Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3334353637383940414243...LastNext
Current Page: 38 of 77
Zip Code Tour - but no new music...downer
Posted by: Beauforde ()
Date: May 31, 2015 04:32

Thw whole thing nets out as a downer for me. The stones are energetic enough to do a real tour, but not ambitious enough to get in the studio for 1-2 months and try and come up with a new album. And still no truly bringing mick taylor back into the fold. Bullshit. Nostalgia entrepreneurship... The stones have been the finest stones cover band for 20+ years now. What a waste. They need a producer who shames ALL OF THEM them into getting to a bare studio -- set up mikes and a sound board, no over-dubs or any other embellishments, turn the shit on and just PLAY/RECORD. And see what happens. What they're doing now - derivative to the nth degree - is not even worthy of paying attention to from my perspective.

Re: Zip Code Tour - but no new music...downer
Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: May 31, 2015 05:17

Yeah, I really want to hear music that people have been shamed into playing.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: May 31, 2015 05:20

Beauforde
Thw whole thing nets out as a downer for me. The stones are energetic enough to do a real tour, but not ambitious enough to get in the studio for 1-2 months and try and come up with a new album. And still no truly bringing mick taylor back into the fold. Bullshit. Nostalgia entrepreneurship... The stones have been the finest stones cover band for 20+ years now. What a waste. They need a producer who shames ALL OF THEM them into getting to a bare studio -- set up mikes and a sound board, no over-dubs or any other embellishments, turn the shit on and just PLAY/RECORD. And see what happens. What they're doing now - derivative to the nth degree - is not even worthy of paying attention to from my perspective.

Yet, here you are paying attention.
Odd.

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: May 31, 2015 07:03

Not a downer for me, just the opposite for me,
listening to the show on periscope was a lot of fun... great Stones songs.

Posted by: SackofBrokenEggs ()
Date: May 31, 2015 07:04

I'm predicting a new album is on the way. You heard it here...

Sack

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: May 31, 2015 07:12

Well hello Sack! Haven't we met before?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-31 07:13 by Nikkei.

Date: May 31, 2015 07:33

You seem familiar to me, Nikkei.... thanks for the live show updates! smileys with beer

Sack

Date: May 31, 2015 07:35

Always a pleasure to be of service. Care to elaborate on the album situation? smoking smiley

Date: May 31, 2015 07:46

I just have a feeing we'll get something new pretty soon, maybe this year... maybe before the year's out.... They could wait until next year, but hopefully not.
The sooner the better, I say! How's that for a straight answer? spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Sack

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: May 31, 2015 07:49

Beauforde

Yeah but it's been like that since forever ago.
You're just realizing this now?

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: May 31, 2015 07:51

SackofBrokenEggs
I just have a feeing we'll get something new pretty soon, maybe this year... maybe before the year's out.... They could wait until next year, but hopefully not.
The sooner the better, I say! How's that for a straight answer? spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Sack

do you think they'll have it done before raleigh?

Date: May 31, 2015 07:54

That's a great answer... as long as you're not just referring to the Keef solo record.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: May 31, 2015 08:00

I know the analogy isn't perfect but the Stones are like an old dog who you've had many great frisbee catch session with or romps through the woods or runs on the beach. You aren't going to love them any less when they slow down and can't catch the frisbee everytime or learn new tricks, if anything you love 'em more because they are still trying, and when they perform like they used to you are delighted even more.

The Stones are still standing at the door every time with tail wagging ready to do their best. They aren't as good as they once were but they're as good once as they ever were. It's why I stick to one show per tour and love them as much as I ever did. The world will be considerable more lonely and empty without them.

No doubt the doggie biscuits have gotten a bit more expensive. smoking smiley

peace

Date: May 31, 2015 08:11

Nikkei
That's a great answer... as long as you're not just referring to the Keef solo record.

Well let's work on this together. I'm sure we can figure the whole thing out...

Memo to Turner68: I would say not before Raleigh, but definitely before July 1st, 2016.

Date: May 31, 2015 08:56

Well either they are only in earliest stages of planning something...
or they pulled off the stealthiest recording session ever known.

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: May 31, 2015 10:03

Here's some old greats from some uploader.

Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: May 31, 2015 13:17

AS KR once sung "you don't move me anymore". This RS version is very weak with no new music. Once i was very hooked to the RS, during a very long time. Now i do not enjoy what they are doing, with or without Mick Taylor.
The best thing in 20 years, the RW album "feel like playing"

Date: May 31, 2015 13:29

Naturalust
I know the analogy isn't perfect but the Stones are like an old dog who you've had many great frisbee catch session with or romps through the woods or runs on the beach. You aren't going to love them any less when they slow down and can't catch the frisbee everytime or learn new tricks, if anything you love 'em more because they are still trying, and when they perform like they used to you are delighted even more.

