Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3435363738394041424344Next
Current Page: 40 of 44
Re: Show number 2: London O2 Arena Nov. 29 show updates
Posted by: marcovandereijk ()
Date: November 30, 2012 23:33

Candy from heaven, these clips you guys keep posting, for us mortals who can only dream of
ever witnessing this ourselves. Thanks everybody!

Just as long as the guitar plays, let it steal your heart away

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: November 30, 2012 23:44

I just watch a lot of videos...........by the time they do there free gig at Altamont in December 2013 we got our GYYYO II grinning smiley

Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: November 30, 2012 23:48

Thank you to all who have submitted these videos and pictures. As cynical as this fan has been about the Stones over the last several years, I never thought I would see the day that Mick T and Bill would be on the same stage together. Gosh, watching these clips sends goosebumps down my spine. I don't know if Jagger gave a pep talk to the other Stones before the start of these shows or not, but from what I have observed from the two nights of videos thus far, the Stones have not sounded this sharp, focused and musically together at the start of a tour in many a year. From past tours, it has taken a half dozen shows or so for them to get in the groove. I am truly happy for the Rolling Stones that they will bow out with their chops (and their legacy) still in tact!

Date: November 30, 2012 23:56

Was L'Wren at the shows?

Any Stones family too maybe?

Georgia? Oh Georgia...

Posted by: rrronnie ()
Date: December 1, 2012 00:11

One of Keith's daughters(don't know if Alexandra or Theodora)and also a girl that looked like Georgia Jagger from where I was standing where in front of the pit during Keith's set and some other songs. They seemed to have a great time, too.

Posted by: judd6149 ()
Date: December 1, 2012 00:16

In case anyone is looking for a first hand review of the london gigs from a Keith Freak, have a read of this:

If anyone wants to read my review on the London gigs, check it out here:

“Boldly going where no band has gone before: Keith Richards leads the Rolling Stones into their 50th year with two bow-down London gigs”

[popdose.com]

Posted by: angee ()
Date: December 1, 2012 00:18

"...from what I have observed from the two nights of videos thus far, the Stones have not sounded this sharp, focused and musically together at the start of a tour in many a year."

That's what I've been thinking too, Sighunt.

I wonder if they rehearsed more and then there were the two French club dates, plus the "public" rehearsal for the lucky.
You might be right in saying maybe Mick gave them a pep talk. I also think with Ronnie sober and Keith probably as close to that as he's been, that would help. cool smiley Great to hear and see.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: latvianinexile ()
Date: December 1, 2012 00:24

Posted by: latvianinexile ()
Date: December 1, 2012 00:25

Posted by: rrronnie ()
Date: December 1, 2012 00:33

Back in Germany after three great days in London. The concert was just amazing.GOOMC worked well as the opener and it sounded better than Sunday. So did IWBYM.The first numbers just worked fine and Lady Jane was performed so brilliantly. GS - what can I say? I thought Florence had problems to get into the song but then it improved and they did a fantastic rendition of that great song. Clapton just fit much better than Beck, Taylor played well but I wouldn't compare his contribution to this song to 72/73. After all it was more a good jam and definitely a historic event that we have been waiting for so long. The band played so much better than at most shows I saw them on the last tour. I even liked Miss you last night.I was so happy to be there and I want to thank my new friend Heart for Stones who helped me out with a spare ticket.

Posted by: Hendrik ()
Date: December 1, 2012 00:42

Just came back home after an amazing night with the Rolling Stones and my 15 year old daughter who has a smile on her face for the last 24 hours.
We got our green wristbands just before 18.00; had to wait for a few minutes and then the gate went open. Some walking and running and a few minutes later we entered the pit, picked our spot, front row, exactly in the middle....
Everything was so unreal: within 2 hours the Stones would be in front of us and my daughter would experience something she will never ever forget: witnessing the greatest rock and roll band in the world..up close, alive and kicking!
The show was amazing, great setlist, unexpected opening song, Lady Jane, Clapton on Champagne & Reefer, Bill Wyman steady on bass, Taylor loud on a 12 minute version of Midnight Rambler, You Can't Always Get What you Want with choir and 3 encores. Great to see that Keith and Ronnie played really well; obvious to see that they really want to put down a great show and they did!

Will post some pics soon....

Thank you Rolling Stones!

Hendrik Mulder

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-01 01:37 by Hendrik.

