Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4445464748495051525354...LastNext
Current Page: 49 of 77
Re: The ticket prices and other complaints thread
Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: June 23, 2015 18:42

While we're at it, the t-shirts and posters this time around really do suck.

They were so cool last year - what the hell happened?

Posted by: EasterMan ()
Date: June 23, 2015 18:52

andrewt

Not all of them. The poster for tonights Milwaukee show is very nice. In 2014 there were some great posters, the Oslo poster comes to mind. Saying that the poster for Berlin was shockingly boring and unimaginative. The Stockholm poster was neither too much fun.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: June 23, 2015 19:12

Florida had two nice designs -- the alligator and the lips with the FLA map as the tongue. They need to get away from the dumb football colors. The MN bucktooth tongue was cool too.

Posted by: JTHanis ()
Date: June 23, 2015 20:10

andrewt

The Pittsburgh yellow version is hideous. I couldn't bring myself to buy it.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: June 24, 2015 02:16

I felt I had to provide a sort of summary up to this point because there are a few here who have made some great points. Viewpoints that are shared by me! First, WITNESS, I too feel let down because at the Fonda Theatre, the Stones played most of Sticky Fingers- SOOO, my point is this; yes, we should be and ARE THANKFUL that they are still touring BUT why do they refrain from playing THAT set list throughout the tour? It is NOT because they're not capable of performing those songs! They just DID IT in California!
Next, I agree with FLACNVINYL who mentioned the awesome set lists from the NO SECURITY Tour. I saw 10 shows on that tour BECAUSE of those set lists. Check them out, they were great! Again, the STONES are MORE THAN CAPABLE of delivering the goods...why, oh WHY don't they?
Great Analogy TAZ 22!! MIKE FROM ATX, I was at those 2002 shows at Veteran's Stadium, Philly and the Fleet Center, Boston and again, a marvelous set list that REALLY VARIED from one show to the next. So, SUNDEVIL, it is not a matter of Mick being unable to deliver these various songs that stray from the typical 19 tunes being performed now. IT is a matter, I think, of complacency. I think that they cater to those fans that are attending their " first Stones show" and THAT is a problem with us who have seen every tour since '72.
Again, I AM grateful that they are all alive and still touring. That alone IS amazing. It is NOT WRONG, however, to wish that they would delve deeper into that immense catalog and play with abandon. They really do NOT have anything left to prove. GO FOR IT! We are a forgiving fan base when they mess up! Hell, we LOVE the screw-ups! If they started to change things up, I would get off my ass and RUN to a show !! I am still holding out hope that they will do a handful of smaller INDOOR venues for us " old folks!" I hope that they have spies reading these posts! It is all good, constructive analyzing! God Speed the Rolling Stones!smoking smiley

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: June 24, 2015 07:50

Great recap! Amen!

Posted by: josepi ()
Date: June 24, 2015 08:57

I like that recap, too.

I don't go to many concerts anymore, and the Stones are the only still-active band of whom I know the entire catalogue. When I do go see another band it doesn't bother me in the least if they play a handful of songs that I'm not familiar with and it doesn't affect my ejoyment of the show. For the Springsteen Magic tour I was not familiar with Gypsy Biker, Last to Die, and Girls in their Summer Clothes. Upon hearing them for the first time at the St Louis show i thought "wow, what great songs!" and went out and bought the cd. Gypsy ended up being my favorite song during that tour. For the Beach Boys 50th, I'd never heard All This is That. It became another one of my favorites after hearing it live.

The Stones might take a lesson from that. Maybe a casual fan upon hearing something like Miss Amanda Jones might think "wow, what a great song. What cd was that on?" and go out and by BtB.

I skipped all the shows from 2012-2014 due to the setlist issue. I didn't gripe about it or the ticket prices, though. What's the point? It would only create friction and it wouldn't solve anything. I'm not going to let something like that rent space in my brain. If I thought even for one minute that it would do some good or create a change in the setlist I'd be complaining loud enough that you'd hear me in China. Even when this tour was announced I wasn't very excited with the probability of hearing the same old songs again and did not plan to attend. Then the billboards went up and I spotted one here in my hometown. Then the Lucky Dips were announced. It's been a 9-year drought between shows for me and I hadn't heard the warhorses hardly at all during those years. Suddenly, the excitement was back and I thouroughly enjoyed the Columbus and Pittsburgh shows. At $29.50 (plus fees), I feel like it's the best bang for the buck entertainment value I've ever received. I wouldn't have paid $400/ticket though. Not for the same old tunes.

I like muscle cars, especially Mustangs. When the 2015's were revealed, I didn't like the new front end at all. I didn't go out and bash it on the boards, though. Just went out and bought a 2014 GT while the getting was good and got some incredible rebates.

I like Broadway musicals, too. Have seen Wicked 13 times. Same songs each time. Eventually I got my fill and don't go any more. I don't go out on any boards and bash the show because it's the same songs saying something like "Steven Schwartz has a catalog of hundreds of songs, why do they keep playing the same 19 songs?" It's a production, much like the Stones have become.

