Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1819202122232425262728Next
Current Page: 24 of 28
Re: ***GIG TONIGHT AT ECHOPLEX - SMALL & INTIMATE!***
Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: April 29, 2013 02:27

bv
I don't really care about those few who post negativity and jealousy.

Right on smileys with beer Cheers

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 29, 2013 02:28

bv.. "May be I picked the wrong words. Remember I am not English spoken by birth. I felt he said it like partly a joke, partly in it's own meaning, and partly so that everybody should be happy, and like a good ending of an important event. It was more about the timing, at the final bow sort of. It was unusual of Mick, like he did many other small and a bit unusual things last night. May be I am reading more than there is in these small moments, but he was closer to Keith many times, he used a harmonica on Miss You, for me he was a slighly different Mick, nothing negative, just different. May be I have seen him too much, and I expect the exact same Mick on this tour too."[/quote]

I noticed what you're referring to at the Brooklyn concert..

He did seem a bit different Mick.

More relaxed.. more aware of the legacy...and appreciative.

"People ask why we still are doing this after fifty years.... ell,
It's because of all of you that we still do it". (or close to that..)

I was taken aback a little by it, and a little surprised other's weren't talking about it much..

He seemed sincere..

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-29 04:12 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: April 29, 2013 02:38

Love In Vain:
Mick Taylor had just been introduced on stage. I tried to watch each and every band member at all times. The sound with all the guitars reminded me immediately about the original version from Let It Bleed. I am not a particular Mick Taylor fan, I am not hooked, but if you like versions close to the original, this is it. Goosebumps version.

They have done "Love In Vain" a few times where I have seen them over the years, it is a great song, but if they do this one on the big stage on this tour with Mick taylor then we will be all threated with something special. I think the Rollig Stones do know exactly where they can have Mick Taylor guest playing, so that the fans can enjoy his talent where it fits best into the concert and our emotions. We are nostalgic. We love his style.

I saw Mick Taylor live on stage with the Stones 40 years ago in 1973, European Tour. Now the PA's are better, the sound is sharper, the band members and the fans are 40 years older, but the emotions and the true experience is the same, if not better.

Check out this one, said to be the last live version of "Love in Vain" with Mick Taylor and the Rolling Stones:

[www.youtube.com]

Quoted from the clip:
Feb 27th Sydney Australia, Last time the Stones played Love in Vain live, Mick Taylors last time playing it live as a Stone. It was dropped for the upcoming '73 European Tour. Mick Taylor owns this song like he always has. Brilliant guitarist.

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-12-14 11:29 by bv.

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: April 29, 2013 02:47

bv
I do not understand why some people are so interested in me as a person. I happen to spend my lifetime running this web site. For free. So far so good. While others are with their families I post on IORR. And travel to shows and reheareals wherever that takes me. I have five grandchildren who will miss me for three months now. My wife are used to it but these small kids don't know what is going on. Don't feel sorry for me. I am happy with that. But jealousy is poison in your body. It is an excuse for your own limitations. I see "bv this" and "bv that" from people who don't know me, they don't even have real names. Shame on them.

Don't be insuled or envy me my life. I started off with nothing, and just like anyone else I am just a fan, may be with a bigger addiction than normal, but I am just a fan. Everything I do is extreme. I do Kilimanjaro many times not once. I do the Stones as much as I can not once. I work 16 hours per day while others take breaks. I never give up when others call it the day. I am not rich. My economy and my life is private. I share my life with people I do know and trust, but I am a shy and private person, I don't owe anything to anyone. People call me names and threaten my life. Every week, and now every day. It is not new. Like I say envy is poison, and weak people may use envy to excuse their own needs or frustrations.

I did not invent the El Rey lottery. Don't blame me. I don't organize the Rolling Stones ticket sales. Don't blame me. I am not going to sit still at home while the Stones play at a place nearby or even remote. I do whatever it takes. I don't break the law. I don't take bribes. I have been getting many great offers for all sorts of things over the years, regarding the Stones, but I am not for sale. I write what I think.

