Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1112131415161718192021...LastNext
Current Page: 16 of 37
Re: Confusion over Hyde Park "Seating Chart" - UPDATE #2
Posted by: maradona ()
Date: April 6, 2013 20:54

Anybody interested now in paying 15.000 € for Tier 1 ? It may "sound alright" to some of you! >grinning smiley<

[www.viagogo.de]

Edit: I just selected two of those 15.000 € tickets for fun. Guess what they suggest for booking charges? Yes - 4.500 € (comma in right position here)!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-06 20:58 by maradona.

Posted by: vertigojoe ()
Date: April 6, 2013 20:58

"Viz mags top tip

SIMULATE a Rolling Stones gig by watching your grandad strum a guitar from a distance of 3km & burning your life's savings."[/quote]

Genius

Posted by: maradona ()
Date: April 6, 2013 21:02

vertigojoe
"Viz mags top tip

SIMULATE a Rolling Stones gig by watching your grandad strum a guitar from a distance of 3km & burning your life's savings."

Genius[/quote]

Yeah, a bit funny I must admit. But I did not want to complain about the prices but about how big the economy's influence on Rock Concerts is...

Date: April 6, 2013 21:02

His Majesty
[drycounty.com]

"Viz mags top tip

SIMULATE a Rolling Stones gig by watching your grandad strum a guitar from a distance of 3km & burning your life's savings."

Respect to His Majesty..

Date: April 6, 2013 21:03

maradona
vertigojoe
"Viz mags top tip

Genius

Yeah, a bit funny I must admit. But I did not want to complain about the prices but about how big the economy's influence on Rock Concerts is...[/quote]

Eh? You back on the Charlie Diego?

Posted by: Karlos123 ()
Date: April 6, 2013 21:20

It is pretty obvious that the stage layout is "a Stones thing". They will change the layout over night. It's not that difficult. Bon Jovi will get their circles, the Stones will get their Tier-3-Front-Row thing.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: April 6, 2013 21:25

Please IGNORE any site maps as supplied by secondary ticket outlets like Viagogo. They are NOT really responsible officially for the Stones ticket sales, they buy tickets inofficially, and they try to make them look better than they are, so they would use any method within and near the legal limits in order to push their over-priced tickets. They have one product only : over-pricing vs face value. And I don't think they have normal moral standards.

As for Stones ticket policy, I think it is quite clear as for Hyde Park that they have made a contract with AEG that is legally binding, stating that the cheapest tickets should have direct access to the front of the stage. And I am 100% sure it is a very detailed contract, the Stones have the best lawyers so this is not open for discussion between RS and AEG.

When reading between lines in the AEG e-mail I see quite clear that they do NOT have access to center front stage with their VIP over-prosed tickets. Very simple. That is why they are stating additional features like toilets, entrance and so on. Just like we have seen with other over-priced packages in the US : Valet Parking and a dinner = double price of the ticket.

Over the years I have become very cynical when it comes to buying tickets. I do know that the Stones have a policy of cheapest tickets are some times - but not always - the best - so I just have to gamble. It has been like this for decades. Some times you end up with a nosebleed seat, it the top of the roof say in MSG, and you have to stay there, or sell that ticket and buy another one from scalpers.

But ask yourself this : Is it really worth it? AEG offer to take back the ticket and replace it with a the cheapest ticket that actually give FOS access. Within 3 days from purchase. So if you feel cheated then use that offer!

I do totally agree that this is a big, big mess, but don't let it ruin your concert experience. This is not something the Stones invented - it is a combination of the following:

- Misleading site maps by the secondary ticket market
- Fancy VIP packages made by the primary promoter with unclear info
- Stones rules about the cheapest tickets that are not easily available

See you in Hyde Park!

Bjornulf

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: April 6, 2013 21:41

BV, you forgot to add couple of things to that list:

- clearly false information given about the different categories/tiers on the British Summertime site at the time of purchase. (That was the primary ticket market, not a secondary one.)

- no official layout provided until at least both Tiers 1 and 2 were sold out.

- the false information not corrected until at least both Tiers 1 and 2 were sold out

VIP packages (bar or restaurant packages) are a different matter than just the division into Tiers 1 and 2.

And for the record, I am taking it fairly easy, still. If you worry, you make it double. I am perfectly happy just to be there in Hyde Park for my 5th and last ever Stones concert (unless I hit the jackpot and decide to do the July 13th as well! winking smiley)

But I can relate to the anger of a lot of people here.

Posted by: beepee2 ()
Date: April 6, 2013 21:53

I'd be taking it easy if I hadn't involved 2 other people in this, coming from abroad, and who want to see the stage...

