Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3031323334353637383940...LastNext
Current Page: 35 of 44
Re: Show number 2: London O2 Arena Nov. 29 show updates
Posted by: three16 ()
Date: November 30, 2012 07:21

treaclefingers
three16
winter
The improvement on MR was awesome. Hire that guy for 5-6 numbers a night on the 2013 tour, just like Bobby K. He's listening, he's moving, he's engaging with everybody, he's focusing. he looked like he was having more fun onstage than I've ever seen him have, and he just survived being put under a big microscope; the world and his peers seeing what he's got on a stage that had Keith, Ronnie, Beck and Clapton. This is the greatest musical event of 2012. (Okay, for Stones' fans anyways.)

I think all that movement and over playing and engaging with everyone is just his ego getting the best of him while he's excited to be there. In his mind he probably thinks the world has awaited his full return to the band when in reality most still wonder why he left. I respect Taylors input in regard to the bands history but also I've heard many exceptional versions without him. He's just as responsable to the bands legacy as the rest of them including Ronnie. Mick Taylor happenend to have been involed with the band when Jagger/Richards' creativy was peaking. History has proven the band didn't need him. They are easily adaptable. Personally, I'm glad those to shows are over. Now I can look forward to more of the current more relevant version of the band. I mean no disrespect to your words. I'm just adding my thoughts inspired by yours. I'm a huge Stones fan of each era but I don't consider this the greatess musical event of 2012. I may have to give that Van Halen.

I was with you, but...you completely lost me at that last sentence.

It helps to be quick! lol

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: November 30, 2012 07:23

benstones
You can't always get what you want

Something doesn't gel for me at the beginning of this one. Is the horn part out of tune?

Posted by: winter ()

frozengold

I guess you have me mixed up with stonesfrkk. Goodnight!

I sure did. Clicking and reading too fast, lol.

Posted by: stonesfrkk ()

benstones
You can't always get what you want

Not that good of a lead a bunch of tri ads Start Me Up was better imo.

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: November 30, 2012 07:34

Love this thread.. every post. Can't wait for the last time to show up..

Posted by: winter ()
Date: November 30, 2012 07:40

three16
treaclefingers
three16
winter
The improvement on MR was awesome. Hire that guy for 5-6 numbers a night on the 2013 tour, just like Bobby K. He's listening, he's moving, he's engaging with everybody, he's focusing. he looked like he was having more fun onstage than I've ever seen him have, and he just survived being put under a big microscope; the world and his peers seeing what he's got on a stage that had Keith, Ronnie, Beck and Clapton. This is the greatest musical event of 2012. (Okay, for Stones' fans anyways.)

I think all that movement and over playing and engaging with everyone is just his ego getting the best of him while he's excited to be there. In his mind he probably thinks the world has awaited his full return to the band when in reality most still wonder why he left. I respect Taylors input in regard to the bands history but also I've heard many exceptional versions without him. He's just as responsable to the bands legacy as the rest of them including Ronnie. Mick Taylor happenend to have been involed with the band when Jagger/Richards' creativy was peaking. History has proven the band didn't need him. They are easily adaptable. Personally, I'm glad those to shows are over. Now I can look forward to more of the current more relevant version of the band. I mean no disrespect to your words. I'm just adding my thoughts inspired by yours. I'm a huge Stones fan of each era but I don't consider this the greatess musical event of 2012. I may have to give that Van Halen.

I was with you, but...you completely lost me at that last sentence.

It helps to be quick! lol

Fair points. To clarify, the I meant the show as the event; Taylor's 11 minutes tonight was just the big cherry on top. You can tell he thought about Sunday and adjusted. I probably find that a little more exciting than I should, haha. Just having a blast listening to tonight's MR performance.

Posted by: frozengold ()
Date: November 30, 2012 07:51

Get rid of Chuck and put back in Blondie Chaplin for musical director; and you got an even better band.

Posted by: carlitosbaez ()
Date: November 30, 2012 08:08

The Rolling Stones Dirty Rock Magazine in Spain gig Review with pics and videos:
CRÓNICA del segundo concierto The Rolling Stones con fotos y vídeos:
[dirtyrock.eu]
GIG REVIEW The Rolling Stones second show in London with pics and videos

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: November 30, 2012 08:32

Wow, couldn't follow live and just finished the whole thread! Another fu--ing awesome show and I loved the set list... bring it on to Newark/ Time for some sleep. There's a storm waging here in the Bay Area

Thanks guys for all the great reporting.
smiling smiley

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: November 30, 2012 08:48

I saw Van Halen in 2012. DLR was bloody awful.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: November 30, 2012 08:52

Why the F*CK can't the guitar techs give Taylor the proper volume on stage? He's still begging to be louder.

