Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 30
Re: High Priced Tickets not Selling
Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: April 17, 2013 02:49

stonehearted
Hairball
Max'sKansasCity
Many parts of a pine tree are eatable... errrr... edible.

I think you're now referring to Euell Gibbons...spokesman for Grape Nuts! smiling smiley

Ever see this Euell Gibbons parody from the Carol Burnett show, with John Byner as EG [at 4:04]?

"Ever try eatin' some pebbles?.... And occasionally, I make a meal out of a birch table."

There was also one year a Euell Gibbons parody with Tim Conway, where he shows up at someone's house and starts devouring all the nature-derived items.

"I'm gonna eat your garage!...."

LMAO.... Those really were the days.

Posted by: backstreetboy1 ()
Date: April 17, 2013 02:54

they can shove em.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: April 17, 2013 02:56

backstreetboy1
they can shove em.

Into the hands of wildly rich people?
Is that what you mean?

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 17, 2013 03:40

GRNRBITW
Max'sKansasCity
maybe they could play Obama....

the feeling's mutual

You mean, like, at the Whitehouse?

Posted by: PaintitBlue ()
Date: April 17, 2013 03:41

Has anyone thought...even for a minute...that the stones have simply found a good way to stick it to the scalpers, while putting fans in the seats. They charge exorbitant prices for the "best" seats and also some not so great seats that the scalpers are reluctant to pick up as they are ALREADY overpriced. Or if they do pick them up a lot of them take a bath in the end...Then they come in with the surprise "$85 tickets" with the restrictions in place so the scalpers will stay away...or at least think twice about trying to snap them up. They then make it extremely difficult for anyone not paying attention to actually get into a queue to buy these tickets, ensuring the facebook fans and rollingstones.com fans have the "path to the tickets" while those going to ticketmaster.com see the regular priced ones. These $85 tickets mostly, if not all, go to the fans. Then the piece de resistance...those fans who want to pay the $600 to ensure they know where they are sitting (in a half decent spot) can easily do so based on whats still available...anything not sold goes to the $85 pile...which in my mind is most likely more than 1000 per show...I in fact believe they knew there would be more than 1000 going out. They will release them in drabs and there will prob be a flood of them in the couple days before each show. I think there is a method to the madness...and I like it...like it...yes I do.

Date: April 17, 2013 03:43

PaintitBlue
Has anyone thought...even for a minute...that the stones have simply found a good way to stick it to the scalpers, while putting fans in the seats. They charge exorbitant prices for the "best" seats and also some not so great seats that the scalpers are reluctant to pick up as they are ALREADY overpriced. Or if they do pick them up a lot of them take a bath in the end...Then they come in with the surprise "$85 tickets" with the restrictions in place so the scalpers will stay away...or at least think twice about trying to snap them up. They then make it extremely difficult for anyone not paying attention to actually get into a queue to buy these tickets, ensuring the facebook fans and rollingstones.com fans have the "path to the tickets" while those going to ticketmaster.com see the regular priced ones. These $85 tickets mostly, if not all, go to the fans. Then the piece de resistance...those fans who want to pay the $600 to ensure they know where they are sitting (in a half decent spot) can easily do so based on whats still available...anything not sold goes to the $85 pile...which in my mind is most likely more than 1000 per show...I in fact believe they knew there would be more than 1000 going out. They will release them in drabs and there will prob be a flood of them in the couple days before each show. I think there is a method to the madness...and I like it...like it...yes I do.

they are freakin' diabolical!

Sympathy for the Devil indeed!

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: April 17, 2013 10:21

Eventually they will be all sold out - somehow. I totally agree that for nosebleed seats a 600 to 700 $ Ticket is way out of range. At the end you can gamble on the 85$ or go for the safety seat. I think this is by far very fair. If you intend to spoil yourself go for the VIP thing. I assume Vegas will be sold out in no time. Once the tax year is done (end of April for US) they will go for tickets even if they are higher priced.
For sure secondary market will drop like in November and December.

