Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4344454647484950515253...LastNext
Current Page: 48 of 77
Re: The ticket prices and other complaints thread
Posted by: Stoneburst ()
Date: June 23, 2015 00:14

I'm not sure, Keef, but I didn't read that as a reference to you, so probably not to worry.

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: June 23, 2015 00:23

Stoneburst
I'm not sure, Keef, but I didn't read that as a reference to you, so probably not to worry.

no worries then. cheers stone

Date: June 23, 2015 01:11

DandelionPowderman
keefriffhards
Thrylan
Sometimes absolutely, but over playing tends to feed the Vegas affect. I'd go for 10 no brainers and have a reasonable shot at a SFM, RO, HB, SS etc....... Maybe a SSC, LMG, Neibors, UC, HS 2 song 80's rotation......rotate a few post SW songs.

I think a lot of folks would be at home before they realized what they didn't hear. All this having been said I enjoyed attending the Pittsburgh show, warhorses and all! Incidentally, I think MR is indispensable right now.....it smokes.

AMEN to RAMBLER. i cant believe they are doing such a job on it without Tayor.
he raised the bar. Roonie is so good these days you just wonder where was he between 78' and this tour since 2012. maybe keith cut him some slack lol

Where have you been? They have played excellent renditions of it since 1975 without Taylor...

i know thet rambler has been a showcase crowd pleaser since 75 dandilionpowderman but just recently it really takes off into another gear with ronnie giving it all he's got

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: June 23, 2015 01:20

It has been a bit of a doom and gloom mood on this board for a couple of days now, hasn't it? Or is it just me? Maybe it's the constant
cheerleaders versus whiners bickering that takes its toll? Maybe we should all cheer up a bit? Who knows?

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: June 23, 2015 01:27

Wow, this thread has been action-packed since I last read it. eye popping smiley I always miss all the excitement. Hopefully it's a case of all's well that ends well, though!

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 23, 2015 01:29

keefriffhards
Hairball
Olly
It also seems that there are several new faces seeking genuine, coherent and respectful discussion.

It also seems there are several new faces seeking chaotic, belligerent, and disruptive mayhem through their trolling tactics.
If one can't voice a constructive critique and/or or personal opinion due to the child-like sensitivity of some of these new strangers, then it's a sad day for IORR.

i get the feeling you are referring to me Hairball. you could not be more wrong. im sorry i got a bit excited on my first day here yesterday. i will cool it in future. i just felt a bit mortified by the reaction to my original post. i have witnessed and enjoyed reading all your interesting discussions for many years on iorr. i just thought it would be nice to join in and have my say. if you guys dont want me to join in ok. i except that. one love.

Nope not a direct reference to you keefriffhards, just a general observation of some of the posts (without naming names) I've been reading here lately.

With that said, "Who the cap fit, let them wear it"!

- peace smoking smiley

Date: June 23, 2015 01:39

Hairball
keefriffhards
Hairball
Olly
It also seems that there are several new faces seeking genuine, coherent and respectful discussion.

It also seems there are several new faces seeking chaotic, belligerent, and disruptive mayhem through their trolling tactics.
If one can't voice a constructive critique and/or or personal opinion due to the child-like sensitivity of some of these new strangers, then it's a sad day for IORR.

i get the feeling you are referring to me Hairball. you could not be more wrong. im sorry i got a bit excited on my first day here yesterday. i will cool it in future. i just felt a bit mortified by the reaction to my original post. i have witnessed and enjoyed reading all your interesting discussions for many years on iorr. i just thought it would be nice to join in and have my say. if you guys dont want me to join in ok. i except that. one love.

Nope not a direct reference to you keefriffhards, just a general observation of some of the posts (without naming names) I've been reading here lately.

