Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4142434445464748495051...LastNext
Current Page: 46 of 77
Re: The ticket prices and other complaints thread
Posted by: SackofBrokenEggs ()
Date: June 22, 2015 03:08

Okay, I know it's not Keith now. Anyway, I just like the way the Stones sound nowadays. But I guess I'm on the wrong thread for that kind of talk....

Posted by: hobgoblin42 ()
Date: June 22, 2015 03:57

Interesting thread. Yesterday I went to my first Rolling Stone's concert and the setlist was perfect for me. Maybe "Between a Rock and a hard place" might have improved it for me but oh well. Observing the 50,000 plus crowds reaction and listening to the comments in the hotel bar and the smoking area after, everyone appeared to agree with me. Maybe the 200 people watching someones Periscope feed disagreed and that is fine.

I am happy, if for some reason I die tonight, I had fun at my first and probably last Stones gig.

Hob

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-22 03:58 by hobgoblin42.

Date: June 22, 2015 03:58

Enjoy the fresh air... outside of the bubble....

Re: Why oh why the negative comments on this board?
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 22, 2015 04:39

relms
treaclefingers
keefriffhards
Well this is called a fan club. i am a fan. the point i'm making is that some posters don't sound much like fans.they kind of go on and on about the same things as mentioned earlier in this post.
when everyone is buzzing about the live show and the live comments as a show is happening its so exciting until the same people start moaning and winging about set lists or keith played the wrong note on brown sugar and so on. its pathetic to pick holes in a guy who is playing his heart out giving it all for the audience in hot stadiums under even hotter lighting rigs.
i just don't think that's the time to whine about things.

This then, is obviously the time to whine about things in your opinion...

Reading your post left me with a bit of soul searching and I'm noticing a salty discharge being emitted from my eyes.

I think we should devote one entire thread to the cheerleaders where only positive comments are made and no one's feelings can get hurt, or will get hurt.

The vast majority of us shouldn't be hurting your feelings by wanting a different song, or a new album, or a different guest, or opening act and speaking openly about it. Hopefully, in your cheerleader thread, you can get as strictly positive vibe, with no other opinions.

It just the right thing to do.

At least you are not being snarky about things.

chortle

Re: Let's Cool It On the Complaints
Date: June 22, 2015 04:52

stonehearted
<<You came at me.>>

That's what she said (with egg on her face).

I just saw this, with all these threads being merged, and I really don't appreciate it. How was I to know relms isn't a woman?

Posted by: Thrylan ()
Date: June 22, 2015 05:09

Every thread with any potentially negative connotations was merged here.......it's like honesty prison....with guy/chicks.

Date: June 22, 2015 05:14

Well great, I'm just not gonna post again until the new album is released. I'll be back to say I told you so!!!! THE ROLLING STONES RULE!!!!!!!

Date: June 22, 2015 05:17

They themselves have indicated that was not the case for a few years now. Remember, Keith has had a solo album in the can for like a decade now.

Posted by: relms ()
Date: June 22, 2015 05:22

SackofBrokenEggs
stonehearted
<<You came at me.>>

I just saw this, with all these threads being merged, and I really don't appreciate it. How was I to know relms isn't a woman?

Who knows what that person was talking about? I dont worry about it too much. It is like that naturalust guy always starting shit and then acting totally stunned when he gets a proper reply to his bullshit. Dont want any shit? then dont start any shit.

Its all good Sack, no worries.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-22 05:25 by relms.

Re: Why oh why the negative comments on this board?
Date: June 22, 2015 05:26

treaclefingers
relms
treaclefingers
keefriffhards
Well this is called a fan club. i am a fan. the point i'm making is that some posters don't sound much like fans.they kind of go on and on about the same things as mentioned earlier in this post.
when everyone is buzzing about the live show and the live comments as a show is happening its so exciting until the same people start moaning and winging about set lists or keith played the wrong note on brown sugar and so on. its pathetic to pick holes in a guy who is playing his heart out giving it all for the audience in hot stadiums under even hotter lighting rigs.
i just don't think that's the time to whine about things.

This then, is obviously the time to whine about things in your opinion...

Reading your post left me with a bit of soul searching and I'm noticing a salty discharge being emitted from my eyes.

