Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3536373839404142434445...LastNext
Current Page: 40 of 77
Re: The ticket prices and other complaints thread
Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: June 14, 2015 09:02

drbryant- i also spend the big $ to see them, however, i hold them to a higher standard with 50 plus years of material to draw from. same old stuff tour after tour. just my opinion.

don't get me wrong, i love the stones as much as anyone on IORR and thank heaven that they are still together and play live at their age. no one in the
history of music will be able to replicate their longevity and iconic status in
music.

as far a new and/or unreleased material, we both know there is a treasure trove of great material in the can that has not seen the light of day in years. as a true fan for more than 40 years, i want to hear all of it.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: June 14, 2015 09:05

What a great thread this is for anyone who loves to whine and moan about any Stones related stuff.
They have their own dedicated place to air their views.
The Orlando live updates was awful to wade through so many posts moaning about setlist etc. as the gig was actually being played live.
I haven't followed the last few shows live, but I do hope someone can give this thread a bump at showtime in Nashville, and hopefully the moaners will take the hint. winking smiley

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: June 14, 2015 09:29

crawdaddy
What a great thread this is for anyone who loves to whine and moan about any Stones related stuff.
The Orlando live updates was awful to wade through so many posts moaning about setlist etc. as the gig was actually being played live.
I haven't followed the last few shows live, but I do hope someone can give this thread a bump at showtime in Nashville, and hopefully the moaners will take the hint. winking smiley

It actuality it contained very few posts of people moaning about the setlist, etc as the gig was being played. I counted only 2 or 3 comments which could be considered such (out of hundreds), and they were hardly insulting or disruptive. Most of the complaints were actually people complaining about the complainers.

Yeah people should refrain from negativity during the shows, but Why blow this out of proportion? Complaining about the complainers is just more of the same really, except worse perhaps because it isn't even about the Stones.

peace

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: June 14, 2015 09:48

crawdaddy

You can rest assured I will do that, only if neeeded. winking smiley

Date: June 14, 2015 09:57

When I say moaning about setlists etc. I really mean about anything and everything.
It just bogs down what should be an interesting ,informative and entertaining thread.
It just wasn't that to me compared to the previous threads on the other gigs.

Easy enough to wade through and ignore the posts that looked to be not my taste from the start, but just seemed to be so many of them.
Just gotta see what Nashville is like and will just ignore the live updates thread if same thing happens and just look at the reviews of the gig as and when they appear.
That's my way of thinking anyway.

The ticket prices and other complaints thread
Posted by: Witness ()
Date: June 14, 2015 12:45

Gfmsoccer
Mick has said it numerous times. Their fans don't want new music. They gave you 16 new songs in 2005 and you didn't buy the album and didn't want those songs in concerts despite Mick's best efforts.

Of course they could do a new album, but what you really want is a reproduction of an early 70's Stones album. A roots album if you will. You don't want a new 2015 sounding album, or you would have bought Bigger Bang and wanted a concert of all those songs.

I for one belong to a very small minority of fans, that bought A BIGGER BANG, who consider it, like its predecessor, as a semi-great album, and for quite many years would have liked a setlist consisting preferably of those two albums. Of both two albums, while none of them have been made basis for concerts. Saying this, as one who from the distance have been moved by this band since the middle of the 1960s, and who would most of all have loved to have them working as a living creative band now reflecting the current decade in their outlook of today, whatever such a contemporary outlook might be. Then past achievements, to me including perhaps so many as 13 great studio albums, would be band history.

[To me older songs then might have been a special treat in encores of two, three or four songs, varying which ones the audiences would be exposed to.]

Edits: In the "Subject": To indicate that I posted in the complaints thread. And correction of language clumsiness

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-14 13:17 by Witness.