With that said, "Who the cap fit, let them wear it"!

hehe ok whatever, you got me there lol

- peace smoking smiley

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: June 23, 2015 04:32

Hey LongBeachArena72, Thanks for the kind words, very cool of you. Feeling is mutual.

keefriffhards
i know thet rambler has been a showcase crowd pleaser since 75 dandilionpowderman but just recently it really takes off into another gear with ronnie giving it all he's got

Yeah Ronnie has indeed been somewhat unleashed this tour. Something is different and I sense it too. Not so sure Rambler is the best example since I prefer a more Taylor-esque lead section on that, but he has been really solid and rocking the house on every performance. I actually believe it is him holding things together up there. If he was off in the least bit we would know in a minute because he is LOUD. It's possible he is even bringing up Keith's playing a bit this year. I think he is just more "present" in all aspects and that presence allows him to listen, interact, support and play with more authority, confidence and effectiveness.

Sometimes it seems the guitars are so loud and rocking this tour that the support musicians are hardly heard. It's truly a guitar band again. Only complaint is that they have to remember to turn Charlie up a bit along with Keith and Ronnie. Ive heard section where his drums even become somewhat buried. smoking smiley

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: June 23, 2015 04:52

Aquamarine
Wow, this thread has been action-packed since I last read it. eye popping smiley I always miss all the excitement. Hopefully it's a case of all's well that ends well, though!

+1.

At least, it's good to know that Naturalust is back. Welcome! smileys with beer

Posted by: RS ()
Date: June 23, 2015 04:55

Cristiano Radtke
Aquamarine

+1.

At least, it's good to know that Naturalust is back. Welcome! smileys with beer

I agree! I missed him!

-RS

Posted by: tauk ()
Date: June 23, 2015 05:16

Naturalust
I'm back. Much thanks to Stoneburst, Rokyfan, swiss, Witness, Dreamer, Thrylan, Stoneage, RS and DP for your kind words and support during this unfortunate ordeal.

Obviously Bjornulf was able to understand what transpired and kind enough to allow me back on the site.

All's well that ends well. Now what did I miss? smoking smiley

I missed the whole NL-is-banned-last night.I just now read what happened. I'm not trying to bring up a bad subject but I just want to say I'm so glad it got straightened out. And it seems so odd to me that there was ever a moment in time that NL should've ever been banned....I guess there's so much going on so fast w/ this board during the tour.........so hectic...

Nauralust's always seems to me to go out of his way to be polite to everyone...wtf???? anyway...

I'm nothing great that would be missed, but I will say this:
If the day ever comes that Naturalust is permanently banned from this website is the day I de-activate myself although of course I'd miss a lot of people from here..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-23 05:18 by tauk.

Date: June 23, 2015 06:04

Thanks Cristiano, you know how much I appreciate your presence here. RS I missed me too. And tauk, thanks for the lovely sentiment, hard not to feel good around this crowd. smoking smiley

But...hey no need to worry or get too close here... the next time I get banned from this site I'll go down in a blaze of glory, literary guns firing the whole damn clip, breaking every rule in the book with a sick smile on my face, remembering every rude comment thrown my way and hitting back with a vengeance, whining with glee as I punch the keys in memory of all those that have gone down before me, leaving no doubt in anybody's mind why I have vanished. (just kidding bv) winking smiley

Posted by: LongBeachArena72 ()
Date: June 23, 2015 06:20

tauk
Naturalust
I'm back. Much thanks to Stoneburst, Rokyfan, swiss, Witness, Dreamer, Thrylan, Stoneage, RS and DP for your kind words and support during this unfortunate ordeal.

Obviously Bjornulf was able to understand what transpired and kind enough to allow me back on the site.

I missed the whole NL-is-banned-last night.I just now read what happened. I'm not trying to bring up a bad subject but I just want to say I'm so glad it got straightened out. And it seems so odd to me that there was ever a moment in time that NL should've ever been banned....I guess there's so much going on so fast w/ this board during the tour.........so hectic...

Nauralust's always seems to me to go out of his way to be polite to everyone...wtf???? anyway...

If the day ever comes that Naturalust is permanently banned from this website is the day I de-activate myself although of course I'd miss a lot of people from here..

