Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3839404142434445464748...LastNext
Current Page: 43 of 77
Re: Let's Cool It On the Complaints
Posted by: relms ()
Date: June 21, 2015 08:50

SackofBrokenEggs
relms
SackofBrokenEggs

You are a good person with a positive attitude and that is a good thing. Keep on rocking and having fun and doing it your way. Rock on.

Thanks relms, that's very nice of you to say, and I feel the same way about you. If you're a single woman, maybe we should talk...

But anyway, this is an incredibly fun tour, with the periscoping, it's truly amazing to be watching and listening to these shows as they're going on. It tops a lot of the other geeky stuff us fans do on the internet.... And thanks to apple, too! I'm just happy and grateful to be watching and listening to these shows as they're going on. So, the internet is proving to be good for something other than selling products, actually... Long live the Stones! smileys with beer

Im an ugly dude. I share your positve attitude about The Stones.

Posted by: SackofBrokenEggs ()
Date: June 21, 2015 08:53

Haha. Oh great, We're two ugly dudes. It's getting worse for me on this website. I'm getting my ass kicked at every turn here. I should've never picked the name "SackofBrokenEggs." What did I expect.... smileys with beer Cheers, relms. Here's to you, loves...

Posted by: SackofBrokenEggs ()
Date: June 21, 2015 09:05

LOL and not that there's anything wrong with it, either. Btw, are we entirely sure the Sicilian guy isn't in the mafia? Don't shoot, I'm just a Stones fan.... smileys with beer

Posted by: MrThompsonWooft ()
Date: June 21, 2015 09:15

Agree. Too many people expect the Stones (and other acts) to be waht they were in the 60s or 70s. Unrealistic and unfair.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 21, 2015 17:16

relms
treaclefingers
relms
SackofBrokenEggs
Haha. Oh great, We're two ugly dudes. It's getting worse for me on this website. I'm getting my ass kicked at every turn here. I should've never picked the name "SackofBrokenEggs." What did I expect.... smileys with beer Cheers, relms. Here's to you, loves...
smileys with beer Its Only Rock and Roll.

why don't you two go get a room...and play pool or cards or something while listening to Tattoo You (side two).

Do you have to try to be a dick, or does it come naturalust to you?

That was a nice comeback! I like how you dragged another poster in!

kudos to you smileys with beer

Date: June 21, 2015 17:19

treaclefingers
relms
treaclefingers
relms
SackofBrokenEggs
smileys with beer Its Only Rock and Roll.

why don't you two go get a room...and play pool or cards or something while listening to Tattoo You (side two).

Do you have to try to be a dick, or does it come naturalust to you?

That was a nice comeback! I like how you dragged another poster in!

kudos to you smileys with beer

I have to try though, I am usually not very good at it. I need to buy a book or something. winking smiley

Date: June 21, 2015 17:20

Or I guess download a book, proper interneting is hard.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 21, 2015 17:32

relms

that's what she said.

Posted by: donvis ()
Date: June 21, 2015 17:33

flacnvinyl
ryanpow
I think there's been a lot of positive reactions and comments to this tour along with legitimate complaints from some. Pretty well balanced from what I've seen, although I don't read every single thread.

Exactly. Many of us who voice complaints also voice strong positives of what we enjoy. Being a passionate fan is one of the many reasons I enjoy coming to this forum. And as someone who paid $740 for two tickets to a show this tour, I think I am entitled to gripe about the setlist a bit!
Agree. I will quit bitching if and when they release the Fonda show on CD and blu ray. Not until then!!!!!

Date: June 21, 2015 17:40

treaclefingers
relms

that's what she said.

Yeah, I heard her say it and stole her line. I need to hire a writer of my own. winking smiley

Date: June 21, 2015 21:39

Naturalust
Don't think relms needs much help in either the dickness or the tiny todger department actually.
peace

Hey look its the hypocrite guy back to start more shit spouting his bullshit.

Its the guy who says peace in all of his posts while constantly waging war.

Its the guy who whines about name calling as he calls other people names, like fanboy.

Its the guy who constantly bashes on the Stones and then whines when anyone defends The Stones. It is the guy who is so full of shit his hair is brown.

Posted by: Thrylan ()
Date: June 21, 2015 21:51

OK...... Get a room with yourself....preferably without internet......

Posted by: Thrylan ()
Date: June 21, 2015 22:05

What if 2 Mick Taylor's got a room with a warhorse?

Date: June 21, 2015 22:07

What if Mick Taylor rode in on a saw horse?

Date: June 21, 2015 22:10

smiling smiley I am still so happy about last nights show, it was awesome!! TigerDebbie is awesome!! The Stones are AWESOME!!!

Date: June 21, 2015 22:12

And Mikemnewman is AWESOME TOO !! smiling smiley

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: June 21, 2015 22:35

from what i have seen on the you tube clips they are really getting into their stride now. they should of kept the 14 on fire name going because in 2015 they are soo on fire. to think that they are in their seventies. just amazing how they are so committed and determined to show us all they still have what it takes to be the best band in the world.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: June 21, 2015 22:37

relms
Naturalust
Look relms you dragged me into this. In the interest of keeping the board civil and not to get personal, I suggest we both just delete any offensive posts. I have done so. If you want to keep getting personal I imagine you will find yourself looking in from the outside in pretty short order.

peace

You got very personal with me today, and now you talk like this?

