Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Best guess on use of Taylor/Wyman
Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: November 21, 2012 19:48

How do you think these guys will be used/propped up during the shows? Is it just an encore thing? Seems weird if they were just trotted out a la beck and clapton for a song or so - (though seriously - does anyone really feel the need to see beck or clapton at these things? for what? little red rooster? come on)

Special guests like beck/clapton can come and go with no real issue - but how do you bring out mick or bill for a song and then scurry them off the stage, at the risk of infuriating fans that want that more than anything? So perhaps it is just about an encore - I don't know. Thoughts? Personally, I wish they'd let MT open the shows with his own band - then include him for the entire set in varying degrees.

Re: Best guess on use of Taylor/Wyman
Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: November 21, 2012 19:51

i'd like to see MT walk onto the stage and first demand all the royalties money he's owed before he plays a note. i'd pay to see that little drama unfold.

Posted by: arthritis ()
Date: November 21, 2012 19:51

I think when bill comes out roughly 72% of the audience will wonder who the hell he is.

Date: November 21, 2012 19:53

StonesTod
i'd like to see MT walk onto the stage and first demand all the royalties money he's owed before he plays a note. i'd pay to see that little drama unfold.

MJ is probably saving that for Pay Per View #2

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: November 21, 2012 19:54

If Bill walks out on stage looking like he just got off the couch with potato chip crumbs falling off him, I will be disappointed. The guy needs new clothes for the show!

Posted by: BustedButton ()
Date: November 21, 2012 19:58

Great idea to have MT open shows -- would be awesome. I don't know how much they'll use MT or BW, but I'd imagine they are saving MT for only 2 or maybe 3 select songs that he plays often and that he has been practicing with his own band. I think CYHMK is inevitable as well as Sway and then perhaps little red rooster or a surprise 4th song such as Winter and/or TWFNO. In those 2 songs, the difficulty is mostly on MT's shoulders, so I doubt the band would need an unbelievable amount of practice to pull them off. All they need to do is keep pace and let MT do all the work, I doubt they would use MT on on the songs they rehearsed as a band and they will not use him in the songs they did for the warms ups. As for BW, I believe Ronnie made a comment, a while ago, saying that he would just pick and choose which songs to step in and out of with Darryl. Expect BW to be included in more songs. I'll comment on the Jeff Beck and Clapton in another post -- not sure why everyone is down on them?

Date: November 21, 2012 19:59

StonesTod

haha, yes! What if he gets hammered before the show and intentionally sabotages the concert?

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: November 21, 2012 20:00

I would guess they will join the band for a middle-of-the-show segment.

Since there is no B-Stage, think of Taylor and Wyman as guest for 3 or 4 songs right after the Keith tunes...

Nothing more.
Nothing less.

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: November 21, 2012 20:02

something off of Voodoo Lounge would be great.

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: November 21, 2012 20:05

When was the last time Mick Taylor played in such a large venue?

If they aren't going to rehearse together before the show then my guess is they'll be playing a blues.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: November 21, 2012 20:11

Let's just pray that they don't have to play in some cacophonous trainwreck where two bassists and three guitarists are all on stage at once. They should have Bill and Mick T up there with Keith, Mick J and Charlie to recreate the Golden Age Stones. Bill with Ronnie, Keith, Mick J and Charlie to recreate the 1975-1990 Stones. The fewer players on stage the better. Bill got swamped on the Steel Wheels tour with so much going on.

Date: November 21, 2012 20:16

I predict and hope, CYHMK and Heartbreaker or Sway. Dead Flowers or bitch also.

I hope Bill does Peanut Butter time off his solo record LOL.

Date: November 21, 2012 20:17

BustedButton
Great idea to have MT open shows -- would be awesome. I don't know how much they'll use MT or BW, but I'd imagine they are saving MT for only 2 or maybe 3 select songs that he plays often and that he has been practicing with his own band. I think CYHMK is inevitable as well as Sway and then perhaps little red rooster or a surprise 4th song such as Winter and/or TWFNO. In those 2 songs, the difficulty is mostly on MT's shoulders, so I doubt the band would need an unbelievable amount of practice to pull them off. All they need to do is keep pace and let MT do all the work, I doubt they would use MT on on the songs they rehearsed as a band and they will not use him in the songs they did for the warms ups. As for BW, I believe Ronnie made a comment, a while ago, saying that he would just pick and choose which songs to step in and out of with Darryl. Expect BW to be included in more songs. I'll comment on the Jeff Beck and Clapton in another post -- not sure why everyone is down on them?

i don't think it's about being down on beck/clapton - they are beloved by most - it's just they stones have been there/done that - and time is so limited on that stage - do we need key to the highway?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-21 20:17 by hbwriter.