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: June 14, 2015 13:30

Turner68
It's a strange strange forum where someone like cocaine eyes can be banned and yet others are allowed to stay who constantly whine about the set list, mick Taylor, Ron wood and Keith Richards; throw around rumor and innuendo about the band and its members cheating and lying; post and re-post probably false information about band members personal lives, etc. it seems like it might be better to let anything go and let people like cocaine eyes stay or have a much heavier moderation where the haters get banned.

thumbs up

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: June 14, 2015 13:40

Cristiano Radtke
Naturalust
eyesoftheworld
Cristiano Radtke

Perhaps I'm being too grumpy here (and I'm not that kind of person at all), but I can't understand why there is the need to be complaining about the setlists at every concert, and most important - during the live comments. This is an endless discussion, and in the end we all know that will result in nothing positive. More than that: the Stones will not change their setlists only because some members here doesn't like it.

I completely agree.
I am just happy they are here smiling smiley

Cristiano, I love what you bring to the board, but there were two people who barely complained about the songs on that thread during the show and you truly are perpetuating the myth by continuing to post about it.

I respect your freedom to post as you please but do you really think the set list complainers dominated that discussion? I don't.

BTW: I do personally believe set list complaints are futile and redundant at this point. But I also think saying something like "I'd like to hear more SF songs" is pretty harmless and not really a complaint.

peace

I've only brought my feelings about it to this thread because I think we have to leave that thread for what's important - the concert reviews.

You are correct about the set list complainings not dominating that thread, but actually this wasn't the only complainings last night - so maybe I expressed myself on a wrong way, when I only pointed this as being the problem.

I know that for the people who didn't followed that thread live, by reading it now it perhaps might seem that there's nothing wrong there. But we've had not only the usual setlist complainings but also some people who were whining about the live setlist not being posted (even with all those periscope feeds going on) and even complaining about the people itself who were periscoping the concert last night.

If you read that thread again (I know you did it, and I did that too), you can see that at some point of the concert - during HTW, perhaps - there was at least 3 or 4 posts of people asking for the whiners to just shut up. And if you pay attention, I didn't do that myself, prefering to post my thoughts about it only when the concert has ended, because this is what was important last night.

And this is what I'm talking about: at the heat of the moment, when you're trying to follow what's going on at the concert, it seems to me that the complaints are - in a bad comparison - like when you're trying to watch a movie and there's a lot of people beside you talking about other things that have nothing to do with the movie, spoiling what was supposed to be a fun moment.

Like I said, I'm not a grumpy person, but there's a time when you see the same things happening all the time and at the same time you don't see nothing changing on that, so that's why I posted my thoughts here.

Peace! smiling smiley

Good post Cristiano! Like you have so many during showtime smileys with beer your posts makes it fun to read the live updates threads.
The band is always exciting whenever of wherever they play regardless what they play. I guess when you're not there sometimes you just can't get excited with number 3119 of SMU or any warhorse which is understandable. It must be hard for people not to post about their feelings obviously but they have to imagine it can spoil the fun for people like you bringing exciting reports and the ones who like reading them. Anyway: your live show updates and other posts are highly appreciated Cristiano!

Posted by: StonedInTokyo ()
Date: June 14, 2015 14:12

HearMeKnockin
The Stones are not interested in music, they're interested in money. They're no longer a band for the people, they're a band for themselves. They simply don't recognize that their fans might appreciate one last effort from the Glimmer Twins that shows they still give a s***. And I doubt that will change any time soon.

Just because they don't do what you want them to do doesn't mean they are only in it for themselves. If that were the case, why have a fan vote at every show? Who is walking out on them grumbling "I wish they'd do new songs instead"? No one!

Posted by: donvis ()
Date: June 14, 2015 19:05

I guess if I was lucky enough to be at the Fonda I wouldn't bitch about the set lists either

Date: June 14, 2015 19:06

Dreamer
Good post Cristiano! Like you have so many during showtime smileys with beer your posts makes it fun to read the live updates threads.
The band is always exciting whenever of wherever they play regardless what they play. I guess when you're not there sometimes you just can't get excited with number 3119 of SMU or any warhorse which is understandable. It must be hard for people not to post about their feelings obviously but they have to imagine it can spoil the fun for people like you bringing exciting reports and the ones who like reading them. Anyway: your live show updates and other posts are highly appreciated Cristiano!

