Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 5 of 6
Re: Show Woody some respect..
Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: April 25, 2013 23:20

Max'sKansasCity
I just dont understand why so many Stones haters post on this site.
If I felt the way so many here seem to, I would never even open this site.

Dang.

It's important to remind people sometimes what made the Stones great, and to understand a lot of what did make them great fell by the wayside to various degrees.
I think most fans deep down can acknowledge it's been a rough ride since the end of the Licks tour especially. Plus, to not call out some of this stuff is an insult to the greatness they once achieved. We are here to the bitter end, this being the bitter part.

Posted by: sanQ ()
Date: April 25, 2013 23:21

This comparison never would have started if people weren't dissing Taylor. I have stated several times how talented I know Woody is. I know he's good. But as a lead player, Taylor is a genius. Ronnie is a more rounded talent in different areas, but Mick Taylor is a guitar master. I like them both. How could I not? I love the Rolling Stones!

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: April 25, 2013 23:25

andrewt
Max'sKansasCity

Dang.

It's important to remind people sometimes what made the Stones great, and to understand a lot of what did make them great fell by the wayside to various degrees.
I think most fans deep down can acknowledge it's been a rough ride since the end of the Licks tour especially. Plus, to not call out some of this stuff is an insult to the greatness they once achieved. We are here to the bitter end, this being the bitter part.

Can we just have the end already...I want balloons...

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: April 25, 2013 23:26

andrewt
Max'sKansasCity

Dang.

Rough ride?
It aint been a rough ride for me at all... its has been a party, good times.

Date: April 25, 2013 23:31

Max'sKansasCity
andrewt
Max'sKansasCity

Dang.

Rough ride?

Actually you're right, I've seen shows and had a great time meeting people at them since then too, but I was speaking more in terms of the quality of the product when you look back and compare it objectively to earlier peaks.

Date: April 25, 2013 23:36

andrewt
Max'sKansasCity
andrewt
Max'sKansasCity

Dang.

Rough ride?

Actually you're right, I've seen shows and had a great time meeting people at them since then too, but I was speaking more in terms of the quality of the product when you look back and compare it objectively to earlier peaks.

It does not really deserve that much thought...

At some point bands stop appealing to people, and they need to let it go. I have let many bands go, and I sure as hell dont hang around their message boards saying "This band was so much better when Ron Welty was the drummer, the new guys sucks.... I just accept that Ron quit, and I move on.

Date: April 25, 2013 23:45

Max'sKansasCity
andrewt
Max'sKansasCity
andrewt
Max'sKansasCity

Dang.

Rough ride?

At some point bands stop appealing to people, and they need to let it go. I have let many bands go, and I sure as hell dont hang around their message boards saying "This band was so much better when Ron Welty was the drummer, the new guys sucks.... I just accept that Ron quit, and I move on.

I still listen to the Stones constantly. I'm not a hater, but I think some criticisms are valid. I said earlier in the thread that Ron Wood rocks and I stand by that.

Date: April 25, 2013 23:46

andrewt
Max'sKansasCity
andrewt
Max'sKansasCity
andrewt
Max'sKansasCity

Dang.

Rough ride?

I still listen to the Stones constantly. I'm not a hater, but I think some criticisms are valid. I said earlier in the thread that Ron Wood rocks and I stand by that.

smileys with beer Cheers

Posted by: roby ()
Date: April 26, 2013 09:24

Ron Wood loves laughing on stage. He is awesome.

Date: April 26, 2013 10:13

andrewt
Max'sKansasCity

Dang.

I think those who still are saying it's a rough ride didn't attend the 2012-shows...

LISTEN to this, for Christ's sake!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-26 10:16 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: VT22 ()
Date: April 26, 2013 10:22

Don't shout please.

Date: April 26, 2013 10:27

You're right, the whole problem in 90 % of cases is to listen Ron Wood.

Date: April 26, 2013 14:58

DandelionPowderman
andrewt
Max'sKansasCity

Dang.

I think those who still are saying it's a rough ride didn't attend the 2012-shows...

It's the Chuck & Mick show!

Date: April 26, 2013 15:03

With all respect, andrewt. That is an uneducated post.

