Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 3 of 10
Re: Fans invited into the Paris rehearsals - lifetime experience
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 9, 2012 08:26

Congratulations Bjørnulf .... A dream comes true for you ....You deserve it

ROCKMAN

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: November 9, 2012 08:39

Rockman
Congratulations Bjørnulf .... A dream comes true for you ....You deserve it

Absolutely !! Well done hot smiley hot smiley hot smiley

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: November 9, 2012 08:41

SomeTorontoGirl
Congratulations, Bjornjulf, on a once-in-a-lifetime experience! There is no one more deserving of this opportunity. I hope your heart rate returns to normal soon!

<<< I hope your heart rate returns to normal soon ! >>>

thumbs up winking smiley

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: buffalo 81 ()
Date: November 9, 2012 09:02

Congratulations Bjørnulf, once in a lifetime...

Posted by: nick ()
Date: November 9, 2012 09:12

What makes this super cool is that unlike a Meet and Greet which is all Corporate sponsored, this was a personal invite by the band. Totally Awesome!!!

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: November 9, 2012 09:48

Well done bv ! What a memory.

sc uk

Posted by: Memorymotel62 ()
Date: November 9, 2012 09:52

Awesome read bv, congrats...

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: November 9, 2012 10:07

As I never find spare time such things I am very very happy for the ones who had the perseverance to wait until this happened. This is the one time life experience which may not come again. Thank you Rolling Stones and thank you for all who share their reports within this forum

Posted by: boynamedsue69 ()
Date: November 9, 2012 10:24

what a buzz it must have been for those who were given such an opportunity to watch the guys jamming and rehearsing in such a manner. absolutely sensational. congrats to the stones for allowing such an event like this to happen...

long live the stones..

keep on rockin guys ilove it...

ps. thanks bv for such a wonderful memoir of the days action..

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: November 9, 2012 10:27

F@*k I was supposed to be there yesterday....That really hurts.

Congrats to all in attendance.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: November 9, 2012 11:00

thanks for your beautiful stort Bjornulf, and congratulations to the fans whowere inside !!!!
jeroen

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: November 9, 2012 11:24

Bjornulf,I´m glad you could make your dream come true.
Great review of those moments...
This lifetime experience and memories will never fade.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: November 9, 2012 11:27

Well done Bjornulf and all the other lucky fans who got in.They surely deserved it. A realy nice gesture by The Stones on such a private and intimate area of their lives. My opinion has not changed about the whole ticket fiasco,but there is clearly a little bit of compassion for the fans they see day in,day out while they go to rehearsals . >grinning smiley<

Date: November 9, 2012 11:35

Shouldn't Rockerparis receive some sort of Rock'n Roll medal by now? fantastic updating and hardcore-ism over the last weeks.
I wouldn't call it luck or random that R-paris and BV happened to get in. They also took the time, effort and care to be there; so congratulations to them on a once in a lifer.

Re: public rehearsal !!!!
Posted by: bv ()
Date: November 9, 2012 11:37

stonesnow
kowalski
Report from RockerParis on today's rehearsals here : [rockerparis.blogspot.fr]

I don't know about the rest of you, but from reading the Rocker Paris blog account of the rehearsals I find it hilarious that One More Shot went off "with several false starts and Mick reading the lyrics on his laptop". Mick and the band can't seem to get the hang of such a basic, straightforward song, or maybe they just don't like it all that much. No one should expect to hear this one live--unless Mick is prepared to phone it in via teleprompter.

I was there, so I can tell you exactly what happened. This is not about false starts or what is right or wrong. It is a matter about how to reproduce something they made in studio in August this year. They could have finished off the song on the first take, just like they could have finished of the restart of That's How Strong My Love is after the first try, but they want it different so they simply do it again and again.

I am sure if Bolt is doing a 100 meters start he might do it just 90% but he will not quit running, so this is just like doing it differently and trying options of how to perform the starting, ending and all the great stuff in the middle. And if Keith hits the wrong cords at the beginning of Brown Sugar, or your wife forget to say congratulations on your anniverary date, is that the end of the world? The Rolling Stones are about emotions and blues and rock'n'roll, I am not into analyzing every riff, bad and beat, just like you do not analyze a kiss. You enjoy it.

Bjornulf

Posted by: latvianinexile ()
Date: November 9, 2012 11:41

Cool for everybody who happened to be there and got in. Almost better than a club gig.

Date: November 9, 2012 11:56

Fantastic! thumbs up Well-deserved, Bjørnulf (and the other hard core fans)!

Re: public rehearsal !!!!
Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: November 9, 2012 11:59

bv
stonesnow
kowalski
Report from RockerParis on today's rehearsals here : [rockerparis.blogspot.fr]

I don't know about the rest of you, but from reading the Rocker Paris blog account of the rehearsals I find it hilarious that One More Shot went off "with several false starts and Mick reading the lyrics on his laptop". Mick and the band can't seem to get the hang of such a basic, straightforward song, or maybe they just don't like it all that much. No one should expect to hear this one live--unless Mick is prepared to phone it in via teleprompter.

I was there, so I can tell you exactly what happened. This is not about false starts or what is right or wrong. It is a matter about how to reproduce something they made in studio in August this year. They could have finished off the song on the first take, just like they could have finished of the restart of That's How Strong My Love is after the first try, but they want it different so they simply do it again and again.

