Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3435363738394041424344Next
Current Page: 41 of 44
Re: Show number 2: London O2 Arena Nov. 29 show updates
Posted by: Harm ()
Date: December 1, 2012 09:14

no great video of YCAGWYW?

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: December 1, 2012 09:54

Very impressive photos Hendrik.
Thanks!

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: December 1, 2012 10:14

Great pictures, Hendrik and latvianinexile. BTW, is that you in the pit with the LATVIJA sign?

Posted by: Hendrik ()
Date: December 1, 2012 10:32

A few more,enjoy...

Hendrik Mulder

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: December 1, 2012 10:38

Gorgeous photos, thank you

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: latvianinexile ()
Date: December 1, 2012 11:15

Green Lady
Great pictures, Hendrik and latvianinexile. BTW, is that you in the pit with the LATVIJA sign?

Yeah, it's a hockey scarf. BTW, if anyone has a picture of it taken from the screen, e.g. in the second half of Thursday's concert I would very much appreciate to have it. I would need it for an article in a Latvian publication. Thank you.

Posted by: DartfordRenegade ()
Date: December 1, 2012 11:35

paulywaul
Some pictures from last night, taken from the aisle in block 112 ....

Cheers

Superb Photos Paul - thanks for posting.

Posted by: paulm ()
Date: December 1, 2012 12:40

nice pix pauly and hendrik. This is my fav and for sure will get lots of discussion in the coming months (years?) here. Monumental...

Posted by: Turd On The Run ()
Date: December 1, 2012 13:08

I've spent the last several hours or so flying through these posts and watching the videos. Thank you to everyone for being so generous with your words, pictures, and videos. What a rush to hear Keith once again locked into his guitar! And Ronnie's playing is also so terrific. Jagger is really singing again!!! The nasal twine is almost gone and his strong, supple voice is once again in evidence. This is NOT the band I last saw in 2007. Having first seen them in 1972 as a (very) young guy, and then through all their tours since, I have to admit that -- to my ears -- this is the very best they have sounded in decades. I like this mature, committed, self-assured version of the band far more than other recent iterations.

God dammit...I guess I'll have to rob some poor bastard in some back alley to get the cash for their New York shows...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-01 13:25 by Turd On The Run.

Posted by: paulm ()
Date: December 1, 2012 13:20

Turd On The Run
Jagger is really singing again!!! The nasal twine is almost gone and his strong, supple is once again in evidence.
You know, Turd, that's a really good point. Those vacuous affectations have magically disappeared. Maybe he reads IORR. I knew I liked his performance for a reason!!

Date: December 1, 2012 13:25

Nice one Manofwealthandtaste! (love the username too) pleased I briefly meet you on thursday. Did you manage to get lucky with seatwave ? I really hope you got a ticket for the show

Date: December 1, 2012 14:00

Hello to all my fellow "Stones" brothers and sisters. I will like to add a big thank you to all the posters for you kind comments regarding my ticket story.

It's very humbling for me to read these posts. I am still flying about the show on Thursday and where i saw it from but I would have been equally buzzing if i had watched it through a whole in the ceiling too!!! I loved the poster that asked me if the "Girl" I gave up the ticket on Sunday for was hot!!!!!!!!

Karma does work and eventually it will even up so it's all balanced out, so always keep the faith. It was most certainly the rock n roll thing to do!!!

A big thank you to Seatwave too. The video clips and photo's are amazing. Think I'll be opening a bottle of jack tonight and playing and looking at them all over again and again and again and again and again!!!!

Posted by: robv ()
Date: December 1, 2012 15:08

virgil
NO Plexiglass with Charlie, where was the setlist posted or was it even?
Set lists were taped onto the floor the old fashioned way.

The backline was stripped down to two combo amps each for Keith and Ronnie. The complete backline, including Charlie's drumkit would fit into the back of VW-van! Gone are the Ampeg and Boogie days.

I guess the volume on stage was a lot less than in the old days, that's probably why Charlie left out his plexiglass.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: December 1, 2012 15:19

robv
virgil

The backline was stripped down to two combo amps each for Keith and Ronnie. The complete backline, including Charlie's drumkit would fit into the back of VW-van! Gone are the Ampeg and Boogie days.

I guess the volume on stage was a lot less than in the old days, that's probably why Charlie left out his plexiglass.

Hallelujah .... thank f**k for that !!

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: BBrew ()
Date: December 1, 2012 15:54

I just arrived home...what a great concert. Everything about the concert has already been told on these 40 pages (some great pics and videos - thanks)- a fantastic night. I will write more later after I get some sleep - still having the concert buzz. Was very happy to meet a lot of Stones fans from all over the world and a lot of iorr-ians in The Pilot. I don't think any other band has these kind of fans...

Re: Second O2 show Thursday Nov. 29 show updates
Date: December 1, 2012 17:51

Edith Grove
ohotos
"We had to pay a £100,000 fine because we played for too long. That's like 10 seats!"
Lots of jokes about high ticket prices... too bad I don't believe that prices are not something that they could control. Seems they just want to make it appear that way.

Jagger's thumbing his nose at the audience. An @#$%& for doing that.

As you can clearly see, Jagger doesn't know how many seats it actually is.

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: December 1, 2012 18:01

GS1978
GravityBoy
Pie1
Gimme Shelter

Seriously... just frackin brilliant!!!!!

Where did this Keith hide for 10 years?

Great performance by everyone including Florence.

I agree. I wish I was there.

