Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 30
Re: High Priced Tickets not Selling
Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: April 23, 2013 18:16

Although the pit package at $1500 is brutal, if you have the cash, and you regard being in the front row at an arena show as priceless, there is at least an argument that you are getting decent value. But those other packages with floor and stand seats are robbery. I think there is a good chance those tickets make it back onto ticket master as $600 seats (or even $85?). Keep waiting.

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: April 23, 2013 18:47

Macca is playing 2 shows at Barclay's and his top price (not incuding Premium deals) is $350. General on-sale was yesterday and apparently it is already very difficult to pull one up. Still, if you check the boards on his site, his fans are very ticked off at being "priced out". I guess everything is relative. There are also almost 4000 tickets for each show on stubhub. Curious to see how they sell.

Posted by: clance65 ()
Date: April 23, 2013 19:18

andrewt
Primo floors (row 17 seat 3-4) still available today for the tour opener at the Staples.

Problem with those, is that they're 17 rows from the tongue ramp and not the stage. Lower level, elevated and angled to stage are much, much better.

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: April 23, 2013 19:23

clance65
andrewt
Primo floors (row 17 seat 3-4) still available today for the tour opener at the Staples.

Problem with those, is that they're 17 rows from the tongue ramp and not the stage. Lower level, elevated and angled to stage are much, much better.
This depends on how the seating is made up. In London we had row 6 which was right at the tongue as row 5 to 1 was only a few seats on the sides of the tongue.The actually rows right in front of the tongue had been 8 or 9 as far as I can remember. But you're right yu're still away from the main stage.

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: April 23, 2013 19:27

bleedingman
Macca is playing 2 shows at Barclay's and his top price (not incuding Premium deals) is $350. General on-sale was yesterday and apparently it is already very difficult to pull one up. Still, if you check the boards on his site, his fans are very ticked off at being "priced out". I guess everything is relative. There are also almost 4000 tickets for each show on stubhub. Curious to see how they sell.

350 $ by 4 would be ??? Everybody can Count. So the Stones are rather low priced smiling bouncing smiley if we don't take all that to serious. 4000 Tickets on stubhub is a lot because most of the Stones Show are less than 2500 on Stubhub. But remember a lot of These tickets are not even in the Hand or confirmed, except the ones which they know the seller which is mediocre amount. We had that discussion already last year.

Oh and by the way I just saw that the front row ticket is also 2000$ for Sir Paul. And that is even without bar or Food. Shame on Little Paultongue sticking out smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-23 20:09 by Grison.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: April 24, 2013 00:41

Still hoping to buy someone's extra $85 seat for Boston, June 12th. Thank you in advance for any help you might be able to lend.cool smileywinking smiley

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: April 24, 2013 01:59

so what kind of seats do you get for $85? do you get to stand outside the arena and press a glass against the wall?

Posted by: TMONTANA ()
Date: April 24, 2013 02:14

melillo
so what kind of seats do you get for $85? do you get to stand outside the arena and press a glass against the wall?
Probably...smiling smiley

Posted by: Alfonz ()
Date: April 24, 2013 02:35

For those people mentioning McCartney, for the Austin show the options include:

Front row package - $2000
Hot sound package - $1500 (Rows 3-6, plus a load of junk)
Gold hot ticket - $680 (a $277 ticket plus some crap $5 merchandise item)
Silver hot ticket - $475 (a $167 ticket plus some crap $5 merchandise item)

I tried instantly to get a $277 ticket ... but the best I could pull up were lower bowl towards the back corner of the floor. Now I can't get any for $277.

I can still get a Row 3 ticket if I pay $1500, I can still get a Row 10 ticket if I pay $680. So all the good seats are allocated to packages that aren't dissimilar to the Stones. While the face value prices seem cheaper than the Stones, and you can get in the rafters for $50, I don't think McCartney is some beacon of cheap prices.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: April 24, 2013 02:36

melillo

Yes. Just like in the Foreigner song. You put your ear to the wall and like a distant scream hear one guitar just blow you away.