Date: November 21, 2012 20:20

24FPS
Let's just pray that they don't have to play in some cacophonous trainwreck where two bassists and three guitarists are all on stage at once. They should have Bill and Mick T up there with Keith, Mick J and Charlie to recreate the Golden Age Stones. Bill with Ronnie, Keith, Mick J and Charlie to recreate the 1975-1990 Stones. The fewer players on stage the better. Bill got swamped on the Steel Wheels tour with so much going on.

AGREE! Maybe Bobby Keys too, but that's IT!

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: November 21, 2012 20:21

Yeah the middle segment idea is not bad for MT, or the Encors, GS and TWFNO, now that would bring the crowd on its knees for sure.

Bill ? Miss you and 19th Nervous Breakdown I suppose...

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Starr ()
Date: November 21, 2012 20:26

Winter with MT would be a real treat - a classic gem that I've never heard them play live...

...but I won't be complaining whatever they play...

"till the next time..."

Date: November 21, 2012 20:27

Here's a very real possibility. Tell me what you think.

What if during or right after one of the scheduled shows ronnie or keith died? I mean, Mick Taylor is right there on the scene, the tour is already booked....what do you think?

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: November 21, 2012 20:28

My best guess is that Wyman will probably come on for the encores only and MT will be brought up mid-show as a special guest to play Sway, Dead Flowers and Moonlight Mile, then brought back out for the 2nd encore/jam on the second of two shows.

What I'd like to see is Wyman and MT replacing Darryl and Ronnie for the entire first set, then coming back for the encores. he heh peace

Date: November 21, 2012 20:29

arthritis

What if during or right after one of the scheduled shows ronnie or keith died? I mean, Mick Taylor is right there on the scene, the tour is already booked....what do you think?

oh good call, it would merely be a bump in the road.

WTF? No Keith = No Rolling Stones. Everyone knows that but you apparently.

Date: November 21, 2012 20:30

Id like to see them replace them for a couple studio records.

Date: November 21, 2012 20:31

CindyC
arthritis

oh good call, it would merely be a bump in the road.

WTF? No Keith = No Rolling Stones. Everyone knows that but you apparently.

So you're conceding that if Ron died the tour could possibly go on with Mick Taylor then? Is Ron more expendable to you?

Date: November 21, 2012 20:34

arthritis
So you're conceding that if Ron died the tour could possibly go on with Mick Taylor then? Is Ron more expendable to you?

I actually didn't see that you included Ronnie in there at first. But to answer your question honestly, yes Ronnie is more expendable. I still don't think they would finish up the tour. I was going to say it would be in bad taste, but they didn't cancel the Hyde Park show, so who knows.

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: November 21, 2012 20:37

Bill will do the dancing.

Date: November 21, 2012 20:43

Naturalust
My best guess is that Wyman will probably come on for the encores only and MT will be brought up mid-show as a special guest to play Sway, Dead Flowers and Moonlight Mile, then brought back out for the 2nd encore/jam on the second of two shows.

What I'd like to see is Wyman and MT replacing Darryl and Ronnie for the entire first set, then coming back for the encores. he heh peace

Dead Flowers definitely possible... Sway for sure since they toured with it i ABB, and I'm thinking also CYHMK, I mean Taylor did it on jIMMY fallon not too long ago.
Doubt they'll do Moonlight Mile, but... you never know. At this point anything is possible.

Date: November 21, 2012 20:51

They will probably play on all the warhorses.

Posted by: mccparty ()
Date: November 21, 2012 20:51

The best use of Big Mick Taylor & Bill Wyman would be to have them appear on stage (together) at the same time! Not as separate appearances.

But that may not be the case so.....

MT
Little Red Rooster
Sway

BW
Miss You
19th...

Posted by: TomGreen ()
Date: November 21, 2012 20:54

MT: Heartbreaker, Bitch
BW: Emotional Rescue, Undercover of the Night, Miss You, Little Red Rooster, Honkey Tonk Women

Posted by: TomGreen ()
Date: November 21, 2012 20:55

Also I'd like to predict that Bill does not move around the tongue walkway!

Date: November 21, 2012 21:00

TomGreen
MT: Heartbreaker, Bitch
BW: Emotional Rescue, Undercover of the Night, Miss You, Little Red Rooster, Honkey Tonk Women

I just don't see them playing undercover of the night on this tour. Mainly because it's too awesome and would alienate and confuse the main segment of the audience that mick perpetually caters to.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: November 21, 2012 21:01

arthritis

Hey arthritis, that is poor taste for this board , imho. No one here wants to think about those possibilities. Better to stay on topic. We usually mourn heavily when when of our own posters passes away and I'm not ready to consider a world without either of those two. peace

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1975
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home