Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6162636465666768697071...LastNext
Current Page: 66 of 77
Re: Way too Much Negativity
Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: September 14, 2017 23:49

Rolling Hansie
DandelionPowderman
marcovandereijk
DandelionPowderman

Don't know why you confuse enjoying a 2017-show with a comparison to a 72/73-show, as no one did that..

Hey, Dandee, mate. A personal note, from an online friend.
Don't respond to everything. All that counts to many of us, is that you and your friends
had a great time at the show. That is encouraging for us who are still looking forward
to having that experience.
Having a great time, that's what these shows are given for.
Not for recording videos on cellphones. Not for uploading poorly recorded songs on the internet.
Not for writing acid reviews of these videos on the internet. But only for the fun
of those who came looking for a night without any worries.

I could use some of your patience and understanding, mate smileys with beer

It's not easy, but if you try some time ... you would feel much better. Really, believe me smileys with beer Cheers

I'm right there with you, Hansie. Too much negative energy is wasted on arguing over what is at its essence a personal experience. One person's joy is another person's bitter disappointment. Though it can be hard to do sometimes, I choose to focus on the joy because life's too short. smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-14 23:55 by latebloomer.

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: September 15, 2017 18:25

"Why a double negative makes a positive. (Mathematics)...

...I looked into why a double negative makes a positive.

Essentially, we must first agree that a negative number is simply a positive number multiplied by -1. In other words, to get the negative of 2, we multiply by -1. -1 * 2 = -2.

If we accept this as correct, then we can write the multiplication of two negative numbers like so:

-2 * -3 = (-1)(2)(-1)(3)
-2 * -3 = (-1)(-1)(2)(3)
-2 * -3 = (-1)(-1) * 6

So, the question is, (-1)(-1) = ?

The convention (-1)(-1) = +1 has been adopted because anything else causes the distributive property of multiplication to break for negative numbers.

For example, let's assume (-1)(-1) = -1.

(-1)(1 + -1) = (-1)(1) + (-1)(-1)

(1 + -1) on the left equals 0, so the equation can be written:

(-1)(0) = (-1)(1) + (-1)(-1)

Since we agreed that any positive number multiplied by negative 1 is the negative form, and that (-1)(-1) = -1, we can further simplify this:

(-1)(0) = -1 + -1

So:

0 = -2???

If we place any other number (apart from +1) as the answer to the calculation (-1)(-1) = ?, the same thing happens. This is why two negatives make a positive in mathematics."

Reproduced for your enjoyment from [mathforum.org]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-15 18:39 by hopkins.

Date: September 15, 2017 18:34

Rockman
I'm 66 and hard as a rock. Just sayin'

Saves buying a perch for your parrot I guess .....

Damn, I knew YOU would understand! ty.

Date: September 15, 2017 18:36

JumpingKentFlash
hopkins

Your wife must be so happy.

Thank you. Yes, she says she's very happy since she left! God BLESS her!

Date: September 15, 2017 18:41

hopkins

Essentially, we must first agree that a negative number is simply a positive number multiplied by -1. In other words, to get the negative of 2, we multiply by -1. -1 * 2 = -2.

If we accept this as correct, then we can write the multiplication of two negative numbers like so:

-2 * -3 = (-1)(2)(-1)(3)
-2 * -3 = (-1)(-1)(2)(3)
-2 * -3 = (-1)(-1) * 6

The convention (-1)(-1) = +1 has been adopted because anything else causes the distributive property of multiplication to break for negative numbers.

Since we agreed that any positive number multiplied by negative 1 is the negative form, and that (-1)(-1) = -1, we can further simplify this:

(-1)(0) = -1 + -1

So:

0 = -2???

If we place any other number (apart from +1) as the answer to the calculation (-1)(-1) = ?, the same thing happens. This is why two negatives make a positive in mathematics."

?? I think this poster needs to be banned. Not reporting him just sayin...

I mean how could this possibly even be helpful? eye rolling smiley

Posted by: LongBeachArena72 ()
Date: September 15, 2017 21:01

hopkins

-2 * -3 = (-1)(2)(-1)(3)
-2 * -3 = (-1)(-1)(2)(3)
-2 * -3 = (-1)(-1) * 6

(-1)(0) = -1 + -1

So:

0 = -2???

