Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3233343536373839404142...LastNext
Current Page: 37 of 77
Re: The ticket prices and other complaints thread
Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: May 8, 2015 02:12

I'll have some Swiss cheese with my complaints...

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: May 8, 2015 08:28

josepi
Ahh, got my 15th row Stones tickets. I can sleep easy now….

But, but…. maybe there are better seats out there. Maybe I should check again.

AAAGGGHHHH…..FRONT ROW SEATS FOR $394!!!!!

Maybe I can sell the other pair. Yeah, that’s it. I’ll sell the other pair.

Classic post josepi! thumbs up Probably belongs in the Sticky 2015 Tour thread.

peace

Posted by: IGTBA ()
Date: May 8, 2015 12:38

Naturalust
josepi
Ahh, got my 15th row Stones tickets. I can sleep easy now….

But, but…. maybe there are better seats out there. Maybe I should check again.

AAAGGGHHHH…..FRONT ROW SEATS FOR $394!!!!!

Maybe I can sell the other pair. Yeah, that’s it. I’ll sell the other pair.

Classic post josepi! thumbs up Probably belongs in the Sticky 2015 Tour thread.

peace

Agree, that post is too funny (and real) to be relegated to this less frequently viewed topic.

Posted by: Nicodemus ()
Date: May 25, 2015 03:09

I have a complaint!
On the recent May 20, Fonda Theatre, LA show, reviews I read (all great BTW) said the Stones had TWO keyboard players.
WHY???
I want to hear GUITARS dammit! Not stinken keyboards.
I just had to get that out of my system.
Comments about this anyone?

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: May 25, 2015 03:14

They didn't allow Matt Clifford to refer to himself as their conductor, but he still wants some recognition.

Posted by: JTHanis ()
Date: May 25, 2015 04:14

How many "best show ever"'s will we get tonight?

Posted by: yeababyyea ()
Date: May 25, 2015 13:06

JTHanis
How many "best show ever"'s will we get tonight?

Hopefully none. The opening show of the tour is rarely ''the best show ever''. The No Security-tour opening show in Oakland was very shaky. Back in 1997 the opening show in Chicago on the other hand was mostly an inspired show. Licks-tour opening show was superb. But none of those shows was ''the best show ever''.

The opening show at Petco yesterday was neither the best show ever by 99.9% guarantee.

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: May 25, 2015 20:02

Nicodemus
I have a complaint!
On the recent May 20, Fonda Theatre, LA show, reviews I read (all great BTW) said the Stones had TWO keyboard players.
WHY???
C

I wanna hear some totally different tunes. Guys are lazy

Date: May 25, 2015 20:17

"Ticket prices and other complaints thread." The irony of that....

Posted by: funky415 ()
Date: May 25, 2015 20:34

Last night was Not even close to the performance we saw and heard at the Fonda.
The Fonda was indeed best show ever. Last night had some incredible moments but the show as a whole was good but not great. Very tough crowd and no matter how hard Mick worked it and he worked it hard the crowd was not won over. Not sure it was the music that people seemed fairly indifferent to. It was very tight and uncomfortable down on the floor last night. Lines for beer and bathrooms were just stupid. I could not buy one beer and if I didn't cut the bathroom line after waiting 10 mins I would hVe pissed my pants. And the small seats with rows that move were just lame with prices being where they were.

Posted by: TheBlockbuster ()
Date: May 26, 2015 00:43

funky415
The Fonda was indeed best show ever.

Listening to the underwhelming video from Fonda with a seemingly bad version of Brown Sugar, it's extremely hard to believe Fonda was the best show ever. Actually the video of Brown Sugar from Petco showcased a superior performance.

The Fonda show must have been memorable for the setlist and the intimate setting, but when you say it was the best show ever it seems like you are trying to feel special about yourself, since so few could attend the show. smoking smiley

It obviously not as cool to say that Petco was the best show ever, since anyone could attend it.

I'm pretty sure the club gigs on the Licks-tour was at least three times better. The Rolling Stones are not capable of playing the best show ever anymore. I think the shows they've done since 2012 made this pretty clear.

