Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 7 of 9
Re: Countdown - with London rehearsals info
Posted by: bv ()
Date: November 24, 2012 21:16

I love "Out Of Control". I think that song is an example of Stones songs some fans love while others don't. If they do it the right way, and if they get the lift-off in the crowd, it will lift the roof off. That happens at times. There is no roof at River Plate Stadium, but listen to OOC from No Security, I will tell you the crowd loved it.

Bjornulf

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: November 24, 2012 21:22

Holy crap - 24 hours.

Mary J. Blige is a great add if she's there for Gimme Shelter.

I'll fly in from Tokyo for Thursday's show, but I am looking forward to reading the reports tomorrow. Hope that they use Mick T on the first song on your list of spoilers, BV.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: November 24, 2012 21:22

71Tele
bv
One day to go! As I have said before...

DO NOT READ ON IF YOU WANT THE SET LIST ON SUNDAY TO BE A SURPRISE!

This is what they have been rehearsing during the production rehersals

- All Down The Line
- I'm Going Down
- Out Of Control
- One More Shot
- Doon And Gloom

The rest is hidden around other pleces here so that I do not spoil the whole surprise tomorrow. They might change something but this was what they worked on just before they wrapped up this week at the Wembley Arena production rehearsals.

Out Of Control? Really? Do they have to force that turd on us every tour?

It was the absolute highlight of the Bridges tour (was great to see the crowd really go for a NEW Stones song - in a way I've never seen since Start Me Up in 82), it was played maybe once on the Licks tour (in Milan) and for only the first few weeks of the ABB tour.

Considering the impact it had in 1997-99, its been utterly overlooked ever since. Which is especially bizarre considering how much theyve pummeled the life out of throwaway third rate stuff like 'You Got Me Rocking'.

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: November 24, 2012 21:26

Out Of Control is great live, I agree. Wouldn't mind that one at all.

Posted by: basti ()
Date: November 24, 2012 22:00

I hope for can't you hear me knocking tomorrow

Posted by: tattooyou ()
Date: November 24, 2012 22:27

Harlem Shuffler
Hi Bjornulf,

Thanks to you, I appeared on The One Show yesterday.

I live near London and would love to have the chance to thank you in person and to buy you a drink too.

I realise you must be very busy but, if there is a chance to meet you today,I would really appreciate it.

Thank you again.

Great stuff, well done! Are you the guy who went to Redlands? It looked like Keith's dedication in the book was 'Hi Wycombe'! Are you from round those parts?

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: November 24, 2012 22:33

bv can you make clear if tomorrow and thursday we are going to have the band with al the backup musicians or it is going to be stripped down as for example keith said recently in an interview?

about guests: i dont consider bill and mick as guests, anyway i'd like better the rolling stones with no guests, yet mary j blige of course is a great r'n'b singer songwriter, hope they make this a great thing

about out of control: great late song and will be glad to hear it on thursday. also interesting if there's no trumpet on stage, back to first question smiling smiley

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: November 24, 2012 22:35

Gazza
71Tele
bv
One day to go! As I have said before...

DO NOT READ ON IF YOU WANT THE SET LIST ON SUNDAY TO BE A SURPRISE!

This is what they have been rehearsing during the production rehersals

- All Down The Line
- I'm Going Down
- Out Of Control
- One More Shot
- Doon And Gloom

The rest is hidden around other pleces here so that I do not spoil the whole surprise tomorrow. They might change something but this was what they worked on just before they wrapped up this week at the Wembley Arena production rehearsals.

Out Of Control? Really? Do they have to force that turd on us every tour?

It was the absolute highlight of the Bridges tour (was great to see the crowd really go for a NEW Stones song - in a way I've never seen since Start Me Up in 82), it was played maybe once on the Licks tour (in Milan) and for only the first few weeks of the ABB tour.

Considering the impact it had in 1997-99, its been utterly overlooked ever since. Which is especially bizarre considering how much theyve pummeled the life out of throwaway third rate stuff like 'You Got Me Rocking'.

OK, never mind. Bring it on I guess.

Posted by: Harlem Shuffler ()
Date: November 24, 2012 22:37

bv
I have been working eight till late out of my cheap but still nice Wemley hotel, but now it is Saturday so I think I need a break. I will take a few hours into the city. The rain is hitting us now but I hope to be at the Jack Horner later this afternoon.

Hi, Bjornulf, just to say it was so nice to meet you at last and thank you not only for this website but also for the opportunities to be made immortal in two Stones-related films.

Hope you enjoyed the London Pride!

Posted by: Harlem Shuffler ()
Date: November 24, 2012 22:41

tattooyou
Harlem Shuffler
Hi Bjornulf,

I live near London and would love to have the chance to thank you in person and to buy you a drink too.

