Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112...LastNext
Current Page: 7 of 30
Re: Tickets at all prices available for LA shows
Posted by: Grison ()
Date: April 24, 2013 11:54

gwen
$85 tix for Staples, May 3, are available. I just scored a pair.

Edit: the link is [tickets.axs.com]

congrats. Would have been able to score also a pair, but won't arrive in California before May 4th.

Posted by: 69firebird ()
Date: April 24, 2013 12:41

Gwen
Thanks so much for the info for the $85 tickets!
I just got a pair for LA May 3rd! I'll get you a drink for sure!

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: April 24, 2013 13:06

Keep an eye on tickes for this date. As I recall, Ticketmaster is extremely good about taking back tickets if a date or time change results - that could be the reason for the availability of $85 tickets.

Posted by: TMONTANA ()
Date: April 24, 2013 16:31

This is greats news,hopefully they will play to a half empty place,although it won't matter to them money wise since they already got paid,but maybe their egos will be slightly bruised,greedy bastards....

Re: High Priced Tickets not Selling
Posted by: James Kirk ()
Date: April 24, 2013 16:55

The greedy bastards deserve to play to half empty venues. There is NO EXCUSE for the outrageous ticket prices. For those of you who feel the need to defend ticket prices at this level, please stop drinking the Kool Aid. You are making yourself sound foolish.

Posted by: steverogan ()
Date: April 24, 2013 17:22

James Kirk
The greedy bastards deserve to play to half empty venues. There is NO EXCUSE for the outrageous ticket prices. For those of you who feel the need to defend ticket prices at this level, please stop drinking the Kool Aid. You are making yourself sound foolish.

I got lucky: got a pair of $85 tix for Boston. It was the only way I was going to see them this time. Ticket prices are outrageous. It will be interesting to see how empty some of the venues are. I went to the AC show a few years back and saw rows of empty seats... i am sure it will be the same this time...

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: April 24, 2013 17:47

Are you using your extra seat for Boston, STEVEROGAN? It never hurts to ask?cool smiley

Date: April 24, 2013 22:10

mickschix
Are you using your extra seat for Boston, STEVEROGAN? It never hurts to ask?cool smiley

Hi mickschix, yes, my wife and I are going.. I truly am sorry.. good luck in getting to a show, I wish you well.

Date: April 24, 2013 23:39

Thanks anyway, my dear Steverogan! winking smiley I'll keep trying!

Date: April 25, 2013 00:35

I just pulled up a Floor Sec A row 11 and quickly tossed it back but it goes to show, these expensive seats are just sitting there! I'm hoping that they are still available in June...for a lot LESS!

Date: April 25, 2013 00:50

mickschix
Thanks anyway, my dear Steverogan! winking smiley I'll keep trying!

good luck to you... I sincerely hope you get to go to a show at a decent price.
best, Steve

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: April 25, 2013 01:07

If they never even offered the $85 deal, I wonder how many of us would have bitten the $600 ticket.

I admit there is a good chance I would have.

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: April 25, 2013 01:59

How the mighty have fallen,2 weeks from the start of the tour,and tickets are plentiful for all shows....Their greed overrode their common sense....smoking smiley

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: April 25, 2013 03:25

thumbs up
ROPENI
How the mighty have fallen,2 weeks from the start of the tour,and tickets are plentiful for all shows....Their greed overrode their common sense....smoking smiley

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: April 25, 2013 03:26

I will be watching this tour on youtube, clips will be widely available I suspect

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: April 25, 2013 03:32

rcknroll

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-25 07:56 by Title5Take1.

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: April 25, 2013 03:36

melillo
I will be watching this tour on youtube, clips will be widely available I suspect
Of course, during the London shows folks were uploading videos as they played,buy a six pack,and enjoy it, without having to mortgage the house and the kids college fund...smileys with beer

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: April 25, 2013 10:31

BluzDude
If they never even offered the $85 deal, I wonder how many of us would have bitten the $600 ticket.

Not me.. $85/ticket x 16 shows =$1360, still cheaper than a single pit ticket. The prices are insane. I love their music but not to the point of lunacy.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 25, 2013 11:46

flacnvinyl
BluzDude

Not me.. $85/ticket x 16 shows =$1360, still cheaper than a single pit ticket. The prices are insane. I love their music but not to the point of lunacy.

Same here...no way was I spending over $600 for a single ticket.

Prior to the $85 ticket announcement, I was hesitantly willing to buy the cheaper seats just to be there and it probably would have been for just one show.
With that said, I was disillusioned and pissed off at the thought of getting shitty seats at the $150-$250 price range.

As it stands now, I have 8 tickets for 4 shows at a total cost of approximately $680.
If the seats are shitty I can't complain, and if they're great seats I'll consider it a miracle.
Either way, it's a win-win situation.