It will however be exciting to hear the Fonda performance if it is released. It may be better than I think.

Date: May 26, 2015 00:48

The "best show ever" bit is nothing more than testament of an after-show high. A rational person knows that it's subjective and both good and bad can be found in every show.

Posted by: eyesoftheworld ()
Date: May 26, 2015 00:55

No complaints here, I just hope they keep touring North America and the whole world so I can see them more because there's nothing like a Rolling Stones show.

Posted by: roller99 ()
Date: May 26, 2015 07:54

TheBlockbuster
funky415
The Fonda was indeed best show ever.

Listening to the underwhelming video from Fonda with a seemingly bad version of Brown Sugar, it's extremely hard to believe Fonda was the best show ever. Actually the video of Brown Sugar from Petco showcased a superior performance.

The Fonda show must have been memorable for the setlist and the intimate setting, but when you say it was the best show ever it seems like you are trying to feel special about yourself, since so few could attend the show. smoking smiley

It obviously not as cool to say that Petco was the best show ever, since anyone could attend it.

I'm pretty sure the club gigs on the Licks-tour was at least three times better. The Rolling Stones are not capable of playing the best show ever anymore. I think the shows they've done since 2012 made this pretty clear.

It will however be exciting to hear the Fonda performance if it is released. It may be better than I think.

Trying to feel special about yourself? I hardly think so. First off, to hear them in such an intimate setting is insanely awesome. Maybe there were better shows in 69 or 72, but the sound quality wasn't nearly as good. When KR played You Got To Move, and hear the way he attacked the guitar was magical. "Best show ever" is highly subjective to each person, but it was a great show. But subjectively, CYHMK was better at Petco than at the Fonda, and it was even better at Staples in 2013 with MT. There is no such thing as "best show ever".

But there's no need to put anyone down or think they want to feel special because they got in and others didn't. That doesn't make you special, it makes you lucky. At least that's how I feel.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 26, 2015 15:42

I'd like to complain about this thread periodically rearing it's ugly head.

Posted by: TheBlockbuster ()
Date: May 26, 2015 16:18

roller99

Trying to feel special about yourself? I hardly think so. First off, to hear them in such an intimate setting is insanely awesome. Maybe there were better shows in 69 or 72, but the sound quality wasn't nearly as good. When KR played You Got To Move, and hear the way he attacked the guitar was magical. "Best show ever" is highly subjective to each person, but it was a great show. But subjectively, CYHMK was better at Petco than at the Fonda, and it was even better at Staples in 2013 with MT. There is no such thing as "best show ever".

But there's no need to put anyone down or think they want to feel special because they got in and others didn't. That doesn't make you special, it makes you lucky. At least that's how I feel.

90% of the shows played during 1969-2003 was probably better than the Fonda show... They are old now and it's ridiculous to think they are able to put up the best show of their lives. The size of the venue doesn't really matter from a musical point of view, it's still the same band playing.

And I'm not really trying to put anyone down, I'm just saying what I think. Why do we not hear Petco was the best show ever? It was the same band playing... Instead there is a decent amount of negative reviews from the Petco show.

It makes no sense when people are saying The Stones did the best show of the lives just a few days earlier.

It may have been the best moment in life for the people attending the show. But when they say it was the best show ever it feels like they're trying to make other people jealous.

Of course I am a bit jealous of the people attending the Fonda show, but I had no plans even trying to get a ticket for that show since I live in Nothern Europe and I'm not following The Stones wherever they go.

But I'm happy for you and the other fans who got tickets for The Fonda show, I'm sure it was a great show and a memory for life.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-26 16:28 by TheBlockbuster.

Date: May 26, 2015 18:21

This one fits well into the complaints thread. Songs that I would drop were I the setlist designer for the Rolling Stones. In order of priority:

- It's Only R&R - It's pedestrian at best, We have heard it enough
- JJ Flash as an opener - surprise us, try something else
- Honky Tonk Women - a borefest, so predictable
- Sympathy For The Devil - I think even the devil has had enough of this one...
- Midnight Rambler - let is rest for a while, in the meantime you could fit in 3 rockers here instead...