I think we should devote one entire thread to the cheerleaders where only positive comments are made and no one's feelings can get hurt, or will get hurt.

The vast majority of us shouldn't be hurting your feelings by wanting a different song, or a new album, or a different guest, or opening act and speaking openly about it. Hopefully, in your cheerleader thread, you can get as strictly positive vibe, with no other opinions.

It just the right thing to do.

At least you are not being snarky about things.

chortle

guffawspinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: June 22, 2015 05:27

This reminds me of a JumpinJack'Olantern situation awhile back.......what were the other AKA's?

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: June 22, 2015 06:00

relms
SackofBrokenEggs
stonehearted
<<You came at me.>>

Who knows what that person was talking about? I dont worry about it too much. It is like that naturalust guy always starting shit and then acting totally stunned when he gets a proper reply to his bullshit. Dont want any shit? then dont start any shit.

wtf? How old are you relms? 12? Nobody can have an adult conversation with you in the room. Pretty clear from your posts that you have either initiated the attacks on me and anybody who's posts don't meet your adolescent standards of positivity or made completely unprovoked attacks like this. Grow up. Proper replies involve a bit of courtesy and common sense, neither of which you've been able to show in your 2 months on this site, under your new name anyway.

peace

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-22 06:04 by Naturalust.

Date: June 22, 2015 06:03

Naturalust
relms
SackofBrokenEggs
stonehearted
<<You came at me.>>

wtf? How old are you relms? 12? Nobody can have an adult conversation with you in the room. Pretty clear from your posts that you have either initiated the attacks on me and anybody who's posts don't meet your adolescent standards of positivity or made completely unprovoked attacks like this. Grow up. Proper replies involve a bit of courtesy and common sense, neither of which you've been able to show in your 2 months on this site, under your new name anyway.

peace

peace

And here is the guy who says dont get personal getting personal again. What a joke this guy is, a total hypocrite. Give it a rest shecky.

peace? his sign off should be war monger or shit starter

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: June 22, 2015 06:06

It's like mud wrestling with a pig, natural, you can't win.

Date: June 22, 2015 06:08

Rokyfan
It's like mud wrestling with a pig, natural, you can't win.
Are you his big brother? He starts shit with people and you always come chime in and cover for him when he cant handle the trouble he starts?

Date: June 22, 2015 06:10

If you would stop mouthing off naturalust there would be no trouble and no one would have to come rescue you. Give it rest.

Posted by: Chester ()
Date: June 22, 2015 06:11

The greatest IORR message board comment of all-time was on this thread.

SFTD - Even the devil is tired of this one.

Ha! Classic!

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: June 22, 2015 06:16

relms
If you would stop mouthing off naturalust there would be no trouble and no one would have to come rescue you. Give it rest.

Nobody is coming to my rescue relms, perhaps you might give people a bit of credit for speaking their own minds. I would be happy to put you in your place like Rocky did but he's right, it ain't worth the effort.

peace

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: June 22, 2015 06:19

"Always"." I haven't posted in days and never 'defended' natural, not that he needs it. In fact I find there is less and less of interest to read here since you and the rest of your whine police seem to be effective in driving discussion from the board. I've been busy with yardwork and other grown up stuff.

For some reason, naturalust, whose posts I have enjoyed for years, has chosen to engage you instead of what most of the other incisive posters here have done in response to your (not just you, to be fair) crap, which is to just stop posting.

You are really too much. What happened, you graduated and miss the hall monitor job?

Date: June 22, 2015 06:20

Naturalust
relms

Nobody is coming to my rescue relms, perhaps you might give people a bit of credit for speaking their own minds. I would be happy to put you in your place like Rocky did but he's right, it ain't worth the effort.

peace

Then back off and stay off and there will be no further issues.

Date: June 22, 2015 06:42

I share these feelings.

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: June 22, 2015 09:42

relms
Naturalust
relms

peace

He is able to defend himself. However, relms, will you please stop distracting Naturalust from writing more of his many interesting posts.

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: June 22, 2015 11:26

Witness
relms
Naturalust
relms

peace

He is able to defend himself. However, relms, will you please stop distracting Naturalust from writing more of his many interesting posts.

