Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516...LastNext
Current Page: 11 of 37
Re: Confusion over Hyde Park "Seating Chart" - UPDATE #2
Posted by: Harm ()
Date: April 6, 2013 09:04

I thought by now 8 am it would be clear that this was all a bad joke or a big misunderstanding....so it's not?

Posted by: CaledonianGonzo ()
Date: April 6, 2013 10:06

Has anyone heard anything back from AEG - or anyone else - since yesterday teatime?

Concerned that it's now the weekend and we might not make any headway over the weekend while Rob Hallett's swanning around on a yacht with Simon Le Bon or something.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: April 6, 2013 10:27

Now in the end, who would want to actually stay in Tier 2?

They must be counting on a number of people not bothering to cancel/downgrade/upgrade, "put up and shut up" as you said.

There are many considerations. I am capable of lining up all day and even running to front row but this is not what I thought I was paying for at the time of purchase. I was as much duped as the other guy - and this despite seeing the Twitter post about also the Tier 3 having a shot at front row.

Now is there a possibility to exit the Tier 2 and just enter the Tier 3/GA area?

I am not obsessed with front row, having been there twice and gotten Keith's guitar pick on both occasions. I could happily to let someone else experience that. Upgrading to Tier 1 is an option if they offer it for free. If not, too steep. Downgrading to Tier 3 remains a very feasible option for me.

What is going to happen with Tier 2 in the end?

And on "running"- why is AEG encouraring people to take a dash? Why not walk in in orderly fashion as in Bruce Springsteen concerts (there is a separate pit though most often at the regular GA price - just turn up early). Oh well, that is another discussion.

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: April 6, 2013 10:32

Topi
Now in the end, who would want to actually stay in Tier 2?

They must be counting on a number of people not bothering to cancel/downgrade/upgrade, "put up and shut up" as you said.

There are many considerations. I am capable of lining up all day and even running to front row but this is not what I thought I was paying for at the time of purchase. I was as much duped as the other guy - and this despite seeing the Twitter post about also the Tier 3 having a shot at front row.

Now is there a possibility to exit the Tier 2 and just enter the Tier 3/GA area?

I am not obsessed with front row, having been there twice and gotten Keith's guitar pick on both occasions. I could happily to let someone else experience that. Upgrading to Tier 1 is an option if they offer it for free. If not, too steep. Downgrading to Tier 3 remains a very feasible option for me.

What is going to happen with Tier 2 in the end?

And on "running"- why is AEG encouraring people to take a dash? Why not walk in in orderly fashion as in Bruce Springsteen concerts (there is a separate pit though most often at the regular GA price - just turn up early). Oh well, that is another discussion.

They don't.

Date: April 6, 2013 10:33

Topi, I don't think you can cancel orders, can you?

Date: April 6, 2013 10:37

Harm, mr. Hallett has clearly stated that if you have bought ticket(s) in Tier 1 or 2, you can downgrade/upgrade/refund.

Date: April 6, 2013 10:38

Thought someone wrote they were offering a refund?

Mind you it is not an option for me. I am gonna be in Hyde Park no matter what. Got the flights booked and a hotel too.

So by the looks of it it's either downgrade to Tier 3 (do they refund the price difference here?) or stay in Tier 2 (EDIT: or upgrade to Tier 1 free, but if they let people do that there is not gonna be much left of Tier 2 in the end now is there?)

What I had HOPED for when buying the Tier 2 was kind of a "Back of the pit" view (the pit being the barriered area in front of the stage, the one you often see in stadium shows)

Does BST stand for BullShit Time ? winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-06 10:39 by Topi.

Date: April 6, 2013 10:39

Thanks...lucky me this time I have the 95£ tickets. So I guess that they realize they messed up

Posted by: CaledonianGonzo ()
Date: April 6, 2013 10:51

The Worst.
Harm, mr. Hallett has clearly stated that if you have bought ticket(s) in Tier 1 or 2, you can downgrade/upgrade/refund.