Promising ... but far too abstract for this board. Let's try to bring it back down to Earth:

Let (Keith can't play) = -1
Let (Keith's on fire) = +1

So 1*(Keith can't play) + 1*(Keith's on fire) = 0.

(Where "0" is a neutral state in which Keith neither sucks nor shines ... kinda like Crosseyed Heart.)

Therefore, assume the following thread:

4*(Keith can't play) + 7*(Keith's on fire) = +3 (roughly equivalent to "Run, Rudolph, Run")

Or the following:

6*(Keith can't play) + 2*(Keith's on fire) = -4 ("Scarf Me Up" territory)

It should be fairly easy for Bjornulf to auto-assign a numerical value of +1 or -1 to each post and then to carry forward a running total. That way we could know at a glance from the Tell Me homepage whether a thread was running toward suckle or on fire and we could enter at our own risks and/or self-select the environment we were most comfortable in. Kinda like choosing between Drudge and HuffPo.

Date: September 15, 2017 21:20

LongBeachArena72
hopkins

-2 * -3 = (-1)(2)(-1)(3)
-2 * -3 = (-1)(-1)(2)(3)
-2 * -3 = (-1)(-1) * 6

(-1)(0) = -1 + -1

So:

0 = -2???

Promising ... but far too abstract for this board. Let's try to bring it back down to Earth:

(Where "0" is a neutral state in which Keith neither sucks nor shines ... kinda like Crosseyed Heart.)

4*(Keith can't play) + 7*(Keith's on fire) = +3 (roughly equivalent to "Run, Rudolph, Run")

Or the following:

It should be fairly easy for Bjornulf to auto-assign a numerical value of +1 or -1 to each post and then to carry forward a running total. That way we could know at a glance from the Tell Me homepage whether a thread was running toward suckle or on fire and we could enter at our own risks and/or self-select the environment we were most comfortable in. Kinda like choosing between Drudge and HuffPo.

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: deardoctor ()
Date: September 15, 2017 21:38

hopkins
JumpingKentFlash
hopkins

Your wife must be so happy.

Thank you. Yes, she says she's very happy since she left! God BLESS her!

You´re cool man!

Posted by: bv ()
Date: September 15, 2017 23:06

Hei guys don't you have some grandchildren to take care of? I think this thread is getting too complicated.

Bjornulf

Posted by: LongBeachArena72 ()
Date: September 15, 2017 23:30

bv
Hei guys don't you have some grandchildren to take care of? I think this thread is getting too complicated.

From your lips to God's ears, Bjornulf. If this toddler and infant were my grandchildren I could take them back to their parents, right?

As it is, I'm saddled with them for the next decade or two, by which time I'll be too old to either care or play guitar.

Date: September 16, 2017 00:13

bv

I COME HERE TO GET AWAY FROM THEM!!! THEY ARE NUTS BV; THEY ARE KILLERS I SWEAR TO YOU! I THINK THE LITTLEST ONE IS THE MOST DANGEROUS. PLEASE PLEASE UNDERSTAND!

IT'S ALL ABOWWT DA BASSE IT'S ALL ABOWWT DA BASSES HAHHHAA and she plays it man; she plays it over and over man; that's only the beginning, trust me.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-16 00:15 by hopkins.

Date: September 16, 2017 00:17

LongBeachArena72
hopkins

-2 * -3 = (-1)(2)(-1)(3)
-2 * -3 = (-1)(-1)(2)(3)
-2 * -3 = (-1)(-1) * 6

(-1)(0) = -1 + -1

So:

0 = -2???

Or the following:

Thank you. I'm beginning to start to understand, I think. (I failed Algebra three times but reaalllly got General Math II after just the third time)!!

Date: September 16, 2017 00:21

latebloomer
LongBeachArena72
hopkins

-2 * -3 = (-1)(2)(-1)(3)
-2 * -3 = (-1)(-1)(2)(3)
-2 * -3 = (-1)(-1) * 6

(-1)(0) = -1 + -1

So:

0 = -2???