Posted by: benstones ()
Date: November 30, 2012 08:52

LADY JANE HERE IT IS

Benjamin.

Posted by: benstones ()
Date: November 30, 2012 08:56

Champagne and Reefer, with Eric Clapton.

Benjamin.

Posted by: Highwire75 ()
Date: November 30, 2012 08:58

benstones
LADY JANE HERE IT IS

Superb...

Date: November 30, 2012 09:08

Okay yeah, I'm pretty sure Keith hasn't done that lick at 3:38 in probably 20 years...in ANY song.

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: November 30, 2012 09:21

Before Internet you had to wait sometimes weeks to know what happened and trade the recording with other fan. Now you wake up and Champagne with great solos is infront of you. Kind of magic
Great play on that one

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Date: November 30, 2012 09:31

71Tele
frozengold
Can anbody tell me why Keith never get that fuzzface sound you can hear on record for Satisfaction, then they play live? Should it be so hard with todays technology?
I think that sound does the tune. It almost sounds like horns.

Because he apparently finds it too inconvenient to use the Maestro fuzz box that he used on the record. If you plug your guitar into one of those, that sound is readily found, but nothing else will produce it. Maybe Chuck can just sample it on his keyboard.

He did in 95.

Date: November 30, 2012 09:34

Fantastic, show last night, I managed to get a tongue pit ticket for £200 just 15 Mins before show time. I'll share with you how I managed to get so lucky.

I tried to get ticket's for Sunday's show first. I went to seatwave outside the venue and I was offered a general ticket for £100 ( the ticket was unclaimed) as the show was just about to start inside. I was offered the ticket because I walked into the office thirty seconds in front of a girl right behind me about two hours previously.

We both had been there for waiting to see if we could get lucky. The ticket offered was the very last one, they had. I Saw this girls face and I could not bring myself to take the ticket, so I done the decent thing and offered her the ticket (The ultimate sacrifice!!!!!!)

The girl had never seen the stones and I have many times down the years, and i thought "oh what the hell", she deserves it.... One very happy and grateful girl left the office and made her way to the venue.

For my sacrifice I was given a beer from the office fridge (Happy day's), by a member of the booking team for my kindness. I mentioned I would try my luck Thursday, i figured I got nothing to lose right!

I got to the office again last night and it was packed with people trying to buy online. The same member of staff saw me and at around 15 Min's before show time after all online sells had been completed, I was offered a tongue pit ticket which was unclaimed for £200!!!!

I was in dreamland to say the least!!!!!!!! Just goes to show one good turn deserves another. The rock n roll god's were looking down on me, so thank you all so much and also to the fantastic staff member who also played a part in providing me with the ultimate ticket.

I've seen the Stones countless of times all around the world since my first show at Wembley Stadium aged "21" on the Voodoo lounge Tour. Some amazing experiences and some wonderful friendship made in that time watching them followed.

Watching them from where I was standing last night reminded me of the countless hours queuing up 10 hours before show time to get down the front, when It was so much easier to get ticket's and get around and see them.

The show was amazing (But that's just par for the course i guess) and I saw some very familiar faces from stones gig's from the last 15 years!!! The Last time ??? Somehow i seriously doubt that!!! This ride aint stopping yet my friends.

Hope you all loved the show, those who were lucky enough to be there and for those he weren't as lucky, keep the faith and keep persistent and you will receive the ultimate prize, to see the "Greatest rock n roll band in the world!!!!

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: November 30, 2012 09:48

Justin

Okay yeah, I'm pretty sure Keith hasn't done that lick at 3:38 in probably 20 years...in ANY song.

Wow! That lick could easily fit in with Led Zep's Dazed And Confused. It sounded quite Page-like. Keith's playing has been a revelation during these two shows. He is clearly performing to his true, current, ability.

Date: November 30, 2012 09:50

Keith does the Bitch-lick in Satisfaction? Brilliant !

Date: November 30, 2012 09:54

True that, Al.

Can't wait to see the new videos from last night's show. If word is that he was in even better form last night than Sunday--then we are in for a real treat. Watching some new footage from Sunday night's show I'm seeing such an engaged Keith (check the latest videos on the Sunday night video thread on the last page). He's so committed to his playing it's quite remarkable...even on songs like "Doom and Gloom" where he could easily just ride it out (sort of like what he did with "Don't Stop") but instead he's playing with conviction as if HE wrote the song. So great to finally see Keith take this all seriously again.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: November 30, 2012 10:00

paulywaul
They played the best version of Rambler since MSG 1969 tonight at the O2, welcome back to the RS .... Mr Mick Taylor

An unbelievable version of Midnight Rambler. Video will be posted in a few hours.

