Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 37
Re: SUMMARY - Confusion on "Seating Chart" at Hyde Park ! Rip-off for Diamond and Gold Tix ?
Posted by: Beast ()
Date: April 5, 2013 15:50

Rolling Hansie
gotdablouse
Whatever way you look at the descriptions, they can't be twisted into fitting that plan :

GA Tier 1 – access to the area directly in front of the stage
GA Tier 2 – access to an area closer to the stage than general admission
GA Tier 3 – access to the main spectator area

Yes, they can.
When you look at the picture you see white blocks from the hospitality area and the gold circle to the general admission section. I assume these are gates where you can enter the general admission area.
So technically you have access to the area directly in front of the stage.

So how do you justify tier 2 = "access to an area closer to the stage than general admission"?????

Re: Confusion on "Seating Chart" at Hyde Park ! Rip-off for Diamond and Gold ?
Posted by: rubyT ()
Date: April 5, 2013 15:51

nobodyimportant
I don't want my money back though - I want what I paid for!

They will have to revert to the earlier configuration, surely? Still allows Tier 3 people to get to the front, albeit at the sides.

i agree with you!!

Re: SUMMARY - Confusion on "Seating Chart" at Hyde Park ! Rip-off for Diamond and Gold Tix ?
Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: April 5, 2013 15:51

@paulywaul and Best - yes that cannot "fly", besides, you would still have the problem that there is no difference between T1 and T2 in that case, unless T2 is in fact the "Unwind Bacstage Bar" and T1 the "Full Hospitality" (free drinks), but that's not what they sold.

They were also selling some "hospitality" packages which were totally different from the "Unwind Backstage Bar".

It's mind boggling that AEG could have let this mess happen, I bet Mick is absolutely furious about this...it's not like they needed a "Stones rip-off their most die-hard fans" controversy with the existing "price controversy" !

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-05 15:54 by gotdablouse.

Re: SUMMARY - Confusion on "Seating Chart" at Hyde Park ! Rip-off for Diamond/T1 and Gold/T2 Tickets ?
Date: April 5, 2013 15:52

Also - there WAS a layout on Ticketmaster, right?? So anyone who bought tickets on there this morning would have been going by that layout - which does not conform to the new layout. So that is mis-selling.

Re: SUMMARY - Confusion on "Seating Chart" at Hyde Park ! Rip-off for Diamond/T1 and Gold/T2 Tickets ?
Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: April 5, 2013 15:52

paulywaul
Pasted in from the HP planning thread, to keep things in the correct thread ........

thunderball

Christos

In my humble opinion, golden, platinum, diamond, etc circles are ridiculous for a rock n roll band. Being closer to the stage should be a matter of how early you arrive, not how much money you can afford to spend.

Totally agree. thumbs up

Yes perhaps, but if at the time and point of sale it clearly states that there are such arrangements, then at the very least they should exist as described. This is not the case here, it is a case of blatant deceit !!

Whether or not you think there should or should not be such layout is immaterial, the fact of the matter is that tickets were sold WITHOUT a layout diagram, but WITH a written description of what money bought what ticket and WHERE !!

What has happened now is that with release of the layout diagram, it is clear that the written description of the different ticket price categories was misleading, in fact it was WHOLLY INACCURATE.

THAT .... is fraud. THAT .... is wilful deceit, THAT .... is unacceptable.

Also written in the hyde park section, to be fair this article was written well before the twitter ground map went on. saying that i agree with the both of you, its not rock and roll anymore, but if you pay for a higher standard of ticket and seating/viewing then thats what you should get.

I have a £95 and would be content to stand at the back and listen to them, thats what i paid for.

Posted by: beepee2 ()
Date: April 5, 2013 15:53

So yesterday when I was about to buy and my crap Santander account rejected my purchase and then disabled my debit card because "it may have been compromised", maybe they were actually right and protecting me from a fraud.grinning smiley

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: April 5, 2013 15:56

beepee2
If the Stones were an airline company, the business and the first class would have the smaller seats.
Thats ryan air.