Most other listeners may recognise that it takes quite a while before Chuck fills in here. And before he does, we get beautiful guitars and vocals thumbs up

PS: Chuck is actually doing a mighty fine job on this one.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-26 15:03 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: lovethestones ()
Date: April 26, 2013 15:05

I saw both Ronnie and Mick Taylor at the O2 in London in November. The truth is that they are both great musicians and it really looked they enjoyed playing together. It was fantastic to see them both playing together onstage. I can´t understand why people feel the need to make a competition about who´s more liked and more talented. I love them both!

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: April 26, 2013 15:09

andrewt
DandelionPowderman
andrewt
Max'sKansasCity

Dang.

It's the Chuck & Mick show!

Mick is singing like a God when he stands still instead of running around like a Motherhucker...

2 1 2 0

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: April 26, 2013 15:11

Come On
Mick is singing like a God when he stands still instead of running around like a Motherhucker...

A few people have been saying that for years.

He's best when he has 10 feet of stage to work with.

I think Keith said it as well somewhere.

Posted by: leatherjacket ()
Date: April 26, 2013 15:50

buffalo7478
Show Woody respect like he showed by being wasted and/or careless and playing crappy leads during several tours for paying audiences?

Woody may be one of the nicest guys in rock music. I respect him for that. His playing with the Faces was great. But I am not a fan of his playing with the Stones at all - especially LIVE

1+ + + + +

Date: April 26, 2013 15:52

Care to elaborate?

Date: April 26, 2013 16:59

DandelionPowderman
With all respect, andrewt. That is an uneducated post.

Most other listeners may recognise that it takes quite a while before Chuck fills in here. And before he does, we get beautiful guitars and vocals thumbs up

PS: Chuck is actually doing a mighty fine job on this one.

I had another listen. I'm still not getting why that basic strumming is so impressive, and there's what sounds like a mistake at :48, but I'll leave that to the guitar players to decide. Mick does sound great and I agree it's nice to have him sing without running around. And I respect the fact they chose an Aftermath offcut. (though I would've gone for It's Not Easy).
Anyhoo, shall we get back to Ronald Wood...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-26 17:01 by andrewt.

Date: April 26, 2013 20:49

A thing of the past. A good, energic and sharp Ron playing that no longer exists.

DandelionPowderman
Care to elaborate?

Date: April 26, 2013 22:25

Roby, if you were at the 2012 shows and listened to Ronnie's YCAGWYW-solos, you probably wouldn't be so dead sure about this...

Posted by: Fuman2 ()
Date: April 26, 2013 22:26

I can do this.

I love Ron's solo albums, where he does what he wants instead of trying to fit in. Also, his guitar work on Respectable is outrageous!

Date: April 26, 2013 23:51

Sure I am. Since 15 years at least !

DandelionPowderman
Roby, if you were at the 2012 shows and listened to Ronnie's YCAGWYW-solos, you probably wouldn't be so dead sure about this...

Posted by: VT22 ()
Date: April 26, 2013 23:54

lovethestones
I saw both Ronnie and Mick Taylor at the O2 in London in November. The truth is that they are both great musicians and it really looked they enjoyed playing together. It was fantastic to see them both playing together onstage. I can´t understand why people feel the need to make a competition about who´s more liked and more talented. I love them both!

These days there is no competition anymore. The Stones's guitar section lost it, for years already. But its great to see them having fun together.

Date: April 27, 2013 12:07

Yes.

The Richards and Taylor couple was unsurpassed,unique, formidble. A war machine on stage.

Taylor was and still is a wonderful solo player, and he has never ceased to be a awesome rhythm guitarist, precise, applied. With Keith the king of riff, there was energy, power, madness.

Ron is inconstitent, irregular. Too often, he even don't play the riff. Result : poor version, weak, and Chuck who replaces him in the sound mix...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-27 12:24 by roby.

Date: April 27, 2013 12:14

BS, roby!

Date: April 27, 2013 12:29

If only smiling smileyThe strict thruth. The ruthless truth.

Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: April 27, 2013 14:09

Seems like people don't get that Mick Taylor and Ron Wood had different jobs.

Mick Taylor's job was to be a great guitarist.

Ron Wood's job was to get along with everyone and be a buffer between Mick Jagger and Keith. If you read interviews about him joining, and consider who they rejected for the job (some incredible guitarists), this seems pretty clear.

If you listen to the albums and shows with Mick Taylor, he performed his job admirably. If you consider that the Stones are still together, I'd argue that Ron has performed his job admirably as well.

Date: April 27, 2013 16:35

Roby, I need some of the stuff you're smoking, man!

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 5 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2077
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home