Posted by: rebelrebel ()
Date: April 17, 2013 11:05

rambler44

No other Artist does this. Springsteen charges $100-$125 for his shows,plays 35 songs a night and digs very deep in his catalogue. Even McCartney's top ticket was $250 and again 35 song set with liberal mix of big hits and rarities.

On the other hand they are solo artists so keep most of the money where there are four Stones to be paid. On that basis Bruce would be $500 and McCartney $1,000.

Don't get me wrong, I'd rather pay less too.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: April 17, 2013 13:30

High Priced Tickets not Selling

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: April 17, 2013 15:02

rebelrebel
rambler44

No other Artist does this. Springsteen charges $100-$125 for his shows,plays 35 songs a night and digs very deep in his catalogue. Even McCartney's top ticket was $250 and again 35 song set with liberal mix of big hits and rarities.

On the other hand they are solo artists so keep most of the money where there are four Stones to be paid. On that basis Bruce would be $500 and McCartney $1,000.

If I have got it right the Stones are a democratic band, that is: each one gets 25% of their cake.

In a just world where the actual job is credited by amount of work and quality of it, I would divide it this way:

Jagger 60%
Watts 30%
Richards 5%
Wood 5%

The point is: it is unjust since Jagger and Watts need to work much harder to get their equal share of the cake. Especially Jagger is going cheap, while Keith and Ronnie have a damn great deal... London School of Economics, my ass...

smoking smiley

- Doxa

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-17 15:06 by Doxa.

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: April 17, 2013 15:13

It's maybe a wake-up call for the Stones...on the other hand...they live in a different world than we do

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: April 17, 2013 15:44

Part of the reason is surely the fact that many of us are opting for the 85 USD seats. I had great 600 dollar seats for LA on May 2, but when my sister got the cheap seats, I sold them On Stubhub. they sold immediately - i guess most of the remaining seats are far from the stage for high prices. The desirable seats seem to sell.

Date: April 17, 2013 16:19

Doxa
Especially Jagger is going cheap, while Keith and Ronnie have a damn great deal... London School of Economics, my ass...

smoking smiley

- Doxa

So you're saying that whole 1988 musical journey with Jimmy Rip on guitars dripping in chorus and Ibanez tone was all Jagger needs to succeed?

Date: April 17, 2013 16:22

Doxa
rebelrebel
rambler44

If I have got it right the Stones are a democratic band, that is: each one gets 25% of their cake.

In a just world where the actual job is credited by amount of work and quality of it, I would divide it this way:

Jagger 60%
Watts 30%
Richards 5%
Wood 5%

The point is: it is unjust since Jagger and Watts need to work much harder to get their equal share of the cake. Especially Jagger is going cheap, while Keith and Ronnie have a damn great deal... London School of Economics, my ass...

smoking smiley

- Doxa

Exactly right. Mick is irreplaceable, and as much as everyone on this board would hate it, 'the Rolling Stones' could tour without any single of the other members, but without Mick no way.

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: April 17, 2013 16:28

What do they care if the tickets sell or not? The promoter is the one taking the risk. the band gets paid whether anyone buys a seat or not.

Date: April 17, 2013 16:33

treaclefingers
Exactly right. Mick is irreplaceable, and as much as everyone on this board would hate it, 'the Rolling Stones' could tour without any single of the other members, but without Mick no way.

The Canadian public school system has really let you down...

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: April 17, 2013 16:33

Send It To me
What do they care if the tickets sell or not? The promoter is the one taking the risk. the band gets paid whether anyone buys a seat or not.

If the promoter gets stuck with a load of unsold tickets that they suddenly have to unload at the last minute for $85, they're going to take a bath, and it will be impossible for the Stones to find another promoter that will let them get away with charging these prices ever again.

Date: April 17, 2013 16:35

tatters
Send It To me

If the promoter gets stuck with a load of unsold tickets that they suddenly have to unload at the last minute for $85, they're going to take a bath, and it will be impossible for the Stones to find another promoter that will let them get away with charging these prices ever again.

But what about their fragile egos? We have to pay for that y'know...

Date: April 17, 2013 17:39

Munichhilton
treaclefingers

The Canadian public school system has really let you down...

