Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3435363738394041424344Next
Current Page: 39 of 44
Re: Show number 2: London O2 Arena Nov. 29 show updates
Posted by: capsula ()
Date: November 30, 2012 21:08

Awesome to see how Taylor has brought fresh air and, at the same time, technical quality to their playing. I'm surprised to see how he can contribute to bring back the feeling that, to me, they lost a long time ago. Let's hope that they can bring him back in the next tour, and I would love to see him.

Posted by: stonemexico ()
Date: November 30, 2012 21:10

I think Florence Welch perfomance's is the best of the females that have sing with Mick over the years.Its Great !!!!

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: November 30, 2012 21:12

I know I am late, but flying home sorting photos etc. At least I met Björnulf in person for the first time after 30 years. smileys with beer In the pit tongue. The show was even better then Sundays first. As soon as I can I will share the photos with some great moments again like I did the last time and some one will help me to upload cheers GR 1978winking smiley

Posted by: FrankM ()
Date: November 30, 2012 21:15

These threads are kind of predictable after awhile. As usual you have some great reviews, great commentary, great pictures and somebody who will make a silly statement about how some second rate band like Van Halen and not The Stones are the musical event of the year.

After reading the two threads for the London shows I'm a little bummed out that I won't be going to any of the NY/NJ shows.

Date: November 30, 2012 21:35

BluzDude
I'm pretty sure Keith hasn't done that lick at 3:38 in probably 20 years...in ANY song

Clapton must have plugged his guitar in under the stagedrinking smiley

Check out Bitch, the studio version...

Posted by: nerd1 ()
Date: November 30, 2012 21:53

This is the shot that I hoped for on Sunday
sad smiley

- the o2 November 29th 2012 (capture from Sumiko Bito's Satisfaction clip - apologies for the quality)[/quote]

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: November 30, 2012 21:56

kleermaker
with sssoul
Ahh: Here's what I'm sorry I missed at the Sunday show:

- the o2 November 29th 2012 (capture from Sumiko Bito's Satisfaction clip - apologies for the quality)

Great pic! Maybe Bjornulf should replace the one on the homepage with this one, because Bill is included. All living (ex-)Stones together. Wonderful.

Someone with a defter hand at screen captures could get a better one from the end of that Satisfaction clip -
I wish someone would! It's such a splendid moment

Posted by: RobberBride ()
Date: November 30, 2012 21:58

Great pics SiverDagger! Good you had a great time smiling smiley

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: November 30, 2012 22:03

His Majesty
kowalski
benstones
Champagne and Reefer, with Eric Clapton.

Once again Keith Richards did a great solo...

Keith @#$%& richards! Love his biting tone and spot on solos from these concerts! hot smiley

Despite the quality this one is AWSOME

Posted by: rambler44 ()
Date: November 30, 2012 22:06

I am going to the December 15th Newark Show and have watched a lot of the YouTube clips from the first two shows. The band sounds great and I have no issues with the setlist. One thing that seems to be coming through on the YouTube clips, and I am hoping some folks that were at these shows can say it is not true, is that Mick and Keith appear to be going out of their way to avoid any contact or acknowledgement of each other while each of them is interacting with everyone else. If this is the case it makes me sad because it's like a divorced couple who have to get together at the kids weddings and birthdays and stay on separate sides of the room.

Also, has there been any acknowledgement at these shows that it is Mick, Keith, & Charlie who have actually been in the band for all 50 years?

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: November 30, 2012 22:07

Re comments on where each band member was during Lady Jane,
This is similar to how it was when they performed it in 1966.
The "teller of the story" Mick is out front
Brian was prominent to the left on dulcimer.

The staging of a live performance in concert is for the audience.
The thought of all members of the band crowding together for Lady Jane would take away from the mood and the words of the song.

Sorry if people who are just as happy with videos seen on a screen can't control the staging.

Posted by: chop ()
Date: November 30, 2012 22:11

Wasn't there a chummy moment between Mick and Keith a few nights ago when Mick was like "ya still got that Bo Diddley record I lent ya Keith?"

or something to that effect

I think you might be reading too much into it. Both Mick and Keith have jobs to do on stage. they can't pal around too much. They communicate on things when they need to

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: November 30, 2012 22:12

nerd1
sad smiley

- the o2 November 29th 2012 (capture from Sumiko Bito's Satisfaction clip - apologies for the quality)
[/quote]

Why are the Stones so lucky in the hair department.

I guess wig never know.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: November 30, 2012 22:12

GS1978
GravityBoy
Pie1
Gimme Shelter

Seriously... just frackin brilliant!!!!!

Where did this Keith hide for 10 years?

Great performance by everyone including Florence.

I agree. I wish I was there.

