Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 5 of 10
Re: Fans invited into the Paris rehearsals - lifetime experience
Posted by: riffraff2 ()
Date: November 9, 2012 17:26

They certainly will not repeat the same thing today !

Yesterday was a surprise to thanks fans outsides! The same fans are probably here today.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: November 9, 2012 17:29

Reminds me of the girls hanging out in the late 60s at Apple/ ABbey Road to get a glimpse of the Beatles... who not only were invited to the recording session inside by Paul, but -- even better -- after impromptu auditon on the steps outside, got to sing beackground vocals on a track ("Across The Universe" ).

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 9, 2012 17:57

A great experience we're able to live vicariously through.

Thanks BV and others reporting from the inside!

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: November 9, 2012 18:11

schillid
Reminds me of the girls hanging out in the late 60s at Apple/ ABbey Road to get a glimpse of the Beatles... who not only were invited to the recording session inside by Paul, but -- even better -- after impromptu auditon on the steps outside, got to sing beackground vocals on a track ("Across The Universe" ).

And probably got shagged afterwards as well!

Date: November 9, 2012 18:18

schillid

He he, that happened to a few lucky girls on Where The Boys Go as well, during the Emotional Rescue-sessions - donĀ“t think the auditions were that hard, though smiling smiley

Posted by: angee ()
Date: November 9, 2012 18:44

gotdablouse, bv, and any others there...

Would you say most of the fans outside the rehearsal were at one or both of the club shows in France?
Did you all talk together outside while you were waiting?

I'm thinking the band and security recognized a lot of you, from what you are saying, or at least
felt the mellowness of the small crowd, and made their decision to let you in based on all that.

What do you think?

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: November 9, 2012 18:45

Sounds awesome and certainly amazing thing to happen. I am happy for all those in attendance and glad to hear that the band sounds like they have some fire in the old belly...they have become those that they set out to emulate in theior youth. Time waits for no one......

Posted by: john nicholls ()
Date: November 9, 2012 18:50

Very envious but very pleased for those inside. Well done Bjornulf you deserve it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

John Nicholls

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: November 9, 2012 19:49

gotdablouse
crawdaddy

Whatever we think of the way The Stones have dealt with the 'handling' of these 4 upcoming gigs,I feel that most of us fans are realy happy this invite to the rehearsals had happened. I for one am so happy for all those fans who were in the right place at the right time. If the location had been more publicised than it was,I don't think it would ever have happened.It seems to be common knowledge today. Too many fans would turn up.Too many fans will probably turn up today. 40 or 50 fans is O.K. for a private rehearsal with just the necessery staff but any more would be too much. winking smiley

Actually the location was well known since the Trabendo to anyone looking for it but the number of people on average must gave gone up from 10 to 20 on average and yesterday was 30/40 then 32 when they let us in. Today it's about 20, bottom line only die hards show up ;-)

I did notice the location as a link on another thread here,but I guess if you realy wanted to be there you could easily find out.Well done to you gotdablouse,Bjornulf,rockerparis and all other fans who got in to a once in a lifetime performance to see and to share it with us. smileys with beer

Posted by: BBrew ()
Date: November 9, 2012 20:03

this is really a dream come true, congratulations to everyone who was there, I can't even imagine how happy you must be now...

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: November 9, 2012 20:26

Been away for 2 days. Coming home I read this story.
WOW

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: November 9, 2012 21:34

corriecas
ROPENI
This was great for the 50 or so fans that were there,but in reality it smells like a publicity stunt by the band ,so that maybe they get some good will from the fans,who have been very upset about tickets prices and the like,it succeeded in the sense that most people here are going gaga over this,but in reality it doesn't change the general perception of the band being nothing more than a bunch of greedy selfish bastards..

cant you just be happy for the fans and.. the Stones.
This is just great. Stop being so negative

i agree the ticketprices are over the top, but what the band did is great.

jeroen
Jeroen,if you read my post,l clearly state that it was great for the fans that got in,and that most posters here are very happy about it,having said that,it does not take away the From the fact that they are still ripping off those same fans,with their ticket prices,and IMO,what they did yesterday was only a publicity stunt,to get some good press....

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: November 9, 2012 21:47

ROPENI
corriecas
ROPENI
This was great for the 50 or so fans that were there,but in reality it smells like a publicity stunt by the band ,so that maybe they get some good will from the fans,who have been very upset about tickets prices and the like,it succeeded in the sense that most people here are going gaga over this,but in reality it doesn't change the general perception of the band being nothing more than a bunch of greedy selfish bastards..

jeroen
Jeroen,if you read my post,l clearly state that it was great for the fans that got in,and that most posters here are very happy about it,having said that,it does not take away the From the fact that they are still ripping off those same fans,with their ticket prices,and IMO,what they did yesterday was only a publicity stunt,to get some good press....