Posted by: kernowmod ()
Date: April 6, 2013 21:58

Hi

I've been reading the thread with interest, I purchased a tier 1 ticket from the Barclaycard pre sale & although I am in a better position than the Tier 2 ticket holders, I can't believe anything now so I have now gone back to Barclaycard for an explanation. I mention to them that I also have used O2 pre sale & have never been treated like this by them.

My view is all those who purchased through the pre sale should also complain to Barclaycard they may put some pressure on the promoter after all the last think Barclaycard want is a lot of unhappy customers at their flagship event.

Just a thought

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: April 6, 2013 22:14

kernowmod
Hi

I've been reading the thread with interest, I purchased a tier 1 ticket from the Barclaycard pre sale & although I am in a better position than the Tier 2 ticket holders, I can't believe anything now so I have now gone back to Barclaycard for an explanation. I mention to them that I also have used O2 pre sale & have never been treated like this by them.

My view is all those who purchased through the pre sale should also complain to Barclaycard they may put some pressure on the promoter after all the last think Barclaycard want is a lot of unhappy customers at their flagship event.

Just a thought

I'm not so sure tier 1 is better than tier 2. Judging by the Springsteen picture.

Posted by: beepee2 ()
Date: April 6, 2013 22:15

BowieStone
kernowmod
Hi

Just a thought

I'm not so sure tier 1 is better than tier 2. Judging by the Springsteen picture.

Ditto.

Date: April 6, 2013 22:23

I've not seen the Springsteen pictures, but what I do know is the promoter couldn't care a less about me as an individual fan but if I & others highlight the mis selling to Barclaycard (who are joint responsible) the promotor might just do something, it's worth a shot

I personally think Tier 2 should not be there now, there is no advantage to buying these tickets other than posh toilets, & if / when the 13 July goes on sale if anyone buys these tickets for £100 more they must be mad.

Date: April 6, 2013 22:30

kernowmod
I've not seen the Springsteen pictures, but what I do know is the promoter couldn't care a less about me as an individual fan but if I & others highlight the mis selling to Barclaycard (who are joint responsible) the promotor might just do something, it's worth a shot

I personally think Tier 2 should not be there now, there is no advantage to buying these tickets other than posh toilets, & if / when the 13 July goes on sale if anyone buys these tickets for £100 more they must be mad.

Date: April 6, 2013 22:40

kernowmod

I think I'll buy Tier 2 (or tier 1 if available) again for the second show.
I want to walk around during the day and check out other gigs or arrive really late, just before the stones.
Out of the question I'll be waiting more than an hour on the same spot. I'm still young, but that's just wasting time.

If I do that with tier 3 tickets I'll be completely at the back when The Stones hit the stage.

Posted by: IGTBA ()
Date: April 6, 2013 22:47

bv

But ask yourself this : Is it really worth it? AEG offer to take back the ticket and replace it with a the cheapest ticket that actually give FOS access. Within 3 days from purchase. So if you feel cheated then use that offer!

I do totally agree that this is a big, big mess, but don't let it ruin your concert experience. This is not something the Stones invented - it is a combination of the following:

- Misleading site maps by the secondary ticket market
- Fancy VIP packages made by the primary promoter with unclear info
- Stones rules about the cheapest tickets that are not easily available

See you in Hyde Park!

While I agree with much of what bv said (which I deleted in the quote above), I strongly disagree with the last part and conclusion. I support doing whatever is necessary to bring more attention to this fraud and to try to find an acceptable resolution to those who purchased Tier 1 and Tier 2 tickets, based on the original descriptions of those tiers.

bv keeps mentioning VIP. Tiers 1 and 2 were not described as VIP areas. I was not expecting VIP treatment. I purchased a Tier 1 ticket to be "directly in front of the stage [and in front of all the other tier purchasers]" - that was about all that could be expected from the original descriptions. There was nothing on BST's purchase website regarding diamond or gold or VIP (at least for the Stones day) - just the three tiers with brief descriptions. I have been to festivals and the crowds. I was in the poorly controlled and overcrowded gold circle at Slane in 2007.

When I got up at 2 am, Denver, CO, USA time Thursday, to try to buy a ticket and determine if I wanted to spend all the money necessary to go to the Hyde Park concert(s), I was looking for an option to be in front, reasonably close to the stage, without having to defend my position for hours before the concert. The description for Tier 1 fit my need very well. My only expectation was that it would be directly in front of the stage and would be separated from the tier 2 and 3 purchasers. If I had seen the current descriptions, when I first was able to view them just after 2 am, I would have easily decided none of the options were good for me and gone back to sleep, planning to see the Stones many times in North America. But I spent a fair amount of time going through many "not available" and "sold out" responses - kept trying and finally was able to purchase a Tier 1 ticket. Great! I was feeling very excited and looking forward to seeing the Stones in Hyde Park - a first for me. Until yesterday, when I learned that Tier 1 is not directly in front of the stage.

