show in Newark.

Fact is: This site rules. I still check the 2006 Baltimore review to re-live my experience. Without that review, the memory would be all but fuzzy & lost.

Also, I would imagine that for every registered member on this site, there are 3x as many passive/unregistered members.

Many of my friends check here but are not registered.

Thanks to BV.

Jimmy Fallon, "If you haven't seen the Rolling Stones....there's a part of your soul that hasn't developed."

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: April 29, 2013 01:46

Great post mgshorr

Posted by: angee ()
Date: April 29, 2013 01:51

Love that videotape from the show, btw!

Bjornulf, thanks for hanging in there for the bulk of us. smileys with beer

~"Love is Strong"~

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-29 01:51 by angee.

Posted by: uhbuhgullayew ()
Date: April 29, 2013 02:01

DandelionPowderman
The Stones are gigging again. I just love it! smileys with beer

Indeed! thumbs up

Thanks for everything BV - without IORR, I don't get the $85 tickets.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: April 29, 2013 02:03

I can only imagine the hard work and hassle that goes into running iorr - thank you, bv.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: April 29, 2013 02:05

Still something missing though. Like Bill on the bass.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: April 29, 2013 02:19

There are more than one million people visiting IORR every year. A few thousand post, the rest just enjoy the info and news. I don't really care about those few who post negativity and jealousy. I just wanted to state the fact that these guys are way out of line and they should find a separate ballpark.

Bjornulf

Posted by: TeddyB1018 ()
Date: April 29, 2013 02:23

I like the slow tempos. Miserable discussion here though. I remember not so long ago several people here posting that the Stones would never play again, and that Keith couldn't even hold a guitar. Now some of those people seem to be unhappy that the band is playing. For me, this is a very cool iteration of the Rolling Stones. I really could not have hoped for much better. Good for them.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1819202122232425262728Next
Current Page: 23 of 28

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2375
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home