Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 30
Re: How are tickets sales doing in the US ?
Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: April 20, 2013 02:15

sonomastone
we got there late because the traffic was so bad, and missed living color. the whole dynamic just added to the atmosphere - such a rush/panic to get to our seats in time (8th row, sleeping out paid off), making our way through the crowds, finally seeing our seats, 10 minutes later continental drift starts and then Mick, Keith and the boys 15 feet away playing Start Me Up - in the same decade it had been released.

The night was priceless. A repeat 23 years later in the Vegas era at 30 times the price just doesn't seem worth it, I'd rather keep the memory.

Some memories are better left alone and not bother trying to re-experience it because you will only be disappointed. Doing it today will not measure up to the memory. I am not talking here about the current Stones tour. It is some other things I could re-live, that I could do again. But I prefer to savor the memory.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: April 20, 2013 02:59

andrewt
Hairball
sonomastone
can afford the $1500 pit tickets, but didn't buy them. It's just offensive and not worth it, no matter how much money you have.

Agree...very offensive.

Offensive and absurd.

My turn

Offensive and absurd and Obt...no....Stupi....no...reprehensible...yeah thats it!

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 20, 2013 03:34

Munichhilton
andrewt
Hairball
sonomastone
can afford the $1500 pit tickets, but didn't buy them. It's just offensive and not worth it, no matter how much money you have.

Agree...very offensive.

Offensive and absurd.

My turn

Offensive and absurd and Obt...no....Stupi....no...reprehensible...yeah thats it!

My turn again?

Offensive, absurd, reprehensible...and LUDICROUS!

Posted by: phd ()
Date: April 20, 2013 18:09

Can I venture this : Full capacity : 312,000 x 2/3 = 208,000 audience x 500 USD = 104 MUSD for the US. For UK : 130,000 x 200 USD = 26 MUSD. Which totals : 338,000 audience ( simply poor) for 130 MUSD ( quite rich). Is this really The Rolling Stones ?

Posted by: dhinkle555 ()
Date: April 20, 2013 18:23

The band doesn't care, they receive their guarantee from the promoter and the promoter is on the hook if the shows don't sell out. If tickets are reduced it is the promoter doing that.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: April 20, 2013 18:49

dhinkle555
The band doesn't care, they receive their guarantee from the promoter and the promoter is on the hook if the shows don't sell out. If tickets are reduced it is the promoter doing that.

They care if they're planning on doing any more shows after July (which I think they are), because they'll never again find another promoter who's fool enough to guarantee them $5 million per show.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-20 18:50 by tatters.

Date: April 20, 2013 19:12

The way out is Stadiums. 60,000 x 90 = 5.4 M€ = 7 MUSD.

Date: April 20, 2013 19:13

phd

It worked for U2.

Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: April 20, 2013 19:18

They deserve to play to half-empty arenas. Greedy @#$%&.

Date: April 20, 2013 19:29

tatters
phd

It worked for U2.
I suppose it can work for this band.

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: April 22, 2013 16:45

buffalo7478

Just now-- called up sec 108 row 17 for Toronto (I.e the best seats in the house) on Ticketmaster. Should give you an idea of what's still available.

I'm sure other cities are similar.
This tells you how weak demand really is.

It's quite sad, as a Stones fan, I should be over the moon at the chance to grab these seats, instead I shrug and move on.

If that's me (who's geeky enough to follow this board all the time) I'm sure other Stones fans are even less interested.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: April 22, 2013 17:23

dhinkle555

Right! I had forgotten they had given the "risk" card to the local promoters. Mick is some clever boy! >grinning smiley<
So a "buy two pay one" offer is to be expected days before showtime...

Posted by: Glammy ()
Date: April 22, 2013 17:25

I'm pretty sure they care if they have to play for a half filled stadium.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 22, 2013 17:30

andrewt
buffalo7478

Just now-- called up sec 108 row 17 for Toronto (I.e the best seats in the house) on Ticketmaster. Should give you an idea of what's still available.

I'm sure other cities are similar.
This tells you how weak demand really is.