The secondary ticket market has NOTHING to do with this. I never saw any map or diagram, I only read the description of a Tier 1 ticket - and that was completely false! VIP has nothing to do with this!

Sorry bv, I respect all you do and your opinion, but I strongly disagree with your last statements, in this case.

I doubt much will change regarding how AEG/RS will treat the Tier 1 and 2 purchasers, but I support doing whatever necessary to bring more attention to this fraud. If things stay as they now appear, I will get a refund and noboby will see me in Hyde Park. And to those who say - well you are just as well off - as if you never purchased a ticket; I say absolutely not! If the current descriptions existed Thursday, I would have missed a few minutes of sleep, would have written off Hyde Park, and been looking forward to seeing the Stones in North America. Now, I spent a lot of Thursday am not sleeping buying a ticket, paid a lot of money, dealt with a credit alert from my Barclay card, and now have to deal with AEG/BST to try to get a refund. I'm angry with AEG/RS; both are responsible for this. I am no longer looking forward to going to LA, Boston, Philly, maybe Chicago. As of now, I do not plan to attend any of those concerts. I'll still go to Vegas, but without my typical enthusiasm.

This fraud is a big issue!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-06 22:55 by IGTBA.

thanks Bowie-stone if that is correct I may as well be Tier 3 as I will be watching the screen most of the time anyway.

After paying £299 I have no intention of standing in tier 1 all day waiting to get the best spot I can do that for £99.

but as I said before AEG couldn't care about me if I give my ticket up they will just sell it to another, it's a sell out, I'm going to see if I can get Barclaycard to put some pressure on, if enough complain to Barclaycard then if nothing else AEG will need to answer to Barclaycard which will be quite embarrassing for AEG.

In the end It may not get anywhere but it will tarnish the reputation of AEG

Posted by: gotdablouse ()

Thanks for pitching in bv, one thing though, Tier 1 and Tier 2 were NOT originally advertized as VIP packages, just better placement than GA, like PELOR at Stade de France for instance. If the Stones had that GA/FOS clause they should have made it clear as soon as the tickets went on sale, pre-sale included. Whether they could clarify that T1 and T2 were VIP packages is open to question, but it would have been thoughtful. We're not AEG customers, we're fans of the Stones so they should look out for us...

@IGTBA - was typing when you posted, agree 100%! All who bought T1 were expecting a tongue pit equivalent, little did we know!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-07 00:46 by gotdablouse.

Date: April 6, 2013 22:58

GTBA

I'm sorry to hear this, don't let this one hitch ruin your opportunity to see the Stones there in the USA, I'm sure the american fans would not put up with this type of rubbish in their country.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: April 6, 2013 23:01

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-08 05:32 by His Majesty.

Date: April 6, 2013 23:13

based on the O2 arena tickets last November £900 per ticket top tickets with no add ons these are a bargain,

I paid £250 last year to just sit in the gods at the O2, seats that are £60 for The Who in June.

the Stones are always going to be expensive because lets be honest they can, HP sold out in three Minutes if the prices where doubled at all levels they still would have sold out, the fans are victims of our own desire to see the band really,it's not right but there is a lot of people getting rich on the back of these concerts & I don't mean the band.

Date: April 6, 2013 23:15

kernowmod
GTBA

I'm sorry to hear this, don't let this one hitch ruin your opportunity to see the Stones there in the USA, I'm sure the american fans would not put up with this type of rubbish in their country.

Well I am American - and have put up with lies before, in the US, on the ABB tour. Been told that my seats were next to the center "walkway" at Wichita, when they were on the opposite aisle - 20 seats away from the walkway.

But I have never bought a ticket for a complete section that was not where it was described. And it's IGTBA - stands for "It's good to be anywhere", although after this I might need to add an asterisk, saying except at an AEG event.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: April 6, 2013 23:22

You may call it VIP or "Hospitality" or "Gold" or "Platinum" or Tier-1 or Tier-2 or whatever, but it is all a way to make an uplift of the real value, the concert experience, based upon free parking or extra beer or food access or whatever. I call it VIP but please read "expensive tickets". They (AEG) have fooled the fans, and they succeded, that is for sure, but it is not the first time.

I have been to many shows, in fact most of them over the past few years, and believe me, I have seen many, many of these packages, always a nice name of the package but cheating with FOS maps is of course a bit creative, even if it wqas not AEG who did thyat may be.