Thanks, Dreamer! I think that at the same time it's fun for the readers to follow the live threads, it's fun for me to bring some infos about the concerts, just like Irix, Green Lady, Nikkei, Mnewman505 and a lot of others have been doing for so long.

I can't tell for the others, but in my case, doing this on almost every concert since 2013 (and I keep doing what I do just for fun, regardless of the whinings), comes a time when you simply can't stand the same discussions all the time, which not only spoil the fun we're having but it's somehow a disrespect with the other users who are trying to know what's happening, so maybe that's the reason why my latest posts about it may seem an overreaction to that, which I can assure you it's not.

To me, the live threads are one of the most exciting things we have on this board, and what some people maybe are not realizing is that we have at least only 9 more concerts on this tour. What happens next? Nobody knows, so I think we should enjoy these remaining shows the best way we can.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: June 14, 2015 19:15

Cristiano Radtke
Dreamer

Thanks, Dreamer! I think that at the same time it's fun for the readers to follow the live threads, it's fun for me to bring some infos about the concerts, just like Irix, Green Lady, Nikkei, Mnewman505 and a lot of others have been doing for so long.

I can't tell for the others, but in my case, doing this on almost every concert since 2013 (and I keep doing what I do just for fun, regardless of the whinings), comes a time when you simply can't stand the same discussions all the time, which not only spoil the fun we're having but it's somehow a disrespect with the other users who are trying to know what's happening, so maybe that's the reason why my latest posts about it may seem an overreaction to that, which I can assure you it's not.

To me, the live threads are one of the most exciting things we have on this board, and what some people maybe are not realizing is that we have at least only 9 more concerts on this tour. What happens next? Nobody knows, so I think we should enjoy these remaining shows the best way we can.

Couldn't agree more..
During the last concert, I would click on the thread, see all the whining and just go back to watching/listening to the periscopes...

Time and place for the whining... and during a live show isn't the time.

Date: June 14, 2015 19:36

Time and place for the whining... and during a live show isn't the time.

That sums it up so well MisterDDDD. smileys with beer

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: June 14, 2015 20:30

MisterDDDD
During the last concert, I would click on the thread, see all the whining and just go back to watching/listening to the periscopes...

Congrats on a tough decision to watch and listen to the concert rather than getting bored and wandering through the threads. Lucky you found some negative comments otherwise you would have missed the show.

All this embellishing about whining. It is way over the top.

I had absolutely no problem listening to the show, watching is always a challenge, so long as the broadcast was streaming. Each day of a show is the most fun I've had anticipating the concert since Sunday football games in the fall.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-14 20:33 by The Sicilian.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 14, 2015 20:58

The Rolling Stones LIVE is like a roller coaster with many ups and downs.
Why sit back and be a 100% positive cheerleader when there is something that's not going right? Nobody's perfect, and the Stones in a live setting is a perfect example of that.

As for me, I don't waste my breath and post negativity when all things aren't on track and/or meet my expectations - especially setlists - yawn,
At the same time though I find some of the most interesting posts are the ones that point out the glitches, mistakes, etc., etc.
If we can't discuss a show constructively in a civilized manner (warts and all), maybe we should all cuddle up with a teddy bear,
praise every second, give each other high 5's every other minute, and live in Stones bliss forever.

With all that said, thanks again to Christiano and everyone else who posts live updated as they happen!
It's a far cry from the old days (pre-internet) when the only way to know what a show was like was to read about it in a newspaper a day after it happened.

Looking forward to the next show................. thumbs up

Date: June 14, 2015 22:30

Hairball
The Rolling Stones LIVE is like a roller coaster with many ups and downs.
Why sit back and be a 100% positive cheerleader when there is something that's not going right? Nobody's perfect, and the Stones in a live setting is a perfect example of that.

