Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415Next
Current Page: 13 of 15
Re: Anyone else tired of the whiners?
Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: November 27, 2012 21:59

i will serve up plenty of whine when it's time...i'm of the paul masson school of whinery....

Posted by: Promoman ()
Date: November 28, 2012 01:06

albop
Yes, thank you to the Rolling Stones for the prices of the tickets. A lot of fans stayed at home.

I got this from the 'Thank the Stones' Thread, which I think is a great initiative by BV. I did not want to pollute that one. Really that is not the place to do that is it? And hasn't that been said more than enough times?

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: November 28, 2012 01:16

Good decision Promoman

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: justamomentita ()
Date: November 28, 2012 02:37

The whiners were slayed on Sunday night.
Any more whines are just the moans of lingering zombies......and we know
what Mick does to zombies.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: November 28, 2012 06:07

justamomentita
thumbs upsmileys with beer

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: November 28, 2012 07:11

Max'sKansasCity
Just wait until after the O2 concerts on the 26th... there will be tons more things for Stones whiners to whine about... set lists and set list whing (yeah there will probably be 4-5 set list whining threads and... oh so many more whining logs to throw on the whining fire.

I get the impression that your vocabulary is pretty much limited to "whine" in all possible grammatical variations.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: November 28, 2012 07:46

alimente
Max'sKansasCity
Just wait until after the O2 concerts on the 26th... there will be tons more things for Stones whiners to whine about... set lists and set list whing (yeah there will probably be 4-5 set list whining threads and... oh so many more whining logs to throw on the whining fire.

I get the impression that your vocabulary is pretty much limited to "whine" in all possible grammatical variations.

yeeeaaawwwwn

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 28, 2012 09:13

alimente
Max'sKansasCity

what exactly are you whining about alimente?

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: November 28, 2012 12:36

justamomentita

Huh?.....they were good but not that good, a warhorse is a warhorse however you dress it up, although I must admit YCAGWYW and Midnight rambler were particularly well dressed on Sunday....smoking smiley............but Miss you, TD SMU, Sympathy.............not indespensible or irreplaceable.........confused smiley

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: November 28, 2012 12:40

There is a special place in Hell reserved for those who complained about Mick Taylor's performance.

Mick J and Keith - please ignore them!

Date: November 28, 2012 12:54

EddieByword
justamomentita

Huh?.....they were good but not that good, a warhorse is a warhorse however you dress it up, although I must admit YCAGWYW and Midnight rambler were particularly well dressed on Sunday....smoking smiley............but Miss you, TD SMU, Sympathy.............not indespensible or irreplaceable.........confused smiley

You were there, Eddie?

I found SMU and SFTD extremely well-played and interesting again. YCAGWYW was surprisingly enough nothing but amazing!

Miss You I could have done without, though...

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: November 28, 2012 13:04

DandelionPowderman
EddieByword
justamomentita

You were there, Eddie?

I found SMU and SFTD extremely well-played and interesting again. YCAGWYW was surprisingly enough nothing but amazing!

From the clips I even like TD: it just really shows that it really was the horn section that turned the Stones into a Vegas act -now with only two sax players it is much more back to basic, much more RnR.

But I indeed hope they won't do Miss You this Thursday. Or maybe they should, so I can get another beer.

Mathijs

Date: November 28, 2012 13:23

Mathijs
DandelionPowderman
EddieByword
justamomentita

You were there, Eddie?

From the clips I even like TD: it just really shows that it really was the horn section that turned the Stones into a Vegas act -now with only two sax players it is much more back to basic, much more RnR.

But I indeed hope they won't do Miss You this Thursday. Or maybe they should, so I can get another beer.

Mathijs

DandelionPowderman No I wasn't there but I've seen enough shows and got enough boots (Listened to this one last night, it's uploaded on Hotstuff) to have an ear to compare......as you can see in my first post I'm with you On YCAGWYW - lovely - what's that thing the French do when they taste particularly nice food...Moi.with the flourish of the hand...(although I know that means 'me'.)
Mathijs.......weirdly enough I remember cursing the inclusion of TD in ABB (My friend called that tour "The Oh no not TD again tour") but as I say probaly against the general consensus here I really enjoyed the Shine a light film version so............??

LOL ...looks like everyone can pass on Miss you though.......How about Mick T. staying on for Fingerprint File instead?............although I did enjoy Darryl's bittabass bit...............

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-28 13:29 by EddieByword.

Posted by: Promoman ()
Date: November 28, 2012 13:33

Mathijs
DandelionPowderman
EddieByword
justamomentita

You were there, Eddie?

Mathijs

Will you be going Mathijs?