If you haven't already, you all should watch this version of an AMAZING performance. Florence Welch inspired and pushed the Stones. Watch Jagger, Richards & Watts' faces -- they are all locked in. Her brilliance and energy made them raise their game and showed that she's a very talented girl they still are the greatest rock n roll band in the world (at least on some nights...).

note to the stones: get a version of this on rollingstones.com, facebook, rolling stones app, etc today

Man!!! this one rocks ................

Date: November 30, 2012 22:14

GravityBoy
nerd1
sad smiley

I guess wig never know.[/quote]

well Keith...not so much

Date: November 30, 2012 22:18

chop
GravityBoy
nerd1
sad smiley

I guess wig never know.

well Keith...not so much

Keith is lucky in the bandana department.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-30 22:19 by GravityBoy.

Posted by: dadrob ()
Date: November 30, 2012 22:19

okay now get Bill on a boat to America asap!

Posted by: barbabang ()
Date: November 30, 2012 22:24

The interplay between Charlie and Mick Taylor at 5.35 on Midnight Rambler : Pure Magic!

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: November 30, 2012 22:26

NICOS
GS1978
GravityBoy
Pie1
Gimme Shelter

Seriously... just frackin brilliant!!!!!

Where did this Keith hide for 10 years?

Great performance by everyone including Florence.

I agree. I wish I was there.

If you haven't already, you all should watch this version of an AMAZING performance. Florence Welch inspired and pushed the Stones. Watch Jagger, Richards & Watts' faces -- they are all locked in. Her brilliance and energy made them raise their game and showed that she's a very talented girl they still are the greatest rock n roll band in the world (at least on some nights...).

note to the stones: get a version of this on rollingstones.com, facebook, rolling stones app, etc today

Man!!! this one rocks ................

Much better view that!

Date: November 30, 2012 22:28

dadrob

Bill has flown to places with the Rhythm Kings...into the USA as well. I'm sure he'll be here for the shows

Posted by: roby ()
Date: November 30, 2012 22:28

Yes, it's magic, lot of fun for Charlie for sure !

barbabang
The interplay between Charlie and Mick Taylor at 5.35 on Midnight Rambler : Pure Magic!

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: November 30, 2012 22:39

dadrob

Just checked, there aren't any transatlantics that will get him here in time. Looks like no Bill for the New York shows. thumbs down sad smiley

Date: November 30, 2012 22:41

chop
dadrob

Bill has flown to places with the Rhythm Kings...into the USA as well. I'm sure he'll be here for the shows

Oooooh, so maybe there's hope yet!

Date: November 30, 2012 22:41

CindyC
dadrob

Just checked, there aren't any transatlantics that will get him here in time. Looks like no Bill for the New York shows. thumbs down sad smiley

Did anyone call INTERNATIONAL RESCUE?

Posted by: paulm ()
Date: November 30, 2012 22:45

I'm gonna get flamed for this, and I've been trying to convince (deceive) myself it's not the case...but even though MT's appearance has full-circle symbolism, his playing, including dexterity, phrasing and musical sensibility has taken a huge hit. Something through the years really set this guy back.

Even Keith has somewhat improved with relative sobriety, as others have pointed out, from previous tours. MT, on the other hand, is but a shadow of his peak self, and he's younger than Keith.

On the plus side, he seems to be a happy chap.

Date: November 30, 2012 22:54

GravityBoy
Did anyone call INTERNATIONAL RESCUE?

Don't worry, I've got Team America on it. They're coming to save, the m*thrfckn day yeah.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: November 30, 2012 22:56

I'm glad that Mick T and Bill were on stage with the Stones. It sort of puts a closure to things. Although I'd love to have Mick T, and Bill, especially, in the studio with them, I think that may be hoping for too much. With more time together some new magic could be made. I know they're trying to prop up Darryl, but he's just a placekeeper. He's Kenney Jones in the Who. He can nail the bass sound down at times, but there's no subtlety, no art.

Date: November 30, 2012 23:05

Agreed 24FP, Daryl Jones does nothing for me on these shows. He's marking time as Keith would say, literally, watch his leg, non-stop moving on the beat, distracted from actual playing, not integrated with the nuances of the band. Next...

Posted by: bv ()
Date: November 30, 2012 23:16

stonemexico
I think Florence Welch perfomance's is the best of the females that have sing with Mick over the years.Its Great !!!!

Florence Welch was great at the show last night. When I watched the youtube video on her official web site - from GS last night - it was very different. Mind you I was completely sober last night, so it is nothing like that. I think the sound is terrible on that video. Her great voice is not captured. The guitars are not captured. Watching a show on a bootleg video might give you hints, but it does not give the whole story like it was there.

Now I am thinking... What female guest singers will they bring up in the US... and how about great blues guitarists?

Bjornulf

Date: November 30, 2012 23:20

+1 on Florence, and I did consider that L'Wren might have to keep watch, but after closer inspection I think L'Wren will be fine.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3435363738394041424344Next
Current Page: 39 of 44

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1524
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home