I actually tried to delete my account the other day. Sent email to the site admin. Got a reply from bv that there was no way to delete an account--you just stopped using it. Do you know of a way to "de-activate" an account, tauk, or did you just mean you would stop using the site?

Re: Why oh why the negative comments on this board?
Posted by: Thrylan ()
Date: June 23, 2015 06:27

andrewt
Thrylan
treaclefingers
keefriffhards
Well this is called a fan club. i am a fan. the point i'm making is that some posters don't sound much like fans.they kind of go on and on about the same things as mentioned earlier in this post.
when everyone is buzzing about the live show and the live comments as a show is happening its so exciting until the same people start moaning and winging about set lists or keith played the wrong note on brown sugar and so on. its pathetic to pick holes in a guy who is playing his heart out giving it all for the audience in hot stadiums under even hotter lighting rigs.
i just don't think that's the time to whine about things.

This then, is obviously the time to whine about things in your opinion...

Reading your post left me with a bit of soul searching and I'm noticing a salty discharge being emitted from my eyes.

I think we should devote one entire thread to the cheerleaders where only positive comments are made and no one's feelings can get hurt, or will get hurt.

The vast majority of us shouldn't be hurting your feelings by wanting a different song, or a new album, or a different guest, or opening act and speaking openly about it. Hopefully, in your cheerleader thread, you can get as strictly positive vibe, with no other opinions.

It just the right thing to do.

Stole my idea.....start the thread now!!

Second this. Perhaps everyone who shows up there could get a big gold ribbon that says "participant", to help with self esteem, I think that would really help make things more positive.

What's up! Got to see the Pittsburgh show......"Best show ever!!!"

StonesTod helped my self asteem, oddly enough......buffuddling....

Posted by: MikefromATX ()
Date: June 23, 2015 08:06

I see quite a few people saying "we can't expect the band to be who they were in 1967!"

That's all well and good. How bout asking them to play like its 2002?

VETERANS STADIUM- PHILADELPHIA
Brown Sugar
It's Only Rock 'n' Roll
Start Me Up
Don't Stop
Tumbling Dice
Undercover
Wild Horses
You Can't Always Get What You Want
Midnight Rambler
Love Train
Slipping Away (Keith)
Before They Make Me Run (Keith)
Sympathy For The Devil
You Got Me Rocking (B-stage)
Let It Bleed ((B-stage)
Like A Rolling Stone (B-stage)
Gimme Shelter
Honky Tonk Women
Street Fighting Man
Jumping Jack Flash
Satisfaction (encore)

--------

FLEETCENTER - BOSTON
Street Fighting Man
If You Can't Rock Me
It's Only Rock'n Roll
Don't Stop
Stray Cat Blues
Wild Horses
Loving Cup
Rocks Off
Rip This Joint
Tumbling Dice
--- Introductions
Slipping Away (Keith)
Happy (Keith)
Love Train (great song, Mick with white coat and hat!)
Undercover of the Night
Can't You Hear Me Knocking (Ronnie is the master - fantastic!)
Honky Tonk Women (cartoon girl playing with the red tongue)
Satisfaction (Keith just great on guitar, Charlie drumming incredible!)
Mannish Boy (B-stage)
Neighbours (B-stage) (Rock'n'roll vedrsion a la Chuck Berry licks)
Brown Sugar (B-stage) (Bobby Keys joining in)
... the boys leave front left B-staged...
Sympathy For The Devil (encore no.l 1)
Jumping Jack Flash (encore no. 2)
--------

AIR CANADA CENTER - TORONTO

Street Fighting Man
It's Only Rock'n Roll
If You Can't Rock Me
Don't Stop
Rocks Off
Love In Vain
Let It Bleed
Monkey Man
Gimme Shelter
Tumbling Dice
--- Introductions
Thru And Thru (Keith)
Happy (Keith)
Start Me Up
Honky Tonk Women
Can't You Hear Me Knocking?
Satisfaction
Mannish Boy (B-stage)
Neighbours (B-stage)
Brown Sugar (B-stage)
Sympathy For The Devil (encore)
Jumping Jack Flash (encore)

Date: June 23, 2015 08:06

LongBeachArena72
tauk
Naturalust

I actually tried to delete my account the other day. Sent email to the site admin. Got a reply from bv that there was no way to delete an account--you just stopped using it. Do you know of a way to "de-activate" an account, tauk, or did you just mean you would stop using the site?
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++To LongBeachArena72-I just assumed we could de-acticate ourselves if we want to--but I guess I really don't know for sure because I've never tried it. I guess if we can't de-activate ourself we'd have to just stop ever coming to this site. But, I have full trust that it won't be necessary-I trust that this site is run well & fair.

