Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2425262728293031323334...LastNext
Current Page: 29 of 93
Re: sunday morn..
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 10, 2016 12:10

....hope they have a heated pew

ROCKMAN

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: January 10, 2016 14:09

Hot cross bums

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: January 10, 2016 14:22

latebloomer
Hot cross bums

Great. Now you've spoilt my Easter joke - What do you get when you pour boiling water down a rabbit hole? Hot, cross bunnies...

Posted by: franzk ()
Date: January 10, 2016 16:25

Who Went To Church This Sunday?

Posted by: django ()
Date: January 10, 2016 16:29

franzk
Who Went To Church This Sunday?

"Nobody here went to church today? Everybody who went to church today say yeah. I think Billy went to church today. Did you go to church today, Billy?”

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: January 10, 2016 16:45

here you go:

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: bv ()
Date: January 10, 2016 18:09

Well I have been plowing and lifting and moving away snow seven - 7 - times today and yesterday, so far 30 cm i.e. a foot but more coming. Next week it is time for cross country skiing for sure.

Bjornulf

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: January 10, 2016 18:48

bv
Well I have been plowing and lifting and moving away snow seven - 7 - times today and yesterday, so far 30 cm i.e. a foot but more coming. Next week it is time for cross country skiing for sure.

You are a good example to us all, BV. I don't know if its your cup of tea but reward yourself & listen to the new Bowie. Its the best album I've heard in a long time & keeps getting better with each listen. It gives me hope that maybe the Stones will finally put out a whole cd of new material worthy of them. I liked the 2 new songs on GRRRR plenty & Keith's cd. We will hope for the best!

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: January 10, 2016 19:00

About to watch my LA Forum 75 DVD as it is dark and getting chilly outsidegrinning smiley

Date: January 10, 2016 19:42

The sun is finally out, I went to my killer gym class...rewarding myself now with some Duck donuts.
A little bite of chocolate covered, a little bite of lemon glazed, a little bite of sugar coated....mmmmmmmm....life's pretty good today.

Hey Bjournulf, don't forget that spot in front of the driveway. smiling smiley

Posted by: 6853 ()
Date: January 10, 2016 21:23

i went to church. there was this direct radio-broadcasting from the mizza (?) the priest is quite humorous, and has all kind of performances ( kidsband, solo-singer, reader of an selfwritten artice etc.) afterwards there is always a coffee and cakes for everyone. The priest calls it the "first half" ie the mizza, and the second half (the coffe time ), Dont ask me who gave him this idea,,, love it. bye. ... first half second half....... i love football......

Date: January 10, 2016 21:48

It was dumping buckets this morning, now roads are freezing and the rain's gave way to flurries...

Posted by: masseywinos ()
Date: January 10, 2016 21:57

I curled this morning in our appropriately named sinners league.

Date: January 10, 2016 23:10

Maybe she's sleeping, maybe she's ill
Phone's disconnected, unpaid bill
It's off the hook
It's off the hook
It's off the hook
It's off the hook
It's off the hook

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Lowkey612 ()
Date: January 10, 2016 23:38

latebloomer
The sun is finally out, I went to my killer gym class...rewarding myself now with some Duck donuts.
A little bite of chocolate covered, a little bite of lemon glazed, a little bite of sugar coated....mmmmmmmm....life's pretty good today.

Killer gym class? Well, you must be in hell of good shape then.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: January 11, 2016 00:40

I've been in my kitchen, stripping.

Wallpaper, that is....

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: January 11, 2016 01:07

Date: January 11, 2016 02:11

Lowkey612
latebloomer

Killer gym class? Well, you must be in hell of good shape then.

Well, it was a killer for me, probably not so much for the youngsters in the front row. I'm the weeny in the back with the 8 pound weights. grinning smiley

I think Geeen Lady wins...stripping in the kitchen sounds like way more fun than I had today. winking smiley

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: January 12, 2016 05:16

Sundays are the best when you don't have to go to church.

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: January 12, 2016 14:50

Just got hammered with snow in Michigan. I have to take my best friend, my dog Yoda, to surgery so went to stay in a hotel near the vet to beat the snow. Glad I did! We got about 8 inches of snow during the night and more due today!

Re: OT: Weather around the world
Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: January 12, 2016 18:16

A traffic camera above a Montreal freeway has taken this stunning image of a snowy owl in flight. Beautiful, isn't it?

Date: January 12, 2016 22:07

Wow! Beautiful pic, stoneage.

Cold and windy here...good day for soup. It's always a good day for soup, isn't it?