I am sure if Bolt is doing a 100 meters start he might do it just 90% but he will not quit running, so this is just like doing it differently and trying options of how to perform the starting, ending and all the great stuff in the middle. And if Keith hits the wrong cords at the beginning of Brown Sugar, or your wife forget to say congratulations on your anniverary date, is that the end of the world? The Rolling Stones are about emotions and blues and rock'n'roll, I am not into analyzing every riff, bad and beat, just like you do not analyze a kiss. You enjoy it.

Well said thumbs up

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: November 9, 2012 12:01

Fantastic......sooooooooo jealous

Date: November 9, 2012 12:04

Very cool, thanks for the wonderful review BV - you gave a great sense of the excitement and intensity of the moment, superb!

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: November 9, 2012 12:10

GRRRR !!what a chance or the result of long waiting time for brave people (it is quite cold now)

they did it for Mick's birthday party in 98 at Georges V hotel but it was not rehearsals, just jam.

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: November 9, 2012 12:17

What a reward for a lifetimes dedication smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-09 12:18 by Rollin92.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: November 9, 2012 12:19

Yes, remember this was not a concert, this was a working session for four much anticipated concerts and clearly they want to get the stuff down as best as possible before they get on stage. As BV says they could have nailed/winged OMS the first time around but they wanted to get that second chorus line perfectly in place, same goes for the first stop of That's How Strong where they worked with Charlie to get the decrescendo effect and timing of the gap...Keith said "it's all about the length" and Mick said something about the width, hehe...

As BV said they just carried on with the work at hand, seemingly oblivious to the fact that there were 40 people looking at them...at times I felt we were almost prying on them, especially when they got Charlie to get that part like they wanted, but then these guys have seen it all and you have to think they knew what they were doing. Same thing about the clapping, it was really impossible not to clap after the first song and since no one objected we did it again. After about 20 minutes I turned around after each song to look at the gentle giant who'd uttered "On va vous laisser rentrer" behind the gate and he smiled back so I knew we had a bit more to go and then my neighbor saw Mick signal "1" to his assistant so we knew "Little Red Rooster" was going to be the last one and tried to make the most of it, then a last glimpse before going down the stairs, stumbling in the maze of corridors and happy faces and hugs in the lobby...

Date: November 9, 2012 12:27

Catch your dreams before they slip away.......

Thank you for sharing your wonderful story Bjornulf!

Date: November 9, 2012 12:30

gotdablouse
Yes, remember this was not a concert, this was a working session for four much anticipated concerts and clearly they want to get the stuff down as best as possible before they get on stage. As BV says they could have nailed/winged OMS the first time around but they wanted to get that second chorus line perfectly in place, same goes for the first stop of That's How Strong where they worked with Charlie to get the decrescendo effect and timing of the gap...Keith said "it's all about the length" and Mick said something about the width, hehe...

As BV said they just carried on with the work at hand, seemingly oblivious to the fact that there were 40 people looking at them...at times I felt we were almost prying on them, especially when they got Charlie to get that part like they wanted, but then these guys have seen it all and you have to think they knew what they were doing. Same thing about the clapping, it was really impossible not to clap after the first song and since no one objected we did it again. After about 20 minutes I turned around after each song to look at the gentle giant who'd uttered "On va vous laisser rentrer" behind the gate and he smiled back so I knew we had a bit more to go and then my neighbor saw Mick signal "1" to his assistant so we knew "Little Red Rooster" was going to be the last one and tried to make the most of it, then a last glimpse before going down the stairs, stumbling in the maze of corridors and happy faces and hugs in the lobby...

It's so cool reading about your experience thumbs up

Can you say anything about how the band sounded as well?

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: November 9, 2012 12:44

What a setlist !!!

drinking smileyRe: Fans invited into the Paris rehearsals - lifetime experience
Posted by: no satisfaction ()
Date: November 9, 2012 12:45

To be once in his life near of Keith's ampli in rehearsals! That'was always a dream for me ...And It was always a dream for me... And you Bspinning smiley sticking its tongue outjornjulf you realized it... I am really happy for you....

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: November 9, 2012 12:54

Really this is the top Rolling Stones experience what you could imagine.

I dreamed about this several times.

Fantastic!

Posted by: whodo ()
Date: November 9, 2012 13:00

amazing! i read bv's report imagining the sheer joy he felt.
congratulations to those who were there and also to the stones for showing their appreciation by allowing fans to see them in such an intimate setting.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: November 9, 2012 13:01

@ DandelionPowderman - The sound was fabulous, crystal clear, especially compared to the sound maelstrom of the Trabendo

In particular you could hear every note Keith played, unfortunately he was playing sideways most of the time facing the rest of the band so I couldn't see as much as I would have liked, especially playing some guitar myself, but it was really terrific overall...I can only recall one bum note when he was playing a lick during That's How Strong . Others say afterwards they'd heard other mistakes but weren't.

I think we were getting the sound straight from their amps and he was the loudest, it was striking and almost a bit worrying for "No Expectations" which is such a gentle song but he accompanied Mick's acoustic with great subtlety. His rhythm licks on "Worried About You" were fabulous too, just like in that friggin' promo video for Tattoo You I used to watch as a kid.

The man is fine, I'd even say he's on fire, at one point he walked to the bathroom on the right, just under our nose and as we were calling him he turned around with a big smile and cracked a laugh, then he came back and literally jumped back on stage...

I'm still reeling from the the fact that they let us in, we'd talked about that among us several times outside and we always came to the conclusion that there was too much at stake for them to take any risks...I guess they got some good vibes from the regulars and the crew was still very watchful inside, as they should be. Some of them had big smiles though when they saw the fans swept off their feet like that.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-09 13:14 by gotdablouse.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 3 of 10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1442
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home