Not to everyone he hasn't. I've not had a response...

Re: SUMMARY - Confusion on "Seating Chart" at Hyde Park ! Rip-off for Diamond/T1 and Gold/T2 Tickets ?
Posted by: Lady Jayne ()
Date: April 6, 2013 10:53

Green Lady
I will not edit that post - I will leave it there as a permanent record of just what a stupid spiteful cow I am. I will be taking no further part in these discussions.

You are most certainly not any of those things. I hope you enjoy the show. I failed to get any ticket so far - I'm not liking the vibe about any of this so far, but maybe I'll get there in the end!

Date: April 6, 2013 10:55

CaledonianGonzo
The Worst.

Not to everyone he hasn't. I've not had a response...

That's a shame. He has stated to me and a few others on this board that you can upgrade/downgrade/refund as you wish. This should apply to each and everyone who bought a ticket in Tier 1 or 2. Hope you get a reply soon!

Date: April 6, 2013 10:59

How can you downgrade if the 95£ tickets are sold out?

Date: April 6, 2013 10:59

Harm
How can you downgrade if the 95£ tickets are sold out?

One option could be to make Tier 1 and 2 smaller.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: April 6, 2013 11:00

CaledonianGonzo
Has anyone heard anything back from AEG - or anyone else - since yesterday teatime?

Concerned that it's now the weekend and we might not make any headway over the weekend while Rob Hallett's swanning around on a yacht with Simon Le Bon or something.

No, not as yet.

Basically, I think that what most people want is for the setup on the day to actually be exactly how it was described when they made their decision to buy either Tier 1 or Tier 2 tickets. If they'd have had the REAL TRUE description of what the setup was going to be, then they'd quite possibly have elected to go for GA Tier 3, I suspect I would probably have done so myself.

So the on-going battle with AEG is this; not to be fobbed off with a brisk apology for the confusion and the offer of a refund or a downgrade, but getting AEG to honour what they sold. It would be SO easy to accomplish. Half an hour's work with barriers at the front of the stage, and job done. A dedicated pit area for Tier 1, behind that a dedicated pit area for Tier 2, and in turn behind that the GA Tier 3 area. What on earth would be so difficult in organising that ?

I intend to further correspond with Rob Hallett and point things like this out to him, and depending on his response, I might have to further point out that his apparent reluctance to address the issue and look for a fix (especially as there actually IS an easy one available) is completely unacceptable, and he might well therefore in due course enjoy discussing his position with entertainment lawyers, trade descriptions officials, and/or the UK media.

If people just lapse into complacency and don't follow this through to hopefully a final conclusion in OUR favour, we all know what will happen. AEG will basically have gotten away with what amounts to fraud & deceit.

I speak for myself, but I'm kind of fussy about precisely who I accept contemptuous treatment from ........... and AEG is not on my list. So, if any of you on IORR have strong feelings about this issue, as I do, then please ....... continue to fire of complaining emails to Rob Hallett, continue to reject his inadequate responses and shameful attempts at fobbing you off with a refund or an upgrade/downgrade. Don't lose sight of what has happened here.

If you have a Tier 1 or Tier 2 ticket, you presumably bought it on the express understanding that it would position you closer to the stage than a Tier 3 ticket ? And the reason you thought that was because of what you read on the BST webpage at the time of purchase.

Well you were wrong, it turns out that those tier 1 and Tier 2 tickets don't position you closer. And the issue is not that ultimately that the more expensive tickets actually locate you further away from the stage, it is that THIS WAS NOT HOW IT WAS DESCRIBED TO YOU AT THE TIME OF PURCHASE.

You don't even NEED to be in the legal profession to understand who is in the right and who is in the wrong here, it's an open and shut case in that respect.

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: April 6, 2013 11:01

Harm
Thanks...lucky me this time I have the 95£ tickets. So I guess that they realize they messed up

Best ticket in the house if you que up and run, actually i think it might be very good if you come there late as well.