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: April 24, 2013 02:48

clance65
andrewt

I hear ya about the sight lines but it's indicative that they've haven't even sold the front half of the arena.

Posted by: James Kirk ()
Date: April 24, 2013 04:19

drbryant
Although the pit package at $1500 is brutal, if you have the cash, and you regard being in the front row at an arena show as priceless, there is at least an argument that you are getting decent value. But those other packages with floor and stand seats are robbery. I think there is a good chance those tickets make it back onto ticket master as $600 seats (or even $85?). Keep waiting.

Yeah, but the issue isn't paying a premium for front row seats. Thats understable given the iconic status of the Rolling Stones. The reason why people are so outraged is that they are charging $615 for seats literally at the opposite end of the arena. I paid $65 for the same exact seats for Bruce Springsteen. I can afford it, but there is no way in hell I am going to spend almost $1,300 on two seats a hockey arena away.

The Stones have finally priced themselves out of the market. No doubt there wont be an empty sear in the arenas, but the Stones are going to have to paper the arenas and offer big corporations discounts to do it...They can go to hell at these prices. When did the Stones become the least cool band in the world?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-24 04:20 by James Kirk.

Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: April 24, 2013 04:22

James Kirk
drbryant
. When did the Stones become the least cool band in the world?

Around the time Keith quit Anita.

Posted by: ifyacantrockme ()
Date: April 24, 2013 04:55

I agree James Kirk, they have outpriced their fans finally. You really have to be a corporate head to even think about seeing this band and there very well may be a lot of empty seats. But I'll be darned if I spend $600 for a seat at the other end of the joint, and pay for hotel and transportation to get the gig. Fuh-get that mess.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: April 24, 2013 09:43

There won't be empty seats. It'll be like the first night at the O2 in November, when the scalpers were charging ridiculous prices and just not shifting tickets--then at the last minute prices were dropping like a stone just to get the seats sold.

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: April 24, 2013 14:43

The reason I mentioned McCartney is because, unlike the Stones, he is in fact apparently selling out his shows. Those $2000 front row packages are all front row seats (no dinner) and only on stage right and stage left (no center). So it's a limited quantity and they appear to be gone. The $1500 packages are similar to the Pit but it's assigned seating. And, yes, there is only 1 of him and 4 of the Stones but I think people pay for the act itself. The shows (at Barclay's) are still over a month away and no doubt tickets will start miraculously appearing as the show gets closer (much as they did for the Stones at the same venue). The fact that there are close to 8000 tickets available on Stubhub is indicative of the fact that people bought tickets as an "investment" and may end up taking a bath.

I also stated that McCartney's fans are pitching a bitch about HIS prices being too high. I paid $500 to see the Stones at Barclay's and would probably spring for the Pit, should they play there again. I'm also seeing McCartney. To each his own. You only live once.

How are tickets sales doing in the US ?
Posted by: phd ()
Date: April 20, 2013 00:15

I went thru Ticketmasters, and I have a vague impression that there are still plenty of tickets available. Am I wrong ?

Re: How are tickets sales doing in the US ?
Date: April 20, 2013 00:19

Not sure about the other dates but the third Chicago has a boat load of tickets left.

Am wondering if they will sell many more.

Not really looking forward to attending a show that is 1/2 empty.

Remember the Bigger Bang victory lap that came back to Soldier Field.

That show sold less than 1/2 the seats.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: April 20, 2013 00:19

They're ok. Tickets are still readily available to those that are rich. The cheaper seats, and by that I mean the ones under $300, pretty much sold out.

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: April 20, 2013 00:20

There won't be any empty seat in the house come showtime, guaranteed.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: April 20, 2013 00:48

Yes, they may sell out but for less than face value! I know because I waited until the day before the Dec 8th show and found 2 excellent seats for 25% less than face value. ( not sure about that percentage....I paid $625 for my seat that sold for way over $700...folks sitting next to me paid a lot more than that). I won't be paying that for this round.