Earlier this week I was at a restaurant and had a meal which was supposed to be great. Service took almost two hours, the food tasted crap, I paid the bill including a mandatory 15% tip, but I will never go back there. I hate it but I am old enough to try to ignore it, because life is full of people who want to cheat us.

Finally, I am deeply impressed by you when you fight back on those who fooled you. It is wrong, even if it happens over and over...

Bjornulf

Date: April 6, 2013 23:23

Sorry IGTBA my mistake looks like you have similar issues then, I had a friend at a concert in Milton Keynes has gold circle tickets a couple of years ago went to the entrance & they turned her away saying it was full, she ended up standing at the back of the arena, when she got home no one would take responsibility, ticketmaster blamed promoter, promoter blamed security on the day, security blamed promotor for selling too many tickets, she never got a refund or a sorry

so now when I do manage to get gold circle I try to get there early just in case.

Date: April 6, 2013 23:40

Well bv, you can call it "fooled". But I am used to them trying to fool us - I agree, they do it all the time - especially the way they release tickets. But with different tiers or VIP deals, I have always received what I expected from the Stones, including at the five concerts last year, where I had two VIP deals. I had VIP Pit for the second O2 and was not able to eat much of the meal. It was served late: and I wanted to get in line for the pit. But that was fine. I did not go there for the meal.

This time they lied to me. This is different.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-07 00:24 by IGTBA.

Posted by: lmatth8461 ()
Date: April 7, 2013 00:18

His Majesty
kernowmod
GTBA

Lol, have you seen the prices for the tour?

[www.rollingstones.com]

As a part of the general onsale, there will be something for everyone, including over a 1,000 tickets at $85 (including service charges). Some will be among the best seats in the house in the Tongue Pit, with others spread around the arena. Tickets will be sold as a pair. You will find out your seat location when you pick them up the night of the show.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: April 7, 2013 00:26

Rolling Stones fans in row over premium tickets

Rolling Stones fans who bought VIP tickets for their London summer concert have demanded refunds after being “misled” over where they would be able to stand.

By Edward Malnick
9:00PM BST 06 Apr 2013

Fans paid hundreds of pounds for a place at the front of the crowd in Hyde Park, only to be told that people with the cheapest tickets will have access to the same area.

The concert’s organiser has now removed descriptions from its website which claimed that the £299 “tier one” tickets would allow them to stand “directly in front of the stage”.

According to the original wording the second tier, costing £199, would provide “access to an area closer to the stage than general admission”.

Anger among VIP ticket holders was sparked by a statement issued by the band on Twitter which said “tier three” ticket holders, who paid £95, will also be able to get to the front.

An official plan was later released by the band showing the general admissions area reaching to the front of the stage, with a “gold circle” for VIP members to the side.

However, in a separate diagram posted on the British Summer Time website - the music festival hosting the concert - a portion of the general admissions area had been removed at the front to allow a “tier one” enclosure to border the stage.

One fan said: “If this layout had been there pre the tickets actually going on sale, nobody would have bought anything apart from a £95 ticket.

"The tickets as sold are therefore a gross misrepresentation and should be refunded or exchanged.”

The 65,000 tickets to the show on July 6 sold out less than five minutes following their release to the public on Friday morning after some were available early to customers of Barclaycard, the concert’s sponsor, and local residents.

They were later offered on unofficial websites for as much as £12,000 each.

AEG Live, the concert’s promoter, apologised “for the confusion” and said those with tier one and two tickets would be guaranteed a position close to the stage “in an exclusive section”.

The tickets also included an “exclusive entry and exit point” to the venue not available to the £95 ticket holders, the company said.

Refunds or downgrades to tier three tickets were offered to those who were “still not happy”.

[www.telegraph.co.uk]

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: April 7, 2013 00:27

Finally!

Posted by: nobodyimportant ()
Date: April 7, 2013 00:43

None of this helps me though, because I don't want a refund.

I want what I paid for, which is a good view of the stage without having to stay in one spot and try to keep my place for hours.

I don't care about the bars and food outlets, and I dont care about the special entry point, which is actually more inconvenient for me as I will be walking from Paddington.

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: April 7, 2013 00:49

nobodyimportant
None of this helps me though, because I don't want a refund.

I want what I paid for
, which is a good view of the stage without having to stay in one spot and try to keep my place for hours.

I don't care about the bars and food outlets, and I dont care about the special entry point, which is actually more inconvenient for me as I will be walking from Paddington.

agree 100%

sc uk

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1112131415161718192021...LastNext
Current Page: 16 of 37

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1691
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home