As for me, I don't waste my breath and post negativity when all things aren't on track and/or meet my expectations - especially setlists - yawn,
At the same time though I find some of the most interesting posts are the ones that point out the glitches, mistakes, etc., etc.
If we can't discuss a show constructively in a civilized manner (warts and all), maybe we should all cuddle up with a teddy bear,
praise every second, give each other high 5's every other minute, and live in Stones bliss forever.

Yes, but these band mistakes - wrong chords, bad sounding or whatever - are part of the concerts, and I don't see nothing wrong about discussing that. My issue had to do with the usual setlist whiners combined with some side conversations about nothing to do with the concert. For instance, the comments judging the people who were periscoping it: "these people on Periscope are not watching the show, I don't get that", or something like this. Why post that on a live thread? It's annoying.

Last night I was talking (via twitter) with Pete, one of the periscopers who was at the Orlando concert, and he was delighted to read his name being mentioned on this board. More than this, he was so blown away by the concert, which we were able to listen live thanks to him and the other periscopers.

Here's his latest tweet to me with a huge "thank you" from him to all of us, which I think it's very nice. smiling smiley

Date: June 14, 2015 23:02

thumbs up

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: June 14, 2015 23:37

Naturalust
crawdaddy

It actuality it contained very few posts of people moaning about the setlist, etc as the gig was being played. I counted only 2 or 3 comments which could be considered such (out of hundreds), and they were hardly insulting or disruptive. Most of the complaints were actually people complaining about the complainers.

Yeah people should refrain from negativity during the shows, but Why blow this out of proportion? Complaining about the complainers is just more of the same really, except worse perhaps because it isn't even about the Stones.

peace

Stop confusing things with facts.

The thing is -- anytime anyone says anything remotely negative there are a dozen responding posts from people who get frantic because it somehow upsets their enjoyment of the show. So it is better to keep any sort of criticism out of those threads, otherwise the thread gets ruined by those with dainty sensibilities going on and on about 'whining'etc. etc., as did the orlando thread. AS always, the adolescent screamers set the rules. They won't stop, so it's pointless. Keep it here.

Posted by: JTHanis ()
Date: June 14, 2015 23:41

It's funny that people are complaining about the complainers on the complaints thread. What's next?

Seriously, the major complaint should be the arbitrary censoring of the board under the guise of removing "offensive" material. Last summer, there was a witch hunt of people who didn't like Lisa's singing on Gimme Shelter. It was classified as "hate" speech, which was asinine. There were scores of posts how about "Keith sucks", but heaven forbid Lisa was criticized.

On a separate note, just because people want more from their favorite band doesn't make them complainers. We all share the same idea--love of the Rolling Stones--but sometimes differ in opinions. However, the notion that the leader has promulgated over the years---everything is perfect---is misguided as well.

Date: June 15, 2015 00:51

Rokyfan
Stop confusing things with facts.

The thing is -- anytime anyone says anything remotely negative there are a dozen responding posts from people who get frantic because it somehow upsets their enjoyment of the show. So it is better to keep any sort of criticism out of those threads, otherwise the thread gets ruined by those with dainty sensibilities going on and on about 'whining'etc. etc., as did the orlando thread. AS always, the adolescent screamers set the rules. They won't stop, so it's pointless. Keep it here.

Yeah that makes sense and describes the situation pretty well. The unfortunate thing of course is it makes the board a bit of a slave to the "dainty sensibility adolescent screamers". I guess we have to look at it like we are watching the show here with our adolescent kids and all their friends.

JTHanis

Seriously, the major complaint should be the arbitrary censoring of the board under the guise of removing "offensive" material. Last summer, there was a witch hunt of people who didn't like Lisa's singing on Gimme Shelter. It was classified as "hate" speech, which was asinine. There were scores of posts how about "Keith sucks", but heaven forbid Lisa was criticized.

