Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3334353637383940414243...LastNext
Current Page: 38 of 44
Re: Show number 2: London O2 Arena Nov. 29 show updates
Posted by: ladywilliam ()
Date: November 30, 2012 17:05

SimonN
tomcat2006
CindyC
camdenrambler1973
We both had been there for waiting to see if we could get lucky. The ticket offered was the very last one, they had. I Saw this girls face and I could not bring myself to take the ticket, so I done the decent thing and offered her the ticket (The ultimate sacrifice!!!!!!)

The girl had never seen the stones and I have many times down the years, and i thought "oh what the hell", she deserves it.... One very happy and grateful girl left the office and made her way to the venue.

For my sacrifice I was given a beer from the office fridge (Happy day's), by a member of the booking team for my kindness. I mentioned I would try my luck Thursday, i figured I got nothing to lose right!

I got to the office again last night and it was packed with people trying to buy online. The same member of staff saw me and at around 15 Min's before show time after all online sells had been completed, I was offered a tongue pit ticket which was unclaimed for £200!!!!

Oh - i just LOVE this story!!!! I love a good story of great karma smiling down n someone. What a gentleman you are.

Awesome! Cheers to you, camdenrambler1973 smileys with beer

Hello,

Probably the best story that I've read on IORR in my 6 years here: good on you, CR73!

Cheers,

Simon.

smileys with beersmileys with beer

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: November 30, 2012 17:07

Florence on GS seems to be the highlight of the evening along with MR and LJ. Florence might be the one who did the solo voice best. Close to the Merry Clayton ditto, but with a very rough and angry tone. That was a real good one.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: Kirk ()
Date: November 30, 2012 17:07

Justin

Okay yeah, I'm pretty sure Keith hasn't done that lick at 3:38 in probably 20 years...in ANY song.

Sure! I hear the solo of 'Bitch' in there!

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: November 30, 2012 17:24

For the guitar geeks: Bill is playing the reproduction of his original "homemade" (raeely modified Dallas Tuxedo) bass here, but I noticed that the commercial reproduction has frets and worse - a much fatter neck than the original.

Date: November 30, 2012 17:26

Anyone know if Keith smoked onstage or not?

Ronnie too maybe?

Posted by: angee ()
Date: November 30, 2012 17:31

SimonN
tomcat2006
CindyC
camdenrambler1973
We both had been there for waiting to see if we could get lucky. The ticket offered was the very last one, they had. I Saw this girls face and I could not bring myself to take the ticket, so I done the decent thing and offered her the ticket (The ultimate sacrifice!!!!!!)

The girl had never seen the stones and I have many times down the years, and i thought "oh what the hell", she deserves it.... One very happy and grateful girl left the office and made her way to the venue.

For my sacrifice I was given a beer from the office fridge (Happy day's), by a member of the booking team for my kindness. I mentioned I would try my luck Thursday, i figured I got nothing to lose right!

I got to the office again last night and it was packed with people trying to buy online. The same member of staff saw me and at around 15 Min's before show time after all online sells had been completed, I was offered a tongue pit ticket which was unclaimed for £200!!!!

Oh - i just LOVE this story!!!! I love a good story of great karma smiling down n someone. What a gentleman you are.

Awesome! Cheers to you, camdenrambler1973 smileys with beer

Hello,

Probably the best story that I've read on IORR in my 6 years here: good on you, CR73!

Cheers,

Simon.

Fantastic story, camdenrambler, much KARMA there back to you, for your generosity to another fan, yes!!!
Sometimes good things happen to good people, huh? cool smiley

On another note, that Florence/GS generated so much heat and excitement, I think she's about the best person I've seen in a vocal duet with Mick since Tina Turner, that I remember, anyway. Her dancing really got him going, and the whole band, as others have said!! thumbs up thumbs upthumbs up

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: November 30, 2012 17:34

Some pix from last night.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-30 17:44 by Silver Dagger.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: November 30, 2012 17:50

Great pics, thanks for sharing ! Were you able to make it to the railing after the monkey drummers were gone ?

steel driving hammer

Ronnie too maybe?

They both did between songs yes, no more cigarette stuck between the strings fortunately...

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: November 30, 2012 17:52

roundnround
a little bit funny that clapton would play on champagne and reefer... since he prides himself on being clean and sober...

Good point.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: November 30, 2012 17:54

gotdablouse
Great pics, thanks for sharing ! Were you able to make it to the railing after the monkey drummers were gone ?

steel driving hammer

Ronnie too maybe?

They both did between songs yes, no more cigarette stuck between the strings fortunately...

Yes, they let us go forward.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: November 30, 2012 17:59

Ah that's cool, just the first row or the first few ? It was a bit like a second standing pit then...I guess that means everyone on the floor had to stand to get a good view.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: beepee2 ()
Date: November 30, 2012 18:03

steel driving hammer
roundnround
a little bit funny that clapton would play on champagne and reefer... since he prides himself on being clean and sober...

Good point.

As Mick, and Ronnie, and Charlie...

Posted by: milio77 ()
Date: November 30, 2012 18:14

Man, that Gimme Shelter was brilliant!

Guitarwise, the best since '95.

And that Florence girl shure hit the stage with the right attitude!

Date: November 30, 2012 18:57

I printed this whole thread to read again in the bathroom when I need to be there for sometime, if you know what I mean...

Makes for great reading and great smiles!

I've done this w/ other threads here too btw...

Stones.

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: November 30, 2012 19:11

Silver Dagger
Some pix from last night.

were they allowing fans to bring in DSLR cameras or just point & shoot and phone cameras?

just curious. lately..i've noticed camera restrictions have loosened.

thanks to all for posting pictures and video.

only wish MT would be included for more songs...but thankful he's there at all.

