Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415...LastNext
Current Page: 10 of 30
Re: High Priced Tickets not Selling
Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: April 29, 2013 21:07

andrewt
And so it stays the same.

please andrew, it 'remains' the same

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: April 29, 2013 21:30

I couldn't hear you, I've got a bustle in my hedgerow...

Posted by: R ()
Date: April 29, 2013 21:30

SWAYZ
R
AS PREDICTED....

... $450 seats for May 31 in Chicago have morphed into $250 overnight! I bought three this morning at center court, 2nd row of the third tier. These are far and away better than the single seat I struggled to get a few weeks ago.
The 3rd tier(300 level) for Chicago was always $175-$250. There were no $450's up there. Only $450's for Chicago were the 200 rear club level(front club level was $600) and the side stage 100 level.

Well, these sure as hell weren't there before.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: April 29, 2013 21:31

andrewt

Understandable...there are 2 paths you can go by y'know

Date: April 29, 2013 22:21

Munichhilton
andrewt

There's still time to change the road you're on....

Date: April 29, 2013 23:03

its good to be anywhere
Munichhilton
andrewt

But I just packed my bags for the misty mountains.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 29, 2013 23:07

andrewt
its good to be anywhere
Munichhilton
andrewt

I assume after that you're going to California?

Date: April 29, 2013 23:20

Hairball
andrewt
its good to be anywhere
Munichhilton
andrewt

I assume after that you're going to California?

I choose the path where no one goes.

Uh, better segue this back on topic now...
Y'know...Bleeding Volcanoes, Water Rats and all that.
Yeah, that's the ticket.
Oh right.. The Ticket prices. What a joke!

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: April 30, 2013 02:18

The VIP packages have been taken down for the May 3 date at Staples, and now there is availability in all sections, including all floor sections. Honestly, I've never seen this many tickets available the week of a show.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: April 30, 2013 02:40

drbryant
The VIP packages have been taken down for the May 3 date at Staples, and now there is availability in all sections, including all floor sections. Honestly, I've never seen this many tickets available the week of a show.

Getting interesting.... this along with the "sign up for $85.00 tickets" thing just announced

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 30, 2013 02:46

drbryant

Out of curiosity, just checked and pulled up a pair in 9th row/center for $600 per ticket.
Crazy...

(and NO, I didn't buy them...happy with my $85's thumbs up)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-30 03:56 by Hairball.

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: April 30, 2013 04:33

Fyi no one could ever give me an answer from the box office. I look forward to hearing the reports this week..

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: April 30, 2013 08:03

drbryant

Yes, out of nothing more than idle interest I was recently looking at ticket availability for some of these American shows (that I have no intention of attending due to work commitments), but I too noticed that there does seem to be quite extraordinary availability at this relatively late stage, certainly before the initial few shows in early May.

It has to be a reflection of the high prices, surely ? What else would account for it ?

seems to me that Hyde Park for GBP £399, £299, and £95 respectively is a bit of a bargain (winking smiley) by comparison !!

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: April 30, 2013 08:53

paulywaul
drbryant

It has to be a reflection of the high prices, surely ? What else would account for it ?

seems to me that Hyde Park for GBP £399, £299, and £95 respectively is a bit of a bargain (winking smiley) by comparison !!

Well for £399 you get a 600 USD which might be closer to the stage and has a reserved seat. It all depends what you look at. As far as I can remember also very good seats popped up again last week before the London shows at Ticketmaster.

I just think that they do a wrong calculation with the sections and their prices. But it's not in our hands anyway.

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: April 30, 2013 09:56

I can't see any promoter taking them on after this, if sales are as bad as they seem. They have priced themselves out of touring.
AEG have been dazzled by the Stones'star quality,but may pay a heavy price.

Vegas here we come !

sc uk

ps Do we actually know why Micheal Cohl was dropped........or did he drop them due to unrealistic expectations ?

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: April 30, 2013 10:38

straycatuk
I can't see any promoter taking them on after this, if sales are as bad as they seem. They have priced themselves out of touring.
AEG have been dazzled by the Stones'star quality, but may pay a heavy price.

Vegas here we come !

sc uk

ps Do we actually know why Micheal Cohl was dropped........or did he drop them due to unrealistic expectations ?

Quite possible yes. Anyway, from what we've seen so far of AEG to date, and I'm referring to that total mess they created for themselves regarding the initial presales for the first Hyde Park show (the misleading descriptions regarding Tiers 1/2/3 and all that) - they've certainly got a lot of work to do in order to get their house in order. A very disorganised and unprofessional outfit ... that's how they've managed to come across so far.

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Date: April 30, 2013 10:50

the reason they take them off was, that the Participants of the Tongue PIT Package and other packages had to be informed 7 days prior to the show. That was a clear remark. It would not make sense to keep such packages until the last day anyway.

For Oakland, San Jose, and Vegas the Pit VIP was sold out anyway. I just wonder how many they really sold....