Not really...it's about managing expectations.

I set my sights really low.

Posted by: R ()
Date: April 17, 2013 18:00

If you've noticed the $600 seats end at about center court. Everything from there to the stage is Silver, Gold or Hospitality costing $1,000 and up. If these onsales follow the pattern of Newark and Brooklyn, a lot of $450 seats are going to morph into $250 seats and $600 to $450. You couldn't give away an extra after the Brooklyn show was added. I know. I tried.

Date: April 17, 2013 18:03

R
If you've noticed the $600 seats end at about center court. Everything from there to the stage is Silver, Gold or Hospitality costing $1,000 and up. If these onsales follow the pattern of Newark and Brooklyn, a lot of $450 seats are going to morph into $250 seats and $600 to $450. You couldn't give away an extra after the Brooklyn show was added. I know. I tried.

I'll take it...

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: April 17, 2013 18:04

tatters
Send It To me

Oh boy. Its a good thing they aren't 70 and they need to worry about finding a promoter for future tours. Honestly, that'd be perfect for them. They charge insane prices. If it works, great. If it doesn't, they are screwed in terms of ever charging that much again, but they still get paid. And most likely they won't be touring much longer so even if this tour ruins their chances of getting a promoter again, its not like they realistically needed to worry about keeping their options open.

Posted by: daytime ()
Date: April 17, 2013 19:40

Maybe if they dont sell the high price seats day of show maybe they will be reduced to low prices,

Posted by: reg thorpe ()
Date: April 17, 2013 19:59

daytime
Maybe if they dont sell the high price seats day of show maybe they will be reduced to low prices,

I think not

Posted by: rambler44 ()
Date: April 17, 2013 20:04

Exactly right. Mick is irreplaceable, and as much as everyone on this board would hate it, 'the Rolling Stones' could tour without any single of the other members, but without Mick no way.[/quote]

This is a ludicrous statement. Have you happened to notice the THREE constants in this band while others come and go??? The Rolling Stones are: Jagger, Richards, & Watts. They are ALL irreplaceable and the Stones could not tour as the Stones without any one of them.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: April 17, 2013 20:24

R

If you look at the Staples map, I think it's already beginning to happen It looks like some of the $600s have turned into $450s

Posted by: PeanutGallery ()
Date: April 17, 2013 21:18

Already past — it was April 15th, rather than the end of the month.

Peanut
PeanutGallery

Grison
Eventually they will be all sold out - somehow. I totally agree that for nosebleed seats a 600 to 700 $ Ticket is way out of range. At the end you can gamble on the 85$ or go for the safety seat. I think this is by far very fair. If you intend to spoil yourself go for the VIP thing. I assume Vegas will be sold out in no time. Once the tax year is done (end of April for US) they will go for tickets even if they are higher priced.

Posted by: camper88 ()
Date: April 17, 2013 21:20

I can attest to this issue. I've got two Mouth Pit tix for the 2nd Toronto show that I've been trying to sell for face and there are no buyers.

I can't complain, I hit the "pay now" button. But it is interesting that the prices are at the edge of reason . . . or just a bit beyond.

On the internet nobody knows
you're Mick Jagger

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: April 17, 2013 21:28

camper88
I can attest to this issue. I've got two Mouth Pit tix for the 2nd Toronto show that I've been trying to sell for face and there are no buyers.

I can't complain, I hit the "pay now" button. But it is interesting that the prices are at the edge of reason . . . or just a bit beyond.

But then you bought the VIP Package or what?

I know that prices also tumbled in November and December on secondary markets and after London I was very much attempted to fly to NY for one of the concerts as the Pit went way below $1000.

However depending on what you want and how far you travel I did not want to take any risk and booked the tickets before the flights. Then again the flight prices out of Switzeland hit me harder than the ticket prices. It all depends.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: April 17, 2013 21:47

PeanutGallery
Already past — it was April 15th, rather than the end of the month.

Peanut
PeanutGallery

Grison

Yes, but refunds aren't mailed until mid-May or so, if you've waited till April 15th to file.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 30

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1380
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home