Why didn't I post the fact that there was a club show Saturday night at the Echoplex, with ticket sales at the El Rey? Well I get rumours about club shows every week of the year. This week I have had 20-30 different rumours from dozens of trusted insiders. I do know many people. Many. The rumours have shifted all the time. If I post one of these rumours and I am wrong, then I will have a crowd and a queue outside the wrong location and everybody will blame me. I will have people on flights from all over the world to the wrong date or city.

IORR is here for your service. It served it's purpose this week, like it has been doing for soon 20 years. Fans can talk, share ideass, rumours, facts, dreams, reports may be found, set lists and events from rare places can be found. There are times when I think that enough is enough. I might shut down IORR.org in one minute, and it would be gode forever. That is when people call me names and question my integrity. I could spend more time with my wife and my family and friends. But then I say to myself they are the 1% people who blame others rather than themselves. Envy. They will not be allowed to take away the jou from the 99% rest of us. I will keep IORR running. I will keep my private life to myself and to my friends and family. Anyone are accepted as friends, but friendship is built on trust not threaths and insults.

Where I get my tickets from? I call Mick, he will tell me where the club show is, in fact he calls me. I book a business trip, drink champaign on the flight, stay at Four Seasons, the ticket is under my door on show day witn the prelimnary set list. There is no need for me to queue for tickets. I did not spend days working to get all sorted out for Glastonbury. My wife never ask me about those large numbers on our bank account every time the Stones tour. Life is easy. Elvis is still alive, and the earth is flat.

Well said BV!!

Posted by: Zagalo ()
Date: April 29, 2013 02:50

bv...Thanks for everything you do on IORR keeping this all together - can't imagine how I got by before!!
Top stuff from you and all the other great IORR contributors on the club gig and forthcoming tour...

Cheers thumbs up

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: April 29, 2013 03:17

tatters
stonehearted
GravityBoy
Mick Taylor should have played on Street Fighting Man for goddsake..

But he didn't play on the original. I think the reason for having him there is to focus on the songs from his era.

He didn't play on the original studio version of Love In Vain, either, but he owned it on Ya Ya's, which makes it from his era, same with SFM

The point is, the Mick Taylor era begins with Let It Bleed and not with Beggar's Banquet.

Of course he played on pre-LIB material on Ya Ya's--he was a full band member then.

But in 2013 Mick T is there as a ceremonial figure to represent the era he was in the band, 1969-1974, so the earliest material he will play live with them now will be from LIB.

Posted by: Halup ()
Date: April 29, 2013 03:47

Those people who are angry and envious that BV got into this show, besides being very offensive towards the person who runs this site, are not even acknowledging how much work he puts into getting into these shows and not just using whatever contacts he may have. You should go back and read his review of the Paris Trebendo show and you'll get a good idea of how he does it.

I personally saw BV and his friends in the line, not at the very front, but close to it, which means he ended up spending at least 10-12 hours in that spot, some of it during the night, some of it with hot sun beating down. That's not what someone with connections would do. As he said, he's a fan like us. Obviously someone who travels the world seeing the band the way he and others do, gets known by the Stones organization and I'm sure they have probably have offered to help him in the past, but clearly he's a guy who is willing to do the research, talk with other fans and put in the long hours needed to get these coveted tickets the way that everyone else does.

For me personally it was a crazy day. I arrived at the El Rey around 10:40 am and I did a rough count of how many people were in front of me and it was around 350. There were some rumors that 350 tickets would be sold so I thought I would either just make it in or barely miss out. The line evenutally grew to be well over 1,000. At 12:30 we found out it was a lottery, but we were not told how the lottery would work. One can say that doing a lottery is a fare way of doing it for an event like this, but there were some major problems with how they did it.

They ended up cutting the line off aorund 1:05pm, so 35 minutes after the official online announcement. They then started to walk the course of the line and hand out 1 lottery ticket per person. They were not in sequential order, but in a bucket mixed up. The number my wife drew was over 200 numbers after mine, so there was a good chance that 1 of us could be picked and the other not. Perhaps with this in mind, they did something which truly did not make the lottery completely random.