IORR............but I like it!

Posted by: longlongwinter ()
Date: November 30, 2012 19:12

How did Tumbling Dics sound in this gig? I don't knopw why but for me I can always tell how good they will perform based on how good this one sounds

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: November 30, 2012 19:21

steel driving hammer
I printed this whole thread to read again in the bathroom when I need to be there for sometime, if you know what I mean...

I don't, could you please expand upon this.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: November 30, 2012 19:21

I'm pretty sure Keith hasn't done that lick at 3:38 in probably 20 years...in ANY song

Clapton must have plugged his guitar in under the stagedrinking smiley

Posted by: Georges ()
Date: November 30, 2012 19:22

paulywaul
Some pictures from last night, taken from the aisle in block 112 ....
Paul, all your pictures are fantastic. I love the pics of Bill; if you have some more, I would like to see them. Thanks a lot.

Posted by: 68to72 ()
Date: November 30, 2012 19:45

Georges
paulywaul
Some pictures from last night, taken from the aisle in block 112 ....
Paul, all your pictures are fantastic. I love the pics of Bill; if you have some more, I would like to see them. Thanks a lot.

thumbs up

What a drag it is gettin' old

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: November 30, 2012 20:04

kowalski
benstones
Champagne and Reefer, with Eric Clapton.

Once again Keith Richards did a great solo...

Keith @#$%& richards! Love his biting tone and spot on solos from these concerts! hot smiley

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: November 30, 2012 20:05

Camdenrambler1973, count me in as one of your admirers.

You're a true English gentleman.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: November 30, 2012 20:13

Ahh: Here's what I'm sorry I missed at the Sunday show:

- the o2 November 29th 2012 (capture from Sumiko Bito's Satisfaction clip - apologies for the quality)

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: November 30, 2012 20:23

with sssoul - Keith smile. swoon!

Posted by: GrandToad ()
Date: November 30, 2012 20:28

with sssoul

- the o2 November 29th 2012 (capture from Sumiko Bito's Satisfaction clip - apologies for the quality)

What a great shot, blury or not.

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: November 30, 2012 20:44

steel driving hammer

Makes for great reading and great smiles!

I've done this w/ other threads here too btw...

Stones.

Jeez, a little too much information there, steel driving hammer.

Posted by: Claire_M ()
Date: November 30, 2012 20:52

Silver Dagger, thank you for the gorgeous photos! That stage is incredible.

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: November 30, 2012 20:53

with sssoul

Great pic! Maybe Bjornulf should replace the one on the homepage with this one, because Bill is included. All living (ex-)Stones together. Wonderful.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: November 30, 2012 21:02

camdenrambler1973
Fantastic, show last night, I managed to get a tongue pit ticket for £200 just 15 Mins before show time. I'll share with you how I managed to get so lucky.

I tried to get ticket's for Sunday's show first. I went to seatwave outside the venue and I was offered a general ticket for £100 ( the ticket was unclaimed) as the show was just about to start inside. I was offered the ticket because I walked into the office thirty seconds in front of a girl right behind me about two hours previously.

I was in dreamland to say the least!!!!!!!! Just goes to show one good turn deserves another. The rock n roll god's were looking down on me, so thank you all so much and also to the fantastic staff member who also played a part in providing me with the ultimate ticket.

I've seen the Stones countless of times all around the world since my first show at Wembley Stadium aged "21" on the Voodoo lounge Tour. Some amazing experiences and some wonderful friendship made in that time watching them followed.

Watching them from where I was standing last night reminded me of the countless hours queuing up 10 hours before show time to get down the front, when It was so much easier to get ticket's and get around and see them.

The show was amazing (But that's just par for the course i guess) and I saw some very familiar faces from stones gig's from the last 15 years!!! The Last time ??? Somehow i seriously doubt that!!! This ride aint stopping yet my friends.

Hope you all loved the show, those who were lucky enough to be there and for those he weren't as lucky, keep the faith and keep persistent and you will receive the ultimate prize, to see the "Greatest rock n roll band in the world!!!!

A fantastic story. Hats off to a stand up man.

Posted by: strettonbull ()
Date: November 30, 2012 21:07

camdenrambler1973
Fantastic, show last night, I managed to get a tongue pit ticket for £200 just 15 Mins before show time. I'll share with you how I managed to get so lucky.

I tried to get ticket's for Sunday's show first. I went to seatwave outside the venue and I was offered a general ticket for £100 ( the ticket was unclaimed) as the show was just about to start inside. I was offered the ticket because I walked into the office thirty seconds in front of a girl right behind me about two hours previously.

I was in dreamland to say the least!!!!!!!! Just goes to show one good turn deserves another. The rock n roll god's were looking down on me, so thank you all so much and also to the fantastic staff member who also played a part in providing me with the ultimate ticket.

I've seen the Stones countless of times all around the world since my first show at Wembley Stadium aged "21" on the Voodoo lounge Tour. Some amazing experiences and some wonderful friendship made in that time watching them followed.

Watching them from where I was standing last night reminded me of the countless hours queuing up 10 hours before show time to get down the front, when It was so much easier to get ticket's and get around and see them.

The show was amazing (But that's just par for the course i guess) and I saw some very familiar faces from stones gig's from the last 15 years!!! The Last time ??? Somehow i seriously doubt that!!! This ride aint stopping yet my friends.

Hope you all loved the show, those who were lucky enough to be there and for those he weren't as lucky, keep the faith and keep persistent and you will receive the ultimate prize, to see the "Greatest rock n roll band in the world!!!!

Great story CamdenRambler1973. I think what we all want to know is, was she hot?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3334353637383940414243...LastNext
Current Page: 38 of 44

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1628
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home