Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2930313233343536373839...LastNext
Current Page: 34 of 44
Re: Show number 2: London O2 Arena Nov. 29 show updates
Posted by: frozengold ()
Date: November 30, 2012 06:14

stonesfrkk
71Tele
frozengold
Maybee Mick Taylors problem was that he played MR the way he did in 70´s and didn't listen to Keith and Ronnie. The Stones play it different today.

Please keep these brilliant observations coming.
Well 71Tele, MR has allways been done in tempo 55, so Taylor should know this from even 40 years ago i think the problem is with MT and his followers is they ate some good or maybe i should say bad LSD because i never ended up like this. Maybe they are stuck in what we call the twilight zone!

Is it not strange that this is the first time in 30 years Mick Taylor are on stage with the Stones. That's a long time. But he seemed happy.

Posted by: winter ()
Date: November 30, 2012 06:18

delacey99
[youtu.be]

midnight rambler

OHHH YEAAAHHH everybody say "OOOOH YEAAAAH"

Brilliant.

Posted by: three16 ()
Date: November 30, 2012 06:19

Taylor played okay on MR. It is cool to see him there jamming with the band.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-30 06:38 by three16.

Posted by: stonesfrkk ()
Date: November 30, 2012 06:21

carlorossi
stonesfrkk
MR has allways been done in tempo 55, so Taylor should know this from even 40 years ago i think the problem is with MT and his followers

I don't know about the tempo number, but if you listen to Brussels '73, they start it much faster than they do now.
The format is 55 but of course the song varies. That's why when your playing the song on stage you have to be some what alert of what the engine is playing you know the guy that wrote the song?Otherwise you end up in a horrendous mess.

Posted by: The Wick ()
Date: November 30, 2012 06:21

Jelly Face Joe
It is a shame that Mick T was shunned by Keith and Ronnie. They left him out there on his owm. They cowered by the drum kit like kids on the corner cupping their cigarettes when one their mother's walked by.

I think the treatment he has received has been horrible by them but in this case, I think they just wanted to give him the limelight and let him enjoy it and not interrupt. I do agree that he was trying to engage them more but they only seem to do that with old blues players which shows they suck up as much as anyone.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: November 30, 2012 06:23

The Wick
Jelly Face Joe
It is a shame that Mick T was shunned by Keith and Ronnie. They left him out there on his owm. They cowered by the drum kit like kids on the corner cupping their cigarettes when one their mother's walked by.

I think the treatment he has received has been horrible by them but in this case, I think they just wanted to give him the limelight and let him enjoy it and not interrupt. I do agree that he was trying to engage them more but they only seem to do that with old blues players which shows they suck up as much as anyone.

Ronnie and Keith are so mean!

Re: Second O2 show Thursday Nov. 29 show updates
Date: November 30, 2012 06:23

benstones
The Sicilian

They actually played it in the right key.

Excellent version!!! It was an amazing show, for sure!!! Keith and Mick on FIRE!!!
Can't wait Newark!!!!!

Keith plays better than in many years!

Posted by: TimeIs ()
Date: November 30, 2012 06:25

paulywaul
They played the best version of Rambler since MSG 1969 tonight at the O2

NOT. Not even close. But Taylor played better tonight and tried to keep with the band. He's still too loud, though.

The three guitar thing doesn't help.

Date: November 30, 2012 06:27

Max'sKansasCity
The Wick
Jelly Face Joe

Ronnie and Keith are so mean!

Mick Taylor plays blues. Keith and Ronnie rock.

Date: November 30, 2012 06:30

The improvement on MR was awesome. Hire that guy for 5-6 numbers a night on the 2013 tour, just like Bobby K. He's listening, he's moving, he's engaging with everybody, he's focusing. he looked like he was having more fun onstage than I've ever seen him have, and he just survived being put under a big microscope; the world and his peers seeing what he's got on a stage that had Keith, Ronnie, Beck and Clapton. This is the greatest musical event of 2012. (Okay, for Stones' fans anyways.)

Posted by: carlorossi ()
Date: November 30, 2012 06:33

stonesfrkk
carlorossi
stonesfrkk
MR has allways been done in tempo 55, so Taylor should know this from even 40 years ago i think the problem is with MT and his followers

I don't know about the tempo number, but if you listen to Brussels '73, they start it much faster than they do now.
The format is 55 but of course the song varies. That's why when your playing the song on stage you have to be some what alert of what the engine is playing you know the guy that wrote the song?Otherwise you end up in a horrendous mess.

Agreed! In the MT years, they did seem to default to a faster tempo (except for '69) when all was said and done, and MT probably has that ingrained in him. But yeah, listening and adapting is key.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: November 30, 2012 06:33

frozengold
71Tele
frozengold
Maybee Mick Taylors problem was that he played MR the way he did in 70´s and didn't listen to Keith and Ronnie. The Stones play it different today.

Please keep these brilliant observations coming.

I shall do my best, but I really want Blondie Chaplin back on vocals and acoustics.

You can't always get what you want.

Date: November 30, 2012 06:34

Can anbody tell me why Keith never get that fuzzface sound you can hear on record for Satisfaction, then they play live? Should it be so hard with todays technology?
I think that sound does the tune. It almost sounds like horns.

Date: November 30, 2012 06:40

stonesfrkk
carlorossi
stonesfrkk

Thanks for the music lesson.

Date: November 30, 2012 06:41

frozengold
Can anbody tell me why Keith never get that fuzzface sound you can hear on record for Satisfaction, then they play live? Should it be so hard with todays technology?

