Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314...LastNext
Current Page: 9 of 30
Re: High Priced Tickets not Selling
Posted by: Harpo ()
Date: April 28, 2013 03:14

$85 tickets are back on sale for the 2 Anaheim shows.

Date: April 28, 2013 03:49

Hi first time poster, living in local SoCal area.

I SCORED $85 TICKETS TO BOTH THE HONDA CENTER SHOW ON MAY 18 AND THE LAS VEGAS SHOW AND I CAN TELL YOU THAT I JUST LOOKED FOR 85$ TICKETS USING TICKETMASTER AND STONES WEBSITE, THE SAME EXACT METHOD THAT I USED TO SCORE THE TICKETS, AND THE TICKETS ARE NOT ON SALE

SORRY TELL YOU THAT THEY ARE NOT ON SALE

I AM GOING TO TAKE A MINUTE HERE AND TRY TO START A NEW THREAD, DISCUSSING HOW I SCORED MY 85$ TICKETS. I REALIZE THAT THE TICKETS FOR THE MOST PART ALREADY SOLD, BUT, IN THE EVENT THAT THEY SOMEHOW SHUFFLE THE HIGHER-PRICED, NONSELLING TICKETS TO THE $85 BIN OR POST ENTIRELY NEW CONCERTS IN YOUR AREA, I WOULD LIKE TO TRY TO HELP PEOPLE UNDERSTAND WHAT I DID TO GET THESE TICKETS SO HOPEFULLY THEY CAN HAVE THE SAME

THE THREAD WILL BE TITLED "HOW I SCORED MY $85 TICKETS"

GOOD LUCK GETTING TICKETS I AM ALMOST 60 AND THE ONLY TWO BANDS I DIDN'T SEE IN THE 60S WERE HENDRIX AND THE STONES, SO I GUESS THIS IS COMING FULL CIRCLE. SADLY I CAN'T DO ANYTHING ABOUT HENDRIX.

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: April 28, 2013 10:04

rebelrebel

I agree with you, the situation for LA May 3 seems to be a lot worse (from the AEG point of view) than London with a week to go last year. Not only are there tickets available from $250 upwards but the $250 seats are side stage, not right at the back. Plenty of pretty decent floor seats are there and I was asking for 3 together just to make it a bit more awkward. Anyway, since I'm still annoyed at AEG's misselling of Tier 1 & 2 at Hyde Park I'm kinda pleased to think they might be making quite a loss with this.

As the date for LA was uncertain People did not want to buy at all. OK there were not many Options on the date, but still if People have to drive or fly and like to make Arrangements it's difficult. Besides the ticket there is accommodation etc. to organize and the Close you get to a date the more expensive the rest gets. I am pretty sure that the Arenas will be filled even if they give away the tickets for free on the day of the showcool smiley

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: April 28, 2013 10:11

Grison
I am pretty sure that the Arenas will be filled

I don't know why anybody doubts this for a second.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 28, 2013 18:31

Aquamarine
Grison

ah, perhaps because the ticket prices are out of range for most people, otherwise as in the past they'd have sold out by now.

with that said, I will agree that if they give away the remaining tickets the day of the show the arena will be full.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: April 28, 2013 18:37

treaclefingers
Aquamarine
Grison

ah, perhaps because the ticket prices are out of range for most people, otherwise as in the past they'd have sold out by now.

with that said, I will agree that if they give away the remaining tickets the day of the show the arena will be full.

There's plenty of warm bodies ready to fill those seats. Well, maybe they're not so warm, but they definitely look ready!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-28 18:38 by tatters.

Date: April 28, 2013 19:02

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-28 19:03 by tatters.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: April 28, 2013 19:08

well out of idle interest I just checked availability of Philly pit tickets on both dates, and there's no problem. Plenty available. Hardly surprising they're still available, they cost USD$ 1507 each !

No, you didn't misread that .... I DID say ONE THOUSAND FIVE HUNDRED AND SEVEN UNITED STATES DOLLARS !!

For f**ks sake, have they gone nuts ? Who's buying those ?