Or the following:

[www.youtube.com]

lol

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: September 16, 2017 00:27

algebras easy, not always to get the answer in its simplest form but to understand the need for trying to find its simplest form, its not complicated to understand multiplying 2 negatives forms a positive.

unfortunately this dosent work with bank accounts.

if your in debt by 1 grand, you are - 1 grand.

if your partner is in debt 2 grand, she has -2 grand.

trying to multiply your 2 accounts together wont impress the bank manager.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 16, 2017 00:31

Algebra was the thorn in my side at University, but having survived it I can see how it is beneficial in the real world...confused smiley

Date: September 16, 2017 00:38

buttons67
algebras easy, not always to get the answer in its simplest form but to understand the need for trying to find its simplest form, its not complicated to understand multiplying 2 negatives forms a positive.

unfortunately this dosent work with bank accounts.

if your in debt by 1 grand, you are - 1 grand.

if your partner is in debt 2 grand, she has -2 grand.

trying to multiply your 2 accounts together wont impress the bank manager.

Truer words were never written.

Posted by: TravelinMan ()
Date: September 16, 2017 02:19

I find it funny that if a former member is maligned, nobody cares, but if one of the current member is....omg.

Date: September 16, 2017 06:25

For me algebra is still totally frustrating; I had some conceptual understanding of at least the basic structure of geometry; it didn't seem like forbidden intellectual terrirtory per se;
there was an entry point I could walk through and some satifaction in the walk from there...
...but with alegbra I still just want to pick up a hammer and find a gong if someone even mentions it; it's deeply conceptually offensive to me and I don't understand the concept and am damn glad of at least that little gracious pea of a gift.

...if a plane leaves Chicago, Illinois at 4PM Central Standard Time and it's flying at 140 miles per hour to Memphis, Tennessee and it's 500 miles total, and they are both in the same time zone, (whew! for that much), at what time does the Pilot's cousin Shirley fart after eating 2 ounces of beans in Tupelo? ...

and i'm looking at that teacher with bare slits for eyes, flashing vertical pupils blinking sideways, my incisors start to ache and grind, I cough up smoke and I never smoked yet...I've Jobian bitterness and only know the Ten Commandments and I'm sure she's just broken a few of them...I actually doubt her basic celluar humanity and suspect some sort of reptile/lizard race that realllly runs things and uses this kind of shit to stop rational thought; It must be stopped before this kind of thing spreads to other children...the seasons changed inside me somehow...

I needed to go the wildnerness and strip my soul naked; I needed a woman yet it would be years before I could muster up the nerve to even ask a chick to dance with me...at a .... dance...never mind do the wild thing...
...i was flushing red and could not hide it; and for the first time ever, don't even want to, or care to, hide it; not from this teacher, not from ANYbody....
...i shook my head derisvely, risking chaos and ruination; and a beating from my father if my mother nags him long enough tho he really don't want to hear it after working all day long he's done in his part goddamit he tells her...
...maybe i can escape maybe i can escape....but no, the vice principal has called;
I was asked to leave the class; well, not exactly asked politely; apparently she was offended when I asked her if she eats flies like a Frog Goddess or something like that;
i mean that's total bullshit to get suspended for...i mean i don't like to go anyway but I'd rather skip than be suspended and have to sneak back in there for those 3 staggered lunch periods in a regional high school; ha cha...to hang with my 3 staggered friends, including one who is a girl; that's right a girl....anyway fk alegbra...

I hate negative people.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-16 06:38 by hopkins.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: September 16, 2017 10:31

hopkins

But then again ... two wrongs don't make a right

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: ouroux58 ()
Date: September 16, 2017 11:13

hopkins
Rockman

Saves buying a perch for your parrot I guess .....

Damn, I knew YOU would understand! ty.

Geez, I'am afraid by the leaks in the pipe after that confused smiley

Posted by: ouroux58 ()
Date: September 16, 2017 11:25

bv
Age brings negativity. Old people complain about the price of milk, birds singing in the morning, the neighbour washing his car on a Sunday, dinner being late, not being able to read the newspapers without glasses, the comlexity of Internet and mobile apps and so on.

