Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4243444546474849505152...LastNext
Current Page: 47 of 77
Re: The ticket prices and other complaints thread
Posted by: Stoneburst ()
Date: June 22, 2015 12:47

DandelionPowderman
Well, I've been around even longer, and it's pretty obvious that the bad chemistry between these posters brought out the worst in them. NL says that he modified his posts, so there must have been something going on.

PS: Saying something degrading or belittling in a civil way isn't necessarily always morally superior to being harsh and provocative.

They both knew very well where they stood.

I'm not taking sides here, as I like both posters very much. Max has been here since the 90s and Tod is a guy I have contact with outside of this board as well.

I wish they could settle this and move on with things.

I can only go on what I've read, but I saw nothing from NL that was harsh or provocative. At most, he (understandably) bit back a wee bit after nearly a page of Max screaming about him. I can't see why Naturalust was obliged to take a vow of silence while Max could call him 'Natureboi', a whiner, a hypocrite, a shit-stirrer, and god knows what besides with impunity. It wasn't just Naturalust that got both barrels from Max. He called me a 'petulant child' the other day, and I know Tele, Kleermaker and numerous other posters have had similar experiences with him. That kind of stuff is just intolerable and it makes this board a worse place.

I'm sorry, I just think you're wrong on this. I can't see how any fair-minded IORRian can read Naturalust's posts and then Max's and see any moral equivalence between them. Also, aren't you meant to email BV and apologise when you get banned, not create multiple dummy accounts from which to continue trolling?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-22 12:49 by Stoneburst.

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: June 22, 2015 12:49

Just read this thread and see Naturalust got banned eye popping smiley He doesn't deserve that imo. I had a discussion with him yesterday and my impression of him was that he liked to echange arguments / explaining his thoughts / was trying to be constructive which is a good thing. A pity to see this happen because I did enjoy exchanging thoughts with him especially these last couple of days. I hope Bjornulf can evaluate this soon and have a chat with Naturalust because we really need people like this on this forum.

Date: June 22, 2015 12:51

That's because there is more history there, Stoneburst.

Although Tele and Max had their quarrels, they always remained friendly as far as I know.

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: June 22, 2015 13:04

DandelionPowderman

Although Tele and Max had their quarrels, they always remained friendly as far as I know.

Saying that, to me you more or less verify Stoneburst's post on the few remaining nuances, where I did not know, if I could follow him.

Posted by: Olly ()
Date: June 22, 2015 13:17

I won't mention any names, as I know that goes against forum guidelines.

All I would like to say is that in the short time (12 months) that I have been browsing the site, and the far shorter time that I have been an active member, it seems some well-established names have departed.

It also seems that there are several new faces seeking genuine, coherent and respectful discussion.

My hope, as one of those new faces, is that this site continues to grow and retains and attracts those interested in purposeful discussion and debate within the accepted guidelines.

thumbs up

Olly.

Date: June 22, 2015 13:18

DandelionPowderman

I'm sure there is history there, but that wasn't the point I was making, as you know.

Date: June 22, 2015 13:35

Stoneburst
DandelionPowderman

I'm sure there is history there, but that wasn't the point I was making, as you know.

I'm not defending any parties here. Merely trying to paint a more holistic picture of both the posters and the situation here.

It's ok if you don't buy it, but if you trust me you'll at least consider buying it.

A vast number of the posters who have been deactivated from this forum are not trolls. But they were pissed off for some reason and said something...

And posters who have been here contributing for 18 years are not trolls, either. They were pissed off and said something... Some more often than others, though.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-22 13:38 by DandelionPowderman.

Date: June 22, 2015 14:12

I don't know what I'm meant to be buying, Dandie. You didn't engage with anything I said, and I'm not really sure what your point is.

I hope Naturalust and BV can sort this out, and we'll see him here again soon.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-22 14:17 by Stoneburst.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 22, 2015 15:44

wow...never a dull moment around here. more drama than the Stones tour!

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: June 22, 2015 16:01

You could see this one coming. I wanted to intervene but that is always tricky. I hope they will be back though. Both of them. Even though Naturalust is closer to my stand.

Posted by: RS ()
Date: June 22, 2015 16:58

swiss
Witness
relms
Naturalust
relms
If you would stop mouthing off naturalust there would be no trouble and no one would have to come rescue you. Give it rest.

Nobody is coming to my rescue relms, perhaps you might give people a bit of credit for speaking their own minds. I would be happy to put you in your place like Rocky did but he's right, it ain't worth the effort.

peace

Then back off and stay off and there will be no further issues.

He is able to defend himself. However, relms, will you please stop distracting Naturalust from writing more of his many interesting posts.