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Date: April 28, 2013 19:18

paulywaul
well out of idle interest I just checked availability of Philly pit tickets on both dates, and there's no problem. Plenty available. Hardly surprising they're still available, they cost USD$ 1507 each !

No, you didn't misread that .... I DID say ONE THOUSAND FIVE HUNDRED AND SEVEN UNITED STATES DOLLARS !!

In December those were around 2'000 USD$. So yes Paulywaul like it or not, Prices have come down smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: April 28, 2013 19:49

thumbs up
paulywaul

apparently no one, and thank god for that!

Date: April 28, 2013 19:52

I know everyone says who cares if they are not sold out the stones get paid anyway, yes this is true but it is a big blow to the ego when they see a 20K ARENA WITH ONLY 12K inside of it money aside

Date: April 28, 2013 22:29

Grison
paulywaul

In December those were around 2'000 USD$. So yes Paulywaul like it or not, Prices have come down smiling bouncing smiley

They were ? Really ? Well I missed that. I paid USD$ 1300 or so for my Brooklyn ticket, which I thought was bad enough. But that was off a secondary site, namely STUBHUB. NOT Ticketmaster !!

But USD$ 1507 FACE VALUE ............ yikes !! That's another dimension altogether when it comes to "an expensive show ticket". Well there aren't going to be any takers here, not for that money. I never thought I'd hear myself say that, but enough is enough, I mean really !! I think they've kind of "lost the plot" to some extent, as we say on this side of the pond !!

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: April 28, 2013 22:41

And now they have to find a way to give lots of tickets away

Date: April 28, 2013 22:51

melillo
I know everyone says who cares if they are not sold out the stones get paid anyway, yes this is true but it is a big blow to the ego when they see a 20K ARENA WITH ONLY 12K inside of it money aside

They're not selling any seats behind the stage, so the capacity for these shows is really more like 15,000.

Posted by: admorgan ()
Date: April 28, 2013 23:14

tatters
melillo

They're not selling any seats behind the stage, so the capacity for these shows is really more like 15,000.

No floor seats or pit for hockey or basketball so it's higher than 15,000

Date: April 28, 2013 23:15

still not sold out. I mean cmon the stones used to be able to sell out 90k stadiums with people wanting more now a hockey arena is giving them trouble

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-28 23:17 by melillo.

Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: April 28, 2013 23:18

Not only is it not sold out but the same seats keep coming up day after day....

Posted by: Andrew ()
Date: April 29, 2013 08:27

So I waited for the ticket drop and this past Wednesday I pulled section 113 row 9 for the Chicago 31st show. I checked Ticketmaster a couple of times and there were two seats side by side in the $600 range. These must have been in the gold, silver or other "package" seats that did not sell. I only needed one and my stash of Ticketmaster gift cards brought my price down considerably, so I bought a single. So I have my days off work, plane ticket paid for and I am ready for the rock show.

I was understandably excited about my purchase until Friday night, when on a whim I checked to see what popped up and lo and behold section 113 row 3 with the same two seat numbers as Wednesday. I am a self admitted seat snob and Ticketmaster has a "Fan Guarantee" so I called customer service to see what they could do for me. This "Fan Guarantee" varies from venue to venue and basically states that you can cancel your tickets within 3 days of purchase or if you find seats that are more desirable in the same or greater price range they will switch them for no additional fees (higher priced seats obviously cost more). This deal is ONLY good up to one week before the date of the show. The first customer service guy didn't seem too interested in helping me out. He basically told me "No, not at this venue/ not with this artist". So I called again and got another agent who was glad to help me out. She switched the row and seat without any issue and I was able to apply the same gift card credit to the order without ANY hassle at all!
She said that I would not be able to change this order again, but that is fine with me as I don't see the pit tickets dropping down to the $600 range.