Re: Second O2 show Thursday Nov. 29 show updates
Posted by: lmatth8461 ()
Date: December 1, 2012 00:59

steel driving hammer
Who the @#$%& is Rick Wakeman?
He was the guy playing keyboards alongside Chuck.
Nowadays the 70's cape has been replaced with a Harry Potter style invisibility cloak.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: December 1, 2012 01:03

Great to read that, I was pretty much in that spot on Sunday night, second row, and it was quite something...although I hate to say it but having been in that same spot at Trabendo a month before it didn't feel as unreal as it did that day.

Didn't they give the bracelets at the gate after 18.30 like on Sunday, or did you have a VIP package maybe?

I extracted a screenshot of the pit and posted it here : [www.iorr.org] maybe you'll see yourself or your daughter in it ;-)

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Sister Marie ()
Date: December 1, 2012 01:05

Amazing concert yesterday. Midnight Rambler and Lady Jane were my highlights, but the whole setlist was ok for me (only a few songs were not my thing but we can't... etc.). I also enjoyed the Clapton' song, and the duet with Florence was very nice to watch, even if musicaly not perfect. I loved the choir on YCAGWYW.
I decided to go at this show very recently and I don't regret at all.

Posted by: TeddyB1018 ()
Date: December 1, 2012 01:26

NICOS
GS1978
GravityBoy
Pie1
Gimme Shelter

Seriously... just frackin brilliant!!!!!

Where did this Keith hide for 10 years?

Great performance by everyone including Florence.

I agree. I wish I was there.

If you haven't already, you all should watch this version of an AMAZING performance. Florence Welch inspired and pushed the Stones. Watch Jagger, Richards & Watts' faces -- they are all locked in. Her brilliance and energy made them raise their game and showed that she's a very talented girl they still are the greatest rock n roll band in the world (at least on some nights...).

note to the stones: get a version of this on rollingstones.com, facebook, rolling stones app, etc today

Man!!! this one rocks ................

Terrific, really! Love to see Florence less mannered and more real. Amazing that Mick Jagger can sing nose to nose with her at 69 and make it work.

Posted by: virgil ()
Date: December 1, 2012 02:20

NO Plexiglass with Charlie, where was the setlist posted or was it even?

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: December 1, 2012 02:35

Bobby lay off the burgers, your getting large my friend

Posted by: Thru and Thru ()
Date: December 1, 2012 02:38

I'm absolutely amazed at the quality of pictures you guys are taking at the show, what kind of cameras are you using?

Florence and Mick had incredible chemistry on stage, no doubt one of the best versions of GS I've seen. If I was L'Wren I'd be worried... LOL

Lady Jane was done beautifully, they sounded so good together that somehow I felt like Brian was in the room. I sure hope we'll get it in Newark too.

Thanks all so much for your reports, reviews, pictures and videos, you guys are great!

Lose your dreams and you will lose your mind...

Posted by: spsimmons ()
Date: December 1, 2012 02:42

I'm surprised that more pictures of the final bow with Talor and Wyman haven't popped up. I love seeing these.

Posted by: stonesfrkk ()
Date: December 1, 2012 03:49

rrronnie
Back in Germany after three great days in London. The concert was just amazing.GOOMC worked well as the opener and it sounded better than Sunday. So did IWBYM.The first numbers just worked fine and Lady Jane was performed so brilliantly. GS - what can I say? I thought Florence had problems to get into the song but then it improved and they did a fantastic rendition of that great song. Clapton just fit much better than Beck, Taylor played well but I wouldn't compare his contribution to this song to 72/73. After all it was more a good jam and definitely a historic event that we have been waiting for so long. The band played so much better than at most shows I saw them on the last tour. I even liked Miss you last night.I was so happy to be there and I want to thank my new friend Heart for Stones who helped me out with a spare ticket.
Nice observation rrronnie,I trust your opinion since i've seen a few show's with you.I've watched the video's and yes it sounds pretty unreal i can't wait to hear it live myself.GS sounded insane Keith was fabulous at the end sounded like the album version pretty much.

Posted by: vox12string ()
Date: December 1, 2012 04:55

virgil
NO Plexiglass with Charlie, where was the setlist posted or was it even?

On the floor, in front of Mick's mic, ancient technology - a sheet of paper!

Re: Second O2 show Thursday Nov. 29 show updates
Posted by: freddierogers ()
Date: December 1, 2012 05:00

Complaints about the set list ? At this or any other Stones show ? A Stones concert is like sex--- at worst it is fantastic,at best it's a religous experience.