Posted by: belo99 ()
Date: April 5, 2013 15:56

If this lay out is true they f.. all those who paid more than GA ! I want to change to GA and they have to give my money back !

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: April 5, 2013 15:57

Beast
Also - there WAS a layout on Ticketmaster, right?? So anyone who bought tickets on there this morning would have been going by that layout - which does not conform to the new layout. So that is mis-selling.

Here it is again, really a totally different thing:

Date: April 5, 2013 15:59

I can't understand how several ticket sellers (AEG, BST, Ticketmaster) would ALL have a plan which is different from the Stones' plan, and why they would release this one just minutes after the sales are finished, this just doesn't make any sense...

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: April 5, 2013 15:59

paulywaul
Rolling Hansie
gotdablouse
Whatever way you look at the descriptions, they can't be twisted into fitting that plan :

Yes, they can.
When you look at the picture you see white blocks from the hospitality area and the gold circle to the general admission section. I assume these are gates where you can enter the general admission area.
So technically you have access to the area directly in front of the stage.

OK, you might have ACCESS. But - what you do not have under the present schematic is anything that differentiates your £399 (or £299 if you exclude the backstage bar facility) from someone else's £95, THAT's what the complaint is !!

So, you'll get to mingle with the unwashed multitudes down front. Big deal.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: April 5, 2013 16:00

TooTough
Are you their lawyer?

No

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: April 5, 2013 16:05

beepee2
I can't understand how several ticket sellers (AEG, BST, Ticketmaster) would ALL have a plan which is different from the Stones' plan, and why they would release this one just minutes after the sales are finished, this just doesn't make any sense...

I agree, completely mind-boggling, how could AEG let this happen ?!

Posted by: MGetzner ()
Date: April 5, 2013 16:06

I suggest many of us write to AEG and bst-hydepark (i think, in these days, tis could be called "shit storm"). I would not have bought Tier 2 if the layout and description would have been different.

Posted by: rubyT ()
Date: April 5, 2013 16:07

in fact we all bought GA but we paid for a different access !! may be that's what we should have understood !!! very confusing...

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: April 5, 2013 16:10

As things stand, either that plan is wrong or the descriptions are wrong, and we need an explanation. Is it possible that the areas for higher prices might be seating of some kind? Even so, they are not "nearer than GA" as described.

What a mess.

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: April 5, 2013 16:11

rubyT
in fact we all bought GA but we paid for a different access !! may be that's what we should have understood !!! very confusing...

In fact, all who bought Tier 1 & 2 tickets were #¤%&#%/&#.

Date: April 5, 2013 16:12

rubyT

Well, everyone is GA indeed... but how do you account for "access to an area closer to the stage" ... ?

And in that case, what does it mean to have the Barclays Unwind Gold Circle , which is a Gold Circle, but NOT a General Admission ?

Date: April 5, 2013 16:12

gotdablouse
@paulywaul and Beast - yes that cannot "fly", besides, you would still have the problem that there is no difference between T1 and T2 in that case, unless T2 is in fact the "Unwind Bacstage Bar" and T1 the "Full Hospitality" (free drinks), but that's not what they sold.

They were also selling some "hospitality" packages which were totally different from the "Unwind Backstage Bar".

It's mind boggling that AEG could have let this mess happen, I bet Mick is absolutely furious about this...it's not like they needed a "Stones rip-off their most die-hard fans" controversy with the existing "price controversy" !

Very good points. Anyone recall What was "included" under the T2 ticket to differentiate it from T1??

Posted by: Sister Marie ()
Date: April 5, 2013 16:13

Bah if they "open" the doors from the reserved areas just before people enter in the GA far away from the stage, the word "access" makes sense. I think it's a question of time.
?
Probably the reason why the newspaper wrote this thing about the running to the front row.
I have a T3 tix and I am sure to not be able to get to the front.

Date: April 5, 2013 16:13

Message for AEG, BST and the Stones:

Date: April 5, 2013 16:14

TooTough
Beast

Here it is again, really a totally different thing:

Notice the get-out clause at the bottom of that layout diagram. They ain't known as Ticketbastard for nothing.

