Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 37
Re: SUMMARY - Confusion on "Seating Chart" at Hyde Park ! Rip-off for Diamond/T1 and Gold/T2 Tickets ?
Date: April 5, 2013 18:36

Its a joke, someone has hacked in and done this. That set up wouldn,t work as people at the sides wouldn,t see anything and the pinch point would be dangerous, manned by Grrrrrillas no doubt! Calm down i say, its Friday, but then its easy for me to say, my money is still in my pockets, where it is staying.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-05 18:36 by Captain Jack Sparrow.

Re: SUMMARY - Confusion on "Seating Chart" at Hyde Park ! Rip-off for Diamond/T1 and Gold/T2 Tickets ?
Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: April 5, 2013 18:37

Well, thing is, it was consistent with the previous tweets on "getting access to FOS with £95 ticket" as well as Rob's comments to The Standard so hacking is not an option, just a massive f*ck up!

Posted by: paulywaul ()

chriseganstar
I just rand AEG Hospitality (0207 757 7563) "enquiring" about the Bon Jovi/Stones packages and was told by a very helpful young lady that the map we've all been looking at is a fake one and that it is being rectified as we speak, and that Tier 1 is right beside (in front) of the stage with Tier 2 behind and GA Tier 3 behind that !! Also, they are doing the same deals for the 13th July show. Let's wait and see !!

Well if that is true, GOOD !! And that idiot Rob Hallett needs to issue a formal statement to counteract what he said to the Evening Standard, that the £95 ticket holders had access to the front of the stage. That was grossly misleading ............

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: chriseganstar ()

Well, it's driven me to drink.....I'm going to the pub early !!!

Satisfied since 1976

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: April 5, 2013 18:43

Jan Richards
Do I understand this correctly?
What Jagger says is basically that we who can afford to pay more for a ticket are not as good fans as those who cannot afford a £200+ ticket??
So lets put the boring rich guys on the side so that they can hang in the bar area.

Actually I find something admirable in that logic of Jagger's thinking...

Seriously, I think there actually is that sort of logic behind the solution. Most of the tickets in the most expensive categories will go to people who probably are just entering a "happening" via whatever channnel, and just privileged to be there, and I suppose there are lost of "hangers on" in London - without any deep fandom or anything. This is a general phemomenon in late day Stones concerts, and I suppose in London especially. I guess many of them don't even complain, or notice that teh area is in somewhere else, as far as the bar is close enough. Jagger wants more enthusiastic crowd to front him as that in his home town. you know, "The Stones in the Park" and everything...

The problem is -a VERY big problem - that among those people buying those expensive tickets are some die-hard fans who, no matter how rich or whatever they are, have put their hearts and money on tickets just to see the band close. It is them that are treated wrong.. they are the damn victims of this logic -

I really hope best for Jan and for you all others that there will be some kind of positive solution to this now. You really do deserve better.

- Doxa

Date: April 5, 2013 18:50

None of what you have posted in this thread makes any sense, this f*ck up is obviously not something Mick decided, stop trolling and go back into hibernation!

paulywaul
chriseganstar
I just rand AEG Hospitality (0207 757 7563) "enquiring" about the Bon Jovi/Stones packages and was told by a very helpful young lady that the map we've all been looking at is a fake one and that it is being rectified as we speak, and that Tier 1 is right beside (in front) of the stage with Tier 2 behind and GA Tier 3 behind that !! Also, they are doing the same deals for the 13th July show. Let's wait and see !!

Well if that is true, GOOD !! And that idiot Rob Hallett needs to issue a formal statement to counteract what he said to the Evening Standard, that the £95 ticket holders had access to the front of the stage. That was grossly misleading ............

A good thing it was all sold out if not some £95 ticket buyers might have a case "I bought a ticket because I was told that I would be FOS"...wait that's the chimp/chimpette posted on Twitter yesterday, uhuh...

I see BV has edited the title...his call naturally but I don't think it reflects the content of the thread properly, no one was complaining about the seating arrangements, the issue was/IS that there is a disconnect between the description of what was sold on the official web site and the promoter's and official RS Twitter's comments and the map that was posted there. I think the new title puts a negative spin on very legitimate concerns...not fair!

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-05 19:09 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: Rosalie ()
Date: April 5, 2013 19:06

Maybe - just maybe, there is space at the front of stage on the outsides of the Diamond Circle??

Re: Hyde Park "Seating Chart" compliants
Date: April 5, 2013 19:08

This is the response I got from Front Gate Tickets UK Support after I sent them the link to the layout posted on Twitter :

Christopher Egan
Subject: Rolling Stones stage layout

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
APR 05, 2013 | 04:03PM UTC
Drew @ Front Gate Tickets replied:

That is a general idea of the layout to the festival but there will be fenced off sections of each tier. An updated map will be posted on the festival's website closer to the event. Tier 1 will be in front of the stage, with 2 behind it and 3 behind it.

