Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617...LastNext
Current Page: 12 of 77
Re: The ticket prices and other complaints thread
Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: April 5, 2013 02:06

Rolling Hansie
EddieByword
Hyde Park 2013 = £400....so I've read.....

You've read wrong.
GA for Hyde Park is 95GBP

No, I did read £400 but the post wasn't more specific than that, maybe it was £400 for a VIP pass or something. Is that right? One price, £95 gets you in any part? even down by the stage if you can squeeze in?

I'm behind the times I think, what does GA mean?....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-05 02:09 by EddieByword.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: April 5, 2013 02:11

In Dutch GA means GO...not sure Rolling Hansie means that......

Date: April 5, 2013 02:14

NICOS
In Dutch GA means GO...not sure Rolling Hansie means that......

Thanks Nicos, it just occurred to me, it might mean General Admittance.......if that's right then it's not so bad then, although still x 4 in adjusted pounds over Knebworth.....(complete with bi-plane acrobatic display..........and....28 song setlist.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-05 02:34 by EddieByword.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 5, 2013 02:32

andrewt
treaclefingers
GRNRBITW
flacnvinyl
GRNRBITW
flacnvinyl
I am really having a hard time believing these prices. $600 for 80% of the arena....

you still love the rolling stones, drakester?

$600 a ticket????????? I will always love their music, but I do not worship these guys. I still love them, but probably in a Mick/Keith bitter-sweet way, at this point.

This is one time that I strongly disagree with BV. I do NOT put the Stones above my family. Never will. My wife and daughter are tops, and I serve God not the Stones. So paying $1200 for 'good' seats is just INSANITY to me.

I am honestly shocked that this entire forum isn't LIVID. If Drudge/NPR/CNN/anything really pushed this story of greed, the Stones might actually react.

Oh and I think the irony in this, is that as a free-market capitalist, libertarian and conservative, I am simply upset at their greed. There is NOTHING illegal about anything they are doing, just immoral... Doom & Gloom preaches about 'worried bout the poor put your feet up on the couch and lock up on the door' or whatever... So he's going to preach anti-1%, while pricing the concert FOR the 1%.

There's only one group who's going to 'Get What They Need', and its the Stones and their money. Has nothing to do with us middle-class working types. We'll be in the upper deck where the line array is not pointing, so the sound will be crap.

i'm not feeling the love.

let's go put on exile and lament over a pint or three...

What's even more frustrating is that we can only whine on this one thread...think of all the missed opportunity!

Yeah, but no other thread can match this one for quality entertainment. And you get your money's worth!!!!

lovely bitchslap!

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: April 5, 2013 02:41

EddieByword
it might mean General Admittance

Correct. No front of stage or whatever.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: April 5, 2013 02:51

Rolling Hansie
EddieByword

Ok cheers Hansie, for that clarification,....thumbs up

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: April 5, 2013 02:58

EddieByword
Rolling Hansie
EddieByword

Ok cheers Hansie, for that clarification,....thumbs up

They tweeted that the £95 ticket can get you infront of the stage.

Posted by: slew ()
Date: April 5, 2013 03:36

Jesus Christ!!! If you people don't want to pay the orices then don't go!!! Quit whining!! All I've read here over the past 6 years is that we can't wait for the Stones to go back on the road. Well as they approach old age they go out for a small tour and all everybody does is piss and moan that tickets are too expensive and there isn't enough shows and so on. Be happy that they are playing again and if they play as well as they did in December then you will enjoy the shows if you go and if you can;t justify it stay home. If I had to go ahng out with Keith and Ronnie I'd want to be paid well too. As much as I love Keith as a musician I can see him being a major pain in the ass to deal with. Stop whining. It;s expensive get over it!!!!

Posted by: Montrealsuperfan ()
Date: April 5, 2013 03:53

I agree- in any event the ticket price is almost irrelevant once you throw in plane tickets, hotel, meals , booze etc. That's just the way things roll these days.