Some complain about magazines and the world is so different, the weather was better before, and life was easier. Some remember their younger days when they were in love for the first time and they want this feeling back.

Sorry folks, we all get more and more grumpy as we get older. Nagging and complaining is what we are best at, when there is nothing else to do or to talk about.

A beer may be half empty or half full.

If you don't like the Stones anymore then why bother those who still enjoy them? It is like dumping yourv wife for a new one, and telling everyone how bad your ex was. It does not make any sense to me.

Be obective Bjornulf or perhaps you could need these...

Posted by: ErwinH ()
Date: September 16, 2017 11:32

I heard some notes that were out of tune,
I heard some breaks that could have been better,
I saw Mick's not running as much as 20 years ago,
etc etc...

But hey, I can say I was very excited and happy on that great night in Hamburg thumbs up

Excited to see them again in Amsterdam and Arnhem !

Date: September 16, 2017 12:22

Posted by: RawIguanaCologne ()
Date: September 16, 2017 15:05

claremont29
Having the read the reviews and the threads concerning the Stones tour, I am at a loss for words to explain all the negative comments from the Stones look old, keith playing is off, Mick is confused, Charlie is tired on the end, etc. etc. etc..

Well the reality is the Stones members are old. They are all in their 70's. Since they don't play together most of the year, it should be expected that are "rusty" and out of sync just starting a tour. I saw them back in 2012 in their first appearance in Brooklyn NY to kick off that tour and they were not that good. But they improved as the tour went forward and I am expecting that will happen as this tour matures.

I am 66 and still a runner since high school. However, it takes me a little bit longer to warm up and get into a 3 mile run. The Stones need more time to play together to improve their synergy. They changed their order of and added new songs to the play list which they have not preformed in many many years.

YOu nailed it, man. Nothing more to say!!! Let´s have a ball ev´rybody!!!
I would be thrilled to see the Stones again. What a rock n roll musical journey from the greatest rock band of all time. Enjoy ever moment while we can.

Re: The ticket prices and other complaints thread
Posted by: yeababyyea ()
Date: October 7, 2017 21:03

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-10 13:32 by yeababyyea.

Posted by: Librarian ()
Date: October 7, 2017 21:09

I am grumpy because I am broke I can't see the Stones.
Bleh

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: October 8, 2017 18:44

As a remedy towards my own potential grumpiness about the stagnant setlists and not more than two songs from BLUE AND LONESOME included, I chose 1) to be present at one concert only, Stockholm on coming Thursday the 12th, 2) to avoid listening to any of the songs from the previous concerts of the tour that have been made available.

Then I know the great presence of the band isolated will give me joy. And the concert experience will correspond more to how it was on concert day before the Internet changed much. However, from the tour that featured the 'stadium', the 'arena' and the 'club' concept (in 2003 (?) without checking), and I was to one of all three in Stockholm, I remember that the setlist at the first, the stadium, frustrated me to some extent then, even when, I seem to remember, the concert was well done by the band. All in all, I don't what to expect this time, will the pleasure come out as strongest and, in addition, undivided?

I want to try to avoid being distracted by a last time Rolling Stones concert awareness. ( From 1982 onwards, I have been conscious that now may be the case, but I have each time closed myself against that reflection during the concerts.)

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: October 8, 2017 19:26

ErwinH
I heard some notes that were out of tune,
I heard some breaks that could have been better,
I saw Mick's not running as much as 20 years ago,
etc etc...

But hey, I can say I was very excited and happy on that great night in Hamburg thumbs up

Excited to see them again in Amsterdam and Arnhem !

Glad Mick is not running so much anymore.he is singing better.
Jeroen

Posted by: vertigojoe ()
Date: February 27, 2018 13:30

With a new tour coming I thought it was time this thread was back on the front page ;-)

Posted by: mikey C ()
Date: February 27, 2018 13:32

Top Man And yes it should be...Cheer's

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6162636465666768697071...LastNext
Current Page: 66 of 77

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2200
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home