Date: June 23, 2015 09:00

Naturalust
Thanks Cristiano, you know how much I appreciate your presence here. RS I missed me too. And tauk, thanks for the lovely sentiment, hard not to feel good around this crowd. smoking smiley

But...hey no need to worry or get too close here... the next time I get banned from this site I'll go down in a blaze of glory, literary guns firing the whole damn clip, breaking every rule in the book with a sick smile on my face, remembering every rude comment thrown my way and hitting back with a vengeance, whining with glee as I punch the keys in memory of all those that have gone down before me, leaving no doubt in anybody's mind why I have vanished. (just kidding bv) winking smiley

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
TO NATURALUST: ROTFLOL-ROLLING ON THE FLOOR LAUGHING OUT LOUD! So hilarious--because I know you really would do that! AND IT WOULD BE HILARIOUS TO READ IT. And all of your vengeance would be justified, I'm sure...all the times you respond to rudeness with politeness---

This evening when I read about the incident last night, it hit me hard--because remember, I emotionally & mentally, I am still angry/ not finished with our Imaginary Scenario, the one where VERY LOYAL Stones female fans are in a bar when an idiot comes in dissing the Stones--hey NL,that scenario would also apply to the feircely loyal Stones female fans reacting to any dissing of FELLOW POSTERS LIKE YOU. I emotionally am still standing there with a broken beer bottle in my hand "inviting" the idiot(s) into the alley to finish our disagreement.

EDIT= I JUST ERASED all of the rest of this Imaginary Scenario, I'm not an instigator or dangerous so PEACE. LOVE & JOY TO US ALL.

Just one pic I'll add here to show the ROTFLOL
Imagine that 3rd pair of legs--the ones that I didn't even notice at first in this picture- imagine that's me still laughing at your post along with M & K.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-23 09:04 by tauk.

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: June 23, 2015 09:16

tauk
LongBeachArena72

I just assumed we could de-acticate ourselves if we want to--but I guess I really don't know for sure because I've never tried it. I guess if we can't de-activate ourself we'd have to just stop ever coming to this site. But, I have full trust that it won't be necessary-I trust that this site is run well & fair.

How to de-activate your account? Read the below--it is the equivalent of suicide by cop.

Naturalust
...the next time I get banned from this site I'll go down in a blaze of glory, literary guns firing the whole damn clip, breaking every rule in the book with a sick smile on my face, remembering every rude comment thrown my way and hitting back with a vengeance, whining with glee as I punch the keys in memory of all those that have gone down before me, leaving no doubt in anybody's mind why I have vanished. (just kidding bv) winking smiley

Flagrantly break the rules, pick a fight, describe lewd and lascivious sex acts with various and sundry members of the Stones including Brian, and BV will make all your de-activation wishes come true.

spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

- swiss

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-23 09:17 by swiss.

Date: June 23, 2015 09:28

swiss
tauk
LongBeachArena72

I just assumed we could de-actiate ourselves if we want to--but I guess I really don't know for sure because I've never tried it. I guess if we can't de-activate ourself we'd have to just stop ever coming to this site. But, I have full trust that it won't be necessary-I trust that this site is run well & fair.

