Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 9 of 10
Re: Fans invited into the Paris rehearsals - lifetime experience
Posted by: stonesfrkk ()
Date: November 16, 2012 04:25

Sorry Gazza it's been awhile i don't know the whole deal with iorr yet! I will try and be more on it as this little so called tour passes!

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: November 16, 2012 05:35

hey Frank - good to see you back!

Posted by: mickjagger1009 ()
Date: November 16, 2012 07:42

Rolling Stone magazine and other news outlets have reported that Mick Taylor and Bill would be doing a guest spot on these upcoming shows. I have not heard a single word about them rehearsing with the band. Is the Mick Taylor/Bill guest spot simply not going to happen... with even being mentioned again???

"You'll be studying history and you'll be down the gym. And I'll be down the pub, probably playing pool and drinking."

Posted by: gwen ()
Date: November 16, 2012 08:47

king
Do you think they will do a similar gesture in london whilst their practicing?

I really hope so. It's definitely a very special moment for a fan. However it seems there were lots of talk within the band in order to make this happen. Probably it helped that security got to know us over the whole month and decided that we were quite cool and motivated, being there in the sun, cold and rain, that a lovely young girl was there all the time and was noticed by the band, and that they were not bothered too much for autographs and photos... The studio configuration with a mezzanine was also a plus for the band security.

Posted by: william060190 ()
Date: November 16, 2012 10:48

the day after the rehearsal, security crew received bottles of Champagne, Wine and Cognac, offered by the happy few. "Oh no, not again, my liver." grinning smiley The whole month was spent in the calm and cheerful, relaxed atmosphere. A good way to say thank you and goodbye ...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-16 10:49 by william060190.

Date: November 16, 2012 10:59

mickjagger1009
Rolling Stone magazine and other news outlets have reported that Mick Taylor and Bill would be doing a guest spot on these upcoming shows. I have not heard a single word about them rehearsing with the band. Is the Mick Taylor/Bill guest spot simply not going to happen... with even being mentioned again???

Let them save at least some surprises for us winking smiley

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: November 16, 2012 14:03

mickjagger1009

Any reports are nothing but conjecture.

Why should they be rehearsing with them weeks in advance for a guest slot which (if it happens) will probably only be for a song or two?

Bobby Keys hasnt even rehearsed with the band yet.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: November 16, 2012 14:33

Guest spots are rehearsed on show day. Normally. Mick T and Bill have been playing with the Stones for years. They are pro. I don't think they need a lot of rehearsals to catch it. And any improvisations they might do would be great fun rather than annoying.

Bjornulf

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: November 16, 2012 15:00

Bill jammed with them last December . I'm sure he slotted the "wobble" straight back in.

sc uk

Posted by: chelskeith ()
Date: November 16, 2012 16:26

BV- was the rehearsal u saw filmed?

Posted by: gwen ()
Date: November 16, 2012 16:28

chelskeith
BV- was the rehearsal u saw filmed?

I didn't see any filming crew. Maybe smaller cameras used by techs but I doubt it. They were at work.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: November 16, 2012 16:54

Yep, no cameras in sight, either video or still. Too bad Jane Rose wasn't there like at the Trabendo with her DSLR ;-)

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: November 16, 2012 19:51

The rehearals were not filmed. The fans were invided totally informal. It was a basic setup. No management or P.R. people. Just the Stones and security, plus a few technicians. Just the way they use to work early stage. Why would they record their own rehearsals? No need for that. They simply work, nothing special about that, except we are not normal, we want to see them working. Nobody want to see me working, that's the difference...

Bjornulf

Posted by: chelskeith ()
Date: November 17, 2012 00:37

Seems like there will be a part 2 to crossfire hurricane and I thought they might have filmed their letting fans in.

Posted by: stonesfrkk ()
Date: November 17, 2012 01:07

Thanx Gazza! Good to see you still in full combat mode!lol Let's see where this tour will take us again? Hopefully we can hook up this time i just missed you a couple of times last tour!

Posted by: flilflam ()
Date: November 17, 2012 06:10

Glad to hear the Stones rehearsing again. Any word about the shape they are in? How is the music sounding? Are they in good form?

Was nice for them to invite bystanders into the rehearsals.

Date: November 17, 2012 11:17

They are in great shape. And they sound great. No worries.

Bjornulf

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: November 17, 2012 13:44

bv

Just seen the Matt Lauer interview on another thread, they do indeed look great and in very good shape. I'm totally psyched for the 25th, cannot wait.

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: SonicDreamer ()
Date: November 17, 2012 16:30

bv
The rehearals were not filmed. The fans were invided totally informal. It was a basic setup. No management or P.R. people. Just the Stones and security, plus a few technicians. Just the way they use to work early stage. Why would they record their own rehearsals? No need for that. They simply work, nothing special about that, except we are not normal, we want to see them working. Nobody want to see me working, that's the difference...