Posted by: Sister Marie ()
Date: April 6, 2013 11:23

JumpinJeppeFlash
Harm

Best ticket in the house if you que up and run, actually i think it might be very good if you come there late as well.

I have a 95£ ticket, too old to queue for hours and run, so, like about 60.000 other people, I will probably be very very far away the stage: so, if you have a tip to arrive late and get a good spot, let me know! confused smiley

Posted by: phd ()

I seems we have been robbed by buying those Tier 2 tickets.

Posted by: MRambler ()

paulywaul
CaledonianGonzo

No, not as yet.

Basically, I think that what most people want is for the setup on the day to actually be exactly how it was described when they made their decision to buy either Tier 1 or Tier 2 tickets. If they'd have had the REAL TRUE description of what the setup was going to be, then they'd quite possibly have elected to go for GA Tier 3, I suspect I would probably have done so myself.

So the on-going battle with AEG is this; not to be fobbed off with a brisk apology for the confusion and the offer of a refund or a downgrade, but getting AEG to honour what they sold. It would be SO easy to accomplish. Half an hour's work with barriers at the front of the stage, and job done. A dedicated pit area for Tier 1, behind that a dedicated pit area for Tier 2, and in turn behind that the GA Tier 3 area. What on earth would be so difficult in organising that ?

I intend to further correspond with Rob Hallett and point things like this out to him, and depending on his response, I might have to further point out that his apparent reluctance to address the issue and look for a fix (especially as there actually IS an easy one available) is completely unacceptable, and he might well therefore in due course enjoy discussing his position with entertainment lawyers, trade descriptions officials, and/or the UK media.

If people just lapse into complacency and don't follow this through to hopefully a final conclusion in OUR favour, we all know what will happen. AEG will basically have gotten away with what amounts to fraud & deceit.

I speak for myself, but I'm kind of fussy about precisely who I accept contemptuous treatment from ........... and AEG is not on my list. So, if any of you on IORR have strong feelings about this issue, as I do, then please ....... continue to fire of complaining emails to Rob Hallett, continue to reject his inadequate responses and shameful attempts at fobbing you off with a refund or an upgrade/downgrade. Don't lose sight of what has happened here.

If you have a Tier 1 or Tier 2 ticket, you presumably bought it on the express understanding that it would position you closer to the stage than a Tier 3 ticket ? And the reason you thought that was because of what you read on the BST webpage at the time of purchase.

Well you were wrong, it turns out that those tier 1 and Tier 2 tickets don't position you closer. And the issue is not that ultimately that the more expensive tickets actually locate you further away from the stage, it is that THIS WAS NOT HOW IT WAS DESCRIBED TO YOU AT THE TIME OF PURCHASE.

You don't even NEED to be in the legal profession to understand who is in the right and who is in the wrong here, it's an open and shut case in that respect.

My thoughts exactly!
I have contacted yesterday evening Rob, First gate Tickets and BST. No answers yet.

Posted by: lmatth8461 ()
Date: April 6, 2013 11:24

straycatuk
I know exactly how they can get out of this -

Set up the Diamond and Golden circles exactly as we were expecting them - Like the regular Bon Jovi set up which incidentally has a small walkway between diamond and golden sections.

To satisfy the claim that the earliest GA attendees will have the oppotunity to be front of stage, give upgrades to Diamond to the 1st 100 - 200 through the gates. Fair ? Good - sorted !>grinning smiley<

To think, I used to think Michael Colh was the devil !

sc uk

Doesn't sound fair to me, SC...I went for the £95 option, but if I had tier 1 or 2, I would assume something like the BJ layout. I certainly hope to be one of the first through the gate, but I wouldn't expect access to an area I had not paid for.

I'm afraid the Stones have developed form in this respect, they want to extract as much as they can from any given tour, and if people are prepared to pay, then so be it. I just happen to think that a top price of four hundred quid for the O2 compared with £150 five years earlier is OTT, as is two or three hundred quid to stand in a field. I was happy enough with my hugely discounted ticket last November, courtesy of Seatwave, and if the current plan of the Hyde Park layout proves to be correct, I'll be happy with that too, it's just a question of learning how to play the game.