Because he apparently finds it too inconvenient to use the Maestro fuzz box that he used on the record. If you plug your guitar into one of those, that sound is readily found, but nothing else will produce it. Maybe Chuck can just sample it on his keyboard.

Date: November 30, 2012 06:43

frozengold

Keith has said he laid the track as a scratch track for a horn section. That was his original intent he says.

Date: November 30, 2012 06:44

delacey99
[youtu.be]

midnight rambler
Progress maybe? Maybe not? Throw it all at me Taylor freaks.You are a rare breed.

Date: November 30, 2012 06:46

stonesfrkk
delacey99
[youtu.be]

midnight rambler
Progress maybe? Maybe not? Throw it all at me Taylor freaks.You are a rare breed.

You seem to be using this thread to try to bait people. God knows why, but it's childish.

Posted by: GrandToad ()
Date: November 30, 2012 06:46

stonesfrkk
delacey99
[youtu.be]

midnight rambler

I'm guessing you don't think very highly of Mr. Taylor.

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

Date: November 30, 2012 06:48

three16
frozengold

Keith has said he laid the track as a scratch track for a horn section. That was his original intent he says.

Thanks! It's time for me to go to bed. It's getting late here in Sweden.

Date: November 30, 2012 07:02

71Tele
stonesfrkk
carlorossi
stonesfrkk

Thanks for the music lesson.
Anytime 71Tele stop by my studio when ever your in LA 1703 Stewart Street Santa monica better known as west post digital.

Date: November 30, 2012 07:02

frozengold
three16
frozengold

That's just the info we needed to narrow it down. We'll be monitoring how many times your i.p. address watches the new MR w/ MT vids put up over the course of the next 72 hours. "Progress maybe?" Are you serious? You watched the vid and can't tell? You definitely need some sleep, as I'm sure we all do after tonight.

Posted by: benstones ()
Date: November 30, 2012 07:04

You can't always get what you want

Benjamin.

Date: November 30, 2012 07:06

winter
frozengold
three16
frozengold

That's just the info we needed to narrow it down. We'll be monitoring how many times your i.p. address watches the new MR w/ MT vids put up over the course of the next 72 hours. "Progress maybe?" Are you serious? You watched the vid and can't tell? You definitely need some sleep, as I'm sure we all do after tonight.
winter i think it was a much better improvment since sunday but it needs alot of work to make it fabulous!That's for sure.

Posted by: GrandToad ()
Date: November 30, 2012 07:07

71Tele
stonesfrkk
delacey99
[youtu.be]

midnight rambler

You seem to be using this thread to try to bait people. God knows why, but it's childish.

Agree.

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

Date: November 30, 2012 07:09

TimeIs
paulywaul
They played the best version of Rambler since MSG 1969 tonight at the O2

NOT. Not even close. But Taylor played better tonight and tried to keep with the band. He's still too loud, though.

The three guitar thing doesn't help.
I agree!

Date: November 30, 2012 07:10

winter
frozengold
three16
frozengold

I guess you have me mixed up with stonesfrkk. Goodnight!

Date: November 30, 2012 07:10

winter
The improvement on MR was awesome. Hire that guy for 5-6 numbers a night on the 2013 tour, just like Bobby K. He's listening, he's moving, he's engaging with everybody, he's focusing. he looked like he was having more fun onstage than I've ever seen him have, and he just survived being put under a big microscope; the world and his peers seeing what he's got on a stage that had Keith, Ronnie, Beck and Clapton. This is the greatest musical event of 2012. (Okay, for Stones' fans anyways.)

I think all that movement and over playing and engaging with everyone is just his ego getting the best of him while he's excited to be there. In his mind he probably thinks the world has awaited his full return to the band when in reality most still wonder why he left. I respect Taylors input in regard to the bands history but also I've heard many exceptional versions without him. He's just as responsable to the bands legacy as the rest of them including Ronnie. Mick Taylor happenend to have been involed with the band when Jagger/Richards' creativy was peaking. History has proven the band didn't need him. They are easily adaptable. Personally, I'm glad those to shows are over. Now I can look forward to more of the current more relevant version of the band. I mean no disrespect to your words. I'm just adding my thoughts inspired by yours. I'm a huge Stones fan of each era but I don't consider this the greatess musical event of 2012. I may have to give that Van Halen.

Posted by: carlorossi ()
Date: November 30, 2012 07:17

frozengold

In many '80s interviews, he disowned the fuzzttone sound on Satisfaction, just didn't like it. I agreed with him at the time, but since they're putting so much effort into sounding like the original, I say go for it, fuzztone and all.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 30, 2012 07:19

three16
winter

I think all that movement and over playing and engaging with everyone is just his ego getting the best of him while he's excited to be there. In his mind he probably thinks the world has awaited his full return to the band when in reality most still wonder why he left. I respect Taylors input in regard to the bands history but also I've heard many exceptional versions without him. He's just as responsable to the bands legacy as the rest of them including Ronnie. Mick Taylor happenend to have been involed with the band when Jagger/Richards' creativy was peaking. History has proven the band didn't need him. They are easily adaptable. Personally, I'm glad those to shows are over. Now I can look forward to more of the current more relevant version of the band. I mean no disrespect to your words. I'm just adding my thoughts inspired by yours. I'm a huge Stones fan of each era but I don't consider this the greatess musical event of 2012. I may have to give that Van Halen.

I was with you, but...you completely lost me at that last sentence.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2930313233343536373839...LastNext
Current Page: 34 of 44

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1793
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home