Totally missed that one thankfully, I've been pretty open lately in my criticism of Lisa's singing. eye popping smiley Thankfully no one has jumped on me for my comments or even in defense of Lisa. Were people banned for this or were their posts just removed? Thanks.

peace

Date: June 15, 2015 00:57

I went to see Barry Manilow last night - 94 minutes with a 20 minute medley of around 15 songs. Concert was easy to get to via public transportation- also Taylor Swift was next door at the linc so it wasn't like driving to the middle of nowheere and having to rent a car

Maybe the Stones should like do a medley like Genesis does.

Maybe like Love Is Strong/One Hit To theBody/Monkey Man/Can't You Hear Me knocking/She's So Cold-
likepick any 6 and do around 15 minutes just to get a little more variety in

At this point it is like 16 of the same of the 19 songs every night-which is fine- but maybe let KR do FOUR songs. We need more Connection and Little T&A in the setlist.

Posted by: JTHanis ()
Date: June 15, 2015 01:22

Naturalust
JTHanis

Totally missed that one thankfully, I've been pretty open lately in my criticism of Lisa's singing. eye popping smiley Thankfully no one has jumped on me for my comments or even in defense of Lisa. Were people banned for this or were their posts just removed? Thanks.

peace

It was a combination of both. It's calmed down since then but the leader always makes a point to praise her. One has to wonder if she's a source of information.

Date: June 15, 2015 03:31

JTHanis
It was a combination of both. It's calmed down since then but the leader always makes a point to praise her. One has to wonder if she's a source of information.

Thanks JT, I'll keep that in mind.

peace

Posted by: Stoneburst ()
Date: June 15, 2015 11:12

JTHanis
It's funny that people are complaining about the complainers on the complaints thread. What's next?

On a separate note, just because people want more from their favorite band doesn't make them complainers. We all share the same idea--love of the Rolling Stones--but sometimes differ in opinions. However, the notion that the leader has promulgated over the years---everything is perfect---is misguided as well.

Woodists using the Mick Taylor thread to complain about people who like Mick Taylor? Oh, wait, that already happened.

These two issues are of course connected, since by and large it's the people that complain endlessly about 'whiners' that can be found trolling in the MT thread, trying to provoke arguments and flame wars in the hope that BV will shut it down.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-15 14:45 by Stoneburst.

Posted by: SackofBrokenEggs ()
Date: June 16, 2015 08:50

The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. I wish they'd play "Shine a Light," instead on "Sympathy." I only feel like complaining because I'm on the internet. I can't wait for next album, honestly.

Date: June 16, 2015 08:58

Date: June 16, 2015 09:06

Stoneburst
These two issues are of course connected, since by and large it's the people that complain endlessly about 'whiners' that can be found trolling in the MT thread, trying to provoke arguments and flame wars in the hope that BV will shut it down.

Naw he won't shut it down (again). He was nice enough to reopen it once and without it people would likely be starting a bunch of new Taylor threads and Taylor's name would pop up in more threads than it already has.

But I certainly know what you mean. I harmlessly mentioned that ADTL could have used Taylor's help on the Orlando live show thread (it could have) and was totally jumped on! My intention wasn't to disrupt the thread but I'm afraid the reactions to Taylor's name did. Go figure.

peace

Date: June 16, 2015 09:15

spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: June 16, 2015 09:21

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: June 16, 2015 11:01

Naturalust
Stoneburst

Naw he won't shut it down (again). He was nice enough to reopen it once and without it people would likely be starting a bunch of new Taylor threads and Taylor's name would pop up in more threads than it already has.

But I certainly know what you mean. I harmlessly mentioned that ADTL could have used Taylor's help on the Orlando live show thread (it could have) and was totally jumped on! My intention wasn't to disrupt the thread but I'm afraid the reactions to Taylor's name did. Go figure.

peace

LOL.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3536373839404142434445...LastNext
Current Page: 40 of 77

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2003
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home