Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Best guess on use of Taylor/Wyman
Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: November 21, 2012 21:02

CindyC
arthritis
Here's a very real possibility. Tell me what you think.

What if during or right after one of the scheduled shows ronnie or keith died? I mean, Mick Taylor is right there on the scene, the tour is already booked....what do you think?

oh good call, it would merely be a bump in the road.

WTF? No Keith = No Rolling Stones. Everyone knows that but you apparently.
CindyC, I love how you took that "possibility" very seriously.

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: November 21, 2012 21:02

Kurt
I would guess they will join the band for a middle-of-the-show segment.

Since there is no B-Stage, think of Taylor and Wyman as guest for 3 or 4 songs right after the Keith tunes...

Nothing more.
Nothing less.

that's what I figure--sometime around the band intros, or where the b-stage set used to be --- then they're gone for the warhorse finish.

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: November 21, 2012 21:03

arthritis

What if during or right after one of the scheduled shows ronnie or keith died? I mean, Mick Taylor is right there on the scene, the tour is already booked....what do you think?

That is hilarious! Hopefully if it happens it will be on the PPV. I can just see the look on Jagger's face if Keith keels over. Well, he always said he'd die on stage.

Posted by: arthritis ()
Date: November 21, 2012 21:05

bleedingman
arthritis

That is hilarious! Hopefully if it happens it will be on the PPV. I can just see the look on Jagger's face if Keith keels over. Well, he always said he'd die on stage.

It would be cool if keith died during sympathy ft devil, but ironic if he died during don't stop.grinning smiley

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: November 21, 2012 21:09

GumbootCloggeroo
CindyC, I love how you took that "possibility" very seriously.

I didn't really, i know he was just starting crap, not sure why I even bothered to chime in. Bored at work i guess.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: November 21, 2012 21:10

Bill's role is already planned - walking on stage picking up coins with his metal detector. He can do that during the whole show.smileys with beer

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: November 21, 2012 21:15

How about a bass/metal detector combo?

mtaylor
Bill's role is already planned - walking on stage picking up coins with his metal detector. He can do that during the whole show.smileys with beer

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: November 21, 2012 21:17

bleedingman
How about a bass/metal detector combo?

mtaylor

Maybe there is "bass-sound" when he finds a coin.

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: November 21, 2012 21:19

Bill does heavy metal.. no problem.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: November 21, 2012 21:57

CindyC
arthritis
So you're conceding that if Ron died the tour could possibly go on with Mick Taylor then? Is Ron more expendable to you?

I actually didn't see that you included Ronnie in there at first. But to answer your question honestly, yes Ronnie is more expendable. I still don't think they would finish up the tour. I was going to say it would be in bad taste, but they didn't cancel the Hyde Park show, so who knows.

The first guy is just a troll, but he accidentally reminded me of one interesting thing. I actually worked on a Stones tour contract many, many years ago, and in one of the drafts, if Mick or Keith couldn't appear, the contract was cancelled; if Ronnie couldn't appear, the guarantee was reduced, but the show went on; if Charlie or Bill couldn't appear, no change. I can't remember if that provision was in the final draft, but I remember feeling a little sorry for Charlie.

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: November 21, 2012 22:00

Are there any bookmakers odds for individual non-appearance.

My money's on Charlie.

He doesn't look so good.

Bless him.

Posted by: arthritis ()
Date: November 21, 2012 22:19

drbryant
CindyC
arthritis
So you're conceding that if Ron died the tour could possibly go on with Mick Taylor then? Is Ron more expendable to you?

I actually didn't see that you included Ronnie in there at first. But to answer your question honestly, yes Ronnie is more expendable. I still don't think they would finish up the tour. I was going to say it would be in bad taste, but they didn't cancel the Hyde Park show, so who knows.