Apparently he was successful in getting Naturalust banned. I just tried to find an old Naturlust thread and his account has been deactivated. Alas...guess he's in a better place now...frolicking in the verdant meadows with stonestod, hbwriter, cocaine eyes, His Majesty, Baboon Bro, the list goes on. And I may be too for speaking up in honesty prison. [Thanks, Thrylan, for coining that phrase!]

Thrylan
Every thread with any potentially negative connotations was merged here.......it's like honesty prison....with guy/chicks.

Naturalust isn't banned! He's on right now. grinning smiley

Date: June 22, 2015 16:59

thumbs up

Date: June 22, 2015 17:02

Stoneburst
DandelionPowderman
It's sad when two long-time posters clash like this. Max clearly had a beef with NL, and I know he asked him to get off his tail.

I read this thread yesterday. Naturalust said and did nothing wrong. He wasn't on anyone's tail. He has been one of this board's best posters the whole time I've been reading IORR and has always been extremely fair minded and civil towards everyone here, even abusive trolls like Relms. No idea what he's been banned for, but if this thread is what did it it's an extraordinary decision, in my view. I'm genuinely shocked and I will really miss his contributions here.

(Is Relms another new MKC account? If so, him getting Naturalust banned is ironic as hell.)

I agree. I admire Naturalust very much. Naturalust helped me out when I first got on the site. I absolutely love to read Naturalust comments because they are so interesting.

-RS

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: June 22, 2015 17:09

Naturalust has logged in. But he isn't able to post?

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: June 22, 2015 17:12

I'm back. Much thanks to Stoneburst, Rokyfan, swiss, Witness, Dreamer, Thrylan, Stoneage, RS and DP for your kind words and support during this unfortunate ordeal.

Obviously Bjornulf was able to understand what transpired and kind enough to allow me back on the site.

All's well that ends well. Now what did I miss? smoking smiley

Date: June 22, 2015 17:16

Naturalust
I'm back. Much thanks to Stoneburst, Rokyfan, swiss, Witness, Dreamer, Thrylan, Stoneage, RS and DP for your kind words and support during this unfortunate ordeal.

Obviously Bjornulf was able to understand what transpired and kind enough to allow me back on the site.

Haha I'm glad your back! You really didn't deserve that, you didn't do anything. I honestly didn't understand why they were doing that to you. Anyways not much but can you look at Milwaukee-Ruby Tuesday? I've been interested to see what you think.

-RS

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 22, 2015 17:18

Olly
It also seems that there are several new faces seeking genuine, coherent and respectful discussion.

It also seems there are several new faces seeking chaotic, belligerent, and disruptive mayhem through their trolling tactics.
If one can't voice a constructive critique and/or or personal opinion due to the child-like sensitivity of some of these new strangers, then it's a sad day for IORR.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: June 22, 2015 17:19

RS

Haha I'm glad your back! You really didn't deserve that, you didn't do anything. I honestly didn't understand why they were doing that to you. Anyways not much but can you look at Milwaukee-Ruby Tuesday? I've been interested to see what you think.

-RS

Thank you dear. You are so sweet ...of course I'll check it out and comment.

Date: June 22, 2015 17:20

Great to see you back, NL, and thanks to BV for straightening this out so quickly.

Date: June 22, 2015 17:20

Naturalust
RS

-RS

Thank you dear. You are so sweet ...of course I'll check it out and comment.

Thank you very much!

-RS

Posted by: MrThompsonWooft ()
Date: June 22, 2015 17:24

Naturalust

Who's fighting and why?

Re: Why oh why the negative comments on this board?
Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: June 22, 2015 18:51

Thrylan
treaclefingers
keefriffhards
Well this is called a fan club. i am a fan. the point i'm making is that some posters don't sound much like fans.they kind of go on and on about the same things as mentioned earlier in this post.
when everyone is buzzing about the live show and the live comments as a show is happening its so exciting until the same people start moaning and winging about set lists or keith played the wrong note on brown sugar and so on. its pathetic to pick holes in a guy who is playing his heart out giving it all for the audience in hot stadiums under even hotter lighting rigs.
i just don't think that's the time to whine about things.

This then, is obviously the time to whine about things in your opinion...

Reading your post left me with a bit of soul searching and I'm noticing a salty discharge being emitted from my eyes.

I think we should devote one entire thread to the cheerleaders where only positive comments are made and no one's feelings can get hurt, or will get hurt.

The vast majority of us shouldn't be hurting your feelings by wanting a different song, or a new album, or a different guest, or opening act and speaking openly about it. Hopefully, in your cheerleader thread, you can get as strictly positive vibe, with no other opinions.

It just the right thing to do.

Stole my idea.....start the thread now!!

Second this. Perhaps everyone who shows up there could get a big gold ribbon that says "participant", to help with self esteem, I think that would really help make things more positive.