Apparently he was successful in getting Naturalust banned. I just tried to find an old Naturlust thread and his account has been deactivated. Alas...guess he's in a better place now...frolicking in the verdant meadows with stonestod, hbwriter, cocaine eyes, His Majesty, Baboon Bro, the list goes on. And I may be too for speaking up in honesty prison. [Thanks, Thrylan, for coining that phrase!]

Thrylan
Every thread with any potentially negative connotations was merged here.......it's like honesty prison....with guy/chicks.

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: June 22, 2015 11:28

relms
SackofBrokenEggs
stonehearted
<<You came at me.>>

And ps -- are you guys pretending to be dense about stonehearted's jest?

Posted by: Stoneburst ()
Date: June 22, 2015 11:29

Naturalust has been banned?

Date: June 22, 2015 11:46

It's sad when two long-time posters clash like this. Max clearly had a beef with NL, and I know he asked him to get off his tail.

On the other hand, discussions like these often blow up some steam, and it's easy to say things one necessarily doesn't mean to.

I don't know what happened here, though, as the posts apparently have been modified..

It's sad anyway...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-22 11:48 by DandelionPowderman.

Date: June 22, 2015 11:52

keefriffhards
Thrylan
Sometimes absolutely, but over playing tends to feed the Vegas affect. I'd go for 10 no brainers and have a reasonable shot at a SFM, RO, HB, SS etc....... Maybe a SSC, LMG, Neibors, UC, HS 2 song 80's rotation......rotate a few post SW songs.

I think a lot of folks would be at home before they realized what they didn't hear. All this having been said I enjoyed attending the Pittsburgh show, warhorses and all! Incidentally, I think MR is indispensable right now.....it smokes.

AMEN to RAMBLER. i cant believe they are doing such a job on it without Tayor.
he raised the bar. Roonie is so good these days you just wonder where was he between 78' and this tour since 2012. maybe keith cut him some slack lol

Where have you been? They have played excellent renditions of it since 1975 without Taylor...

Posted by: Stoneburst ()
Date: June 22, 2015 12:05

DandelionPowderman
It's sad when two long-time posters clash like this. Max clearly had a beef with NL, and I know he asked him to get off his tail.

I read this thread yesterday. Naturalust said and did nothing wrong. He wasn't on anyone's tail. He has been one of this board's best posters the whole time I've been reading IORR and has always been extremely fair minded and civil towards everyone here, even abusive trolls like Relms. No idea what he's been banned for, but if this thread is what did it it's an extraordinary decision, in my view. I'm genuinely shocked and I will really miss his contributions here.

(Is Relms another new MKC account? If so, him getting Naturalust banned is ironic as hell.)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-22 12:07 by Stoneburst.

Date: June 22, 2015 12:21

Stoneburst
DandelionPowderman

I read this thread yesterday. Naturalust said and did nothing wrong. He wasn't on anyone's tail. He has been one of this board's best posters the whole time I've been reading IORR and has always been extremely fair minded and civil towards everyone here, even abusive trolls like Relms. No idea what he's been banned for, but if this thread is what did it it's an extraordinary decision, in my view. I'm genuinely shocked and I will really miss his contributions here.

(Is Relms another new MKC account? If so, him getting Naturalust banned is ironic as hell.)

Well, I've been around even longer, and it's pretty obvious that the bad chemistry between these posters brought out the worst in them. NL says that he modified his posts, so there must have been something going on.

PS: Saying something degrading or belittling in a civil way isn't necessarily always morally superior to being harsh and provocative.

They both knew very well where they stood.

I'm not taking sides here, as I like both posters very much. Max has been here since the 90s and Tod is a guy I have contact with outside of this board as well.

I wish they could settle this and move on with things.

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: June 22, 2015 12:38

Stoneburst
DandelionPowderman

Naturalust has been a taylorite, broadminded enough to praise the band's concerts without Mick Taylor now. I have not been so much into threads lately, but it was a post of his, enthousiastic, that made me realize, when coming from him, really how good the current concerts, even with their rather repeated setlists, must be, all the same. He was the one to keep up some of my curiosity about this tour, during a period when my mind is more directed against other experiences than the Stones. And now he, with his perspective and depth, of all posters, is the one to be deactivated, having been provoked.

Well, I want to thank you for your posts, naturalust.
It is an occasion to add towards you: peace!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4142434445464748495051...LastNext
Current Page: 46 of 77

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1536
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home