The Stones are still standing at the door every time with tail wagging ready to do their best. They aren't as good as they once were but they're as good once as they ever were. It's why I stick to one show per tour and love them as much as I ever did. The world will be considerable more lonely and empty without them.

peace

in what way is the analogy not perfect?
;-)

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 31, 2015 13:41

Naturalust

No doubt the doggie biscuits have gotten a bit more expensive.

OH DEAR .... I'm gonna cry ya bitch.....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: May 31, 2015 16:46

thanks Redhotcarpet, great sounding (and looking) B&B stuff for a sunday morning

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: May 31, 2015 16:52

Beauforde

The problem is it makes little economic sense for groups like the Stones to spend their working hours in the studio if they can spend them on the road. Let's say they spend two months recording a new album. Let's say it sells 300,000 copies (which is probably about what we could expect these days). At $15 per sold copy that would generate about $4.5 million in sales. That's less than the Stones generate in ticket sales for a SINGLE 2 hour show (and that doesn't include merchandising). In fact the show at Stade de France last year generated over $9 million. I want the Stones to make a new album also. But with the state of music sales in the digital age, where many people expect music to be free, I would understand if they never stepped foot in the studio again.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 31, 2015 16:54

Naturalust

peace

I seriously doubt Keith could catch a Frisbee with his mouth...or any of them for that matter. Maybe Mick?

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: May 31, 2015 16:56

Naturalust

peace

It's accurate. But you would need to add that at one time this dog was the biggest, strongest, meanest dog in the neighborhood. That dog is older now, and not quite what he was, but still tough enough to kick the living crap out of all the other older dogs, and practically all of the younger dogs too. Now you have a perfect analogy.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-31 16:58 by drbryant.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: May 31, 2015 16:57

Very good analogy Naturalust. Brought a new perspective for me. Thank you.

Posted by: wicked67 ()
Date: May 31, 2015 17:05

is not zipe code tour..is juxebok tour no great

Posted by: donvis ()
Date: May 31, 2015 20:12

There will never be a new album. Just the odd song here and there. They lack the will. The only hope is to really open the vaults. And that won't happen as long as they are alive. If a fan/historian had carte blanch, you would see cool stuff like the Elvis FTD label puts out.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: May 31, 2015 20:34

Nice story NL, but it's really quite simple...they're just a lazy bunch of slobs, but we love them anyhow. grinning smiley

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: May 31, 2015 21:10

Whatta you mean, no new music? I just listened to the Stones doing some song called "Hang On Sloopy". Damn, what a beat. Got the audience singing along and movin' their feet. They should've jammed out on this flucker and segued right into "Summertime Blues" or, this would blow everyone's mind, "Come Together". And, if you can't dig the Stones channeling the Beatles, Bo Diddley's "Mona" would be a great segue after a jam on "Sloopy". And, right now, on satellite radio, they're playing Nancy Sinatra's "These Boots Are Made for Walking". What a helluva followup to "Sloopy" this would be.

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: May 31, 2015 21:44

drbryant
Beauforde

The problem is it makes little economic sense for groups like the Stones to spend their working hours in the studio if they can spend them on the road. Let's say they spend two months recording a new album. Let's say it sells 300,000 copies (which is probably about what we could expect these days). At $15 per sold copy that would generate about $4.5 million in sales. That's less than the Stones generate in ticket sales for a SINGLE 2 hour show (and that doesn't include merchandising). In fact the show at Stade de France last year generated over $9 million. I want the Stones to make a new album also. But with the state of music sales in the digital age, where many people expect music to be free, I would understand if they never stepped foot in the studio again.

Well, they don't exactly need to. They could rehearse a handful of new songs and cover versions, play them live in front of enthusiastic hardcore fans at a small series of club shows, record the stuff on location and spend not more than a week for small corrections, some minimal overdubs and mixing. Et voila - there's a new Stones album with new material, recorded live at club shows and a bonus track or two recorded at the rehearsals.

After the two or three "new album recording" club shows are done, they can go on tour with their usual greatest hits and, surprise, surprise, maybe even one or two new songs in the set.

Well, that's how I would do it if I was in their position and considering the general circumstances.

Date: May 31, 2015 21:51

dmay
Whatta you mean, no new music? I just listened to the Stones doing some song called "Hang On Sloopy". Damn, what a beat. Got the audience singing along and movin' their feet. They should've jammed out on this flucker and segued right into "Summertime Blues" or, this would blow everyone's mind, "Come Together". And, if you can't dig the Stones channeling the Beatles, Bo Diddley's "Mona" would be a great segue after a jam on "Sloopy". And, right now, on satellite radio, they're playing Nancy Sinatra's "These Boots Are Made for Walking". What a helluva followup to "Sloopy" this would be.[/quote

I agree. What about "rock around the clock"? Or maybe "suspicious minds"?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3334353637383940414243...LastNext
Current Page: 38 of 77

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1718
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home