They had different buckets they were taking the numbers out of. It was not 1 bucket with say, 1500 tickets. There were 2 or more buckets. I know this for a fact because someone next to me commented that the side of the bucket had the numbers wirtten on it that it contained. This means that you were not being given a ticket from the entire pool of tickets, but that the line was divided up into sections. I think there were probably at least 3 buckets. As it turned out, the winning number that was pulled corresponded to the numbers in the last bucket, or the people who arrived the latest. I know someone who won that arrived about 2 minutes before the line cut off. If it truly was a random lottery, the 350 tickets would have been spread out throughout the entire line, which was not the case. The numbers only took care of the last several hundred who arrived and for all the people who invested many hours in the line, they came up short. This is what angered so many fans.

Most people who did not win then left including me, but instead of giving up, I drove straight to the Echoplex in hopes of joining a released ticket line. When I got there I was very surprised that there were only 2 other people there with the same idea and I stayed there for a couple of hours. What was weird was that the ticket winners were taking so long to show up at the venue to secure a great place in line. Had I been a winner, I'd have gone immediately to the venue. While there I got a call from a friend saying that the El Rey had been taking care of people who did not win the lottery and selling tickets. I later got a call that they were going to sell some more, so at around 4:30, I raced across town to the El Rey, getting there a little before 5pm and ended up being in the group for the last 40 tickets they sold. We then drove right back to the Echoplex and got a good place in the still very short line to get in.

Once in, we got to around the 3rd row just off the center. I saw some of the people I had met outisde the rehearsals the past 2 weeks. What annoyed me was that the group of people we stood behind during the show, was the usual young models that the Stones like to have in the front. There were 4-5 girls who did not stand in the line, yet were front center. The girl who was almost dead center in front of Jagger seemed to be bored the entire show. Based on how she was reacting, she only knew a few songs like Miss You. At least the girl directly in front of me was getting into it, but the 3-4 girls in the front row were as dead as can be. Maybe Jagger normally likes to look at them, but he was paying no attention to these pretty, but bored girls and was looking beyond them to where the big fans were singing along to the non Top 40 hit songs and really into it. Those tickets were truly wasted on non fans, yet people really want to criticize BV for being in attendance?

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-29 04:16 by Halup.

Posted by: Rialb ()
Date: April 29, 2013 04:17

As our fearless leader of course BV should be the first to get in - to lead the charge.

Seriously, I sincerely respect and appreciate your efforts to maintain this site. Thank you.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: April 29, 2013 04:29

I wasn't even going to click on this thread but I saw your name and am glad you got in, Halup.

BV is a sharp guy. I told BV what I knew about the Echoplex the night before and he got it immediately. A few other people I told weren't understanding my reasoning why I was absolutely convinced it was going to be there. I said one plus one plus one. Some people said THREE and some asked for a calculator.

Of course this was absolutely useless info because there were no tickets sold there!

My complete postmortem is on Shidoobee starting on page 3 in the Echoplex thread.

Posted by: Halup ()
Date: April 29, 2013 04:52

Dan, I just saw what you had written on Shidoobee. Somehow I thought you had got in. I did see that BV got in and his friends. It was weird how no tickets were sold at the Echoplex. I realized the show was happening (and assumed it was at the El Rey) when Dean Goodman posted to you that he hoped you were in sight of Shuggie and I raced out the door, not even realizing that it wasn't being held at the El Rey.

One other comment I wanted to make about the lottery was that it actually did allow scalpers to sell tickets, part of what it supposedly was designed not to do. People who had winning lottery tickets were able to sell the tickets (and I know for a fact that some did) to those who did not win. You then entered the El Rey with a winning lottery ticket to purchase the concert ticket, but there was nothing in place to stop scalpers or anyone selling their winning lottery ticket before entering the El Rey.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: April 29, 2013 05:00

I had a bankroll on me that would have been best carried in a briefcase that I could have desperately offered to someone for a lottery ticket, but we weren't sure that the lottery ticket guaranteed a concert ticket. There still a few unforseeable steps between getting the lottery ticket and getting inside.