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: November 28, 2012 16:51

EddieByword
everyone can pass on Miss you

Don't wanna be a whiner, but, bud, butt I always loved Miss You

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: November 28, 2012 17:03

treaclefingers
alimente
Max'sKansasCity

what exactly are you whining about alimente?

About the correct use of soap. I think that's pretty obvious. Worried about you, treaclefingers!

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: November 28, 2012 17:13

Bliss
There is a special place in Hell reserved for those who complained about Mick Taylor's performance.

Why are some Stones fans so damn sensitive when it comes to criticism of their beloved band? Is it just an internet thing? What if you were in a bar talking with someone and they said to you "well you know, Mick T. was just a bit off during Midnight Rambler", you wouldn't say to his face "oh, you're a whiner. You're negative". No, you would, hopefully, respect his opinion and have a discussion with him. But not here. On the internet if you criticize them in the slightest, you are a "whiner". Ridiculous.

Date: November 28, 2012 17:16

Rolling Hansie
EddieByword
everyone can pass on Miss you

Don't wanna be a whiner, but, bud, butt I always loved Miss You

No problem here either Hansie, for the most part I like it well enough too, especially that long one they played in 1998..........that's it! I just realised, I like Miss you best when it's a really long groove..........cool smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-28 17:16 by EddieByword.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: November 28, 2012 17:28

I prefer a Norwegian Jarlberger with my whine. In the end it's only dualism. Like yin and yang, dark and light etc. What would the world be without it?

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: November 28, 2012 17:31

I don't whine, I just keep it real.

From what I've seen, things look promising for the next batch of shows.
The ticket prices are still an insult, though.

And of course, sometimes keeping it real goes wrong:

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: November 28, 2012 17:44

GumbootCloggeroo
Bliss

Why are some Stones fans so damn sensitive when it comes to criticism of their beloved band? Is it just an internet thing? What if you were in a bar talking with someone and they said to you "well you know, Mick T. was just a bit off during Midnight Rambler", you wouldn't say to his face "oh, you're a whiner. You're negative". No, you would, hopefully, respect his opinion and have a discussion with him. But not here. On the internet if you criticize them in the slightest, you are a "whiner". Ridiculous.

I blame the anonymity of the internet.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: November 28, 2012 17:53

put them on the cheapest seats, especially when they are afraid of heights and keep them there for 56 hours. till they shit in their pants, piss and throw up and say sorry.
jeroen

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: November 28, 2012 18:03

One must feel sorry for them that are called whiners. We must not be harsh with them.
They can't have an easy time, given the level of the first concert (as far as I have heard it).

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: November 28, 2012 18:17

ofcourse we must be harsh
send them to an island and play them songs they dont like
jeroen

Date: November 28, 2012 18:35

71Tele
GumbootCloggeroo
Bliss

I blame the anonymity of the internet.

what do mean? there's nothing anonymous about the internet - it's the world wide web and it's very well known around the world.

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: November 28, 2012 18:44

GumbootCloggeroo
Bliss

BECAUSE - if Mick and Keith think MT's performance didn't go over well with the fans, he will never be invited back! If this was a private forum, people can whine their little hearts out.

Date: November 28, 2012 18:49

Bliss
GumbootCloggeroo
Bliss

BECAUSE - if Mick and Keith think MT's performance didn't go over well with the fans, he will never be invited back! If this was a private forum, people can whine their little hearts out.

dear mick and keith:

please invite mick taylor back again. we whiners have so little to live for...if you don't invite mick taylor back to play some more with you that's just one thing less to criticize and whine about.

thank you for your consideration. and, mick? lose the hat. thanks.

Posted by: deadegad ()
Date: November 28, 2012 19:00

While the SFTD clip seemed to show Keith playing better than in tours past it would sound much better with Ronnie playing that lead and Keith stuck to rhythm.

With the Stones charging the prices that they do, they deserve criticism.

Just look at what we get charged to belong to RS.com with the lure of special access to tickets? And come 'tour time" you get no better a deal than the general public. No better access.

In other words 'we wuz robbed!"

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: November 28, 2012 19:04

StonesTod

dear mick and keith:

please invite mick taylor back again. we whiners have so little to live for...if you don't invite mick taylor back to play some more with you that's just one thing less to criticize and whine about.

thank you for your consideration. and, mick? lose the hat. thanks.

I second that emotion.

Date: November 28, 2012 19:30

corriecas
put them on the cheapest seats, especially when they are afraid of heights and keep them there for 56 hours. till they shit in their pants, piss and throw up and say sorry.
jeroen

I know it was expensive but that's going a bit far isn't it?..........grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-28 19:31 by EddieByword.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415Next
Current Page: 13 of 15

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1767
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home