Date: April 5, 2013 16:14

Good catch, TM is not at fault there though, it's AEG and/or the Stones. I wonder what the fine print on our BST receipt says...let's take a look!

I Just noticed the "Gold Circle" on the map posted on the Stones' twitter, which isn't something they sold, only GA, GA/T2, GA/T1...

Anyway I've been adding info and screen captures to the first page, anyone see something that should be added?

At this point it seems their only reasonable option is to revert to what they sold if not that concert is going to be blocked by lawsuits coming left and right!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-05 16:16 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: thunderball ()
Date: April 5, 2013 16:16

paulywaul
Pasted in from the HP planning thread, to keep things in the correct thread ........

thunderball

Christos

In my humble opinion, golden, platinum, diamond, etc circles are ridiculous for a rock n roll band. Being closer to the stage should be a matter of how early you arrive, not how much money you can afford to spend.

Totally agree. thumbs up

Yes perhaps, but if at the time and point of sale it clearly states that there are such arrangements, then at the very least they should exist as described. This is not the case here, it is a case of blatant deceit !!

Whether or not you think there should or should not be such layout is immaterial, the fact of the matter is that tickets were sold WITHOUT a layout diagram, but WITH a written description of what money bought what ticket and WHERE !!

What has happened now is that with release of the layout diagram, it is clear that the written description of the different ticket price categories was misleading, in fact it was WHOLLY INACCURATE.

THAT .... is fraud. THAT .... is wilful deceit, THAT .... is unacceptable.

Can you get your facts right before posting. Regurgitating a comment made before the layout was tweeted, at this time, makes me look like I don't give a s**t about all those who have dug deep. You talk about misleading. What you have done is misleading and inappropriate. Quite frankly you are out of order. Disappointed.

Posted by: nobodyimportant ()

Beast

That layout was up on Ticketmaster yesterday. As they are one of the ticket agents, it was reasonable to assume that the plan was correct even if you then bought through another agent.

Sister Marie
Bah if they "open" the doors from the reserved areas just before people enter in the GA far away from the stage, the word "access" makes sense. I think it's a question of time.
?
Probably the reason why the newspaper wrote this thing about the running to the front row.

That still doesn't make sense, because the barclays unwind have acces to T1, T2 or T3 and can go to the bar and come back... meaning you can leave your spot and come back.

"Barclarycard Unwind Backstage Bar Package with GA Tier 1 access (access to the area directly in front of the stage)

Barclaycard Unwind Backstage Bar Package with GA Tier 2 access (access to an area closer to the stage than general admission)"

Date: April 5, 2013 16:19

I don't think TM can be faulted here, they just drew up what the descriptions on the official festival site said. These descriptions are the crux of the matter here, and here they are again :

FIRST POST UPDATED ! Holler if you see anything that should be added!

Date: April 5, 2013 16:20

The AEG person interviewed is Rob Hallett

He has a LinkedIn account [www.linkedin.com]

And a Twitter.

Posted by: nobodyimportant ()
Date: April 5, 2013 16:23

beepee2
Sister Marie
?

That still doesn't make sense, because the barclays unwind have acces to T1, T2 or T3 and can go to the bar and come back... meaning you can leave your spot and come back.

"Barclarycard Unwind Backstage Bar Package with GA Tier 1 access (access to the area directly in front of the stage)

Barclaycard Unwind Backstage Bar Package with GA Tier 2 access (access to an area closer to the stage than general admission)"

No, it doesn't make any sense, because people will arrive throughout the day. One reason for buying the gc/dc tickets is so as not to have to turn up early.

I was hoping to be able to wander round and take in some of the acts on other stages, and be able to come back to a spot reasonably near the front. I'm going alone so will have no one to keep a place for me. sad smiley

Posted by: xke38 ()
Date: April 5, 2013 16:25

Tier 1, 2 and 3 are all GA, so maybe the plan just doesn't show the differentiation between the three zones.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 37

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2289
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home