There is no way to 100% prevent scalping but I would say 99% of the ticket weren't redistributed. A friend of mine with a winning lottery ticket was able to pass it on to his wife though.

@#$%& it, I saw Blood Red Shoes Saturday which is exactly what I was hoping to do 2 months ago!

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: April 29, 2013 05:12

What did Little Queenie sound like? I really do not get all the drama on this thread. Pumped for the few who got to be there!

Posted by: TimeIs ()
Date: April 29, 2013 05:30

Mostly a lurker but been following this site/forum for over 15 years. Thanks for all your efforts BV. The world of the Stones' fans would not be the same without you. smileys with beer

Posted by: bam ()
Date: April 29, 2013 05:31

Thanks again, bv. Your work here is much appreciated.

Posted by: donnarq1 ()
Date: April 29, 2013 05:47

Some folks on Shidoobee requested a write up, so here it is for those of you who are interested smiling smiley

Reader beware, this is more a personal narrative of the day than a formal review. On Friday night, I got the big tip off from GRRRRegory on Twitter that a club show was happening here in L.A....On Saturday at 7:30 a.m., I dressed casual-chic and comfortably to take me through the day. It was already 1:00 p.m when I able to jump in the car and make the horrendous drive from the east side of L.A. county to the West.

First Stop El Rey Theater: As I got out of my car, I ran into a friend. "It's too late. They've given out the lottery tickets and had the drawing."
After milling about for awhile, I went back to my car and was ready to leave. On second thought, I decided to stick around a while and scope out the scene.I got in for the show without a blue ticket.

El Rey part two: A long line snaked through the theater. After having my I.D. logged both on computer and an old-fashioned notepad, a representative attached a wrist band with my name on it and wrote my name on my ticket.

Echoplex: Parking at the Echoplex was plentiful, but a third-world nighmare. I got in line where news crews were there and folks were hanging about.

7:30 P.M. : We were finally in .I was right up in the front on Keith and Darryl's side. The energy was incredible as the Stones came on at a little after 9:00 p.m. and opened the set with " You got me Rockin.'' What incredible energy and great sound came from the stage....any roughness just added to the energy. We got the high energy hits along with a couple of well done, risk taking covers. Mick Taylor joined the band on Love in Vain...just beautiful with Keith in fine form....and Midnight Rambler. The band played eleven numbers, I think, and folks say the show lasted about an hour and a half....Is that right?...Who cares? I was having a great time smiling smiley

Who was on the stage? Mick, Keith, Ron, Charlie, Mick Taylor,Darryl, Lisa, Bernard, Chuck , Bobby, and Tim...After the encore, they did a curtain call and were off....Thanks for reading and best in music smiling smiley

P.S. I loved Mick's humor when he called Echo Park a city that's always up and coming...or something like that...and humorouly said that this is where bands play when they get their start as an unspoken acknowledgement of their status as The World's greatest Rock and Roll Band.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-29 07:29 by donnarq1.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: April 29, 2013 06:06

donnarq1
Some folks on Shidoobee requested a write up, so here it is for those of you who are interested smiling smiley

Reader beware, this is more a personal narrative of the day than a formal review. On Friday night, I got the big tip off from GRRRRegory on Twitter that a club show was happening here in L.A....On Saturday at 7:30 a.m., I dressed casual-chic and comfortably to take me through the day. It was already 1:00 p.m when I able to jump in the car and make the horrendous drive from the east side of L.A. county to the West.

First Stop El Rey Theater: As I got out of my car, I ran into a friend. "It's too late. They've given out the lottery tickets and had the drawing."
After milling about for awhile, I went back to my car and was ready to leave. On second thought, I decided to stick around a while and scope out the scene.I got in for the show without a blue ticket.

El Rey part two: A long line snaked through the theater. After having my I.D. logged both on computer and an old-fashioned notepad, a representative attached a wrist band with my name on it and wrote my name on my ticket.

Echoplex: Parking at the Echoplex was plentiful, but a third-world nighmare. I got in line where news crews were there and folks were hanging about.