I realise you must be very busy but, if there is a chance to meet you today,I would really appreciate it.

Thank you again.

Great stuff, well done! Are you the guy who went to Redlands? It looked like Keith's dedication in the book was 'Hi Wycombe'! Are you from round those parts?

Thanks,tattooyou and yes to both questions!

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: November 24, 2012 23:15

Time Waits For No One - I wish they would do it tomorrow.

Posted by: DartfordRenegade ()
Date: November 24, 2012 23:16

Harlem Shuffler
tattooyou
Harlem Shuffler
Hi Bjornulf,

Thank you again.

Thanks,tattooyou and yes to both questions!

That was a great story Harlem Shuffler very Stonesy - Keef, a rifle, Jack Daniels and an autograph. Did you know Keef was going to be at Redlands or did you just take a chance?

Posted by: bigfrankie ()
Date: November 24, 2012 23:22

Mr. BV,

Are MT and Bill rehearsing? If so, on which songs?

don't give me that ole one two, one two three four

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: November 25, 2012 00:18

PLEASE DON'T POST THE SONGS . We will know in 24hrs. Would like some surprises >grinning smiley<

sc uk

Posted by: no satisfaction ()
Date: November 25, 2012 00:51

The night will be short. So enjoy all the good times! I will think well of you! and I will follow it all on the forum from France...thumbs up

Posted by: Thru and Thru ()
Date: November 25, 2012 00:53

BV - Thanks so much for sharing your time in London with all of us here, it's been great fun reading all your updates. I'm kicking myself now for having picked NY over London for my Stones shows but nothing I can do about that now. Can't wait till tomorrow to hear all about the concert, pictures, etc. Everyone there have a blast, enjoy!!!

Lose your dreams and you will lose your mind...

Posted by: latvianinexile ()
Date: November 25, 2012 00:58

Is it a little confusing that Mary J Blige also has a song called I'm Going Down?

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: November 25, 2012 01:07

straycatuk
PLEASE DON'T POST THE SONGS . We will know in 24hrs. Would like some surprises >grinning smiley<

sc uk
I agree. Let's have some patience here and not analyze the set list before the show even begins. Bring on the surprises!

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: November 25, 2012 01:37

Nave a blast e everyone at the London shows! Can't get to my home town this time but just bought my airline ticket from SF for the two Newark shows! Hopes. Soooooooo excited
Thanks for all the updates BV

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: November 25, 2012 01:49

I'm making the trek from SF to Newark as well, looking forward to it!

Posted by: bv ()
Date: November 25, 2012 02:01

Today is the day. The waiting time is over.

Bjornulf

Re: Countdown
Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: November 25, 2012 03:31

its still Saturday where I live. How do you explain that??

Date: November 25, 2012 04:17

bv
I love "Out Of Control". I think that song is an example of Stones songs some fans love while others don't. If they do it the right way, and if they get the lift-off in the crowd, it will lift the roof off. That happens at times. There is no roof at River Plate Stadium, but listen to OOC from No Security, I will tell you the crowd loved it.

I love it! Ranks right near the top with me. Certainly in my top ten. Any chance they will do Saint Of Me?

Date: November 25, 2012 04:19

Today, here in Toronto seems a million miles away from the action in not so sleepy London town. Enjoy the really Big Show.

Date: November 25, 2012 04:21

ryanpow
its still Saturday where I live. How do you explain that??

Still over five hours left of Saturday here in Seqium.

Posted by: GADAWG ()
Date: November 25, 2012 04:29

Hope someone will be able to post shortly after the show. I am sure there are intrests in sight lines especially at the corners and what was sold as obstructed behind stage. Could significantly shift some ticket prices

Date: November 25, 2012 04:34

GumbootCloggeroo
straycatuk

sc uk
I agree. Let's have some patience here and not analyze the set list before the show even begins. Bring on the surprises!

Yes, by all means. We have waited for five long years so I think we can wait another 18 to 20 hours.

Posted by: GADAWG ()
Date: November 25, 2012 04:42

JumpinJackOLantern
GumbootCloggeroo
straycatuk

sc uk

Yes, by all means. We have waited for five long years so I think we can wait another 18 to 20 hours.

Yes no songs just ticket sight lines

Date: November 25, 2012 04:54

Should be a ticket line web cam.

Date: November 25, 2012 05:14

Richard from Canada
Today, here in Toronto seems a million miles away from the action in not so sleepy London town. Enjoy the really Big Show.

I plan on leaving my body and traveling to the show. The body I have wouldn't hold up.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 7 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2191
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home