Date: January 12, 2016 23:51

ROCKMAN

Date: January 20, 2016 02:48

Ccc...ccc....cold. Windchill of -14C, big snow expected the end of the week. Madness already at the grocery store...I'm not built for this kinda cold. sad smiley

Posted by: everwest1 ()
Date: January 22, 2016 14:21

50-60 inches of snow coming to New York and the NorthEast U.S.?... Yikes! [www.intellicast.com]

Date: January 22, 2016 14:55

50-60 inches of snow coming to New York and the NorthEast U.S.?... Yikes!

Yep, it's supposed to be a monster - Mid Atlantic region, where I am, is where the heaviest snow fall is expected. Blizzard conditions with 50 mph winds, heck we may even see rare thunder snow. Gonna run a few errands this morning and then hunker down for the weekend. Think I better pull out four flicks, for starters... smiling smiley

[www.cnn.com]

Posted by: nightskyman ()
Date: January 22, 2016 17:20

latebloomer
50-60 inches of snow coming to New York and the NorthEast U.S.?... Yikes!

Yep, it's supposed to be a monster - Mid Atlantic region, where I am, is where the heaviest snow fall is expected. Blizzard conditions with 50 mph winds, heck we may even see rare thunder snow. Gonna run a few errands this morning and then hunker down for the weekend. Think I better pull out four flicks, for starters... smiling smiley

[www.cnn.com]

Well for the NYC area they're still only forecasting 6-12. I'm guessing maybe 10 inches on average.

Washington DC apparently will be hit harder.

Date: January 23, 2016 23:19

Blizzard strikes East Coast; 30 inches possible in New York

A massive winter storm clobbered the eastern United States on Saturday and in some places appeared poised to dump more snow than expected -- including up to 30 inches in downstate New York and up to 4 feet in Maryland and West Virginia, officials and forecasters said.

With snow falling as fast as 3 inches an hour, New York officials said road travel in New York City and Long Island would be banned starting at 2:30 p.m. ET. Above-ground train service in the area would stop at 4 p.m.

"This is bad, and it's getting worse rapidly," New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio said.

Up to 85 million people have been in the path of the storm, which also caused motorists to be stranded on major highways in at least three states overnight from Friday to Saturday.

Here are the latest developments as of 2:30 p.m. ET:

-- "If you are out on the street, get in now," New York Mayor Bill de Blasio said ahead of 2:30 p.m. road travel ban.

-- All Broadway performances are canceled for Saturday due to the blizzard, according to the Broadway League.

-- About 50,000 customers are without power in New Jersey as of 2 p.m. ET Saturday.

-- More than 50 people have been forced from their homes around Atlantic City, New Jersey, due to "significant flooding" from winds pushing ocean water into the streets, said Vince Jones, Atlantic City's emergency management director.

-- North Carolina Gov. Pat McCrory said a combination of more high winds statewide and "potential ice build-up tonight along the power lines" could lead to more power outages in his state. At 10:45 a.m., Duke Energy reported about 140,000 customers without power in the Carolinas.

-- Washington, D.C., had seen up to 13 inches of snow by 10 a.m. Saturday, with another 10 inches possible by the time the storm finally passes, Mayor Muriel Bowser said. Wind gusts of about 50 mph have been reported, and authorities managed to answer all 300 calls to emergency dispatchers since the blizzard hit Friday, she said.

By the numbers:

• More than 35 inches of snow reported near Hancock, Maryland, by Saturday afternoon.

More than 23 inches reported in Dulles, Virginia, Saturday afternoon.

• At least nine people dead nationwide (Six fatalities were in North Carolina, two in Virginia and one in Kentucky.)

• 11 states declared states of emergency. They are: Georgia, Tennessee, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Kentucky, North Carolina, New Jersey, New York, Delaware, Virginia and West Virginia. Washington has declared a "snow emergency."

• 18-48 inches of snow possible in some areas, according to meteorologists.

• 55 mph wind gusts are possible in Norfolk, Virginia.

• 989 traffic crashes and 793 disabled vehicles were responded to by Virginia State Police as of late Friday night.

• More than 8,600 flights were canceled from Friday through Sunday, according to FlightAware.com.

• More than 200,000 customers in 13 states were without power Saturday because of the storm, according to various energy companies. Many of them were in the Carolinas and New Jersey.

• 33 million people are under blizzard warnings.

[www.cnn.com]

Date: January 24, 2016 00:30

So much snow

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2016-01-24 02:58 by everwest1.

Date: January 24, 2016 00:50

30 inches at JFK?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-01-24 02:59 by everwest1.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2425262728293031323334...LastNext
Current Page: 29 of 93

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1827
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home