7:30 P.M. : We were finally in .I was right up in the front on Keith and Darryl's side. The energy was incredible as the Stones came on at a little after 9:00 p.m. and opened the set with " You got me Rockin.'' What incredible energy and great sound came from the stage....any roughness just added to the energy. We got the high energy hits along with a couple of well done, risk taking covers. Mick Taylor joined the band on Love in Vain...just beautiful with Keith in fine form.. and.Midnight Rambler...I'd have to look at the set list to remember what other number. They played eleven numbers, I think, and folks say the show last about an hour and a half....It that right?...Who cares? I was having fun

Who was on the stage? Mick, Keith, Ron, Charlie, Mick Taylor (for three numbers) Darryl, Lisa, Bernard, Chuck , Bobby, and Tim...After the encore, they did a curtain call and were off....Thanks for reading and best in music

P.S. I loved Mick's humor when he called Echo Park a city that's always up and coming...or something like that...and humorouly said that this is where bands play when they get their start as an unspoken acknowledgement of their status as The World's greatest Rock and Roll Band.

Mick Taylor was on three numbers? What was the third? Or is that a typo?

Posted by: uhbuhgullayew ()
Date: April 29, 2013 06:21

If a boot ever surfaces from the show, I nominate this graphic to be the art on the cover.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: April 29, 2013 06:37

I want that kooky-looking poster!

Thanks, donnarq.

~"Love is Strong"~

Date: April 29, 2013 06:47

Angee, Mick Taylor played on four number...Love in Vain, Midnight Rambler...and the two encores...Brown Sugar and Jumping Jack Flash smiling smiley

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: April 29, 2013 07:04

donnarq1
Angee, Mick Taylor played on four number...Love in Vain, Midnight Rambler...and the two encores...Brown Sugar and Jumping Jack Flash smiling smiley

I don't see him.

Date: April 29, 2013 07:13

Mea Culpa, or My bad as they say...My friend who was there with me said that he played only on Love in Vain and Midnight Rambler...best in music smiling smiley

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-29 07:24 by donnarq1.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: April 29, 2013 07:30

Lots of reading to catch up with since yesterday afternoon! Not that it's needed but I'll chime in for the bv kudos, top guy who I had the good fortune to meet in Paris last year and to stand next to him during the public rehearsal in Bondy...that day I saw how much the Stones mean to him.

Thanks to halup for clearing up for good how the lottery worked...with the three buckets...AEG really lack any common sense don't they! I can understand they would have wanted several buckets to speed things up but how difficult would it have been to mix everything in a big bucket and then split the lot in several smaller ones ?! It's beyond stupid...well at least those who hung around all got in it seems and then some as they released more tickets later...

Surprised about the models being front row, there were none at the Trabendo for sure as the first who got in were fans who had lined up. Well I guess this is LA ;-)

Confused about the confusion around MT being there for the encores or not ?! Based on bv's report it does sound like he was indeed there for the final salute?

Hoping for some more pics and vids to surface and eventually a boot like for the Trabendo...

Date: April 29, 2013 08:00

tatters
donnarq1

I don't see him.

Wow! Mick is sexier than ever! There is no way he is 69 years old! No way!

Date: April 29, 2013 08:05

JumpinJackOLantern
tatters
donnarq1

I don't see him.

Wow! Mick is sexier than ever! There is no way he is 69 years old! No way!

When I look at this video it is just surreal to think that these guys could be performing at this level at roughly 70 years of age! Is it a dream? The impossible dream has become a reality!

Posted by: novica ()
Date: April 29, 2013 08:37

latebloomer
BV, you don't have to justify or explain your life to anyone....and you are right, 99% of the fans here love and appreciate this site. Don't let the other 1% get your down.

Thank you for IORR. smiling smiley

thumbs up

Posted by: jpasc95 ()
Date: April 29, 2013 08:57

Thanks for all the comments and pics and videos !
I've just seen a few seconds on TV of Respectable and It sounds like they played a bit slow, didn't they ?

