Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112...LastNext
Current Page: 7 of 37
Re: Confusion over Hyde Park "Seating Chart" - UPDATED
Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: April 5, 2013 21:33

RoughJusticeOnYa
Not a fake at all...

This is what I just received from dear mr. Rob:

[...]

...My reply:

Hello,

Thanx for the answer –
But I have tix for Tier 2; not Tier 1…
And you have to admit that this stuff is getting very confusing.

Were are we gonna stand?! Please publish a final map ‘asap’, because everybody (as you may have noticed) is getting very, very nervous – and rightfully so, wouldn’t you say?
After spending 199 to 299 £ on a single ticket, everybody should at least be fully informed & aware of what their purchase has brought them…
…In fact: we should have had a clear idea about that before we had to purchase. (And I’m picking my words carefully, here.)

I’m sure there’s laws about these things – in the UK as well, I mean. I’ll be happy to find out more about that!
You didn’t post a ‘seating chart’ before the sale went on (which is rather inexcusable; especially in view of this turmoil right now); which you should have done. A clear-cut case of withholding vital product information. And then there’s the description you gave the 3 ticket categories – this is what all of us based our purchase on:

A Tier 1 – access to the area directly in front of the stage
GA Tier 2 – access to an area closer to the stage than general admission
GA Tier 3 – access to the main spectator area

If these descriptions appear to be false, in any possible way, then this is a case of blatantly misleading the customer, on top of it.

So you (all) have to do better than offering a downgrade and/or refund… Don’t you think??

P.S.: I will decide what to do with these two (Tier 2) tix as soon as I have a clear idea about what exactly my ticket offers me, and in what way this compensates for the surcharge of +/- 105 £ (compared to the regular GA tix at 95 £, I mean). I won’t be pushed nor rushed into such an arbitrary “within 3 days” time-frame.

Kind regards,

Posted by: beepee2 ()
Date: April 5, 2013 21:34

Yes but they wont squeeze GC into DC... only solution is to redraw this shitty map with someone who is sober.

Posted by: samunknown ()
Date: April 5, 2013 21:38

The Worst.
This is an excerpt from the layout mr. Hallett sent me on email:

how is this possible? it seems so weird. why can't they just tell us what kind of stage The Stones will be using? then it might make sense how this works.
I hope the second show will be announced soon and i hope before they put those on sale, it will be clear how it works.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: April 5, 2013 21:41

samunknown
The Worst.
This is an excerpt from the layout mr. Hallett sent me on email:

how is this possible? it seems so weird. why can't they just tell us what kind of stage The Stones will be using? then it might make sense how this works.
I hope the second show will be announced soon and i hope before they put those on sale, it will be clear how it works.

That's a lot of hoping sam...a lot...

Re: SUMMARY - Confusion on "Seating Chart" at Hyde Park ! Rip-off for Diamond/T1 and Gold/T2 Tickets ?
Posted by: Christos ()

(deleted)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-05 21:46 by Christos.

Posted by: Adams ()

hehe, how do you get from Tier 1 and Tier 2 to Hospitality areas? It seems they want to avoid any visits there smiling smiley

Date: April 5, 2013 21:42

Isnt it weird that they offer downgrades to T1 while it's supposedly sold out ??

Posted by: CaledonianGonzo ()
Date: April 5, 2013 21:42

I think I might take the money back (not that I've got my email yet, mind).

I've got tickets to see them at Glastonbury the week before, so the thought of paying nearly 900 BLOODY QUID and still being taken for a muppet and crammed into a shoddy, neck-cricking corner is boiling my p1ss.

What the actual fukc!?

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: April 5, 2013 21:46

Forget all other layout drawings, THIS IS THE REVISED ONE FROM AEG.

It's a con. £399 for (a) a side view, and (b) a walk right out of the area to a bar BEHIND the stage.

Forget it, they can rethink their plans. They're f***ing nuts if they think people are just going to blindly accept this level of misdescription and deceit. If they had described Tier 1 tickets accurately, I would have bought Tier 3 and be doing what I did at the Isle of Wight, turn up early and run like shit to the front and get a spot on the rail.

Bjornulf ...................... HELP !!!

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: April 5, 2013 21:48

Well. That map is what it's going to be and will not change as I just got this answer:

Dear Mr H

The site plan is settled and will not change
We can not be responsible for any posts by third party agents such as ticketmaster

Please advise if you would like a full refund or downgrade

Apologies if you feel conned, I can assure you this was never the attention hence the remedies offered

Sincerely

Rob Hallett

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: April 5, 2013 21:49

I got the same stock e-mail reply from Mr. Rob Hallett, too, which in no way answered the questions I put to him in my e-mail. So he is about to get another e-mail from me pressing him for exact answers instead of his attempts to pull the wool over our eyes. And what he says (or doesn't say) does not tally with what Chris Eganstar was told by AEG Hospitality. A case of the right hand not knowing what the left hand is doing.

Date: April 5, 2013 21:52

@#$%& my life !!!

I've had a friend buying extra tickets for me.

1- they wont refund the extra fees
2- people have booked planes
3- this is fraudulent selling and false product description

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: April 5, 2013 21:52

Adams
hehe, how do you get from Tier 1 and Tier 2 to Hospitality areas? It seems they want to avoid any visits there smiling smiley

Hope this larger map helps:

Posted by: Christos ()
Date: April 5, 2013 21:53

I can see front-row GA ticket holders pulling faces to T1 and T2 people...