How to de-activate your account? Read the below--it is the equivalent of suicide by cop

Flagrantly break the rules, pick a fight, describe lewd and lascivious sex acts with various and sundry members of the Stones including Brian, and BV will make all your de-activation wishes come true.

spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

- swiss

Swiss---Oh for a second there I thought you were describing how Mick behaved (or wished he could have behaved) way early on in like 1962......(LUV YA MICK XXXXOOOOOO's in case you read this, just kidding)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-23 09:35 by tauk.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: June 23, 2015 09:46

I knew I shouldn't have gone to work yesterday... seem to have missed quite an eventful day.

I'm very glad to see that naturalust didn't stay banned, and would have added my support if I'd been here - we need all the good posters we can get (and that includes fanboys, apologists, Taylorites, cheerleaders, setlist whiners and comedians).

Date: June 23, 2015 09:53

LongBeachArena72
tauk
Naturalust

You're in for life, mate...

Date: June 23, 2015 09:57

Naturalust
Hey LongBeachArena72, Thanks for the kind words, very cool of you. Feeling is mutual.

keefriffhards

Yeah Ronnie has indeed been somewhat unleashed this tour. Something is different and I sense it too. Not so sure Rambler is the best example since I prefer a more Taylor-esque lead section on that, but he has been really solid and rocking the house on every performance. I actually believe it is him holding things together up there. If he was off in the least bit we would know in a minute because he is LOUD. It's possible he is even bringing up Keith's playing a bit this year. I think he is just more "present" in all aspects and that presence allows him to listen, interact, support and play with more authority, confidence and effectiveness.

Sometimes it seems the guitars are so loud and rocking this tour that the support musicians are hardly heard. It's truly a guitar band again. Only complaint is that they have to remember to turn Charlie up a bit along with Keith and Ronnie. Ive heard section where his drums even become somewhat buried. smoking smiley

Ronnie has held it together since he became sober. It's not something new for this tour.

But it is good that people are noticing it now smiling smiley

Date: June 23, 2015 10:17

DandelionPowderman
Naturalust

keefriffhards

Ronnie has held it together since he became sober. It's not something new for this tour.

i could not agree with you more naturalust. and yes dandilionpowerman he has improved since he is sober, but its not just that Ronnie has been sober before for long stretches on tours since 99. it is something more than that i feel. i really think that since keith got sober he has mellowed and allowed Ronnie to feature more in his guitar playing. the weaving that they always talked of but did not actually do very much is really taking place now. i cant get enough of Keith and Ronnie now, for me they are the show inside the show. its slightly different every night. they are adding little bits all the time on shelter and BTMMR etc. you just wonder if this tour goes to south america they could reach highs they never reached before. what a time in life to hit their peak. incredible. sorry for cheer leading again moaners. oh and sorry for being a troll.

Date: June 23, 2015 10:30

keefriffhards
DandelionPowderman
Naturalust

keefriffhards

i could not agree with you more naturalust. and yes dandilionpowerman he has improved since he is sober, but its not just that Ronnie has been sober before for long stretches on tours since 99. it is something more than that i feel. i really think that since keith got sober he has mellowed and allowed Ronnie to feature more in his guitar playing. the weaving that they always talked of but did not actually do very much is really taking place now. i cant get enough of Keith and Ronnie now, for me they are the show inside the show. its slightly different every night. they are adding little bits all the time on shelter and BTMMR etc. you just wonder if this tour goes to south america they could reach highs they never reached before. what a time in life to hit their peak. incredible. sorry for cheer leading again moaners. oh and sorry for being a troll.

Maybe we're talking past eachother here, but since the comeback (2012) it's been like that on all the four shows I've seen. Ronnie is filling in bits he didn't do before, and he is focusing more on his lead parts.

The work he did on Can't Be Seen on the euro tour, when Keith was a bit lost, was nothing but impressing. He held the song together, playing a combo of rhythm guitar and tasty licks for Keith to «free ride» on top of it all.

Date: June 23, 2015 11:19

DandelionPowderman
keefriffhards
DandelionPowderman
Naturalust

keefriffhards

Maybe we're talking past eachother here, but since the comeback (2012) it's been like that on all the four shows I've seen. Ronnie is filling in bits he didn't do before, and he is focusing more on his lead parts.