Regards,
Front Gate Tickets

Satisfied since 1976

Posted by: beepee2 ()
Date: April 5, 2013 19:08

Maybe the Diamond Circle is so tiny that it can't be displayed on a chart, and maybe the "Gold Circle" on the right is actually Mick Taylor.

Date: April 5, 2013 19:12

chriseganstar
This is the response I got from Front Gate Tickets UK Support after I sent them the link to the layout posted on Twitter :

Christopher Egan
Subject: Rolling Stones stage layout

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
APR 05, 2013 | 04:03PM UTC
Drew @ Front Gate Tickets replied:

That is a general idea of the layout to the festival but there will be fenced off sections of each tier. An updated map will be posted on the festival's website closer to the event. Tier 1 will be in front of the stage, with 2 behind it and 3 behind it.

Regards,
Front Gate Tickets

OK, crisis over ........... lets all buy Mr Christopher Egan a beer, he deserves it !! Thanks for posting that Chris ........ cool smiley cool smiley cool smiley

Date: April 5, 2013 19:16

In the Unwind Bar, of course !!!

Satisfied since 1976

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: April 5, 2013 19:19

How long will it take before the people who run Stones' twitter account realize they posted a fake layout?

Date: April 5, 2013 19:19

Good question, fake layout and fake comments as well! In any case the current replies are not satisfactory, what "updated map will be posted on the festival's website"? There is no map right now as far as I can tell, so there is no map to update! Besides weren't you told before that they were working on correcting the "fake" RS Twitter map ASAP? Are the £95 buyers still going to be led to believe by the promoter and the chimp/chimpette that they will be FOS? Doesn't seem fair to me either!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-05 19:21 by gotdablouse.

Date: April 5, 2013 19:28

gotdablouse
Good question, fake layout and fake comments as well! In any case the current replies are not satisfactory, what "updated map will be posted on the festival's website"? There is no map right now as far as I can tell, so there is no map to update! Besides weren't you told before that they were working on correcting the "fake" RS Twitter map ASAP? Are the £95 buyers still going to be led to believe by the promoter and the chimp/chimpette that they will be FOS? Doesn't seem fair to me either!

Yep, we need an unequivocal statement by the promoter, explaining precisely WHAT is true and WHAT is fake, and quite simply what the setup on the day is going to be. Nothing more, nothing less. And that information SHOULD have been given to people on the day of the first presales and not NOW - or whenever they decide to finally provide it, but WHEN IT WAS ACTUALLY NEEDED !!

I simply cannot believe that an organisation that sees fit to charge a member of the public £400 for something expects them to blindly accept such blatant misrepresentation of facts and to be treated with such overt contempt. It is pathetic ........

Talk about not being able to organise a piss up in a brewery or a f**k in a Parisian whorehouse, Christ Almighty !!

Posted by: nobodyimportant ()
Date: April 5, 2013 19:30

What worries me is that several people were asking for a map of the layout on BST Hyde Park facebook page, before any tickets went on sale - yet there was no reponse. Why not, unless they had something to hide? I just cannot understand why they would not put up a diagram from the beginning.

Also if the map on Twitter is fake, why don't they make a public statement, and reply to all those who have emailed. A standard reply would suffice to put our minds at rest.

Posted by: beepee2 ()
Date: April 5, 2013 19:32

Even this morning they sharted by posting the presale code without the code...

Date: April 5, 2013 19:33

gotdablouse

Yep, I was told they were correcting the map asap !!! asap is a relative term, of course !!! They have to break off from counting our money, which could be a little tiresome for them.

Satisfied since 1976

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: April 5, 2013 19:36

paulywaul
gotdablouse

Yep, we need an unequivocal statement by the promoter, explaining precisely WHAT is true and WHAT is fake, and quite simply what the setup on the day is going to be. Nothing more, nothing less. And that information SHOULD have been given to people on the day of the first presales and not NOW - or whenever they decide to finally provide it, but WHEN IT WAS ACTUALLY NEEDED !!

I simply cannot believe that an organisation that sees fit to charge a member of the public £400 for something expects them to blindly accept such blatant misrepresentation of facts and to be treated with such overt contempt. It is pathetic ........

Talk about not being able to organise a piss up in a brewery or a f**k in a Parisian whorehouse, Christ Almighty !!

