Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Appreciate what ya got and admit it's not 1973 or 1981 anymore!
Posted by: stonesdan60 ()
Date: April 30, 2013 16:23

So much grousing here about the Stones playing their songs at studio tempo, which is slower than what they used to do live. So what already? These guys are pushing 70. Charlie's older, Ronnie's a bit younger. Who ever thought a few decades past that the greatest rock and roll band in the world would still be touring in 2013?? Taking their age into consideration, they're in amazing shape and playing better than anyone has a right to expect. To complain that they're not as wild onstage as they were in their younger days is ridiculous. From the videos I've seen of the club show, plus the shows they did in London and Newark, they still sound like The Rolling F#@%ing Stones! Even if the tempos are a bit slower. Actually on some songs they sound better than they did a few years ago on the ABB Tour. And we also get Mick Taylor for a little bit. Hell, people once expected Keith to be dead decades ago. Now he's playing his trademark licks with passion and focus even if he can't play as fiery as he once did. He's 69! Give him a break! And Jagger moves like most performers that are much younger could never match. I see nothing to bitch about. I, for one, am very jealous as I can't afford to go to this tour...but maybe I'll find a way...And thanks to BV for running this great site!

Re: Appreciate what ya got and admit it's not 1973 or 1981 anymore!
Posted by: stonesdan60 ()
Date: April 30, 2013 16:27

Maybe I should have called this thread You Can't Always Get What You Want- but you get what you need. Be grateful The Stones are still rolling at an age many people never expected some of them to live to! God bless The Rolling Stones.It's only rock and roll - but I LOVE it! Yes I do! Thank you Stones!

Date: April 30, 2013 16:32

stonesdan60
So much grousing here about the Stones playing their songs at studio tempo, which is slower than what they used to do live. So what already? These guys are pushing 70. Charlie's older, Ronnie's a bit younger. Who ever thought a few decades past that the greatest rock and roll band in the world would still be touring in 2013?? Taking their age into consideration, they're in amazing shape and playing better than anyone has a right to expect. To complain that they're not as wild onstage as they were in their younger days is ridiculous. From the videos I've seen of the club show, plus the shows they did in London and Newark, they still sound like The Rolling F#@%ing Stones! Even if the tempos are a bit slower. Actually on some songs they sound better than they did a few years ago on the ABB Tour. And we also get Mick Taylor for a little bit. Hell, people once expected Keith to be dead decades ago. Now he's playing his trademark licks with passion and focus even if he can't play as fiery as he once did. He's 69! Give him a break! And Jagger moves like most performers that are much younger could never match. I see nothing to bitch about. I, for one, am very jealous as I can't afford to go to this tour...but maybe I'll find a way...And thanks to BV for running this great site!

thumbs up

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: April 30, 2013 16:53

Thank God its not '81, they sounded horrible that tour. Much better now, I must say.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: April 30, 2013 16:56

stonesdan60

hot smileysmileys with beer
Agree!!
Jeroen

Posted by: noughties ()
Date: April 30, 2013 17:34

On the 1981 Urban Jungle tour they played waaaaaay too fast. Why?

Date: April 30, 2013 17:47

noughties

[en.wikipedia.org]

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: April 30, 2013 17:50

noughties

hmm...they just slowed down a bit on the 1982 Steel Wheels tour...

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: April 30, 2013 18:11

The aber is though that you pay for a Ferrari and they deliver a run down Ford with a lot of milage. If you accept that, it's all fine!

Date: April 30, 2013 18:12

Stoneage
The aber is though that you pay for a Ferrari and they deliver a run down Ford with a lot of milage. If you accept that, it's all fine!

Nope, it's still the Ferrari, albeit a little older...

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: April 30, 2013 19:15

It is a vintage Ferrari and it so much more strikingly amazing.

Date: April 30, 2013 19:18

thumbs up

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: April 30, 2013 19:22

shortfatfanny
noughties

Steelwheels was 1989
jeroen

Date: April 30, 2013 19:55

corriecas
shortfatfanny
noughties

Steelwheels was 1989
jeroen

No,that was the 2019 tour...

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: April 30, 2013 19:59

What was the 1792 tour called? something about whiskey I think...

Posted by: Starr ()
Date: April 30, 2013 20:05

stonesdan60 - I agree with you completely - we are lucky to still have 'em - its only rock 'n roll but we luv it! I don't care what they play - stop the whingein' - Waitin' for Hyde Park now...

"till the next time..."

Date: April 30, 2013 20:12

Max'sKansasCity

grinning smiley

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: April 30, 2013 20:45

I feel lucky that they are still here.
There's no way in hell I think that they deserve what they're charging for tickets. But it's nice to check iorr to get glimses of recent pics and videos from time to time, just to know they're still alive.

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: April 30, 2013 21:22

You're done kissin now? grinning smiley Bruse still delivers like it's 1978. Im a Stones fan - just sayin.

Posted by: Shawn20 ()
Date: May 1, 2013 01:44

Send It To me
Thank God its not '81, they sounded horrible that tour. Much better now, I must say.

I saw two shows in 81 and I agree - worst sounding tour I've attended.

Date: May 1, 2013 01:52

I read this about this supposed bad sound stuff from time to time, but I guess I am just lucky that all of the shows I have gone to have sounded awesome. I saw/heard 4 shows in 1981; both days in Boulder, 1 show in St Louie in and 1 show in KC... and they all sound great.

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: May 1, 2013 13:27

Stoneage

smileys with beer

Bingo!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-01 13:29 by andrewt.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: May 1, 2013 13:43

shortfatfanny
Max'sKansasCity

grinning smiley

How about...

Date: May 1, 2013 16:21

Green Lady
shortfatfanny
Max'sKansasCity

grinning smiley

How about...

What a way to start the day smoking smiley drinking smiley hot smiley

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: May 1, 2013 16:26

Send It To me

grinning smiley + eye rolling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-01 16:28 by dcba.

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: May 1, 2013 16:32

DandelionPowderman
stonesdan60

thumbs up
doublethumbs upthumbs up Despite the fact that I liked the 81/82 Tour as well as earlier and later ones I see the pace in songs and how they have been finally presented in the London shows 2012 for good. They may charge Ferrari ticketprices (not again that threas), but they deliver Rolls Royces IMO. And I think this is why a lot of people can't cope eye rolling smiley with what they delivery today.

Posted by: TMONTANA ()
Date: May 1, 2013 16:34

stonesdan60

Yeah well, they should realize that they are not the same also,and lower tickets prices to see them, not charge the crazy amounts that they are charging,as if they were in their prime,l mean they are OLD and can't hardly play anymore,look at Keith in those videos from the club show the other night,he doesn't move,having to concentrate so hard to play Brown Sugar,a song he ought to play in his sleep,and with one hand......confused smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-01 16:46 by TMONTANA.

Date: May 1, 2013 17:03

I loved the 1981 tour... seems like just yesterday...

Although I still have no idea what a Jovan is.

Posted by: TMONTANA ()
Date: May 1, 2013 17:06

Max'sKansasCity
I loved the 1981 tour... seems like just yesterday...

Although I still have no idea what a Jovan is.
Musk perfume...

Date: May 1, 2013 17:06

Coooool.... can you hear that music? I can.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2025
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home