Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1819202122232425262728Next
Current Page: 27 of 28
Re: ***GIG TONIGHT AT ECHOPLEX - SMALL & INTIMATE!***
Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: April 30, 2013 20:50

THis is the Daily Mail, I can't believe anybody is even taking it a little bit seriously. In the UK that paper is a joke, sensationalist, Conservative nonsense, a rag that will print anything to sell copy.

The reporter in keeping with most Mail reporters is an imbecile, with no concern for music. It's a vile paper and in time will fold.

Posted by: bernard90mike ()
Date: April 30, 2013 21:05

the guys really look good & fit in this video
setlist ... great - hopefully some of the songs will make it into the tour set toosmiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: Zagalo ()
Date: April 30, 2013 22:40

crumbling_mice
THis is the Daily Mail, I can't believe anybody is even taking it a little bit seriously. In the UK that paper is a joke, sensationalist, Conservative nonsense, a rag that will print anything to sell copy.

The reporter in keeping with most Mail reporters is an imbecile, with no concern for music. It's a vile paper and in time will fold.

We can only hope so...

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: April 30, 2013 23:11

Daily Mail is the top online newspaper website (most viewed) so they must be doing something right. Their Stones coverage sucks but at least they didn't call them "the wrinkly rockers"

Posted by: tnhybrid ()
Date: April 30, 2013 23:38

Hey folks, read the first few pages of the thread but haven't had a chance to look at all 27 - is there a master page for videos?? THANKS for any help (and thanks for those brave souls who risked getting booted out to bring us a few seconds of vid winking smiley)

"Just a poor girl in a rich man's house" * Rockin' in Nashville, TN!

Posted by: bv ()
Date: May 1, 2013 01:53

Everything important related to the Exhoplex show should go into this page:

[www.iorr.org]

Feel free to send links, reports, anything that should be part of the above final and permanent Exhoplex reports pages.

Bjornulf

Posted by: maradona ()
Date: May 1, 2013 02:13

BV, could you add "2013" to the Tour-Years / Show-Reviews on the front iorr.org page please? I think last year's anniversary shows and the coming ones should have their own links, maybe you agree smiling smiley

Kind regards

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-01 02:14 by maradona.

Little Queenie Echoplex
Posted by: Carnaby ()
Date: May 1, 2013 03:24

Was it like the B stage version, or did Keith give it a different treatment?

Re: Little Queenie Echoplex
Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: May 1, 2013 03:28

oh, come on!

Date: May 1, 2013 04:02

ryanpow
oh, come on!

I wasn't there and I'd like to know. There have been several different live versions over the years.

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: May 1, 2013 04:20

Ask one of the Olsen twins.

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: May 1, 2013 04:50

Change the subject of the first message/thread title to 'Does anyone have a video of Little Queenie from Echo?'. I want to know too! Little Queenie is the one song I have been wanting to hear forever! If they play it in Chicago I will be thrilled beyond belief.

Mick leaving Echoplex, pic
Date: April 30, 2013 21:40

Re: Mick leaving Echoplex, pic
Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: April 30, 2013 21:43

Leaving the stage with his entourage, he appeared haggard and drawn with sunken cheeks and a dazed look in his eyes.

This is a 1976 report right?

Date: April 30, 2013 21:44

GravityBoy

Leaving the stage with his entourage, he appeared haggard and drawn with sunken cheeks and a dazed look in his eyes.

This is a 1976 report right?

Ha! Mick looks fine.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: April 30, 2013 21:45

It was already posted on the intial rehearsal gig thread. No need to give that rag any more attention.thumbs down

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Date: April 30, 2013 21:46

sweetcharmedlife
It was already posted on the intial rehearsal gig thread. No need to give that rag any more attention.thumbs down

Sorry, didn't know that.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: April 30, 2013 22:02

Carnaby
[www.dailymail.co.uk]

Mick Looks bad ass... he looks like he is getting ready to go all Terminator

It looks like Mick has been working hard at making people happy, both concepts that are probably foreign to Alasdair Glennie.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-30 22:03 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: May 1, 2013 00:20

Lady Bruce

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-01 00:21 by Redhotcarpet.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: May 1, 2013 00:48

Redhotcarpet

Lady Bruce

He's starting to look like Gary Abusey.