The work he did on Can't Be Seen on the euro tour, when Keith was a bit lost, was nothing but impressing. He held the song together, playing a combo of rhythm guitar and tasty licks for Keith to «free ride» on top of it all.

maybe. the point i tried to make was that the way they play it in 2015 just seems to have more rock in it. i think before it used to sort of slow down so much you find yourself waiting for it to build and take off but it just did not quite get there as expected. with Taylor since 2012 it obviously reached great hight's and now back to Keith and Ronnie recently its sort of power and making it right. i just love it these last 6 or 7 times they play it, although Ronnie does get a little over excited at the end lol mainly because Mick leaves him hanging a little too long before he comes in again.

Date: June 23, 2015 11:30

That's cool, if he has improved since last year.

But we're not really complaining now, are we? winking smiley

Date: June 23, 2015 11:39

DandelionPowderman
That's cool, if he has improved since last year.

But we're not really complaining now, are we? winking smiley

no not at all lol winking smiley

Posted by: rockdoc8885 ()
Date: June 23, 2015 16:24

The band is playing as good or better than 2 years ago. More energy and sound is really good as are the visuals.

One complaint that has nothing to do with performance, DON'T GET LUCKY DIP TICKETS UNLESS YOU HAVE A BACKUP TICKETS OR LOCATION TO WATCH THE SHOW.

Most of the tickets really suck, there are a few pair that are decent and maybe one or two pair out of 100 that are great. The Stones and the promoter would rather give their loyal fans who bought the seats from their website an obstructed view or obstructed sound seat and either reduce decent field or decent upper bowl seats or not sell at all. They really don't care about the loyal fans, at least the promoter couldn't give a crap. It's a business and I understand, just don't put people in obstructed view seats without a warning or instructions on how to be relocated. Stadium personnel are clueless on this topic and most people just get screwed.

Ok, that aside, the performance is still great and worth seeing. How much longer will we have the Stones? No one knows so take advantage of the opportunity and go see them. You'll be glad you did and don't get a lucky dip ticket without assurance of being relocated.

Posted by: relms ()
Date: June 23, 2015 17:39

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-23 20:56 by relms.

Date: June 23, 2015 18:16

rockdoc8885
The band is playing as good or better than 2 years ago. More energy and sound is really good as are the visuals.

One complaint that has nothing to do with performance, DON'T GET LUCKY DIP TICKETS UNLESS YOU HAVE A BACKUP TICKETS OR LOCATION TO WATCH THE SHOW.

Most of the tickets really suck, there are a few pair that are decent and maybe one or two pair out of 100 that are great. The Stones and the promoter would rather give their loyal fans who bought the seats from their website an obstructed view or obstructed sound seat and either reduce decent field or decent upper bowl seats or not sell at all. They really don't care about the loyal fans, at least the promoter couldn't give a crap. It's a business and I understand, just don't put people in obstructed view seats without a warning or instructions on how to be relocated. Stadium personnel are clueless on this topic and most people just get screwed.

While I agree that the great majority LD tickets are probably pretty lousy seats, I'm not sure how much of an indication this is of the Stones not caring about their fans. These are stadium shows after all and their are just so many seats that are not really that good it boggles the mind. Of course they are going to have to try to sell these a LD prices and the whole Lucky thing is obviously just a marketing ploy to get people to buy them. I don't think many people should expect them to actually pay out in providing a serious upgrade in their seating. Perhaps in cases where they truly had poor ticket sales that might be the case but they are always going to give the better seats to the ones who paid more for them.

I personally can't imagine watching the Stones (video screen) from 100+ yards away and stadium shows for me are not worth the effort unless you are up close. When close the extra 40,000+ people behind you don't really matter and may actually enhance the experience with the huge roars and audience energy blasted from the crowd. But to expect the Stones to provide anything other than a precious few LD upgrades because they care about their fans when they have a stadium to fill is a bit unrealistic, imo. In the end you get what you pay for like so many other things in this life.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4344454647484950515253...LastNext
Current Page: 48 of 77

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1280
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home