Date: April 5, 2013 03:59

I guess people complaining about people complaining is a valid use of the complaints thread too.......fair enough.......

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-05 04:00 by EddieByword.

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: April 5, 2013 04:07

treaclefingers
andrewt
treaclefingers
GRNRBITW
flacnvinyl
GRNRBITW
flacnvinyl
I am really having a hard time believing these prices. $600 for 80% of the arena....

you still love the rolling stones, drakester?

$600 a ticket????????? I will always love their music, but I do not worship these guys. I still love them, but probably in a Mick/Keith bitter-sweet way, at this point.

This is one time that I strongly disagree with BV. I do NOT put the Stones above my family. Never will. My wife and daughter are tops, and I serve God not the Stones. So paying $1200 for 'good' seats is just INSANITY to me.

I am honestly shocked that this entire forum isn't LIVID. If Drudge/NPR/CNN/anything really pushed this story of greed, the Stones might actually react.

Oh and I think the irony in this, is that as a free-market capitalist, libertarian and conservative, I am simply upset at their greed. There is NOTHING illegal about anything they are doing, just immoral... Doom & Gloom preaches about 'worried bout the poor put your feet up on the couch and lock up on the door' or whatever... So he's going to preach anti-1%, while pricing the concert FOR the 1%.

There's only one group who's going to 'Get What They Need', and its the Stones and their money. Has nothing to do with us middle-class working types. We'll be in the upper deck where the line array is not pointing, so the sound will be crap.

i'm not feeling the love.

let's go put on exile and lament over a pint or three...

What's even more frustrating is that we can only whine on this one thread...think of all the missed opportunity!

Yeah, but no other thread can match this one for quality entertainment. And you get your money's worth!!!!

lovely bitchslap!

I think I might be getting the hang of this.smileys with beer

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: April 5, 2013 04:22

slew
Jesus Christ!!! If you people don't want to pay the orices then don't go!!! Quit whining!! All I've read here over the past 6 years is that we can't wait for the Stones to go back on the road. Well as they approach old age they go out for a small tour and all everybody does is piss and moan that tickets are too expensive and there isn't enough shows and so on. Be happy that they are playing again and if they play as well as they did in December then you will enjoy the shows if you go and if you can;t justify it stay home. If I had to go ahng out with Keith and Ronnie I'd want to be paid well too. As much as I love Keith as a musician I can see him being a major pain in the ass to deal with. Stop whining. It;s expensive get over it!!!!

So true. For 600 bucks I could be as lucky as the guy who shot this.
I mean, just look at those video screens.

Date: April 5, 2013 04:29

slew

if you "don´t want to pay"...don´t go"

May be there are a lot of people who would like to "want to pay" - but just cannot afford it....well, that´s a fact!!!

And this kind of dissapointment is quite understandable, if you are a fan and you would also like to take part and enjoy the whole thing!

Something wrong, because there´s something wrong in the system.....

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: April 5, 2013 04:37

slew

Stop complaining already!!!

Date: April 5, 2013 04:48

Grrrr

Posted by: TMONTANA ()
Date: April 5, 2013 04:57

angry smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-05 05:21 by TMONTANA.

Date: April 5, 2013 05:07

I think you are going a bit far there!

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: April 5, 2013 08:17

Watch at the 5:00 mark...

video: [www.youtube.com]

@slew - These prices are basically betrayal as far as many of us are concerned. WE, the fans, have made them wealthy beyond their teenage dreams. They worked their asses off to get where they are, but we bankrolled them.

CDs, DVDs, shirts, jackets, pinball machines, on-stage seats... Every time they come out with anything, we buy it. So after a lifetime of being a fan, how do the Stones 'thank' us? By putting on the greediest tour of all time. This should be called the 1% tour.

I am CERTAIN that they will sell out every venue. I will be online Monday just to see what I can get. Heck, if I land two great tickets I might resell them!! Turn $1200 into $4000! Whats stopping me?? The Stones are going for every bit of money they can get, why shouldn't I??