I'll halt there. Maybe someone else has other suggestions for the list?

Posted by: bv ()
Date: May 26, 2015 19:59

Nicodemus
I have a complaint!
WHY???

May be this is an ironic post, but in case not, I will reply...

1. Chuck Leavell is their main keyboards player
2. Matt Clifford is also mentioned as on Keyboards (but they do not present him)
3. Tim Ries does also play keyboards on some selected songs, next to Chuck
4. Even Mick do play keyboards at times, Fool To Cry, Memory Motel etc I think

Even if you like beer, a lot of beer, I can't see any problem in having some others drinking wine at the same time, right? There are lots of guitar playing in the Stones, usually three on stage, including Mick, some times four, including Gary Clarke Jr, and even Darryl some times do play the bass like a guitar, like on Miss You. I can't see more guitar players on stage, and I would not worry too much about who is sitting next to Chuck.

If you really need to worry, then worry about the flood they have in Houston now. That is a bigger problem. Right?

Bjornulf

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: May 26, 2015 20:03

bv
Nicodemus
I have a complaint!
WHY???

2. Matt Clifford is also mentioned as on Keyboards (but they do not present him)

Even if you like beer, a lot of beer, I can't see any problem in having some others drinking wine at the same time, right? There are lots of guitar playing in the Stones, usually three on stage, including Mick, some times four, including Gary Clarke Jr, and even Darryl some times do play the bass like a guitar, like on Miss You. I can't see more guitar players on stage, and I would not worry too much about who is sitting next to Chuck.

If you really need to worry, then worry about the flood they have in Houston now. That is a bigger problem. Right?

I might add that based on SD, you are gonna hear the guitars...LOUD and clear. Definitely no worries they will be overshadowed in any way by the keyboards.

peace

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: May 26, 2015 20:05

bv
Nicodemus
I have a complaint!
WHY???

I can't speak for the original poster, but my feeling is that Chuck is so horrible with his overplaying that if they have another piano player they like, it would be better to replace Chuck with the new guy than to add another piano.

Posted by: jrcjohnny99 ()
Date: May 26, 2015 20:10

TheBlockbuster
roller99

90% of the shows played during 1969-2003 was probably better than the Fonda show... They are old now and it's ridiculous to think they are able to put up the best show of their lives. The size of the venue doesn't really matter from a musical point of view, it's still the same band playing.

And I'm not really trying to put anyone down, I'm just saying what I think. Why do we not hear Petco was the best show ever? It was the same band playing... Instead there is a decent amount of negative reviews from the Petco show.

It makes no sense when people are saying The Stones did the best show of the lives just a few days earlier.

It may have been the best moment in life for the people attending the show. But when they say it was the best show ever it feels like they're trying to make other people jealous.

Of course I am a bit jealous of the people attending the Fonda show, but I had no plans even trying to get a ticket for that show since I live in Nothern Europe and I'm not following The Stones wherever they go.

But I'm happy for you and the other fans who got tickets for The Fonda show, I'm sure it was a great show and a memory for life.

Actually I doubt any show between 78 and 82 was better than the Fonda; so 90%, while a simple number to throw out, almost certainly isn't accurate.
For some fans there it may well have been the best show they've seen, certainly that set list was hard to argue with.
In the end it's always just opinion.

oh and to stay on the complaining topic, I don't mind the warhorses and love most of em, but why can't they just drop "Miss You' FFS.

Date: May 26, 2015 21:41

I'll post this one again since it was smothered by another trail:

This one fits well into the complaints thread. Songs that I would drop were I the setlist designer for the Rolling Stones. In order of priority:

- Midnight Rambler - let is rest for a while, in the meantime you could fit in 3 rockers here instead...

