Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456
Current Page: 6 of 6
Re: Show Woody some respect..
Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: April 27, 2013 16:46

DandelionPowderman
Roby, I need some of the stuff you're smoking, man!

No you dont man, expecially if it turns people in Negative Nancys who can only repeat the exact same shit over and over and over and over always focused on the negative.

Stay the good man you are DPM.

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: April 27, 2013 17:08

DandelionPowderman

You barbarian! grinning smiley

Date: April 27, 2013 17:17

To see things his way...

Posted by: roby ()
Date: April 27, 2013 21:43

To stand Ron playing, of course, I understand man smiling smiley Give me your adress !

DandelionPowderman

Date: April 27, 2013 22:04

Stay cool man and read that ^^ : realism

"The Mick Taylor period was a creative peak for us. A tremendous jump in musical credibility. Now Keith won't say that; Keith, I think, would prefer to play with Ronnie as a partner. But Mick Taylor was an incredible virtuoso. Brian wasn't, he was a good all-round player, and Ronnie's the same. He'll play wonderful bottleneck guitar and pedal steel -- any instrument, like Brian -- but Mick gave our music terrific lyricism. Ronnie is a very likeable person, a great sense of humor. Musically, he didn't bring anything, but he has this facility to add to things."

Charlie Watts, Mojo Magazine 2003.

Max'sKansasCity
DandelionPowderman

No you dont man, expecially if it turns people in Negative Nancys who can only repeat the exact same shit over and over and over and over always focused on the negative.

Stay the good man you are DPM.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-27 23:42 by roby.

Date: April 27, 2013 22:27

Stay the good man you are DandelionPowderman,
cant wait to see your band someday, Keep on rocking.

Date: April 27, 2013 23:47

smileys with beer Cheers, Max!

Date: April 27, 2013 23:49

DandelionPowderman
smileys with beer Cheers, Max!
Right back at ya DPM! smileys with beer ROCK AND ROLL SATURDAY NIGHT.

Date: April 28, 2013 13:27

The main thing I don't stand for with Ronnie is his dilettantism on stage, that's all...

Posted by: VT22 ()
Date: April 28, 2013 14:22

roby
The main thing I don't stand for with Ronnie is his dilettantism on stage, that's all...

After Taylor's departure in '74 Ron did a decent job on the '75/'76 tour to replace him - Ron had his moments.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: April 28, 2013 14:53

DandelionPowderman

Wonderful.

Date: April 28, 2013 15:03

roby

"The Mick Taylor period was a creative peak for us. A tremendous jump in musical credibility. Now Keith won't say that; Keith, I think, would prefer to play with Ronnie as a partner. But Mick Taylor was an incredible virtuoso. Brian wasn't, he was a good all-round player, and Ronnie's the same. He'll play wonderful bottleneck guitar and pedal steel -- any instrument, like Brian -- but Mick gave our music terrific lyricism. Ronnie is a very likeable person, a great sense of humor. Musically, he didn't bring anything, but he has this facility to add to things."

Seems to me Charlie isn't aware of just how good they were during the Brian Jones era. smiling smiley

Date: April 28, 2013 16:59

His Majesty
roby

Seems to me Charlie isn't aware of just how good they were during the Brian Jones era. smiling smiley

Sure he did, only a fool would deny that.

Date: April 28, 2013 17:04

Yes, he had.

VT22
roby

After Taylor's departure in '74 Ron did a decent job on the '75/'76 tour to replace him - Ron had his moments.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: April 28, 2013 19:20

Charlie was THERE during Brian's years.

YOU were not.

Date: April 28, 2013 20:48

stonesrule
Charlie was THERE during Brian's years.

YOU were not.

Neither were YOU for most of it.

Date: April 28, 2013 20:49

VT22
His Majesty
roby

I dunno, he seems to be saying the Taylor years were better.

Posted by: Fullerblindboy69 ()
Date: April 28, 2013 20:53

I love Ronnie wood, alway's have, he got soul. Not sure joining the Stones was the best move he ever made musicially. His talents have never been fully utilized in that band, which is a loss for them as well as for himself. That being said things are what they are and I love The Stones From what I've seen of the set list for the L.A. show things should be rocking!

Date: April 28, 2013 21:08

His Majesty
VT22
His Majesty
roby

I dunno, he seems to be saying the Taylor years were better.

I don't attach too much value to his words, although he has some great insights. Both the areas were great. Its just that I am a typically 2 guitars 7-tees rock band admirer. I like the concept of a strong lead and rhythm interaction. That's typically Taylor area. Jones added a lot to the the Stones genuine flavor, I still love it.

Date: April 29, 2013 12:57

"Mick Taylor holds a special place in the select pantheon of Rolling Stones Guitarists. He was there at what many consider to be the height of the band’s achievements. What a guitarist, and what a legacy."

http://www.rollingstones.com/artist/mick-taylor/

Posted by: billwebster ()
Date: April 29, 2013 21:32

Glad to see Ronnie doing well and enjoying being sober.

Here's hoping for more great guitar parts such as "Don't Stop", "Let Me Down Slow", "Blinded By Rainbows" and maybe even another classic song such as "Black Limousine".

I've loved "Lucky Man" and "Catch You" the most from his recent solo album.

Thank you for the music.

Date: April 30, 2013 19:21

Mick Taylor with the Stones = gold era. Everything else is just talk.A fact. History.

Date: April 30, 2013 19:34

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWNNNN - zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: April 30, 2013 19:36

roby
Mick Taylor with the Stones = gold era. Everything else is just talk.A fact. History.

Rubbish

Date: April 30, 2013 19:40

Truth.

Date: April 30, 2013 19:50

roby

I love "talk" like Black And Blue, El Mocambo Side, Some Girls, Emotional Rescue, Tattoo You and Undercover.

Sweet, excellent talk thumbs up

Date: April 30, 2013 21:09

I prefer gems like Sticky Fingers, Exile on Main St., Goats Head Soup, It's Only Rock 'n Roll, Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out ! Legend. Stones at the top of their game. Amazing stuff.

roby
spinning smiley sticking its tongue outsmileys with beer>grinning smiley< Mick Taylor & Keith smiling smiley

GravityBoy
DandelionPowderman
You can still play with one arm, but you probably know that, right? winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-30 21:10 by roby.

Date: May 2, 2013 11:13

Huge Mick Taylor fan. Glad he's back and can play again with the boys. Was happy during the 2012 to see how he was great during Midnight Rambler. Thanks to the Stones make this dream come true.

Mick Taylor is a great musician. His Sway final solo is pureley a wonder. And it's just an exemple. Nothing comparable with Ronnie IMO, sorry. Anywhere... Yes, I prefer Taylor, by far. I will not apologize for that.

I do not blame Ronnie, it is also a question of composition quality. Taylor has the chance to express his wonderful talent on exceptional tracks.

Date: May 2, 2013 12:53

I'm searching for a MT painting made by Ron. Anyone?

Goto Page: Previous123456
Current Page: 6 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1878
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home