Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 37
Re: SUMMARY - Confusion on "Seating Chart" at Hyde Park ! Rip-off for Diamond/T1 and Gold/T2 Tickets ?
Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: April 5, 2013 17:31

Yep, seems like a tall order...especially since they'd need to protect the "tongue pit" from a huge crowd...in which case they might resurrect the Superbowl tongue which was a lot higher than at the O2.

So paulywaul, do you think the intern at AEG/chimp on twitter meant to type "Unwind Backstage Bar" instead of "Gold Circle", then it could make sense!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-05 17:33 by gotdablouse.

Re: SUMMARY - Confusion on "Seating Chart" at Hyde Park ! Rip-off for Diamond/T1 and Gold/T2 Tickets ?
Posted by: Jan Richards ()
Date: April 5, 2013 17:33

Do I understand this correctly?
What Jagger says is basically that we who can afford to pay more for a ticket are not as good fans as those who cannot afford a £200+ ticket??
So lets put the boring rich guys on the side so that they can hang in the bar area.

Wohooo...

I have been following this page for the past 10 years or so and mostly just ignored all bad vibes about ticket prices, set lists and so on. I love Stones and I do not mind to pay a bit more to get to see them and I love the warhorse songs.

But this is too much. I never ever thought that a day would come when I would start to challenge my dedication for the Greatest Band Of All Times. That day has now arrived. Jagger is amazing, he can still surprise me after 50 years of rock'n and roll, this time in a very very negative way.

Looks like I am in for my very last Stones gig ever.

Jan Richards

[www.stonesondecca.com]

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: April 5, 2013 17:33

nobodyimportant
Green Lady
I'll admit to just a touch of malicious glee that for once the toffs might not have managed to hog all the goodies by waving fistfuls of fivers - but there's probably some explanation that isn't obvious from the "bottleneck" diagram. Anyway, I got what I paid for!

I'm no "toff", I've been saving up for this after not being able to afford the O2 last year.

I went to HRC last year and couldn't see a damn thing cos I'm only 5'1". I just wanted a safe place to stand where I could see the stage, not have to stand there for hours, and be able to go in and out without losing my spot. I'm going alone and don't have anyone to keep a place for me.

I thought you were another GA person - and I can see your point, being very short myself and also going alone. If things have been as badly misrepresented as it appears, of course people have been misled and this needs to be sorted out. I'm sorry if I've offended you - I should have put one of those damn silly smileys on my post.

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: April 5, 2013 17:34

Why do some have the assumption that only rich people were able to buy Tier 1 & 2 tickets? I had to borrow money from a friend. And had I seen the layout beforehand, I would certainly have bought a regular GA ticket and saved £100 for air fares.

Posted by: beepee2 ()
Date: April 5, 2013 17:35

I didn't know that in order to qualify as a "rich", you had to be able to afford a 199pounds Stones ticket...

Posted by: thunderball ()
Date: April 5, 2013 17:35

nobodyimportant
Green Lady
I'll admit to just a touch of malicious glee that for once the toffs might not have managed to hog all the goodies by waving fistfuls of fivers - but there's probably some explanation that isn't obvious from the "bottleneck" diagram. Anyway, I got what I paid for!

I'm no "toff", I've been saving up for this after not being able to afford the O2 last year.

I went to HRC last year and couldn't see a damn thing cos I'm only 5'1". I just wanted a safe place to stand where I could see the stage, not have to stand there for hours, and be able to go in and out without losing my spot. I'm going alone and don't have anyone to keep a place for me.

I understand your situation. I hope everything works out okay for you.

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: April 5, 2013 17:36

Emails to "rob" (how appropriate) bouncing straight back.

set of bastards.

scuk

Date: April 5, 2013 17:37

straycatuk

set of bastards.

scuk

I haven't had an answer. I guess he's getting more annoyed with the later emails as I emailed pretty early. grinning smiley

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: April 5, 2013 17:41

I will not edit that post - I will leave it there as a permanent record of just what a stupid spiteful cow I am. I will be taking no further part in these discussions.

Date: April 5, 2013 17:42

It seems my email to Rob went through, let's see...yep, you do have rob@aeglive.co.uk right, it got clipped in my quote on the previous page.

Posted by: MGetzner ()
Date: April 5, 2013 17:44

beepee2
straycatuk

set of bastards.

scuk

I haven't had an answer. I guess he's getting more annoyed with the later emails as I emailed pretty early. grinning smiley

Mine went through (half an hour ago), though, no answer yetconfused smiley

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: April 5, 2013 17:45

Jan Richards
. Jagger is amazing, he can still surprise me after 50 years of rock'n and roll, this time in a very very negative way.

Looks like I am in for my very last Stones gig ever.

I am as pissed off as you are, but I don't think it's fair to only blame Mick Jagger when it comes to stuff like this.
Maybe he wasn't even aware of this...ok, now I'm probably too naive...but still...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-05 17:46 by BowieStone.