I guess my only real complaint is that people complain too much. The only seriously valid complaint I've seen was somegirltoronto with the Columbus obstructed view seat. If you want to complain, then the best thing to do is complain about restaurants. Fill out an online complaint or send an email. At least you'll be likely to get a free gift card sometimes.

I am so lucky to have lived in Columbus during the era in which I lived. I love Buckeye football and have been to well over 100 games. It's been years since I've missed a game in person or on tv. Have seen 36 Stones concerts, hundreds of videos, all the ppv's, and now the periscopes. But when I get bored with something, it's just time to move on. Find something else. Don't just stew about how things aren't what they used to be. Just cherish the great memories and enjoy life.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-24 09:31 by josepi.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 24, 2015 16:45

Naturalust
rockdoc8885
The band is playing as good or better than 2 years ago. More energy and sound is really good as are the visuals.

One complaint that has nothing to do with performance, DON'T GET LUCKY DIP TICKETS UNLESS YOU HAVE A BACKUP TICKETS OR LOCATION TO WATCH THE SHOW.

Most of the tickets really suck, there are a few pair that are decent and maybe one or two pair out of 100 that are great. The Stones and the promoter would rather give their loyal fans who bought the seats from their website an obstructed view or obstructed sound seat and either reduce decent field or decent upper bowl seats or not sell at all. They really don't care about the loyal fans, at least the promoter couldn't give a crap. It's a business and I understand, just don't put people in obstructed view seats without a warning or instructions on how to be relocated. Stadium personnel are clueless on this topic and most people just get screwed.

While I agree that the great majority LD tickets are probably pretty lousy seats, I'm not sure how much of an indication this is of the Stones not caring about their fans. These are stadium shows after all and their are just so many seats that are not really that good it boggles the mind. Of course they are going to have to try to sell these a LD prices and the whole Lucky thing is obviously just a marketing ploy to get people to buy them. I don't think many people should expect them to actually pay out in providing a serious upgrade in their seating. Perhaps in cases where they truly had poor ticket sales that might be the case but they are always going to give the better seats to the ones who paid more for them.

I personally can't imagine watching the Stones (video screen) from 100+ yards away and stadium shows for me are not worth the effort unless you are up close. When close the extra 40,000+ people behind you don't really matter and may actually enhance the experience with the huge roars and audience energy blasted from the crowd. But to expect the Stones to provide anything other than a precious few LD upgrades because they care about their fans when they have a stadium to fill is a bit unrealistic, imo. In the end you get what you pay for like so many other things in this life.

I was a 'lucky dip' that bought a pair of lucky dips for Toronto 2 in June 2013, and got unbelievably good seats (albeit upgraded from our original seats 5 minutes before show time). In fact, our whole row of lucky dippers were upgrade much to mutual delight.

Not sure if this was easier to do in an arena environment, or because most of the tix were so expensive ($600+) that there was no way they were going to sell out every seat, but miracles do happen.

I'll bet with lower prices generally in the stadiums, and more lucky dips in general, fewer people will get upgraded now.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: June 24, 2015 18:06

treaclefingers

I was a 'lucky dip' that bought a pair of lucky dips for Toronto 2 in June 2013, and got unbelievably good seats (albeit upgraded from our original seats 5 minutes before show time). In fact, our whole row of lucky dippers were upgrade much to mutual delight.

Not sure if this was easier to do in an arena environment, or because most of the tix were so expensive ($600+) that there was no way they were going to sell out every seat, but miracles do happen.

I'll bet with lower prices generally in the stadiums, and more lucky dips in general, fewer people will get upgraded now.

I love hearing stories like this where LD ticketholders get seats that delight them in the end. Perhaps if more people where more proactive like you were in asking for additional upgrades it would happen more often. I would think with these huge venues the opportunities for upgrades are equally large.

Hope to hear some good stories about upgrades in KC in any case.

Re: Let's Cool It On the Complaints
Posted by: roller99 ()
Date: June 27, 2015 16:18

relms
Naturalust
Don't think relms needs much help in either the dickness or the tiny todger department actually.
peace

Hey look its the hypocrite guy back to start more shit spouting his bullshit.

Its the guy who says peace in all of his posts while constantly waging war.

Its the guy who whines about name calling as he calls other people names, like fanboy.

Its the guy who constantly bashes on the Stones and then whines when anyone defends The Stones. It is the guy who is so full of shit his hair is brown.

thumbs up

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: June 30, 2015 17:01

Did Tauk really get banned?

Posted by: Stoneburst ()
Date: June 30, 2015 17:17

It appears so.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: June 30, 2015 17:30

The advantage with being banned is that you can read afterwards what people really thought of you. Worst case scenario is, perhaps, when no one notices your absence...

Date: June 30, 2015 17:42

I miss tauk already. I think this place was important to her and I hate to think of her feeling bad. Perhaps she will be back. I know from personal experience that bv is generous and fair about reinstatement.