Anyway I am happy for everybody who has the chance to get in the Pit with 85$. If not it was a lucky trytongue sticking out smiley

Paulywaul. Yes Hyde Park was the biggest mess and I agree that communication by AEG live was very bad. At the end I gave back my Tier 1 which I regretted and bought again new ones for the 2nd date.

Date: April 30, 2013 14:56

Just checked again. The amount of tickets left for the 1st show is more than have sold.

THIS PLACE IS EMPYT?

Have the Stones ever cancelled a show because of poor ticket sales.

At this point there is no way the first show will sell out.

Will they simply give them away?

What about the people that paid the high price for their seats....is it fair to them if the remainding tickes are heavily discounted or given away?

I personally feel like a retard for paying the HIGH price now.

I actually could have waited and got better seats for the same price.

Got caught up in the hype I guess.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: April 30, 2013 15:00

jumpontopofmebaby

Have the Stones ever cancelled a show because of poor ticket sales.

Yes. On their first American tour in 1964. Funny how it's all come full circle.

Date: April 30, 2013 15:04

jumpontopofmebaby
Just checked again. At this point there is no way the first show will sell out.

Will they simply give them away?

What about the people that paid the high price for their seats....is it fair to them if the remainding tickes are heavily discounted or given away?
I personally feel like a retard for paying the HIGH price now.
I actually could have waited and got better seats for the same price.
Got caught up in the hype I guess.

This is the risk we have to take. Already in 1982 in Germany there were loads of tickets available at the door, even though they told the press it was sold out.
I even could have had tickets for free it I would have been patient. But I am not.

The hype and the excitement is a personal thing. We have a friend who wanted to be sure for the ticket and paid an exorbitant price before the official release.
OK, I paid loads of bucks to be in, but it's my own mistake and it's my own or everybody else's risk to gamble. I was quite certain that the concerts would not sell out. However still nobody can tell how many tickets are still open. Once again do not forget that secondary market tickets are mostly not even bought by the time they are on display, except for the ones who are sold by private ticket holders via the agents.

Date: April 30, 2013 15:18

For their show at the Silverdome in Detroit in 1997, they created the illusion of a sell out by having local radio stations give away thousands, and I mean literally thousands of tickets. One station gave away 1500 pairs. They gave away a pair every 10 minutes, around the clock, for a week and a half. I won a pair. It was difficult not to win a pair if you just kept calling. All you had to do was be the lucky 10th caller. Best time to call was in the middle of the night.

"You're caller number two. Try again"
"Okay"
"You're caller number four. Keep trying"
"I will"
"You're caller number seven. Look, it's just you and one other guy. Hang up, wait a few seconds, and then call"
"Okay, thanks"
"You're the lucky tenth caller! Congratulations!"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-30 15:18 by tatters.

Date: April 30, 2013 15:28

Not so fast, Magilla!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-01 03:02 by tatters.

Posted by: TMONTANA ()
Date: April 30, 2013 15:28

The first show of the tour and you couldn't give away tickets,it serves them right,for being such greedy bastards,"Its all over now",their next step a 2 month stand at some Vegas joint ala Celine,Elton,etc..SAD,SAD,SAD...

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: April 30, 2013 15:48

You wait till the night, there won't be an empty seat, I guarantee. (However the seats get filled.) They won't be canceling any shows.

Also, for those still desperate for tix--there's usually a last-minute ticket drop, if you can be patient that long.

Date: April 30, 2013 15:50

Aquamarine

You wait till the night, there won't be an empty seat, I guarantee. (However the seats get filled.) They won't be canceling any shows.

Yes, of course. Anything to avoid the humiliation.

Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: April 30, 2013 16:11

Beyond the obvious money grab, I think they also missed an opportunity to turn on some younger fans. The same teenagers who 'found' AC/DC and fill some of their shows show be seeing the Stones, but not at these prices.

Date: April 30, 2013 16:52

One small problem: The Stones didn't set the ticket prices. They insisted on lower ticket prices during negotiations, but obviously when you are swimming with sharks, sometimes they get a bigger chunk out of you then you get out of them. It's a cold and brutal ocean out there!

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: April 30, 2013 16:56

JumpinJackOLantern
One small problem: The Stones didn't set the ticket prices. They insisted on lower ticket prices during negotiations, but obviously when you are swimming with sharks, sometimes they get a bigger chunk out of you then you get out of them. It's a cold and brutal ocean out there!
Jagger: "we want 80.000.000$ but please keep ticket prices low, please"

Date: April 30, 2013 16:59

JumpinJackOLantern

The only thing they insisted upon was that they be paid $4.5 million per show. That means $300 of every ticket (whether it gets sold or not) has to go directly to the band. The promoter is actually losing money on every ticket that gets sold for under $300.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-30 17:37 by tatters.

Posted by: dougie ()
Date: April 30, 2013 17:00

Those people in the upper decks (can't call them cheap seats) could end up with a seat upgrade. Many arenas block off some upper deck areas anyways.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415...LastNext
Current Page: 10 of 30

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2287
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home