That's right, this is great PR, indeed; and FREE PR - it'll make the "fans" all over the world a lot more forgiving about the ticketprices....writing things like "Rolling Stones really *care* about their fans" all over the internet...something the RS company probably had thought about when deciding to opening the doors.

I'd guess the modern times with internet and messageboards is what make bands (in general) do things like this, now, something they hardly ever did in the 70s/80s/90s.

....of course it's possible that the ONLY reason for this happening is that Jagger said "oh, let's be kind to them dedicated fans, let's make this the day of their lives", but.....eh...

I'm sure it was a great moment for those who got in, of course

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-09 21:56 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: noughties ()
Date: November 9, 2012 21:51

BV:
"We phone the ones we love to say thank you and to tell about our moment."

Hmm, thank you for their patience, I presume?

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: November 9, 2012 21:56

where's the bootleg already?

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 9, 2012 22:01

Erik_Snow
ROPENI
corriecas
ROPENI

jeroen

That's right, this is great PR, indeed; and FREE PR - it'll make the "fans" all over the world a lot more forgiving about the ticketprices....writing things like "Rolling Stones really *care* about their fans" all over the internet...something the RS company probably had thought about when deciding to opening the doors.

I'd guess the modern times with internet and messageboards is what make bands (in general) do things like this, now, something they hardly ever did in the 70s/80s/90s.

....of course it's possible that the ONLY reason for this happening is that Jagger said "oh, let's be kind to them dedicated fans, let's make this the day of their lives", but.....eh...

I think it was a nice gesture, they thought it would be fun and thought what the hell, let's do it.

Of course, it could be an entirely orchestrated effort, masterminded by Mick to sway world public opinion on high ticket prices, so the band is again found in good favour, and people become satisfied with the high prices.

It's one of the two I'm sure.

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: November 9, 2012 22:01

Its something we can only dream of.

Congrats to everybody who was there and well done Bv, well desearved.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: November 9, 2012 22:05

treaclefingers
Erik_Snow
ROPENI
corriecas
ROPENI

jeroen

I think it was a nice gesture, they thought it would be fun and thought what the hell, let's do it.

Of course, it could be an entirely orchestrated effort, masterminded by Mick to sway world public opinion on high ticket prices, so the band is again found in good favour, and people become satisfied with the high prices.

theory #3: one of these fans put a gun to mick's head and demanded entry for himself and 30 or 40 of his closest friends. i'm not saying it was bv, necessarily, but it wouldn't surprise me....

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: November 9, 2012 22:11

treaclefingers

No need to be sarchastic, treacle, I'm not saying it's just ONE reason for the fan-invite, or that people are satisfied with the ticket prices. But it's a positive factor for their reputation among the fans

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-09 22:13 by Erik_Snow.

Re: public rehearsal !!!!
Posted by: stonesnow ()
Date: November 9, 2012 22:18

bv
stonesnow
kowalski
Report from RockerParis on today's rehearsals here : [rockerparis.blogspot.fr]

I don't know about the rest of you, but from reading the Rocker Paris blog account of the rehearsals I find it hilarious that One More Shot went off "with several false starts and Mick reading the lyrics on his laptop". Mick and the band can't seem to get the hang of such a basic, straightforward song, or maybe they just don't like it all that much. No one should expect to hear this one live--unless Mick is prepared to phone it in via teleprompter.

I was there, so I can tell you exactly what happened. This is not about false starts or what is right or wrong. It is a matter about how to reproduce something they made in studio in August this year. They could have finished off the song on the first take, just like they could have finished of the restart of That's How Strong My Love is after the first try, but they want it different so they simply do it again and again.

I am sure if Bolt is doing a 100 meters start he might do it just 90% but he will not quit running, so this is just like doing it differently and trying options of how to perform the starting, ending and all the great stuff in the middle. And if Keith hits the wrong cords at the beginning of Brown Sugar, or your wife forget to say congratulations on your anniverary date, is that the end of the world? The Rolling Stones are about emotions and blues and rock'n'roll, I am not into analyzing every riff, bad and beat, just like you do not analyze a kiss. You enjoy it.

It just struck me as funny, especially the part about Mick having to read the lyrics from a laptop, because it sounded like another element of the long-standing Mick and Keith rivalry. The song itself seems like a musical version of Keith's apology to Mick over the "todgergate" fallout over Life, in that Mick at some level didn't seem to have internalized the song's content, specifically because it was one of Keith's songs. But I will accept your explanation of the event, as you were present and I was not. Congrats to you on having been in the right place at the right time, and I am sure you will have your favorite Stones music on hand as you catch up on your work. I am lucky enough to have the type of work where I can sit and listen to my favorite Stones (and Beatles, Who, Kinks, and et al) recordings to motivate me through a working day.

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: November 9, 2012 22:35

angee
I'm thinking the band and security recognized a lot of you, from what you are saying, or at least
felt the mellowness of the small crowd, and made their decision to let you in based on all that.