Date: June 30, 2015 17:46

I hope she comes back, too. She seemed like a really nice, genuine person and I thought her posts were really entertaining - the MJ flirting thread had me in tears.

Date: June 30, 2015 18:39

Stoneage
Worst case scenario is, perhaps, when no one notices your absence...

No probably worst case scenario is when you create multiple accounts and everybody notices. Likely no surprise to everyone here that onlystones, MJ78 and Lipsofgreen is also no longer with us. It was only a matter of time. There are other pretty obvious cases of this here. eye rolling smiley

Posted by: wellalright ()
Date: July 4, 2015 05:46

and now a friend of a friend says "Swiss" has been banned. How very Un-Stones like.

Posted by: relms ()
Date: July 4, 2015 06:36

My current complaint is there are only 4 more live Stones shows until this dream comes to an end. Then we have to wait and wonder and read the speculations until the couple of stateside warm-up shows before the South American tour this fall.

So I say THANK YOU ROLLING STONES FOR WHAT WILL PROBABLY BE REMEMBERED AS THE BEST STADIUM ROCK AND ROLL TOUR EVER FOR SOME DESERVING SMALLER MARKETS IN U.S.

It seems like everyone won!!! Everyone who went the shows seemed happy, the band seemed happy, the promoters seemed happy, the accountants seem happy... all of which makes the wives exwives and kids happy and MICK JAGGER seems happy... and if Mick is Happy, everyone is happy.

Photo by Bjornulf Vik

Happy, dun nuh nuh nuh...baby... baby wont ya keep me happy...

Date: July 4, 2015 07:19

wellalright
and now a friend of a friend says "Swiss" has been banned. How very Un-Stones like.

Well that certainly is something to complain about, she was one of the best posters here. I have always found her posts to be amazingly intuitive and thought provoking. Anybody know the reason why? confused smiley

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: July 4, 2015 07:44

Naturalust
wellalright

Well that certainly is something to complain about, she was one of the best posters here. I have always found her posts to be amazingly intuitive and thought provoking. Anybody know the reason why? confused smiley

Guess DH was fed up with her re-started "Rolling Stones and ice cream" thread ...which could have been fun actually.

Date: July 4, 2015 08:05

shortfatfanny
Naturalust
wellalright

Guess DH was fed up with her re-started "Rolling Stones and ice cream" thread ...which could have been fun actually.

Who is DH? And is talking about ice cream forbidden here? I thought along with beer it formed one of the basic food groups. winking smiley I know plenty of threads discussing drinks have flourished here, is there a rule about not talking about food? Thanks.

Posted by: HearMeKnockin ()
Date: July 4, 2015 08:17

Naturalust
shortfatfanny
Naturalust
wellalright

Who is DH? And is talking about ice cream forbidden here? I thought along with beer it formed one of the basic food groups. winking smiley I know plenty of threads discussing drinks have flourished here, is there a rule about not talking about food? Thanks.

Designated Hitter?

Date: July 4, 2015 08:19

HearMeKnockin
Naturalust
shortfatfanny
Naturalust
wellalright

Designated Hitter?

I figured it out...Dirty Harry. sad smiley

Date: July 4, 2015 08:26

Naturalust
HearMeKnockin
Naturalust
shortfatfanny
Naturalust
wellalright

Designated Hitter?

I figured it out...Dirty Harry. sad smiley

I couldn't find anyone named Dirty Harry on the search... except for a guy who's last registered activity was five years ago... unless you mean the cop Dirty Harry in which case... well... RIP swiss...

Posted by: Thrylan ()
Date: July 4, 2015 08:26

Dammit!! We need a "lament" thread.......really screwing up this complaint thread with all the sorrow......

Wait......I just complained....

Date: July 4, 2015 08:27

Thrylan
Dammit!! We need a "lament" thread.......really screwing up this complaint thread with all the sorrow......

Wait......I just complained....

hot smiley thumbs up

Posted by: Thrylan ()
Date: July 4, 2015 08:33

OK...... Now an observation- one I can't make anywhere else or it will be misconstrued as "whining"- If show "X" is a particularly good show, not only from musicianship, but because there was an unusually unique song vote, and because they played OOC instead of D&G...etc..... Then why is it labeled as complaining if you get the generic set list. This is illogical- it can't be both ways!!!

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: July 4, 2015 09:14

Thrylan, I guess for a true yes-man every comparison between different shows or setlists can be seen as whining since, in their minds, every show is the best ever.
One best ever show can't compete with another best ever show. Simple as that....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-04 09:16 by Stoneage.

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: July 4, 2015 10:09

Yeah that's odd. I mean, I can totally relate to "f!cking right I'm at a Stones show. Life is good" and "wow, Gimme Shelter has really lost its edge" equally.

It doesn't always have to be a zero sum equation.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-04 10:10 by andrewt.

Date: July 4, 2015 15:09

Swiss is banned as well? What the hell is going on on this board, a campaign to get rid of intelligent women?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4445464748495051525354...LastNext
Current Page: 49 of 77

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1430
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home