Posted by: tnhybrid ()
Date: April 25, 2013 12:13

FWIW (and after reading a slew of messages saying tix availability is improving), thought I'd try what's coming up for Anaheim on the 15th - and it's sold out, apparently. Maybe the one show that is?

Tickets are currently not available online for one of the following reasons. Please check back for availability.

Tickets may not be on sale yet
Tickets may not be available at this time. More tickets may become available later
Tickets may not be available online just hours before an event occurs
On rare occasions, tickets may only be available at ticket outlets or the box office

Hm...OTOH: just checked the 18th for kicks and it said 'system unavailable due to routine maintenance'... so maybe that's it...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-25 12:16 by tnhybrid.

Date: April 25, 2013 20:25

Just checked Chicago 3rd show on Ticket Master

WOW

Section 3 Row 11 and Section 113 Row 11 still available.

They should have never done the 3rd show.

United Center gonna be a ghost town if things don't change.

Really really has me wishing I did not get tickets for this show. Don't want to see a show where the Arena is not full. And at this point there will have to be some kind of marketing scheme to dump the rest of the tickets. And the problem I have with that. Prob not Stones Fans. And we get a half hearted show from the boys.

Date: April 25, 2013 20:28

If things don't get better I guess they could always add a warm up act.

Not even sure that would help.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: April 25, 2013 20:31

tnhybrid
FWIW (and after reading a slew of messages saying tix availability is improving), thought I'd try what's coming up for Anaheim on the 15th - and it's sold out, apparently. Maybe the one show that is?

Tickets are currently not available online for one of the following reasons. Please check back for availability.

Tickets may not be on sale yet
Tickets may not be available at this time. More tickets may become available later
Tickets may not be available online just hours before an event occurs
On rare occasions, tickets may only be available at ticket outlets or the box office

Hm...OTOH: just checked the 18th for kicks and it said 'system unavailable due to routine maintenance'... so maybe that's it...

Last night I checked for a single ticket for the 18th....came up with Floor section 105 (center front w/ seats) Row 10. No, I didn't buy it.

I am satisfied with 2 (maybe 3) shows at $85

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: April 25, 2013 20:44

I scored Sec 1 Row 11 for the 1st Chicago show this morning. It's a bust. If AEG can't make it work, this is the last ever tour . Priced themselves out of the game.

sc uk

Posted by: tnhybrid ()
Date: April 25, 2013 21:22

yup. Just looked again and it must have been the system maintenance. Also found one in the 10th row - problem is, I already have one of the $450 ones in 119 at side stage, and no way I'd be able to unload it for anywhere near what I paid. Sigh.

That being said, if I keep checking and get one of the front rows for the $600 level - I'll be sorely tempted, tho this is getting comical (I already have an $85 dollar pair.) It's just this may be my one shot and I don't want to regret not having made the most of it. Will be looking with interest into where people wind up with these $85 seats....

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 25, 2013 21:25

jumpontopofmebaby
If things don't get better I guess they could always add a warm up act.

Not even sure that would help.

Maybe Paul McCartney or U2 as the warm up...that might help.

Date: April 25, 2013 21:30

Ok maybe Bono and Edge as guest. That might work. Chicago loves U2!

Refund the 3rd show!

Call it off!!!!!!

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: April 25, 2013 21:31

I just posted this in the $85 ticket thread but figured it might go well here as well...

Forgive my bad MSPaint skills. Here is a comparison that might be a bad indicator for us common folks.. If anyone grabbed tickets for the Staples Center show, and was able to see the map before today, please shed some insight. Have those pink sections always been on the map or was the top deck all red and blue prior to the $85 tickets being released?

Posted by: Turning To Gold ()
Date: April 25, 2013 21:59

I definitely noticed something was up, in certain home made Youtube videos from the parts of the Bigger Bang tour --there were one or two videos out there, that were daytime/midnight sun type places, daylight or twilight shows, where you could see the crowd -- packed on the sides and back, but rather sparse on the ground level in the floor seats. I wish I could remember which show or shows it was, I want to say it was Europe, it was definitely somewhere after the horrible blizzard of Chicago.... But I know that I definitely saw this amateur phone type video on Youtube from Bigger Bang, probably that last European leg, and the emtpiness of the floor was very striking and obvious compared to the side seats -- that these people in this market (where ever it was), they can't really afford this.

Posted by: bam ()
Date: April 25, 2013 22:53

Just looked at Boston show on June 12th. Row 11, floor Section C, available for just $625.75. Guess those hospitality packages just didn't sell. They're going to have to cut prices a bunch more.

AEG, or someone will be taking a bath.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112...LastNext
Current Page: 7 of 30

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2665
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home