Fingers crossed weather wise; two or three open air gigs lined up for the UK this summer...let's just hope the rain stays away.

Lee

Date: April 6, 2013 11:27

Thank you MRambler, grateful for the support .....

Posted by: MGetzner ()
Date: April 6, 2013 11:35

This is the answer I got yesterday evening (same from AEG and Rob):

"Hi Michael

Thanks for your mail

Apologies for the confusion in respect of GA Tiers 1, 2 and 3.

You are correct that there will be a section in front of the stage that can be accessed by those with General Admission Tier 3 tickets. This will be the same as any other gig and will be available to anyone that arrives early enough and can run fast enough and are prepared to remain in that spot throughout the day.

However, the purchase of your Tier 2 tickets will provide you with the following:
• You will have an exclusive entry and exit point to the venue itself, not available to the general public holding Tier 3 tickets
• You will be guaranteed a position close to the stage, in an exclusive section for those holding Tier 2 tickets.
• From this area, you will have exclusive access to sanitation/toilet facilities and a bar area (and so you will not have to leave this area and return to the main site if you do not wish to)
• But of course you are also free to explore the site and the other stages throughout the day whilst not losing your privileged viewing spot for the Stones.

We think this Tier 2 package, as detailed above, represents great value and will allow you the best opportunity to enjoy a fabulous day and an amazing performance from the Rolling Stones.

But if you are still not happy, please let us know by return email within 3 days and we will agree either to:
• Downgrade your ticket purchase to a Tier 3 ticket (£95)
• Give you a full refund on your ticket purchase.

We look forward to hearing from you as soon as possible.

Kind regards

AEG Live"

No mentioning of upgrading!
I answered that this is still not acceptable, and said I would accept if offered an upgrade.

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: April 6, 2013 11:36

paulywaul
CaledonianGonzo

No, not as yet.

Agree 100%.

Focus totally on whats happaned here.

If i had brought one of these tickets i would like paul not let it rest, i am a bit surprided that the press have not caught on to this yet.

Sister Marie, i will be like you and take my time getting in and not stand around for hours, so if you recieve any information on good spots please let me know.

Date: April 6, 2013 11:41

Note that the Tier 1 and Tier 2 replies are just a copy paste of each other.

The reply does claim that "Tier 2" would GUARANTEE position close to the stage, in an exclusive section for those holding Tier 2 tickets.

Close to the stage?

How close?

That's the question.

I for one could well accept that (and a private entrance + the other gimmicks) if indeed Tier 2 is going to be at least relatively "close to the stage."

Date: April 6, 2013 11:44

odean73
paulywaul
CaledonianGonzo

No, not as yet.

Agree 100%.

Focus totally on whats happaned here.

If i had brought one of these tickets i would like paul not let it rest, i am a bit surprised that the press have not caught on to this yet.

Sister Marie, i will be like you and take my time getting in and not stand around for hours, so if you recieve any information on good spots please let me know.

They will soon enough .... if I don't start getting sensible responses from AEG's Rob Hallett pretty damn soon.

I mean really, think about what has happened here. It's akin to a goal having been scored, and then no sooner that happens - the goalposts are declared as not having been in the right place and the goal invalidated. Christ almighty, they're taking the p*** !!

I learnt a long time ago that if you've been wronged and you remain silent, you're guaranteed one thing: NOTHING WILL CHANGE. So if by contrast you make noise, well still nothing might chance, but at least you've slightly improved your chances of bringing about change of some sort.

Date: April 6, 2013 11:50

MGetzner
This is the answer I got yesterday evening (same from AEG and Rob):

"Hi Michael

Thanks for your mail

Apologies for the confusion in respect of GA Tiers 1, 2 and 3.

You are correct that there will be a section in front of the stage that can be accessed by those with General Admission Tier 3 tickets. This will be the same as any other gig and will be available to anyone that arrives early enough and can run fast enough and are prepared to remain in that spot throughout the day.

