Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1314151617181920212223...LastNext
Current Page: 18 of 28
Re: ***GIG TONIGHT AT ECHOPLEX - SMALL & INTIMATE!***
Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: April 28, 2013 12:20

Mathijs
sonomastone
keefriffhard4life

to be fair wasn't Love In Vain credited accidently to the stones on one album?

yeah, that was it.... 'accidently'

Not accidently. In '69 all Robert Johnson compositions where considered open domain, and hence if you change a bit here and there you can add or change credits. Later on all compositions where registered to Johnson, and since the '90's the rights to the Johnson catalogue lies with his son Claude.

Jagger announced LIV as 'a Robert Johnson song' at Hyde Park 1969, so they didn't pretend they wrote it.

Mathijs

would be interesting to know who got the songwriting royalties between the release of let it bleed and the 90s....

Posted by: tommarty920 ()
Date: April 28, 2013 12:23

Thedole
NEWS AT 11!!!! Here is a few seconds of footage from channel 7 KABC in Los Angeles tonight

Wow, girl at 1:00 was right in front of me in line and woman at 1:20 was right behind me in line

I just wrote a long detailed post about the show, but it wouldn't let me post it for some reason. Anyways I'll keep it simple. Best show I've ever been to! I forgot to mention this before but this was actually my very first Rolling Stones show! And what an epic first show it was! I really do gotta thank you guys here at IORR because I never would have found out about the tickets for sale so early on in the day without you guys. Can't wait to see them again in a couple weeks at the Vegas show!

Date: April 28, 2013 12:25

Congrats, tom! thumbs up

Posted by: thrak ()
Date: April 28, 2013 12:37

I think this is very cool set list, better than last warm up gigs. I know some of us will complain about wahorses but let's be honest - You can't avoid HTW, JJF, SMU, TD, BS, Satisfaction, Miss You on Stones gig. Every other track is a bonus for hard-core fan. Love In Vain with Taylor - i'd like to see it on Hyde Park 13th july.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: April 28, 2013 12:57

What an awesome feeling it must have been to get those tix in a lottery - congrats to all who managed to get in.

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: April 28, 2013 13:01

thrak
I think this is very cool set list, better than last warm up gigs. I know some of us will complain about wahorses but let's be honest - You can't avoid HTW, JJF, SMU, TD, BS, Satisfaction, Miss You on Stones gig. Every other track is a bonus for hard-core fan. Love In Vain with Taylor - i'd like to see it on Hyde Park 13th july.

I try not to be complaining and rather to express wishes.

I for one do not want to avoid each and any of those warhorses. However, I would like to have some, but not all, and unpredictably which ones. I long for such songs to be a special treat instead of a routine. I want to be surprised at which of those songs I will be exposed to. I think that will contribute to greater concerts and will be experienced also by the band to be more exciting to present.

An addition: It is one thing that I in the novelty seeking spirit would like even more on Hyde Park 13th than "Love in Vain" with Mick Taylor. That is then to have the Stones give a first time presentation of a cover of one other Robert Johnson song. I don't know, of course, which song they could find suiting. If possible, I would have liked "Come On in My Kitchen".

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-28 13:27 by Witness.

Posted by: muenke ()
Date: April 28, 2013 13:14

I really would love to see at least some snippets from LIV with Mick Taylor. Hey, your lucky folks beeing there, any chance for a video or a review? Or still recovering ...?

... I´m jealous ....

smileys with beer

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: April 28, 2013 13:21

Congratulations to anyone who went in.

The setlist is great. So this is half of what will come
in a regular show...?! So maybe MT will play more then.

Respectable is played too slow imho. Hope they will speed
some songs.

Posted by: TheBlockbuster ()
Date: April 28, 2013 13:32

Both You Got Me Rocking and Respectable is way too slow, I hope this does not speak for the rest of the show or what is to come.

Posted by: ozziestone ()
Date: April 28, 2013 13:38

TheBlockbuster
Respectable is way too slow

Agreed! Sounded orrible I thought. Go the Live in Texas version lads!

Posted by: Mr.D ()
Date: April 28, 2013 14:15

I think those songs are played slower because Charlie can't play fast songs anymore...any thoughts?

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: April 28, 2013 14:15

Thank you to everyone for the updates on the show, it sounds like it was a magical night for some lucky fans.