Date: April 5, 2013 17:48

Didn't Mick tell RS last year that he wanted to call the tour "F.uck Off"...sounds like it to me ;-)

I wonder who broke the news to him...how long until someone posts a YouTube spoof along the lines of "H. is informed that Rolling Stones rip off their most die-hard fans", for those who don't know these hilarious spoofs, here is a good one : linky

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-05 17:54 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: April 5, 2013 17:48

straycatuk

set of bastards.

scuk

Mine didn't bounce back. I sent it a while ago - maybe his inbox is now so inundated that it can't cope any more LOL...

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: April 5, 2013 17:55

You know, if we are to be consistent, and stick to BV's rules, shouldn't there be a thread of its own to "complaints"?

Just a remark...

- Doxa

Date: April 5, 2013 17:57

Doxa
You know, if we are to be consistent, and stick to BV's rules, shouldn't there be a thread of its own to "complaints"?

Just a remark...

- Doxa

This is not a thread of complaints about the prices.
But about what appears to be a fraud.

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: April 5, 2013 17:58

Don't tempt me..............................

Posted by: lmatth8461 ()
Date: April 5, 2013 18:02

As I understand it, this is just one of a series of gigs in Hyde Park, with major bands playing the main stage over two consecutive Fri/Sat/Sun slots. Therefore the order would appear to be as follows:

5th July Bon Jovi
6th July Stones
7th July unknown

12th July unknown
13th July Stones
14th July unknown

Does it not seem an unreasonable assumption that the stage would be set up for the festival itself, rather than any specific band? If this is the case, then surely it will be the same throughout...if the Stones have a specific stage to use, that means a fair bit of dismantling after every show. I'm not saying this is unfeasible, but it sounds more likely that the stage will be in place for the duration. If the tongue does come out, I guess that's a stand-alone structure that can be put up without disrupting the main stage? That still doesn't tally with the tweeted picture, of course, which I still find hard to believe...

Lee

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: April 5, 2013 18:08

The Worst.
Doxa

Just a remark...

- Doxa

This is not a thread of complaints about the prices.
But about what appears to be a fraud.

No, it is supposed to be about anything to complain about (so - no complaints allowed out of it). I don't critizise at all the existence of this thread - and it considers one of the ugliest gestures the Stones have ever done to their most loyal fans. I just hate the basic idea that there is only one thread where one can "complain". So my remark was a criticism against that very thread, not this one. This thread is thoroughly justified - even though some people here don't seem to get my sarcasm, but I understand, taking the heat of moment...

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-05 18:10 by Doxa.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: April 5, 2013 18:09

gotdablouse
Yep, seems like a tall order...especially since they'd need to protect the "tongue pit" from a huge crowd...in which case they might resurrect the Superbowl tongue which was a lot higher than at the O2.

So paulywaul, do you think the intern at AEG/chimp on twitter meant to type "Unwind Backstage Bar" instead of "Gold Circle", then it could make sense!

Taking everything into consideration, I'm thinking that perhaps there might be some form of "segregation" at the front end of the GA area, in other words it actually WILL be as described at the point of sale. Tier 1 nearest the stage, behind that tier 2, behind that tier 3.

The confusion stems from the fact that none of this is represented on that layout diagram that Twitter released. If you think about it, there were tier 1 and tier 2 backstage bar packages sold, so that means that there MUST be access between the backstage facilities and the ground in front of the stage. The other factor that introduced a major degree of confusion was AEG's Rob Hallet's statement that tier 3 (£95) ticket holders will be able to access the front of the stage area. If you were to give him the benefit of the doubt, you would say that he hadn't thought this statement out properly and that in fact what he should have said was that there were three tiers of GA tickets, and that 1 was closest, 2 was behind that, and 3 was behind that in turn.

IF there isn't, then the description of the tier 1 and tier 2 locations at the point of sale and time of sale was FALSE, 100 percent FALSE. and the result will be a shitstorm. There's one brewing on this thread right now, and if Mr Rob Hallett of AEG doesn't get his arse in gear pretty dam quick and reply to all these e-mails people are sending him, there will be an uncontrollable shitstorm.

One more thought. It IS possible that they're NOT going to segregate the GA area, but that what they might offer the tier 1 ticket holders is an opportunity to enter the GA area EARLIER than tier 2 people, and then last of all - the tier 3 people. That AT LEAST would give you something for the money you had paid. If they don't provide something that differentiates £399 from £95, one thing is guaranteed - there WILL be a shitstorm and people WILL go to the press and complain.

Personally, I've written to Rob Hallett at AEG. One thing for sure, if he cannot be shagged to pen a reply to me, then I most certainly will give consideration to going to a TV channel with it - as a story. It's bollocks, the whole thing. Live entertainment should NOT involve such mis-selling, such incompetence, and such deceit. If any of us exhibited such a carry-on in our day to daY professions, we'd have been out of jobs years ago. It's a nonsense.