If you haven't already, you all should watch this version of an AMAZING performance. Florence Welch inspired and pushed the Stones. Watch Jagger, Richards & Watts' faces -- they are all locked in. Her brilliance and energy made them raise their game and showed that she's a very talented girl they still are the greatest rock n roll band in the world (at least on some nights...).

note to the stones: get a version of this on rollingstones.com, facebook, rolling stones app, etc today

Sorry, Florence Welsh performance is nothing to Lisa's performance; the tremolo in her voice is horrible and doesn't fit to the song. Further Lisa restricts herself to the middle part of the track and her voice is better by far. Why not the song without any background singer?

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: December 1, 2012 18:12

paulywaul
robv
virgil

Hallelujah .... thank f**k for that !!

paulywaul...those are some amazing shots...thank you!

Date: December 1, 2012 18:43

Great photos indeed!

Darryl left for Bill to play - how come Ronnie didn't leave for Mick T to play?

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: December 1, 2012 18:44

Paul, Hendrik and Latvian, thanks & praises for all the splendid photos

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: December 1, 2012 19:24

Bitches Brew
I just arrived home...what a great concert. Everything about the concert has already been told on these 40 pages (some great pics and videos - thanks)- a fantastic night. I will write more later after I get some sleep - still having the concert buzz. Was very happy to meet a lot of Stones fans from all over the world and a lot of iorr-ians in The Pilot. I don't think any other band has these kind of fans...
Never heard such horseshit in my life... what have you been smoking smiling smiley
See you next time!

Date: December 1, 2012 20:05

Whale
Bitches Brew
Never heard such horseshit in my life... what have you been smoking smiling smiley
See you next time!

Hey my friend, It's a deal, I still owe you that drink smileys with beer

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: December 1, 2012 20:25

latvianinexile
Green Lady

Yeah, it's a hockey scarf. BTW, if anyone has a picture of it taken from the screen, e.g. in the second half of Thursday's concert I would very much appreciate to have it. I would need it for an article in a Latvian publication. Thank you.

You're in the live fan shots in this JJF video at around 3:56: I don't know how to do screen grabs but I bet somebody does...

Date: December 1, 2012 20:53

benstones
You can't always get what you want

Who played intro on this song, cause this song has great trombone intro, but it sounds like it's played on keyboard, or perhapse saxophone?

Date: December 1, 2012 20:58

GS1978
GravityBoy
Pie1
Gimme Shelter

If you haven't already, you all should watch this version of an AMAZING performance. Florence Welch inspired and pushed the Stones. Watch Jagger, Richards & Watts' faces -- they are all locked in. Her brilliance and energy made them raise their game and showed that she's a very talented girl they still are the greatest rock n roll band in the world (at least on some nights...).

note to the stones: get a version of this on rollingstones.com, facebook, rolling stones app, etc today

But this video doesn't truly capture her great vocal possibilities. I hope they release official CD/DVD of this performance. She was amazing!!!

Date: December 1, 2012 21:15

Bitches Brew
GS1978
GravityBoy
Pie1
Gimme Shelter

But this video doesn't truly capture her great vocal possibilities. I hope they release official CD/DVD of this performance. She was amazing!!!

Two things: Keith's playing is brilliant. His revenge. I mean I have not heard him this sharp and focused, in I don't even know....
But Florence. Maybe it's just this recording, and it was different live, but to me she sounds like she is just screaming. On basically one note, and that one is flat. I hate nay-sayers winking smiley but I'm just not hearing it.

Show number 2: London O2 Arena Nov. 29 show updates
Date: December 1, 2012 21:32

...a few hours ago I came back from London and I only like to say that I'm sooo happy that I attend to this show spinning smiley sticking its tongue out. It was absolutely amazing - simply my best concert since their club-gig in Circus Krone, Munich (8th June 2003)!!! Mick was great as always, Keith played much better than years before... a show with Mick Taylor and Bill Wyman... Eric Clapton as special guest... I'm speechles!

I believe my long year stones-buddy "NedKellyBandit" is thinking the same after these great days! For me it would be great to see them again in 2013... like Keith said: "With this band, everything is possible" smoking smiley.

Much fun to everybody who will see the Boys in NYC!!!

Best regards from Germany,
Daniel

P.S. - Many thanks to Hendrik for these great pics!

Date: December 1, 2012 21:45

Great pics by Paulywaul, just fantastic.
Who was on the Twin? Taylor? I was wondering about the Boss and MXR (?) pedals in front of it.
I have only now had the time to watch the videos, and I am just blown away, AMAZED at this band. IMO this is the best they have sounded since regrouping in '89. There is a strength in their presence.
The Gibsons are a great choice. A full ballsy sound to complement the focused playing by Ronnie and Keith. I can not get over how good Keith is playing. None of that hopping around.
On Champagne & Reefer he never even goes on Clapton's side. In older days he would have jumped around him, in his face, making sure Ronnie got to time with him, stepping on other solos. While EC tore it up, and Ronnie too (on Gibson!) I thought Keith had the best solo.
Midnight Rambler was outrageous. It is like all here said: Taylor needed one day to calm down. It was like a different man up there. His playing was great; not all over the place. Also he was not running around. At around 4.00 Jagger gets some of his best dancing going. It's like "There's no one like him". Then at about 7.00 after a dead stop the 3 guitars chug up into this lazy sleazy blues groove that is insane.

Posted by: Hendrik ()
Date: December 1, 2012 22:33

Saturday evening now,2 days after the amazing november 29 show and I can't think about anything else...a few more pics:

Hendrik Mulder

Posted by: gripweed ()
Date: December 1, 2012 23:03

Great pics hendrik, can't wait to SEE your pics of Mick Taylor with the Boys!!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3435363738394041424344Next
Current Page: 41 of 44

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1746
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home