Posted by: Markdog ()
Date: December 1, 2012 05:15

As a fan for over 30 years I have to admit I've just had my mind blown. Wow. This is legendary stuff. Wholly crap Keith!! WTF! I haven't heard anything like that from him in so long, he is owning it!! So focused, powerful. It's almost like he is one with the guitar again. Ronnie, totally top knotch, Charlie, solid as a rock, Mick singing and jumping arounding like he is still 30 years old.

These 2 show cement their legacy on the highest possible note....and there may be more to come.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: December 1, 2012 05:39

The Sicilian

Fantastic version, just brilliant.

Why is Keith and Ronnie sitting way back by the drummer kit? They should all be out front. That ruined the visual of the song. What is the matter with these guys? No interaction, that scene is not very friendly. 50 years and they can't collaborate for a slow acoustical gathering at center stage.

stonesrule
Re comments on where each band member was during Lady Jane, This is similar to how it was when they performed it in 1966. The "teller of the story" Mick is out front
Brian was prominent to the left on dulcimer.

The staging of a live performance in concert is for the audience. The thought of all members of the band crowding together for Lady Jane would take away from the mood and the words of the song.

Sorry if people who are just as happy with videos seen on a screen can't control the staging.

I absolutely and unequivocally disagree. There is too much separation, they could have sat in those double circles on both sides just behind Mick giving everyone plenty of comfort zone. Besides the guitar parts are equally important to the song as the singing. This is practically the only song that this arrangement would have been possible on this night.

Without a doubt if that arrangement had Keith and Ronnie up front everyone would be talking about moment. Banishing the guitarists to the sides of the drum kit is plainly separation, they may have well been sitting on the steps off the back of the stage smoking a cigarette.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: December 1, 2012 06:23

The Sicilian
The Sicilian

Fantastic version, just brilliant.

Why is Keith and Ronnie sitting way back by the drummer kit? They should all be out front. That ruined the visual of the song. What is the matter with these guys? No interaction, that scene is not very friendly. 50 years and they can't collaborate for a slow acoustical gathering at center stage.

stonesrule
Re comments on where each band member was during Lady Jane, This is similar to how it was when they performed it in 1966. The "teller of the story" Mick is out front
Brian was prominent to the left on dulcimer.

The staging of a live performance in concert is for the audience. The thought of all members of the band crowding together for Lady Jane would take away from the mood and the words of the song.

Sorry if people who are just as happy with videos seen on a screen can't control the staging.

I absolutely and unequivocally disagree. There is too much separation, they could have sat in those double circles on both sides just behind Mick giving everyone plenty of comfort zone. Besides the guitar parts are equally important to the song as the singing. This is practically the only song that this arrangement would have been possible on this night.

Without a doubt if that arrangement had Keith and Ronnie up front everyone would be talking about moment. Banishing the guitarists to the sides of the drum kit is plainly separation, they may have well been sitting on the steps off the back of the stage smoking a cigarette.

It's great you were at least able to find something to bitch about. The visual separation.

Yeah, that really hurt the performance.

Posted by: TE ()
Date: December 1, 2012 06:46

steel driving hammer
I printed this whole thread to read again in the bathroom when I need to be there for sometime, if you know what I mean...

Makes for great reading and great smiles!

I've done this w/ other threads here too btw...

Stones.
Did as well, but no decent curry yet. Got lots to read...

TE
Oslo

Date: December 1, 2012 07:21

rrronnie

Ditto rrronnie!!!
TE
Oslo

Date: December 1, 2012 08:02

Back in Oslo last night, fell a sleep 19:xx (pm that is).

Read most here but...

I loved the starters both nights, but 10,000 people out of 2x,000, would love Start me up (sorry) as a starter
Great to get The Last time, can¨t wait for Not Fade Away¨in te US.
I need Slipping away one night since he is playing and singing,
Buddy Guy or Clapton, hey come come, Taylor you too, and if Wymann...

Then Sweat Virginia and She was hot.

TE
Oslo

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: December 1, 2012 09:00

Got to listen to Honky Tonk Women. Not great fidelity so I had to put on headphones to hear what Bill was doing. There wasn't much and that out of the blue he just found that empty spot where he ad libbed a couple cool lines. I'm sorry, but they haven't swung like that since he left. He's got to do more with them.

Posted by: Hendrik ()
Date: December 1, 2012 09:01

Some pics as promised:

Hendrik Mulder

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-01 10:27 by Hendrik.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3435363738394041424344Next
Current Page: 40 of 44

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1807
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home