Date: April 20, 2013 01:33

There are lots of tickets. It's got to be a huge slap in the face to the band and the promotors. I remember in 89 being amazed at how quickly they could sell stadiums out, multiples nights in the same city sold out over night or a few days. And that was 1989! We slept out for tickets and a bum walked by us in the middle of the night and said "I saw them in '72 and they were already over the hill!". Even in that atmosphere they could sell out stadiums instantly.

I'm in SF, CA and it's incredible to me to see that for a city that loves music - and has lots of very wealthy people - they haven't been able to sell out the Oracle Arena for one night. I'm happy to spend money on my Stones fascination - buying memorabelia from tours past and such - and can afford the $1500 pit tickets, but didn't buy them. It's just offensive and not worth it, no matter how much money you have. I'd rather give the money to charity or use it for a trip to somewhere interesting.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: April 20, 2013 01:39

But they WILL sell out all the shows. Not selling out instantly doesn't mean not selling out.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 20, 2013 01:45

sonomastone
can afford the $1500 pit tickets, but didn't buy them. It's just offensive and not worth it, no matter how much money you have.

Agree...very offensive.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: April 20, 2013 01:51

sonomastone
There are lots of tickets. It's got to be a huge slap in the face to the band and the promotors. I remember in 89 being amazed at how quickly they could sell stadiums out, multiples nights in the same city sold out over night or a few days. And that was 1989! We slept out for tickets and a bum walked by us in the middle of the night and said "I saw them in '72 and they were already over the hill!". Even in that atmosphere they could sell out stadiums instantly.

I'm in SF, CA and it's incredible to me to see that for a city that loves music - and has lots of very wealthy people - they haven't been able to sell out the Oracle Arena for one night. I'm happy to spend money on my Stones fascination - buying memorabelia from tours past and such - and can afford the $1500 pit tickets, but didn't buy them. It's just offensive and not worth it, no matter how much money you have. I'd rather give the money to charity or use it for a trip to somewhere interesting.

'89 right after the earthquake

I was there...very reasonably priced and Living Colour sounded AWFUL...Stop the noise!!!

Date: April 20, 2013 01:54

we got there late because the traffic was so bad, and missed living color. the whole dynamic just added to the atmosphere - such a rush/panic to get to our seats in time (8th row, sleeping out paid off), making our way through the crowds, finally seeing our seats, 10 minutes later continental drift starts and then Mick, Keith and the boys 15 feet away playing Start Me Up - in the same decade it had been released.

The night was priceless. A repeat 23 years later in the Vegas era at 30 times the price just doesn't seem worth it, I'd rather keep the memory.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: April 20, 2013 01:56

sonomastone
we got there late because the traffic was so bad, and missed living color. the whole dynamic just added to the atmosphere - such a rush/panic to get to our seats in time (8th row, sleeping out paid off), making our way through the crowds, finally seeing our seats, 10 minutes later continental drift starts and then Mick, Keith and the boys 15 feet away playing Start Me Up - in the same decade it had been released.

The night was priceless. A repeat 23 years later in the Vegas era at 30 times the price just doesn't seem worth it, I'd rather keep the memory.

Both nights were...1981 will always be the triumph for me though.
I said it in another thread and I believe it...these shows are for those that missed the boat in all the golden years...its an exhibition match and its very expensive

Posted by: jammingedward ()
Date: April 20, 2013 02:02

Both London shows sell out 65,000 tickets very quickly because most tix are reasonably priced at £95 or whatever.

Not one US arena show is sold out at 18-20000 tickets because most are way overpriced at $600.

The numbers speak for themselves, and I think both the band and promoters may have overestimated the amount of people willing to pay $600 for what is generally considered a regular seat.

I just hope this doesn't mean the end of touring for the band, because they will only continue to do it if it is lucrative.

Date: April 20, 2013 02:13

I can still call up 5th row floors for Toronto on Ticketmaster.

Date: April 20, 2013 02:14

Hairball
sonomastone
can afford the $1500 pit tickets, but didn't buy them. It's just offensive and not worth it, no matter how much money you have.

Agree...very offensive.

Offensive and absurd.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 30

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1144
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home