What do you think?

Thanks angee for those thought - I'm with you on that one!

Mellowness - yes! Nice to hear that word again. I think the Stones did, too. Still ringin' in the old hippie groovy thing and I think it worked. Mick and Keith sure have an antenna for this after all those gigs they played, don't you think? :-)

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: November 9, 2012 22:36

treaclefingers
Erik_Snow
ROPENI
corriecas
ROPENI

jeroen

It's one of the two I'm sure.[/quote

How many fans worldwide do know about this thing, was it on CNN, CBS, ABC News, BBC, German News or is it mostly limited to this forum and some other limited newspapers?

Posted by: phd ()
Date: November 9, 2012 22:43

Perseverance deserves a great gift. And this was happening 6 or 7 kilometers from where I work. I think I missed something.....Waiting on O2....Fabulous for all who were there.

Posted by: Thru and Thru ()
Date: November 9, 2012 22:45

Congratulations to bv and those others who were invited inside, what an amazing experience it must have been for you! bv, reading your review of the rehearsal event literally gave me goosebumps, truly a once in a lifetime event.

Lose your dreams and you will lose your mind...

Date: November 9, 2012 22:47

G R E A T !!!

I hope they will do this more often in the next 20 years or so.....combined with small club gigs...winking smiley

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: November 9, 2012 23:27

angee

Would you say most of the fans outside the rehearsal were at one or both of the club shows in France?

What do you think?

Yes most of us had made it to the Trabendo (maybe 80% and 4/5 I think to Mogador) and clearly a level of trust had built itself between the crew and the fans, I wasn't able to go there as often as I would have wanted but at least one fan, "Angel Pat", was there each day they rehearsed starting on October 10th (they probably started on the 8th) and a few others were there almost each day too. Basically we were on a first name basis with the crew (well we called them by their first name and they new "Angel Pat's" name, Ronnie too) and spoke quite often with them, shook hands. They told us today that the idea of letting fans in started on the way back to the hotel one night in Ronnie and Charlie's car one evening. Much to my shame I can't remember now if it originally came from Ronnie's assistant (yesterday's "voice" ) or from his fiancee, but both Ronnie and Charlie thought it was a good idea and then it worked its way up through the Stones' organization.

As for talking, we sure did, no lack of time (5 hours a day standing there!) sharing stories of past concerts, favorite tunes, who had arrived, etc...a nice little community built itself on that sidewalk in Bondy and there was a lot of hugging last night when we came out of the rehearsal and again tonight when it was time to say goodbye..."stones people" coming together!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-10 00:25 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: November 9, 2012 23:46

gotdablouse
angee

What do you think?

Yes most of us had made it to the Trabendo (maybe 80% and 4 or 5 I think to Mogador) and clearly a level of trust had built itself between the crew and the fans, I wasn't able to go there as often as I would have wanted but at least one fan, "Angel Pat", was there each day they rehearsed starting on October 10th (they probably started on the 8th) and a few others were there almost each day too. Basically we were on a first name basis with the crew (well we called them by their first name and they new "Angel Pat's" name, Ronnie too) and spoke quite often with them, shook hands. They told us today that the idea of letting fans in started on the way back to the hotel one night in Ronnie and Charlie's car one evening. Much to my shame I can't remember now if it originally came from Ronnie's assistant (yesterday's "voice") or from his fiancee, but both Ronnie and Charlie thought it was a good idea and then it worked its way up through the Stones's organization.

As for talking, we sure did, no lack of time (5 hours a day standing there!) sharing stories of past concerts, favorite tunes, who had arrived, etc...a nice little community built itself on that sidewalk in Bondy and there was a lot of hugging last night when we came out of the rehearsal and again tonight when it was time to say goodbye..."stones people" coming together!

Such a nice story and you all got what you realy deserved.You saw The Rolling Stones play as very few people have apart from crew,family and some friends.Storys to tell your kids and grandchildren. smileys with beer

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: November 9, 2012 23:47

Great for the lucky ones....congrats

Posted by: bv ()
Date: November 10, 2012 00:12

There were exactly 32 happy fans on that list of names of people who were allowed in. Plus a handful other guests up at the balcony. I recognized most of these fans also today, at the final rehearsals date in Paris. Rain or shine. It was a nice gesture and certainly not a PR stunt, because there were no photos, no press. Simply joy among the fans.

Bjornulf

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: November 10, 2012 00:19

bv
There were exactly 32 happy fans on that list of names of people who were allowed in. Plus a handful other guests up at the balcony. I recognized most of these fans also today, at the final rehearsals date in Paris. Rain or shine. It was a nice gesture and certainly not a PR stunt, because there were no photos, no press. Simply joy among the fans.
Exactly thumbs up

By the way - listening to One More Shot - a great melodic tune, could reach #1

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 5 of 10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1463
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home