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: April 29, 2013 09:06

BV, I don't know why people are causing you angst. Thank you for everything you do.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: April 29, 2013 09:12

Stones arrive at echoplex

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: April 29, 2013 09:20

bv
I do not understand why some people are so interested in me as a person. I happen to spend my lifetime running this web site. For free. So far so good. While others are with their families I post on IORR. And travel to shows and reheareals wherever that takes me. I have five grandchildren who will miss me for three months now. My wife are used to it but these small kids don't know what is going on. Don't feel sorry for me. I am happy with that. But jealousy is poison in your body. It is an excuse for your own limitations. I see "bv this" and "bv that" from people who don't know me, they don't even have real names. Shame on them.

Don't be insuled or envy me my life. I started off with nothing, and just like anyone else I am just a fan, may be with a bigger addiction than normal, but I am just a fan. Everything I do is extreme. I do Kilimanjaro many times not once. I do the Stones as much as I can not once. I work 16 hours per day while others take breaks. I never give up when others call it the day. I am not rich. My economy and my life is private. I share my life with people I do know and trust, but I am a shy and private person, I don't owe anything to anyone. People call me names and threaten my life. Every week, and now every day. It is not new. Like I say envy is poison, and weak people may use envy to excuse their own needs or frustrations.

I did not invent the El Rey lottery. Don't blame me. I don't organize the Rolling Stones ticket sales. Don't blame me. I am not going to sit still at home while the Stones play at a place nearby or even remote. I do whatever it takes. I don't break the law. I don't take bribes. I have been getting many great offers for all sorts of things over the years, regarding the Stones, but I am not for sale. I write what I think.

Why didn't I post the fact that there was a club show Saturday night at the Echoplex, with ticket sales at the El Rey? Well I get rumours about club shows every week of the year. This week I have had 20-30 different rumours from dozens of trusted insiders. I do know many people. Many. The rumours have shifted all the time. If I post one of these rumours and I am wrong, then I will have a crowd and a queue outside the wrong location and everybody will blame me. I will have people on flights from all over the world to the wrong date or city.

IORR is here for your service. It served it's purpose this week, like it has been doing for soon 20 years. Fans can talk, share ideass, rumours, facts, dreams, reports may be found, set lists and events from rare places can be found. There are times when I think that enough is enough. I might shut down IORR.org in one minute, and it would be gode forever. That is when people call me names and question my integrity. I could spend more time with my wife and my family and friends. But then I say to myself they are the 1% people who blame others rather than themselves. Envy. They will not be allowed to take away the jou from the 99% rest of us. I will keep IORR running. I will keep my private life to myself and to my friends and family. Anyone are accepted as friends, but friendship is built on trust not threaths and insults.

Where I get my tickets from? I call Mick, he will tell me where the club show is, in fact he calls me. I book a business trip, drink champaign on the flight, stay at Four Seasons, the ticket is under my door on show day witn the prelimnary set list. There is no need for me to queue for tickets. I did not spend days working to get all sorted out for Glastonbury. My wife never ask me about those large numbers on our bank account every time the Stones tour. Life is easy. Elvis is still alive, and the earth is flat.

AHA !! Caught you at it yet AGAIN !!

when are you going to stop giving out misleading information Bjornulf ?

The earth is most definitely NOT flat, it is in fact an oblate spheroid !!

As for Elvis, yes he looks rather well these days. I saw him myself just last week in fact !!

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Date: April 29, 2013 09:53

TeddyB1018
I like the slow tempos. Miserable discussion here though. I remember not so long ago several people here posting that the Stones would never play again, and that Keith couldn't even hold a guitar. Now some of those people seem to be unhappy that the band is playing. For me, this is a very cool iteration of the Rolling Stones. I really could not have hoped for much better. Good for them.

They'll always find something to nag about anyways.

They are playing the songs in the RIGHT tempo, btw. Comparing with the album versions, that is.

That clip of BS from the gig is nothing but raw energy and passion. It takes a lot to make that swing, without "cheating" by speeding it up horrendously.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1819202122232425262728Next
Current Page: 24 of 28

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2317
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home