The first guy is just a troll, but he accidentally reminded me of one interesting thing. I actually worked on a Stones tour contract many, many years ago, and in one of the drafts, if Mick or Keith couldn't appear, the contract was cancelled; if Ronnie couldn't appear, the guarantee was reduced, but the show went on; if Charlie or Bill couldn't appear, no change. I can't remember if that provision was in the final draft, but I remember feeling a little sorry for Charlie.

Glad i could help you think of things you wouldn't have thought of on your own. I'm inside you now.

Posted by: stonesnow ()
Date: November 21, 2012 23:59

I've opined in another thread that if MT and BW walk out for just a couple of numbers and then just walk off, it would be anticlimactic for the rest of the show and therefore sort of a let down, and the audience--the portion that cares, anyway--might leave feeling deflated. If The Stones were smart, and you know that Mick is indeed when it comes to this sort of event, they would divide the show in two parts: just do a normal 12-song set with the current latter-day lineup, then for part 2 an extended encore of, say, 6 or 7 songs where you have MT and BW out there closing the show with some classic concert staples. That way everyone gets what they want, and the audience leaves floating on a high point, leaving with the best possible feeling and therefore impression.

Date: November 22, 2012 00:17

I'm just guessing (like everyone else), but I suspect a couple of numbers during the show, and a return at the end for a messy but emotional "Brown Sugar"

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: November 22, 2012 00:23

I don't want Bill Wyman to play bass.
I want him to sing In Another Land, dammit.

[thepowergoats.com]

Date: November 22, 2012 00:33

jamesfdouglas

Hell yah! Or do a non musical reading of all his solo album lyrics starting with peanut butter time.

Then Taylor walks on stage and does a 45 minute version of Short and Curlies .

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: November 22, 2012 00:43

I wish Bill would play Jumping Jack Flash; after all he composed part of the music and he plays that song very well.
Rock and roll,
Mops

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: November 22, 2012 00:46

TheBostonStrangler
Id like to see them replace them for a couple studio records.

thumbs up

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: November 22, 2012 01:09

BustedButton
StonesTod
i'd like to see MT walk onto the stage and first demand all the royalties money he's owed before he plays a note. i'd pay to see that little drama unfold.

haha, yes! What if he gets hammered before the show and intentionally sabotages the concert?

You mean like Keith?

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: November 22, 2012 01:13

jamesfdouglas

thumbs up

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: November 22, 2012 01:33

71Tele
jamesfdouglas

thumbs up

that would have to be the case for the USA shows, right?

Posted by: downagain ()
Date: November 22, 2012 01:45

I could see Taylor joining them for Love in Vain. It's a simple blues and it gives him an excellent showcase to solo. I'd love to hear that and Dead Flowers.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: November 22, 2012 01:54

jamesfdouglas

That would be ace!

Date: November 22, 2012 02:05

Taylor covering for Keith in place of Blondie?

Edit: hmm, they'll still need Blondie to cover up the many Taylor bum notes.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-22 02:06 by His Majesty.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: November 22, 2012 02:14

Mick T - Dead Flowers
Bill - Under My Thumb

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Date: November 22, 2012 02:27

downagain
I could see Taylor joining them for Love in Vain. It's a simple blues and it gives him an excellent showcase to solo. I'd love to hear that and Dead Flowers.

and then ronnie comes along and tries to imitate taylor note-for-note and the band and audience all have a good howl.

Date: November 22, 2012 02:28

StonesTod
downagain

and then ronnie comes along and tries to imitate taylor note-for-note and the band and audience all have a good howl.

At how similar they sound?

Date: November 22, 2012 02:30

His Majesty
StonesTod
downagain

At how similar they sound?

good one!

Posted by: pleased2meetme ()
Date: November 22, 2012 03:02

Damn shame if they don't play "Plundered My Soul",evidently it hasn't been rehearsed,unless,they are waiting for the Taylor and Wyman team at production rehearsals to practice it.

Date: November 22, 2012 06:40

A great one would be "Stop Breaking Down". Deep cut, and Taylor could smoke it. I could easily live with "Dead Flowers" or "Love in Vain".

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1213
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home