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: June 22, 2015 19:22

There is a good group of fans who are disenchanted with the current shows. To ban folks because they voiced their opinion is plain wrong. I keep in touch with several of the banned folks, including the recent crop. What a shame. I suppose it wont be too long until my opinions get me banned. I certainly wont be paying $740 for a pair of tickets to another Stones show. Not because I don't love the band (which I do!) but because the current show brings nothing new to the table.

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: June 22, 2015 19:42

Did Tele get banned? What was his handle Tele 71?

IORR............but I like it!

Posted by: JTHanis ()
Date: June 22, 2015 19:56

flacnvinyl
There is a good group of fans who are disenchanted with the current shows. To ban folks because they voiced their opinion is plain wrong. I keep in touch with several of the banned folks, including the recent crop. What a shame. I suppose it wont be too long until my opinions get me banned. I certainly wont be paying $740 for a pair of tickets to another Stones show. Not because I don't love the band (which I do!) but because the current show brings nothing new to the table.

Great post. We all share the same core value -- love of the Rolling Stones. People who are labeled "whiner" still have that feeling which is demonstrated by the fact they have opinions, good or bad. They love the band enough to care. In the grand scheme of things, the set list is irrelevant compared to world hunger.

What we have now is a community that is being molded to conform with one opinion. People were banned for not liking Lisa's Gimme Shelter but one could say "Keith sucks" all they want. There is no consistency.

Music is about passion and I would argue that the ones who have strong opinions are more passionate than the dullards who subscribe to the views that keep their status on IORR safe and secure.

Posted by: LongBeachArena72 ()
Date: June 22, 2015 20:59

JTHanis
flacnvinyl

Great post. We all share the same core value -- love of the Rolling Stones. People who are labeled "whiner" still have that feeling which is demonstrated by the fact they have opinions, good or bad. They love the band enough to care. In the grand scheme of things, the set list is irrelevant compared to world hunger.

What we have now is a community that is being molded to conform with one opinion. People were banned for not liking Lisa's Gimme Shelter but one could say "Keith sucks" all they want. There is no consistency.

Music is about passion and I would argue that the ones who have strong opinions are more passionate than the dullards who subscribe to the views that keep their status on IORR safe and secure.

There was a post recently by a guy who had attended a recent show--maybe Pittsburgh?--with his son. The guy had some reservations about the show, while his son apparently was more wholeheartedly enraptured by the band's performance.

A respondent to this post then said and I'm obviously paraphrasing here: well, then, perhaps you should have let your son write the review!

Now, that reply may very well have been at least a bit of a joke, but something about it resonated with me ... because, it does seem that any criticism of the band is unacceptable in certain quarters.

I chalk this up to the internet phenomenon of "haters:" it is now virtually impossible online (especially in "niche" groups where passions run high) to disagree with a prevailing opinion without being labelled a "hater." It's as if people have lost the ability to hold two competing concepts in their heads at the same time w/o leaping to a judgement and/or condemnation.

And, purely as a personal aside, if a dude as open-minded, kind, charitable, funny, and knowledgeable as Naturalust can be vilified to the point of banning here ... well, then, the "here" may be well on its way to not being worth one's time at all!

Date: June 22, 2015 21:16

In principle I agree with all of this, but it's important to remember that what happened here was BV getting the wrong end of the stick, quickly realising his mistake, and correcting it. He deserves a lot of credit for that, and for being pretty accessible in general. There are plenty of web fora where the moderators make a point of never backing down in cases like this.

Date: June 22, 2015 21:18

Stoneburst
In principle I agree with all of this, but it's important to remember that what happened here was BV getting the wrong end of the stick, quickly realising his mistake, and correcting it. He deserves a lot of credit for that, and for being pretty accessible in general. There are plenty of web fora where the moderators make a point of never backing down in cases like this.

thumbs up

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: June 22, 2015 22:06

Olly
I won't mention any names, as I know that goes against forum guidelines.

All I would like to say is that in the short time (12 months) that I have been browsing the site, and the far shorter time that I have been an active member, it seems some well-established names have departed.

My hope, as one of those new faces, is that this site continues to grow and retains and attracts those interested in purposeful discussion and debate within the accepted guidelines.

i absolutely second that smileys with beer

thumbs up

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: June 22, 2015 22:20

Hairball
Olly

It also seems there are several new faces seeking chaotic, belligerent, and disruptive mayhem through their trolling tactics.
If one can't voice a constructive critique and/or or personal opinion due to the child-like sensitivity of some of these new strangers, then it's a sad day for IORR.

i get the feeling you are referring to me Hairball. you could not be more wrong. im sorry i got a bit excited on my first day here yesterday. i will cool it in future. i just felt a bit mortified by the reaction to my original post. i have witnessed and enjoyed reading all your interesting discussions for many years on iorr. i just thought it would be nice to join in and have my say. if you guys dont want me to join in ok. i except that. one love.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4243444546474849505152...LastNext
Current Page: 47 of 77

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1191
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home