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Date: April 5, 2013 18:16

paulywaul
One more thought. It IS possible that they're NOT going to segregate the GA area, but that what they might offer the tier 1 ticket holders is an opportunity to enter the GA area EARLIER than tier 2 people,

Hmmm you mean, GA tier 3 opens door at 2PM, so tier 2 and tier 1 will have what they paid for by having access at 10 AM ? yawning smiley

Posted by: chriseganstar ()
Date: April 5, 2013 18:17

I just rand AEG Hospitality (0207 757 7563) "enquiring" about the Bon Jovi/Stones packages and was told by a very helpful young lady that the map we've all been looking at is a fake one and that it is being rectified as we speak, and that Tier 1 is right beside (in front) of the stage with Tier 2 behind and GA Tier 3 behind that !! Also, they are doing the same deals for the 13th July show. Let's wait and see !!

Satisfied since 1976

Posted by: MRambler ()
Date: April 5, 2013 18:17

I'm speechless.
I bought yesterday Tier 2 ticket for my first Stones gig ever.
The price is very high (+travel costs from Finland) but I was willing to pay it to see the Stones live.

This is a once in a lifetime situation to me and I wanted to guarantee that I can actually see the boys from decent distance.

Ticket descriptions and that new map just doesn't match!

GA Tier 3 – access to the main spectator area
GA Tier 2 – access to an area closer to the stage than general admission
GA Tier 1 – access to the area directly in front of the stage

I don't want any money back but I want what I paid for FFS!

Date: April 5, 2013 18:19

chriseganstar
I just rand AEG Hospitality (0207 757 7563) "enquiring" about the Bon Jovi/Stones packages and was told by a very helpful young lady that the map we've all been looking at is a fake one and that it is being rectified as we speak, and that Tier 1 is right beside (in front) of the stage with Tier 2 behind and GA Tier 3 behind that !! Also, they are doing the same deals for the 13th July show. Let's wait and see !!

Ok... so someone at the Stones Company sharted. grinning smiley

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: April 5, 2013 18:22

paulywaul
One more thought. It IS possible that they're NOT going to segregate the GA area, but that what they might offer the tier 1 ticket holders is an opportunity to enter the GA area EARLIER than tier 2 people, and then last of all - the tier 3 people. That AT LEAST would give you something for the money you had paid. If they don't provide something that differentiates £399 from £95, one thing is guaranteed - there WILL be a shitstorm and people WILL go to the press and complain.

I don't even want to consider that as a solution.
The main reason why I bought more expensive tickets is that I can walk in 5 minutes before the stones hit the stage and have a nice place.

Date: April 5, 2013 18:29

chriseganstar

Thank you for that information.
Makes you wonder who the f*ck controls Stones' twitter acount.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: April 5, 2013 18:30

beepee2
paulywaul
One more thought. It IS possible that they're NOT going to segregate the GA area, but that what they might offer the tier 1 ticket holders is an opportunity to enter the GA area EARLIER than tier 2 people,

Hmmm you mean, GA tier 3 opens door at 2PM, so tier 2 and tier 1 will have what they paid for by having access at 10 AM ? yawning smiley

WELL I guess so, something like that. I mean think about it. WHAT, under our current understanding of the layout from that diagram they issued on Twitter, are they offering to differentiate a £299 ticket from a £95 ticket ? I say a £299 ticket, because the £399 ticket is a £299 tier 1 - just with bar access added on.

If it isn't location, it has to be something else. Timing ? Earlier access ?

I really do not know ?

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Date: April 5, 2013 18:32

Good news chriseganstar, thanks for sharing. Did they actually used the term "fake" for the map posted by the chimp on Twitter ?! Or did they say "false"? In any case someone is going to get their ass kicked over there, well deserved I might add given the aggravation they've given us! I wonder if it's the same person who was posting on it last year at the Trabendo and at the O2...wouldn't like to be in her shoes!

Assuming the current map is "work in progress" and not final, the logical "cut-off between GA and GA/T2 would be "at the bottleneck level and then somewhere in the front for T1/T2...but then how would that reconcile with Rob's and the Chimp's Twitter statements that £95 would take to FOS? The original BJ setup was fairer I'd say and could have accommodated the tongue catwalk possibly...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-05 18:35 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: arc-angel ()
Date: April 5, 2013 18:34

The Worst.
chriseganstar

Thank you for that information.
Makes you wonder who the f*ck controls Stones' twitter acount.

... hacked by anonymous or a test to scare the ticket scalpers ?? - to be honest (after calming down a little bit) the plan looks very unprofessional - so, not the style like the promotions for that tour?

Posted by: chriseganstar ()
Date: April 5, 2013 18:36

gotdablouse
Good news chriseganstar, thanks for sharing. Did they actually used the term "fake" for the map posted by the chimp on Twitter ?! Or did they say "false"? In any case someone is going to get their ass kicked over there, well deserved I might add given the aggravation they've given us!

Assuming the current map is "work in progress" and not final, the logical "cut-off between GA and GA/T2 would be "at the bottleneck level and then somewhere in the front for T1/T2...but then how would that reconcile with Rob's and the Chimp's Twitter statements that £95 would take to FOS? The original BJ setup was fairer I'd say and could have accommodated the tongue catwalk possibly...

Fake was the word used ! Interestingly, Viagogo and Seatwave are showing the map we've all been expecting re. Tiers 1,2 and 3.

Satisfied since 1976

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 37

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2173
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home