Date: May 26, 2015 21:49

Stoneage

I agree with all your observations,

I could add

- Doom And Gloom - Played very badly, poor representation of their newer material
- Brown Sugar - Keith needs to riff harder on this one, too often all I hear is Chuck's lonely keyboard when Mick starts to sing after the intro.
- Satisfaction - After the O2 premiere in 2012, I remember a newspaper wrote ''It feels refreshing that they didn't play Satisfaction'', which I very much agreed with...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-26 21:51 by yeababyyea.

Posted by: JTHanis ()
Date: May 27, 2015 02:17

yeababyyea
Stoneage

I agree with all your observations,

I could add

- Doom And Gloom - Played very badly, poor representation of their newer material
- Brown Sugar - Keith needs to riff harder on this one, too often all I hear is Chuck's lonely keyboard when Mick starts to sing after the intro.
- Satisfaction - After the O2 premiere in 2012, I remember a newspaper wrote ''It feels refreshing that they didn't play Satisfaction'', which I very much agreed with...

I agree with both of you and would add

- Gimme Shelter - It lacks the feeling of danger and has become a parody. Doesn't help that it's ruined on a nightly basis by Lisa who last sang it well on the Licks Tour. Stop her shenanigans and it will improve.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-27 02:18 by JTHanis.

Date: May 27, 2015 03:32

If we remove the suggested songs from the Petco Park setlist, it leaves space for 9 new songs to make the setlist:

Jumping Jack Flash Parachute Women
It's Only Rock'n Roll Flip The Switch
All Down The Line
Tumbling Dice
Doom & Gloom Stealing My Heart
Bitch (with Gary Clarke Jr)
Moonlight Mile
Can't You Hear Me Knocking
Street Fighing Man (by request)
Honky Tonk Women You Got To Move
--- Band introductions
Slipping Away (Keith)
Before They Make Me Run (Keith)
Midnight Rambler Fingerprint File - extended jam
Miss You
Gimme Shelter Shattered
Start Me Up
Sympathy For The Devil Beast Of Burden
Brown Sugar Rough Justice
--- Band off stage
You Can't Always Get What You Want (with choir)
Satisfaction I Can't Turn You Loose

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-27 03:33 by yeababyyea.

Date: May 27, 2015 18:03

And it's not only the song selection. Some warhorses, like Tumbling Dice and Start Me Up, they can keep (after all they are essential Stones classics). But they need to refresh them, change them a little bit,
in order to keep the interest. If they don't they might as well skip them. They are musicians, not robots, why is it so hard for them to improvise on songs? For, many, other musicians it's a piece of cake...

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: May 27, 2015 18:36

wow, just looked at some of the "available seat" maps on Ticketmaster...Columbus is a disaster, Pittsburgh is not in good shape. AEG is going to be taking another bath on this tour. I highly doubt they will be coaxed into doing a fall arena tour unless the guarantee is heavily lowered.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: May 27, 2015 18:41

Curious that in a couple of IORR reviews from the 15 on Fire page from the San Diego show were fed up with Miss You. Very rarely have I read over the years this type of negative review. Not that the song was badly played but complaints of it being overplayed. I've felt the same way for some time. Even if it was relocated to the first quarter of the show I would fully embrace that!!

Date: May 27, 2015 18:42

mnewman505
wow, just looked at some of the "available seat" maps on Ticketmaster...Columbus is a disaster, Pittsburgh is not in good shape. AEG is going to be taking another bath on this tour. I highly doubt they will be coaxed into doing a fall arena tour unless the guarantee is heavily lowered.

Looks like at most all the Cities the High Dollar lower lever side didn't sell very well.

Date: May 27, 2015 18:46

Stoneage
And it's not only the song selection. Some warhorses, like Tumbling Dice and Start Me Up, they can keep (after all they are essential Stones classics). But they need to refresh them, change them a little bit,
in order to keep the interest. If they don't they might as well skip them. They are musicians, not robots, why is it so hard for them to improvise on songs? For, many, other musicians it's a piece of cake...

Right you are. When Keith "refreshed" the SMU intro, it generated a lot of interest. cool smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3233343536373839404142...LastNext
Current Page: 37 of 77

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1773
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home