So....don't settle for your previously purchased high priced seats if they are in the back of the arena. See what pops up and call Ticketmaster if you see something closer to the stage. If the agent doesn't want to help you, call again and try another agent. You should not have to sit in crappy seats just because you bought them on the first on sale or pre sale date. Don't give up, there are always great seats available and I don't think there is such a thing as a sold out show. If you are willing to go the extra mile and maybe pay a little bit more you can almost always get in to the show. Two of my buddies and I got in to a sold out Boston show at the Cotton Bowl back in the late 80's by paying a security guard $25 total to let us in through the beer garden service entrance. Also, I did a Starbucks run for Yo La Tengo at a sold out show at the Dallas Museum of Art a couple of years ago and I got to meet the band and got in for free. That is still one of my favorite rock stories.

See you at the rock show!

Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: April 29, 2013 08:31

Andrew
So I waited for the ticket drop and this past Wednesday I pulled section 113 row 9 for the Chicago 31st show. I checked Ticketmaster a couple of times and there were two seats side by side in the $600 range. These must have been in the gold, silver or other "package" seats that did not sell. I only needed one and my stash of Ticketmaster gift cards brought my price down considerably, so I bought a single. So I have my days off work, plane ticket paid for and I am ready for the rock show.

I was understandably excited about my purchase until Friday night, when on a whim I checked to see what popped up and lo and behold section 113 row 3 with the same two seat numbers as Wednesday. I am a self admitted seat snob and Ticketmaster has a "Fan Guarantee" so I called customer service to see what they could do for me. This "Fan Guarantee" varies from venue to venue and basically states that you can cancel your tickets within 3 days of purchase or if you find seats that are more desirable in the same or greater price range they will switch them for no additional fees (higher priced seats obviously cost more). This deal is ONLY good up to one week before the date of the show. The first customer service guy didn't seem too interested in helping me out. He basically told me "No, not at this venue/ not with this artist". So I called again and got another agent who was glad to help me out. She switched the row and seat without any issue and I was able to apply the same gift card credit to the order without ANY hassle at all!
She said that I would not be able to change this order again, but that is fine with me as I don't see the pit tickets dropping down to the $600 range.

So....don't settle for your previously purchased high priced seats if they are in the back of the arena. See what pops up and call Ticketmaster if you see something closer to the stage. If the agent doesn't want to help you, call again and try another agent. You should not have to sit in crappy seats just because you bought them on the first on sale or pre sale date. Don't give up, there are always great seats available and I don't think there is such a thing as a sold out show. If you are willing to go the extra mile and maybe pay a little bit more you can almost always get in to the show. Two of my buddies and I got in to a sold out Boston show at the Cotton Bowl back in the late 80's by paying a security guard $25 total to let us in through the beer garden service entrance. Also, I did a Starbucks run for Yo La Tengo at a sold out show at the Dallas Museum of Art a couple of years ago and I got to meet the band and got in for free. That is still one of my favorite rock stories.

See you at the rock show!

great advice. anyone who paid 600 bucks for a lower level seat at the back of the arena should be exchanging it for lower level side up close to the stage if this advice is true.

Posted by: Andrew ()
Date: April 29, 2013 08:35

I did the same thing for an Iron Maiden show this past summer in Dallas and was able to get a much better sight line.

Date: April 29, 2013 08:48

paulywaul
Grison
paulywaul

They were ? Really ? Well I missed that. I paid USD$ 1300 or so for my Brooklyn ticket, which I thought was bad enough. But that was off a secondary site, namely STUBHUB. NOT Ticketmaster !!

But USD$ 1507 FACE VALUE ............ yikes !! That's another dimension altogether when it comes to "an expensive show ticket". Well there aren't going to be any takers here, not for that money. I never thought I'd hear myself say that, but enough is enough, I mean really !! I think they've kind of "lost the plot" to some extent, as we say on this side of the pond !!

Look, there will be always people who pay that much. At least it gives you a chance for early entrance (if that works anyway) and you have some silly gadgets which I don't need. There are people who even saved up a lot to get such tickets and there are people who didn't and as BV said you can blame the whole world for your own frustration. Don't get me wrong, I do not support such high ticketprices that is clear. However I still think it's a fair chance for all to have either such a VIP thing (which isn't really is it?) or you pay a seat 600 bucks which is way on the outer level or you take the big chance with the 85$.
And I think it was a good choice to promote such tickets only via the rs.com as all the people who are fans got a chance to play around. It must have been a lot in here and other fansites who scored such tickets. And despite the fact the I played save and saved for this very last tour I am very very happy for everybody who scored such tickets. And by the way I will even congratulate him/her if he stands besides me with my expensive tickets.