Overall most of us are actually just disappointed in them. Our favorite band tosses aside real fans in favor of playing to disinterested wealthy onlookers.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-05 08:18 by flacnvinyl.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: April 5, 2013 10:25

As suspected best tickets are "sold out" before official on sale time. Hmm, nothing fishy going on here!

Posted by: Elmo ()
Date: April 5, 2013 15:02

Quote in the Press from Ron Wood:

"We've already spent a million on rehearsing in Paris. And the stage is going to be another few million. And the lights. We feel no bad thing about ticket prices. We've got to make something"

As I said, they don't give a s**t. I don't know which company is sponsoring the tour but I guess they would have covered the up-front costs, I can't see Jagger & Co going out on a limb financially.

Posted by: GRNRBITW ()
Date: April 5, 2013 15:58

slew

hey buddy! this thread is reserved for whining about the prices. ask bv to establish a thread for whining about the whiners.

honestly....some people have some nerve....

Date: April 5, 2013 17:48

Just got a call from a friend looking at the presale for Chicago. She was HORRIFIED... Starting at $600, up to $3000.. I'm doing an event so can't dig further. Just hard to believe.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: April 5, 2013 18:17

Now, what is happening here is nothing compared to the shit what is going on the other thread now... as far as complaints go...

The Stones have a democratic effect to piss anyone of their fan base off. No matter if you are a rich or poor... the middle finger will be shown sooner or later...

- Doxa

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: April 5, 2013 18:21

I know I'm crazy but Tongue Pit Package for $1500 actually seems tempting.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: April 5, 2013 18:33

I will watch/listen the whole thing from my sofa...........

Date: April 5, 2013 18:34

bleedingman
I know I'm crazy but Tongue Pit Package for $1500 actually seems tempting.

You ARE crazy! Also this thread is dedicated to complaining!

The Stones facebook page is LIT UP with livid fans. Calling them bloodsuckers and insinuating they should post a link for folks to take out a loan for affording tickets.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: April 5, 2013 19:13

The only hope for lower prices, ever again, is if people refused to buy at these prices and the arenas were only 1/4-1/2 full... but that is not happening. Enough people are willing to pay $600-$1000 ticket that they are now announcing 2nd shows.

I am not going to travel to see them and pay $600 ticket... but if they can sell out arenas at those prices, why shouldnt they sell tickets at those prices?

Honestly, why shouldnt they charge what "enough" people are willing to spend?
Who wouldnt charge as much as "enough" people are willing to spend?

Of course the long term results will be that everybody better get ready to pay this kind of BIGmoney for every arena act in the future, there is no looking back, as history has shown us. Blame the people who are willing to pay for this coming result.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-05 19:26 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: uhbuhgullayew ()
Date: April 5, 2013 19:14

What exactly are the SPECIAL OFFERS AVAILABLE in the TM banner at the top of this link?

www.ticketmaster.com

Posted by: souldoggie ()
Date: April 5, 2013 19:15

flacnvinyl
.....Our favorite band tosses aside real fans in favor of playing to disinterested wealthy onlookers.

I have a great job and a lot of money and I'm a real fan.
I'm thinking the Stones are now in favor of just playing to interested real fans who have money.....as opposed to interested real fans who don't have any money.
The good news is that's their choice.....and they've earned it as far as I'm concerned.
It's easy, pretty simple really...make your money, save your money, see the Stones....or don't....no one gives a crap.
I can't wait to see these guys live again....New Jersey shows were a blast.
Ooops, I'm supposed to be complaining on this thread.
Ok then.....life sucks, it's so unfair. Go Stones!

Posted by: daytime ()
Date: April 5, 2013 19:25

San Jose nosebleeds is high , I will pay it as it could be my last chance to see them.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617...LastNext
Current Page: 12 of 77

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1613
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home