@ Nobody want to see me working, that's the difference - ha ha ha ha

You mean you are not sexy enough; if you get a sex change I might be interested? Joking

Cheers,
SonicD

Posted by: flilflam ()
Date: November 17, 2012 19:09

bv

Thanks, B. It would be great to hear a stripped down version of the Stones, Those horns were way too loud in the mix at my last 5 concerts, to the point that one could barely hear the guitars.The best Stones songs are musically minimal songs such as Back Street Girl and Star Star.

Less is better.

Re: tongue sticking out smileyRe: Fans invited into the Paris rehearsals - lifetime experience
Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: November 18, 2012 15:34

waaghals
LeonidP
manu
... Who said this band doesn't care about their fans anymore ? ...

I've said they don't really care about the music anymore. They've always had respect for their fans.

This is nothing new, during the Bigger Bang rehearsals in Vilvoorde Belgium, they allowed a few lucky fans to enter the studio!

They love their fans. Stop bashing the boystongue sticking out smiley

Huh? I agreed with that. I bash them on their lack of passion for the music these days, everything they've done in the past 25 years has been for the money. Like I said, they have always shown great respect for their fans.

Re: tongue sticking out smileyRe: Fans invited into the Paris rehearsals - lifetime experience
Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: November 18, 2012 17:02

LeonidP
waaghals
LeonidP
manu

I've said they don't really care about the music anymore. They've always had respect for their fans.

This is nothing new, during the Bigger Bang rehearsals in Vilvoorde Belgium, they allowed a few lucky fans to enter the studio!

Huh? I agreed with that. I bash them on their lack of passion for the music these days, everything they've done in the past 25 years has been for the money. Like I said, they have always shown great respect for their fans.

nobody needs to explain his reasons for bashing. there are no rules to this. bash away and enjoy.

Date: November 18, 2012 17:32

LeonidP

A bit OT and dunno about that, but the 4 guys we saw on stage the other day didn't look like guys who had a "lack of passion" for the music. If they did I'm not sure they would bother, and it would be easy enough for them to "phone it in" and not spend 24 days rehearsing in the burbs of Paris. They were definitely NOT phoning it in when rehearsing That's How Strong My Love is or Worried About You, just to name two of them.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: November 18, 2012 17:44

gotdablouse
A bit OT and dunno about that, but the 4 guys we saw on stage the other day didn't look like guys who had a "lack of passion" for the music. If they did I'm not sure they would bother.

oh, they'd bother. the money's the same, passion or no

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: November 18, 2012 20:02

gotdablouse
LeonidP

A bit OT and dunno about that, but the 4 guys we saw on stage the other day didn't look like guys who had a "lack of passion" for the music. ...

Seriously? Just look at the lack of Stones albums since 1981. They put them out every year or two before that, but once they got their payday, it all became about the next 'money making' tour, not about the music. That's what you saw the other day too.

Where is the get-together in a studio or basement for several days, creating great new music? ... Gone! I'm not bashing them over making the money when they can, just these ridiculous greatest hits 'deluxe' box sets get me incredibly annoyed -- I don't need Brown Sugar on 48 different compilation albums, I just need it on one: Sticky Fingers. How about some new shit, even if at least every 5 years.

Date: November 18, 2012 23:06

Well I'd like to see an album every 18 months too but the guys are pushing 70 and I can't for one even understand how they can come up with new songs after writing hundreds of them...it's pretty mind boggling actually.

Anyway no one who saw Mick singing "Worried About You" and "That's How Strong My Love" last week would say he "lacked passion", really, and if you haven't read the reports yet, click on the last link in my sig below.

--------------

Posted by: vermontoffender ()
Date: November 19, 2012 07:36

Hey, do me a favor; define "passion".

And, how can you spot it? Does it exist in the same way for every artist, or is it in the eyes and ears of the beholder? Or, is it some of both?

Just wondering. So many whiners here seem to have these definitive definitions for such slippery, complicated concepts.

Date: November 19, 2012 12:46

LeonidP
waaghals
LeonidP
manu

They made How Can I Stop for the money?? winking smiley

Date: November 19, 2012 20:07

Sure. They are all grandfathers with family and they spend weeks in a warehouse sort of building in Paris because they have nothing else to do. I am surprised that "fans" still question their passion. After 50 years. Of course they like what they do. They have the passon for what they do for sure.

Passion (from Wikipedia):

Passion (from the Ancient Greek verb ????? (paskho) meaning to suffer) is a term applied to a very strong feeling about a person or thing. Passion is an intense emotion compelling feeling, enthusiasm, or desire for something.

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-19 20:07 by bv.

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: November 19, 2012 22:34

bv
Sure. They are all grandfathers with family and they spend weeks in a warehouse sort of building in Paris because they have nothing else to do.

To be fair, these four "weeks in a warehouse sort of building" can't be that tough for them because they don't do it every month, not even every year, in fact it's their first weeklong rehearsal since more than half a decade, not counting the short ones this year in New York and last year in London, of course, so they had plenty of time for their families in recent years, no need to worry.

I don't doubt for a minute that they actually enjoy playing togeher WHEN they actually manage to get together, but they're not doing it for the fun of it - there's a big payday around the corner!

Thing is they DON'T rehearse or play together for a couple of days when there's NO payday on the horizon!

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 9 of 10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1780
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home