Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Best guess on use of Taylor/Wyman
Posted by: vertigojoe ()
Date: November 22, 2012 12:07

arthritis
Here's a very real possibility. Tell me what you think.

What if during or right after one of the scheduled shows ronnie or keith died? I mean, Mick Taylor is right there on the scene, the tour is already booked....what do you think?

Sick f*ck

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: November 22, 2012 12:12

vertigojoe
arthritis
Here's a very real possibility. Tell me what you think.

What if during or right after one of the scheduled shows ronnie or keith died? I mean, Mick Taylor is right there on the scene, the tour is already booked....what do you think?

Sick f*ck

Go read some Keith comments about people dying and the dead and get back to us.

Posted by: Promoman ()
Date: November 26, 2012 13:53

Starr
Winter with MT would be a real treat - a classic gem that I've never heard them play live...

...but I won't be complaining whatever they play...

"till the next time..."

It wasn't Winter, but Midnight Rambler was nice too. Thanks for the beer Starr. Keep a lookout on my Youtube channel Stonesfan62 for Videos. The first one is already up there and some 6 more will follow.

It was so good to meet you and to enjoy the show with someone who recognizes all the special moments.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: November 26, 2012 22:46

stonesnow
I've opined in another thread that if MT and BW walk out for just a couple of numbers and then just walk off, it would be anticlimactic for the rest of the show and therefore sort of a let down, and the audience--the portion that cares, anyway--might leave feeling deflated. If The Stones were smart, and you know that Mick is indeed when it comes to this sort of event, they would divide the show in two parts: just do a normal 12-song set with the current latter-day lineup, then for part 2 an extended encore of, say, 6 or 7 songs where you have MT and BW out there closing the show with some classic concert staples. That way everyone gets what they want, and the audience leaves floating on a high point, leaving with the best possible feeling and therefore impression.

I totally agree. The "anniversary tour" does not need to be like anything they've ever done, why not break it into sections that would be "woven" together. All members of the band are friends. If the two former Stones were invited and willing to reprise their roles -- it would be a dream come true for the hardcore fans (most of us) and give everyone else a layered view of the band as it's evolved. Ultimately such a love fest. I always thought that was the whole point . . . With rock and roll, the jam is so important. Not just one song, one solo, but a build-up over the course of a few songs, and the repetoire is so deep. C'mon guys, you know this! Let's get with it!

Posted by: Starr ()
Date: November 26, 2012 22:46

Midnight rambler was fantastic and thankyou for your kind words - Patsy and I really were pleased to meet you and we are so glad that you had a safe journey home - it was a great night - will check out your Youtube channel...

"till the next time..."

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1172
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home