Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910
Current Page: 10 of 10
Re: Fans invited into the Paris rehearsals - lifetime experience
Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: November 19, 2012 23:45

bv
Sure. They are all grandfathers with family and they spend weeks in a warehouse sort of building in Paris because they have nothing else to do. I am surprised that "fans" still question their passion. After 50 years. Of course they like what they do. They have the passon for what they do for sure.

Passion (from Wikipedia):

Passion (from the Ancient Greek verb ????? (paskho) meaning to suffer) is a term applied to a very strong feeling about a person or thing. Passion is an intense emotion compelling feeling, enthusiasm, or desire for something.

there's definitely some suffering going on...i'll give them that....

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: November 19, 2012 23:52

vermontoffender
Hey, do me a favor; define "passion".

And, how can you spot it? Does it exist in the same way for every artist, or is it in the eyes and ears of the beholder? Or, is it some of both?

Simple for me. Passion is what they were about in the 60s & 70s, where they lived the music, hung around together, playing for hours, writing new songs, and touring when they had an album's worth of songs. Now they get together to rehearse for the mind blowing, money making tour and that's all. And I know what many are going to say, they are older, have families, have their own lives etc. I realize all that but still, I would think if they still had the passion for the music they would still get together every year or two, for a month at least, to write new songs. If they really had the 'passion' I would think they would do this naturally.

If you don't think they are only doing this to make their multi-million dollars, they you really are missing the clues. That is all its about, that doesn't mean they are just going thru the motions, Mick is still a performer and will make sure the show will be a success, no doubt about that.

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: November 19, 2012 23:53

alimente
I don't doubt for a minute that they actually enjoy playing togeher WHEN they actually manage to get together, but they're not doing it for the fun of it - there's a big payday around the corner!

Thing is they DON'T rehearse or play together for a couple of days when there's NO payday on the horizon!

Yes, that about sums up what I've been trying to say!

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: November 8, 2013 11:46

Yep it was a year ago today, what I'd give to experience that thrill again!

Link to the reports page, including mine : [www.iorr.org]

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: AntoineParis ()
Date: November 8, 2013 12:24

It was amazing, one year later i still don't believe

Goto Page: Previous12345678910
Current Page: 10 of 10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2023
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home