You translate my feelings perfectly into words.
Thank you.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: April 5, 2013 19:41

If it is fake and if they are going to post an updated layout "nearer the time" (why not now?), then they they should give some satisfaction and end the confusion by making a public announcement to that effect. And an apology and explanation for the cock-up wouldn't go amiss either.

I don't buy the "fake" story. Don't they employ people who read/check tweets (whether genuine or false) coming from the Rolling Stones twitter account?? Either way, it boils down to what is euphemistically called "human error" - and an inexcusable one in this case.

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: April 5, 2013 19:42

Now Ticketmaster has removed the original layout from their site.

[www.ticketmaster.co.uk]

Date: April 5, 2013 19:46

Beast
If it is fake and if they are going to post an updated layout "nearer the time" (why not now?), then they they should give some satisfaction and end the confusion by making a public announcement to that effect. And an apology and explanation for the cock-up wouldn't go amiss either.

I don't buy the "fake" story. Don't they employ people who read/check tweets (whether genuine or false) coming from the Rolling Stones twitter account?? Either way, it boils down to what is euphemistically called "human error" - and an inexcusable one in this case.

Incompetence springs to mind !!

Satisfied since 1976

Posted by: rubyT ()
Date: April 5, 2013 19:47

what about the expensive package for 2 nights ? Bon Jovi's show in a diamond circle and the day after, the Stones'show with a simple GA, far from the stage? I don't think people who paid for that would appreciate... it can't work like that

@ nobodyimportant: I'm 5'1" too, that's why I have to pay the price if I want to see something...I understand your concern...

Posted by: rebelrebel ()
Date: April 5, 2013 19:54

paulywaul
People,

Just a thought, but is it possible that the diamond tier 1 & gold tier 2 area are actually located in front of the stage and accessed with a walkway from the bar/grandstand areas, which would mean in effect that the front of the GA tier 3 ticket area is not right up in front of the stage, it's behind the gold as was originally thought by all of us who went with the tier 1 tickets ?

I'm just wondering, if looking at the new layout diagram, whether they simply haven't drawn in the actually diamond/gold areas slap bang in front of the stage, and accessible by a specific walkway of sorts ?

What think we ?

Apologies if the point has been made as I haven't got through the whole thread yet but the basic Tier 1 & 2 tickets did NOT include access to the Hospitality tents or bars so that wouldn't work. If GA Tier 3 is behind undrawn Tier 1 & 2 areas then the claim that they would have access to the very front doesn't hold up. The Bon Jovi layout would be the only one that works.

Date: April 5, 2013 19:56

I think it was better organised in 1969....just turn up and enjoy the gig!

Posted by: lmatth8461 ()
Date: April 5, 2013 20:00

Hospitality packages of up to £300 had prompted disgruntlement among fans after the concert was announced. But Mr Hallett promised that anyone who has secured the basic £95 ticket will be able to get a ringside view on July 6.

“The band wanted the regular ticket-holders to be right at the front of the stage staring at the whites of their eyes, not 200 yards away,” he said.

“The people who have coughed up for hospitality packages will get looked after in a way they have never known before. But when the doors open, if you can run faster than the next guy, it will be like any other general admission gig.”

Hmmm...I wonder how true this will turn out to be in the final analysis...

Posted by: mariannerl ()
Date: April 5, 2013 20:01

Manofwealthandtaste
I think it was better organised in 1969....just turn up and enjoy the gig!

And no ticket price discussions at all

Date: April 5, 2013 20:14

beepee2
paulywaul
One more thought. It IS possible that they're NOT going to segregate the GA area, but that what they might offer the tier 1 ticket holders is an opportunity to enter the GA area EARLIER than tier 2 people,

Hmmm you mean, GA tier 3 opens door at 2PM, so tier 2 and tier 1 will have what they paid for by having access at 10 AM ? yawning smiley

And then not be able to move for fear of losing their place? So what becomes of the bar and relaxation tent? No, sorry, it doesn't add up. The only thing that makes sense of the descriptions given before (and while) selling is the layout we thought we were getting.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: April 5, 2013 20:15

chriseganstar
In the Unwind Bar, of course !!!

Too expensive, sorry! grinning smiley

Thanks for your efforts!

Date: April 5, 2013 20:19

chriseganstar

Thanks for ringing and for letting us know. I still haven't finished reading this thread! But I thought straight away how the hell are they going to use the same pricing structure for the 13th if this is what you get? So, do I complain to them or not? Unless there's something official within the next hour or two I think I will just to keep up momentum. WTF is the OFFICIAL Stones Twitter account doing if it turns out this is all untrue? (And God knows, that is the only rational outcome to this.) What a farce!

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: April 5, 2013 20:22

I think they will have to clear it up before
the same starts again for the 13th.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 37

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2049
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home