It's quite sad, as a Stones fan, I should be over the moon at the chance to grab these seats, instead I shrug and move on.

If that's me (who's geeky enough to follow this board all the time) I'm sure other Stones fans are even less interested.

Nail on the head...

Date: April 22, 2013 17:35

By charging scalpers prices, they've not only ensured that scalpers want nothing to do with these tickets, they've ensured that most of their fans want nothing to do with them either. Well done, boys!

Posted by: R ()
Date: April 22, 2013 17:36

jammingedward
Not one US arena show is sold out at 18-20000 tickets because most are way overpriced at $600.

The numbers speak for themselves, and I think both the band and promoters may have overestimated the amount of people willing to pay $600 for what is generally considered a regular seat.

The $600 seats end at about center-court. Everything on the floor and lower bowl from midway to the stage is, FOR THE TIME BEING, being sold as Silver, Gold and so-called Hospitality Packages beginning at $900. Newark and Brooklyn were the same way and extras were plentiful on the net and among the brokers. I know I took a bath on a pair for Newark.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: April 22, 2013 17:41

I've just had another look for Toronto and the prices just make me shudder, really they do. The $85 ticket would've been an option, but I'm guessing they sold-out pretty damn quick.

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: April 22, 2013 17:48

I have a feeling that more (even more than 1.000/concert) 85$ tickets will become available in the (likely) event that they won't sell all those 600$ tickets. Clever way to dump tickets without causing a riot by those who paid 600$. They'll just say that they are the lucky winners of the 85$ tickets.

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: April 22, 2013 18:01

Flying out of Europe I wanted to be on the very safe side this time, even though I agree with most of you that tickets are out of price. Then again I am pretty sure that they will sell out in one way or the other before the shows. I think it is also a good option that one does not have to decide half a year in advance whether to spend 600 bucks or not. And I am still very confident that by the time the dates get even closer you will have a scale down price at first on the secondary market and then they might choose to change the 600 to 400 or so.
I know I paid to much and I fully understand those who rather stop that market and don't go and remember the good old days. But 2012 was such a blast and worth every single penny that I just couldn't resist.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: April 22, 2013 18:15

sales are strong

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 22, 2013 18:29

TheGreek
sales are strong

as is love

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: April 22, 2013 18:40

They have 1000 tickets for each show, sold at $85, that they can use to paper the unsold 600's. Ten of the 1000 will be in the pit, the rest will be unsold 600's.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: April 22, 2013 18:53

In 1990 they earned 1 million Deutschmarks (500.000 €) per stadium show.
THAT was a lot of money then.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: April 22, 2013 19:10

treaclefingers
TheGreek
sales are strong

as is love
you know what i am talking about

Date: April 22, 2013 19:18

TooTough
In 1990 they earned 1 million Deutschmarks (500.000 €) per stadium show.
THAT was a lot of money then.
That was already in 1982 sorry man :-=

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: April 22, 2013 19:25

So Grison, that means we will miss you in L. A.?sad smiley

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: April 22, 2013 20:02

tatters
By charging scalpers prices, they've not only ensured that scalpers want nothing to do with these tickets, they've ensured that most of their fans want nothing to do with them either. Well done, boys!

Are you implying parasitism (aka "scalping" ) is a part of the rock show biz?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-22 20:03 by dcba.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: April 22, 2013 20:03

Boston tongue pit available 2 minutes ago.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-22 20:03 by TooTough.

Date: April 22, 2013 20:16

BluzDude
So Grison, that means we will miss you in L. A.?sad smiley
yep. as other ones my Holidays are limited and I couldn't just pick a date which was not secure. Unfortunately we fly out on the 20th cool smiley

Posted by: oldschool ()
Date: April 22, 2013 21:23

Rokyfan
They have 1000 tickets for each show, sold at $85, that they can use to paper the unsold 600's. Ten of the 1000 will be in the pit, the rest will be unsold 600's.

I have $85 tickets to both Boston shows and hope you are correct my friend. Would love to sit in some prime seats for that price

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 30

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2002
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home