However, the purchase of your Tier 2 tickets will provide you with the following:
• You will have an exclusive entry and exit point to the venue itself, not available to the general public holding Tier 3 tickets
• You will be guaranteed a position close to the stage, in an exclusive section for those holding Tier 2 tickets.
• From this area, you will have exclusive access to sanitation/toilet facilities and a bar area (and so you will not have to leave this area and return to the main site if you do not wish to)
• But of course you are also free to explore the site and the other stages throughout the day whilst not losing your privileged viewing spot for the Stones.

We think this Tier 2 package, as detailed above, represents great value and will allow you the best opportunity to enjoy a fabulous day and an amazing performance from the Rolling Stones.

But if you are still not happy, please let us know by return email within 3 days and we will agree either to:
• Downgrade your ticket purchase to a Tier 3 ticket (£95)
• Give you a full refund on your ticket purchase.

We look forward to hearing from you as soon as possible.

Kind regards

AEG Live"

No mentioning of upgrading!
I answered that this is still not acceptable, and said I would accept if offered an upgrade.

Stock answer, those of thus that got a response from AEG yesterday - it was exactly this. It doesn't address the issue of what was described in terms of location relative to the stage for the tier 1 and tier 2 tickets on the BST webpage at the time of purchase.

Posted by: RobberBride ()
Date: April 6, 2013 11:51

I am also with you Paulywaul....but lets get it into press NOW if anybodys got connections. However, I would make it clear that it is AEG thats at fault here, and not RS. To me at least, thats important. That AEG has somehow managed to taint this glorious thing. I just still can not believe how they have managed that.

Great timing too, now that it's weekend they are most likely not going to answer everyone anytime soon.

Tier number 2. Fitting...=P

Posted by: marclaff ()

Here the message i just sent to rob :
Sir,
I bought a GA Tier 2 access - Unwind backstage bar for 299 + 29,90
(service charges) + 30 (delivery) = 358,90 £ for the Rolling Stones
show on the 6th of july.
Order #19900652
processed 04/04/13 12:20:34 CDT

At the time of the purchase, the description was :
GA Tier 1 – access to the area directly in front of the stage
GA Tier 2 – access to an area closer to the stage than general admission
GA Tier 3 – access to the main spectator area
and for the "bar thing" :
Barclaycard Unwind Backstage Bar
Fast-track private entrance to the festival, getting you in and out
quickly.
- Premium Flushing toilets.
- Cloakroom service & lockers to keep your valuables safe.
- Relaxation tent where you can get a massage, treatment or body art.
- Private VIP cocktail bar
- Comfy seating areas.
- VIP food outlets.
Please note that the Backstage Bar is located close to the stage.
Tickets for the Backstage Bar do not permit access to restricted areas
behind the stage or any artist or production areas.

Later, (when the concert was sold out), a new layout shows something
very different.
These descriptions above appear to be false.

The place where I bought the tickets (direct link from The Rolling
Stones site) told : closer to the stage than Tier 3.
You shouldn't say those things if they are not true.

I have the strong feeling to have been cheated (I would use in french a
word less polite).
That's why i demand a full (fees and delivery included) refund for my
purchase.
Waiting hearing from you,
Regards
Docteur Marc Laff

Date: April 6, 2013 11:56

RobberBride
I am also with you Paulywaul....but lets get it into press NOW if anybodys got connections. However, I would make it clear that it is AEG thats at fault here, and not RS. To me at least, thats important. That AEG has somehow managed to taint this glorious thing. I just still can not believe how they have managed that.

Thank you for the statement of support ......... cheers

Posted by: RobberBride ()
Date: April 6, 2013 11:58

marclaff
Here the message i just sent to rob :

Regards
Docteur Marc Laff

Love it! Docteur!
Good to meet you at the Pilot last time, hope to see you @ HP though. Somewhere at HP that is....

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516...LastNext
Current Page: 11 of 37

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1814
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home