Posted by: roby ()
Date: November 30, 2012 10:11

Yeah ! Can't wait.

Silver Dagger
paulywaul
They played the best version of Rambler since MSG 1969 tonight at the O2, welcome back to the RS .... Mr Mick Taylor

An unbelievable version of Midnight Rambler. Video will be posted in a few hours.

Re: Second O2 show Thursday Nov. 29 show updates
Posted by: Lady Jayne ()
Date: November 30, 2012 10:21

Green Lady
Just got home.

Well, it wasn't an accident on Sunday, it wasn't a fluke - they did it again, and in some places they did it better.

I'm not consulting the rest of the thread first, so I may have things out of order.

Get Off Of My Cloud is a livelier opener than I Wanna Be Your Man, which was fine in second spot - they went to town a bit more on IWBYM with Ronnie's solo and so on. The Last Time instead of It's All Over Now, then Paint it Black.

Mick joking that they had to pay $100,000 fine for running late - That's like - TEN seats!

Gimme Shelter - Florence did a much better (and much LOUDER) job than Mary J - very in-your-face with Mick.

They have mixed the set up a bit so that Miss You comes earlier, before the big high of Mick Taylor's appearance, and that works much better. They cut Wild Horses and gave us Lady Jane instead. I enjoyed that, but half my block seemed to think it was the perfect time for a bathroom break. Philistines!

And that was quite a Live With Me, too. Looking forward to the video of that. No All Down The Line, the tribute video was shown during LWM.

Guest spot with Eric Clapton on Champagne & Reefer - Keith also doing quite a long solo on this. I'll say here that Keith looks much more relaxed tonight - on Sunday he seemed almost hesitant at first, concentrating on his playing - tonight smiling much more and sounding great. However, later on in the set, round about the Tumbling Dice mark, he started to look very tired for two or three numbers and I think something went amiss with TD. All was well again by Sympathy time, though.Bill on IORR and HTW again.

The new songs - OMS sounding better than Sunday, and D&G not so good. Band Intros with "Ronnie Wedding Bells Wood" - so it must be true. Keith's spot - straight through at a cracking pace and everything working beautifully! Mick Taylor again on Midnight Rambler - and to my ears an even better one than Sunday's. Then straight out of Mick T's appearance into Start me Up to kick off the big run of warhorses. It was at this point that Keith started to look a bit tired for a couple of numbers.

But Sympathy fine again, and tonight we had time for Satisfaction. And nice to see at the end of Satisfaction Mick and Keith together going out onto the tongue ramp to finish the number. and nice to see Mick T joining the final bow at the end. He also got a hug from Keith and Ronnie when he came on for MR, and a BIG hug from Charlie at the end of the show.

I was up in the rafters this time so was able to watch all the videos - the JJF one had a kind of montage of fans through the ages, ending with live shots of the crowd in the pit - Beast, I spotted you...

Sadly when I tried to stand up early in the show I got sharply prodded by an elderly gent behind me, so I stayed sat until SMU, when I realised that all the row behind me had now decided they would stand after all, so I did, too.

Boy, am I looking forward to sorting out the videos for this one! Enjoyed the show very much despite the distant view (Note to Gazza: I am of course LYING!) Now I'm off to read the thread and see what's been going on.

Great to hear it lived up to Sunday and more and read your review. I would have loved to hear that GS, having seen the vid and LJ, but made the right decision not to try again as I got back to London after work at 8.30 so would have missed.

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: November 30, 2012 10:26

Camdenrambler, you are a hero. Welcome to IORR.

Posted by: lapaz62 ()
Date: November 30, 2012 10:26

roby
Yeah ! Can't wait.

Silver Dagger
paulywaul

Its a version of Midnight Rambler, hardly the best, maybe its the only other version he has heard since 69, because there are many better than that.

Re: Second O2 show Thursday Nov. 29 show updates
Posted by: roby ()
Date: November 30, 2012 10:29

Ever better than 25/11...

Mick Jagger knows it and tells it at the end... FANTASTIC one.

Date: November 30, 2012 10:30

Thanks very much Bliss!!! It's great to be here too!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-30 10:31 by camdenrambler1973.

Posted by: RG ()
Date: November 30, 2012 10:35

Justin

You're right! Keith rocks better than ever!

Thanks by the way for posting this great video

Posted by: john lomax ()
Date: November 30, 2012 10:42

I thought Midnight Rambler was great on Sunday and even better last night. Mick's playing last night was superb. I have seen 30 gigs since 1995 and these shows are up there with the best. The band seem really tight and focussed - and they know that they are good, so that confidence shines through in their playing.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3031323334353637383940...LastNext
Current Page: 35 of 44

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1643
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home