Speaking of Bruce Jenner, let's not forget what it took to get him where he is today....

John Belushi's "Little Chocolate Donuts" skit at: [www.hulu.com]

Posted by: kish_stoned ()
Date: May 1, 2013 00:52

all they can write about how mick look after 2 hrs of playing live ,i would to see what the reporter looks like after 2 hrs of playing,little fcuker.

Posted by: dougie ()
Date: May 1, 2013 00:59

The guy is tired after giving his all after the concert. It is like finishing a race. All the media wants to focus on the negative. I am sure if you saw him after a shower and his wheat smoothie- he was glowing.

Thanks for giving us 110% Mick!

Date: May 1, 2013 11:46

I hope they can translate that ballsy guitar sound to the bigger venues.
Love Ron on those LPs; and no one except Keith can make a Tele grunt like that.

Re: BE ALERT..........NEWS COMING!
Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: May 1, 2013 15:25

corriecas
No, Chuck and darryll are fired.

Ian MacLagan and Bill are in.

Lisa is only in, when she dances naked. This is what Jagger mentiones on Faceshite.

Jeroen
i agree 100%

Date: May 1, 2013 16:34

flacnvinyl
Change the subject of the first message/thread title to 'Does anyone have a video of Little Queenie from Echo?'. I want to know too! Little Queenie is the one song I have been wanting to hear forever! If they play it in Chicago I will be thrilled beyond belief.

I search everyday for a Queenie vid. Something will show up eventually.... I guess.

Date: May 1, 2013 23:09

Palace Revolution 2000
I hope they can translate that ballsy guitar sound to the bigger venues.
Love Ron on those LPs; and no one except Keith can make a Tele grunt like that.

thumbs up

Posted by: ChefGuevara ()
Date: May 1, 2013 23:25

How The Rolling Stones Ended Up Playing The Echoplex

The Rolling Stones played a surprise sold-out show at the Echoplex last night (YouTube)
When the Rolling Stones kick off their "50 And Counting" tour this month, they'll be playing at the Staples Center, a venue with the capacity for 20,000 fans.
But to warm up for their big tour, the band ended up at the Echoplex, an intimate venue better known for hosting local acts and indie rockers on tour. Franki Chan, the owner of the event series Check Yo Ponytail at the Echoplex, writes about how the classic rock band ended up at the Echoplex:
Earlier that day AEG/Goldenvoice, who are organizing the Stones main tour, reached out looking for a space. For whatever reason their normal venues weren’t lining up and they really wanted to put them somewhere ‘cool’ rather than the typical West Hollywood venues that most of these type of shows happen in. Who cares if they thought of us or we were the victims of a happy accident, we were determined to do whatever we needed to to make this happen.

The venue had to undergo some serious vetting by the Rolling Stones' team:
A couple days later we met with The Rolling Stones main road crew to do a walk through of Echoplex. It was amazing to watch their team work. They exist as a mini army whose sole existence is to make sure The Stones are satisfied at every turn. Every aspect of the venue was explored up & down for hours. We did this twice. Eventually we got the call that it was on.

Of course, the hardest part of working behind the scenes on a secret Rolling Stones show is keeping your mouth shut: "Knowing that we were going to do or have involvement in a show with The Rolling Stones was the hardest secret I’ve ever kept. On one hand it’s SO COOL and you wanna tell everyone. On the other, if you do, it’s going to be a complete shit show."

[laist.com]

Posted by: ChefGuevara ()
Date: May 1, 2013 23:40

Not sure if this fan video was posted before.
Some fan commentes and reactions to the Stones at Echoplex :

Posted by: Big Ed ()
Date: May 2, 2013 16:18

Hey the writer should try to go to work for 90 min with all the raw energy and bad AC and moving about for all the time he did. It's like playing in an NBA Basketball Game it's hard work.
Not many can do it and do it as well as Mick.
Again let the writer try it the lets see his comments

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: May 2, 2013 19:07

Can anyone tell us how Little Queenie was played? 1969 vs 1997...

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1819202122232425262728Next
Current Page: 27 of 28

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1260
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home