Date: April 29, 2013 09:35

Grison
paulywaul
Grison
paulywaul

Look, there will be always people who pay that much. At least it gives you a chance for early entrance (if that works anyway) and you have some silly gadgets which I don't need. There are people who even saved up a lot to get such tickets and there are people who didn't and as BV said you can blame the whole world for your own frustration. Don't get me wrong, I do not support such high ticketprices that is clear. However I still think it's a fair chance for all to have either such a VIP thing (which isn't really is it?) or you pay a seat 600 bucks which is way on the outer level or you take the big chance with the 85$.
And I think it was a good choice to promote such tickets only via the rs.com as all the people who are fans got a chance to play around. It must have been a lot in here and other fansites who scored such tickets. And despite the fact the I played save and saved for this very last tour I am very very happy for everybody who scored such tickets. And by the way I will even congratulate him/her if he stands besides me with my expensive tickets.

I'm not "complaining", neither am I "criticizing". Don't misunderstand me. I'm just saying that $1500 is a very big FACE VALUE price for a Rolling Stones ticket in 2013, albeit in the very best spot in the house - the pit. And as much as I love them, and as much as a trip to the east cost of the States would be relatively inexpensive for me because I could say with a variety of friends and/or relatives and use Air Miles for the flight there and back, I would ONLY want to be in the pit - and I'm simply not going to cough up $1500 for the privilege. At $1500 a pop, they've priced me out, that's for sure.

I didn't even think about the $85 thing, because my understanding was that you only actually found out WHERE in the house you were sitting when you picked up your ticket at the venue, and I could just imagine my own reaction if I had ended up anywhere other than in the pit. BIG disappointment. So no thanks - too risky.

This time around I'll settle for both Hyde Park shows, that'll do me just fine. I was kind of lucky with ticket sales, managed to get Tier 1 for both dates, so ................. good times ahead. But only on THIS (the European) side of the Atlantic !!

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: April 29, 2013 15:03

Grison
paulywaul
Grison
paulywaul

Look, there will be always people who pay that much.

Yes but barely enough to fill half the place, which is the point of the thread.

Posted by: R ()
Date: April 29, 2013 15:50

AS PREDICTED....

... $450 seats for May 31 in Chicago have morphed into $250 overnight! I bought three this morning at center court, 2nd row of the third tier. These are far and away better than the single seat I struggled to get a few weeks ago.

Date: April 29, 2013 15:58

R
AS PREDICTED....

... $450 seats for May 31 in Chicago have morphed into $250 overnight! I bought three this morning at center court, 2nd row of the third tier. These are far and away better than the single seat I struggled to get a few weeks ago.

Magilla Gorrrilla For Sale!

Date: April 29, 2013 16:52

R
AS PREDICTED....

and so it begins.

Date: April 29, 2013 17:34

HOLY MOLY There is a boat load of tickets for the 1st LA show still available.

GEZZZZZZZZZZZ

Hey MICK....I wonder if you put on facebook that MISS YOU will not be in the set list

if tickets salse would get better!

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: April 29, 2013 17:41

jumpontopofmebaby
HOLY MOLY There is a boat load of tickets for the 1st LA show still available.

GEZZZZZZZZZZZ

Hey MICK....I wonder if you put on facebook that MISS YOU will not be in the set list

if tickets salse would get better!

Mmmmmmmmm I hate Miss You, but I love ticket salsa

Posted by: SWAYZ ()
Date: April 29, 2013 19:32

R
AS PREDICTED....

The 3rd tier(300 level) for Chicago was always $175-$250. There were no $450's up there. Only $450's for Chicago were the 200 rear club level(front club level was $600) and the side stage 100 level.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-29 19:33 by SWAYZ.

Date: April 29, 2013 21:05

And so it stays the same.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314...LastNext
Current Page: 9 of 30

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1496
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home