I'll look forward to reading more later as the west coast wakes up. smiling smiley

Posted by: Zagalo ()
Date: April 28, 2013 14:33

Many thanks for all the updates, really appreciated - sounds fantastic - I will have to go to Hyde Park now!!
Looking forward to hear more reports first-hand though - no matter how good the audio/video is, it cannot tell you what it was really like to be there...
...after being at the first O2 gig last year, all the great recordings still couldn't translate how loud and 'in your face' it really was! smiling smiley

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: April 28, 2013 14:38

Great that some of our LA IORRs actually managed to get in last night, us Europeans are gonna have a long wait until they are all up for breakfast and we can get some idea of how the band were, especially how Taylor did on LIV.

Can't say it was a set list I would have picked, but they are never going to please us all and at least they left out Satisfaction. Personally I would have removed Miss You, Respectable and That's How Strong...but hey ho, they are on the road again and that is something many of us thought would never happen. By the time they hit Glastonbury they will be on top form whoopee!

Posted by: Sixsixseveneight ()
Date: April 28, 2013 14:52

Zagalo
Many thanks for all the updates, really appreciated - sounds fantastic - I will have to go to Hyde Park now!!
Looking forward to hear more reports first-hand though - no matter how good the audio/video is, it cannot tell you what it was really like to be there...
...after being at the first O2 gig last year, all the great recordings still couldn't translate how loud and 'in your face' it really was! smiling smiley

Was it really that loud? A lot of the footage from the last 6 months gives me the impression they've turned it down quite a bit.

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: April 28, 2013 15:09

It was loud as f**k at the O2. Our ears were ringing after a telecaster assault in the pit.

Keith's sound on the PPV broadcast was a joke - like he was playing in another building.

sc uk

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: April 28, 2013 15:16

Posted by: Tonyz ()
Date: April 28, 2013 16:15

Not too bad... although I hate You Got Me Rockin'. But it looks like we're gonna get Taylor for a few songs in the arenas. Very nice!

Wonder if this means that One More Shot and Doom and Gloom are out.

All will be reveled next Friday, I guess.

Posted by: carlitosbaez ()
Date: April 28, 2013 16:18

More pics

Carlitos
Tenerife

Posted by: maradona ()
Date: April 28, 2013 16:29

Probably the worst video I have ever seen. Disastrous cuts, especially the one between YGMR and Respectable. Its prducer should be beaten green & blue until he understands how to make such a clip more professional.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: April 28, 2013 16:30

No pics or vids with Taylor yet apparently?

Anyone know if bv made it? Sure hope so, but with the lottery...

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: April 28, 2013 16:35

maradona
Probably the worst video I have ever seen. Disastrous cuts, especially the one between YGMR and Respectable. Its prducer should be beaten green & blue until he understands how to make such a clip more professional.

It's not a very good commercial. No one who is on the fence about buying tickets is going to be persuaded by this. Maybe if Taylor was in it ....

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: April 28, 2013 16:42

thumbs up
tatters
maradona

It's not a very good commercial. No one who is on the fence about buying tickets is going to be persuaded by this. Maybe if Taylor was in it ....

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: April 28, 2013 16:45

tatters
maradona

Pretty darn hasty...bad edits and all. Respectable needs to be sent back to the rehearsal space...oh well...Keith was he best of the clip

Posted by: roby ()
Date: April 28, 2013 16:48

And all the others versions with him smiling smiley

GravityBoy
sonomastone
stonehearted
GravityBoy
Mick Taylor should have played on Street Fighting Man for goddsake..

But he didn't play on the original. I think the reason for having him there is to focus on the songs from his era.

listen to ya-ya's or others from the '69 tour... they transformed the song live when they had taylor on it. he's not needed for the song, but it's totally different with him...

Yep.

And Brussels.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 28, 2013 16:50

Munichhilton
tatters
maradona

Pretty darn hasty...bad edits and all. Respectable needs to be sent back to the rehearsal space...oh well...Keith was he best of the clip

Yeah have to agree, that clip didn't quite 'sell it'.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: April 28, 2013 16:50

Looks to me as if it has been cobbled together in a hurry from snippets of other people's news footage. Very disappointing - but it looks like an amateur effort, not official.

Posted by: Sixsixseveneight ()
Date: April 28, 2013 16:51

From Keith's twitter: "Something to look at".

[twitter.com]

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: April 28, 2013 16:52

stonehearted
GravityBoy
Mick Taylor should have played on Street Fighting Man for goddsake..

But he didn't play on the original. I think the reason for having him there is to focus on the songs from his era.

He didn't play on the original studio version of Love In Vain, either, but he owned it on Ya Ya's, which makes it from his era, same with SFM

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-28 16:54 by tatters.

Posted by: Mr.D ()
Date: April 28, 2013 16:53

Keith's posing looks like its tour ready...smiling smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1314151617181920212223...LastNext
Current Page: 18 of 28

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2802
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home