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: April 5, 2013 21:55

BowieStone
Well. That map is what it's going to be and will not change as I just got this answer:

Dear Mr H

We can not be responsible for any posts by third party agents such as ticketmaster

Apologies if you feel conned, I can assure you this was never the attention hence the remedies offered

Sincerely

Rob Hallett

Unacceptable answer, because TM are the least of the problem here, although their seating plan also was wholly inaccurate too - I have to say. But the biggest inaccuracy of all was in the wording on the BST website itself, the wording that clearly stated that Tier 1 tickets would position you "directly in front of the stage".

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: chriseganstar ()
Date: April 5, 2013 21:55

Beast
I got the same stock e-mail reply from Mr. Rob Hallett, too, which in no way answered the questions I put to him in my e-mail. So he is about to get another e-mail from me pressing him for exact answers instead of his attempts to pull the wool over our eyes. And what he says (or doesn't say) does not tally with what Chris Eganstar was told by AEG Hospitality. A case of the right hand not knowing what the left hand is doing.

Absolutely f---ing right. I cannot believe what a cock-up this is, and to be told earlier a direct contradiction from AEG hospitality is outrageous. I should have had the foresight to have taped the call ! For Tier 2 tickets it's even worse than Tier 1 !! Lies, lies and more lies !!!

Satisfied since 1976

Posted by: arc-angel ()
Date: April 5, 2013 21:58

BowieStone

Dear Mr H

Sincerely

Rob Hallett

... BUT ... I bought tickets from the original (linked from RollingStones.com) BST web page, which is not a third party ... this argument does NOT count ... What a cheek!

Date: April 5, 2013 22:00

If someone knows this actual AEG place in London let me know !

Posted by: rebelrebel ()
Date: April 5, 2013 22:00

Not even the front of Tier 2 offers "access to an area closer to the stage than general admission". I'm really in shock.

Date: April 5, 2013 22:02

rebelrebel
Not even the front of Tier 2 offers "access to an area closer to the stage than general admission". I'm really in shock.

Tier 2 is even behind the sound desk.

Posted by: Jaggeresque ()
Date: April 5, 2013 22:09

Legal advice would definitely be useful at this point if anyone knows anyone who could help? Gross mis-selling as far as most of us are concerned...

Date: April 5, 2013 22:10

The Worst.
rebelrebel

Tier 2 is even behind the sound desk.

Indeed. For £200 extra they're nothing short of awful, the sort of bit of ground you could easily bag if you rocked up at about 5pm.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: April 5, 2013 22:10

How about....

Never trust the Rolling Stones hangers on...

Date: April 5, 2013 22:12

paulywaul
BowieStone

Dear Mr H

Sincerely

Rob Hallett

Unacceptable answer, because TM are the least of the problem here, although their seating plan also was wholly inaccurate too - I have to say. But the biggest inaccuracy of all was in the wording on the BST website itself, the wording that clearly stated that Tier 1 tickets would position you "directly in front of the stage".

I replied to this:

It's not only ticketmaster. The place where I bought the tickets (direct link from The Rolling Stones site) told: closer to the stage than Tier 3.
You shouldn't say those things if they are not true. Especially seconds away from receiving £250.

His answer:

Thomas

You can do what you wish upgrade / downgrade / refund

All we want to do is keep the fans of the Rolling Stones as happy as we can

Your call

Best

Rob

He just refuses to answer that they gave us wrong information.

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: April 5, 2013 22:20

How many tickets do we think sold for tier 1 and 2 ? Considering it's sold out how are they gonna downgrade everyone to tier 3 ?. If there's only a couple of people left, maybe a phone box next to the stage will do ?

I've read and re read the descriptions of the tiers on BST and they are fraudulent IMO.

They know they are in the wrong. Have you ever know refunds or downgrades offered before ?

I don't want a refund I WANT WHAT I PAID FOR !

sc uk

Date: April 5, 2013 22:25

I have been fuming over the last couple of hours.
And now my solution is: upgrade to tier 1.
I want to be close to the stage and arrive late.
Or is this just plain stupid?

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: April 5, 2013 22:26

Most diehards (NOT rich tourists!) are too old to run to the front of GA and stand there for 8 hrs plus...without a p*ss ffs.

We've bought the "better" tickets for this reason AEG........ YOU IDIOTS !

sc uk

Date: April 5, 2013 22:26

I think at this point the best you can do is take the refund money and take your business elsewhere. They're not about to redraw the map after promising FOS to GA ticket holders.

For people who've already bought flights, though, I dunno. It's a heartbreaker.

Date: April 5, 2013 22:30

BowieStone
I have been fuming over the last couple of hours.
And now my solution is: upgrade to tier 1.
I want to be close to the stage and arrive late.
Or is this just plain stupid?

I have been asking myself the same thing.
But Tier 1 looks pretty small. If many upgrade it can be really crowded.
I asked Rob Hallett if I had to pay for an upgrade. He replied I had to.
So is it really worth paying extra to stand in that crowded box on the side of the stage?

Posted by: marclaff ()
Date: April 5, 2013 22:32

"Thomas

You can do what you wish upgrade / downgrade / refund

All we want to do is keep the fans of the Rolling Stones as happy as we can"

I don't see any possibility of refund in the conditions of sale
NO REFUNDS OR EXCHANGES. All sales are final. No refunds or exchanges for tickets purchased through this website will be made. Each Promoter may have additional policies regarding refunds or exchanges, but Front Gate Tickets is entitled to retain all fees collected through this website for services that it performs in taking orders and delivering tickets, including shipping, handling and service charges.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112...LastNext
Current Page: 7 of 37

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1948
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home