You came at me. Stop doing that and and we will have no issues. And drop the peace line, it is a lie. And try to add some actual content sometime, not just your baseless opinion.

I did no such thing..How did I get very personal with you? Look I've edited my post and have asked you to do the same, in the interests of peace. Sorry you've got a problem with how I sign my posts, I think actions speak louder than words.

peace

Date: June 21, 2015 23:10

keefriffhards
from what i have seen on the you tube clips they are really getting into their stride now. they should of kept the 14 on fire name going because in 2015 they are soo on fire. to think that they are in their seventies. just amazing how they are so committed and determined to show us all they still have what it takes to be the best band in the world.
thumbs up
Listening to the periscopes and Youtubes I am flabbergasted how great they are sounding. It is magic!

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: June 21, 2015 23:20

Complaints in 2015: "gosh, they're playing Start me Up at every concert, that makes a boring setlist".

Complaints in 2020: "why aren't they touring anymore? I would love to see them playing live at least one more time, even with Start me Up on the setlist". spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: taz22 ()
Date: June 21, 2015 23:46

relms
keefriffhards

thumbs up
Listening to the periscopes and Youtubes I am flabbergasted how great they are sounding. It is magic!

Really? I watched the Gimme Shelter video from Pittsburgh and Mick sounds flat. Maybe it is just the recording quality.

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: June 21, 2015 23:48

1969Fan
IORRians...It's 2015. The Rolling Stones are not the same band they were in 1968. There is nothing wrong with that. They gave us a rich legacy of music that will live forever and they owe us, their fans, nothing. Fortunately, we have pristine studio versions of their timeless compositions (the warhorses) on multiple types of media so we may enjoy them at our leisure from now until the cows some home. And thanks to the fact that in spite of their numerous behavioral detours along the way, they recorded and preserved their live shows back in the day so may enjoy them now as well. Brussels, LA 1975, Leeds, Hampton Roads, etc. I'm sure there are more to come.

Bottom line is that the Rolling Stones are not as hungry as they were in 1968, 69, 70, 71, and 72. They persevered and they achieved success. Enormous, world wide success. They should not be punished for this. We should be thankful they are still putting on great shows for enthusiastic audiences. Shows they take seriously and that they stage so the greatest numbers of fans may experience and enjoy them to the highest degree. The Stones have nothing to gain and everything to lose if they tried to write songs like they did 45 - 50 years ago. That simply ain't gonn'a happen.

Beatles fans can't buy tickets to see them perform live. Stones fans can. We should stop all this bitching and moaning about set lists and warhorses and enjoy them while we can. It ain't going to last forever. Wake up!

thumbs upthumbs upthumbs up

Time to play the Ziggo Dome in AMSTERDAN 3 times next year with the Fonda Theatre setlist.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-21 23:49 by RipThisBone.

Date: June 21, 2015 23:56

taz22
relms
keefriffhards

thumbs up

Really?

Yup, really.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-21 23:57 by relms.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: June 22, 2015 00:06

<<You came at me.>>

That's what she said (with egg on her face).

Date: June 22, 2015 00:13

stonehearted
<<You came at me.>>

Did you forget to put your peace sign off on that post?

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: June 22, 2015 00:21

taz22
1969Fan

Shows they take seriously and that they stage so the greatest numbers of fans may experience and enjoy them to the highest degree.

Almost spit my coffee on the computer screen when I read this.If the 1965 version of Mick Jagger saw himself today, he'd kick his butt for mailing it in!

Frankly, I think the 1965 Mick would be stunned at how hard he works and how much he accomplishes in his 70's. In 1965, most people in their 70's were retired, spending the days relaxing at home. In fact, that's still true! How many of us are within 15 years of Mick's age? Mick flew across the country and played three shows last week. What did we do?

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: June 22, 2015 00:23

relms
stonehearted
<<You came at me.>>

What peace sign? But since you requested one, her ya go....

Date: June 22, 2015 00:25

stonehearted
relms
stonehearted
<<You came at me.>>

What peace sign? But since you requested one, her ya go....

Seems appropriate

Posted by: LeedsLungs71 ()
Date: June 22, 2015 00:28

I will quote Keith Richards :

"Who cares what some @#$%& halfway around the world on the internet thinks?"

LOL

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: June 22, 2015 00:32

taz22
relms
keefriffhards

thumbs up

Really? I watched the Gimme Shelter video from Pittsburgh and Mick sounds flat. Maybe it is just the recording quality.

I've noticed Mick tends to have trouble on that one and the only reason I can think of is his monitoring with Lisa's (ahem) dominant vocal included with his. Perhaps turning her down in his monitor a bit for this song would be helpful.

But if you want to hear flat, check out Satisfaction. The best recording in the world couldn't help the vocal on that one. Yes he did reach for his earpiece a few times but I'm not sure that was the issue. He probably just hears and sings differently when he's pissed off and possibly the fatigue in his voice and ears after yet another loud show (after 50+ years of them) couldn't compete.

peace

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3839404142434445464748...LastNext
Current Page: 43 of 77

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1027
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home