Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 12
Re: MOGADOR informations
Posted by: olivier33 ()
Date: October 29, 2012 17:36

I have a friend called Mick but i think he'll be very busy.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: October 29, 2012 18:06

It will interesting to see if any regular fans are allowed in or if it is only invited, private party, 1%er gotillas. If it is only the 1%er gorrilas, then I will wonder if this gig was booked first..... and last weeks gig was quickly set up to simply "head off at the pass" any critics who would probably pound on the band for catering only to the 1%er gorillas of the world.

Good luck to anyone over there... hope you get in to see the show.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: October 29, 2012 18:11

Max'sKansasCity
I will wonder if this gig was booked first..... and last weeks gig was quickly set up to simply "head off at the pass" any critics who would probably pound on the band for catering only to the 1%er gorillas of the world.

My theory exactly. However, I do think a few real fans will be allowed in this show.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: October 29, 2012 18:15

Yeah that was what the Liberation article said this morning, not sure there's a link in this thread or elsewhere. The Trabendo boss said they (Encore I assume since they produced the show) scouted concert places 10 days before the gig happened, i.e. around 15/10 and the Mogador show info leaked on the 19th I think so you can draw your own conclusions...Having said that I don't think anyone has a problem with the fact they played at the Trabendo, regardless of the reasons ;-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-29 18:16 by gotdablouse.

Date: October 29, 2012 18:17

frankotero
Max'sKansasCity
I will wonder if this gig was booked first..... and last weeks gig was quickly set up to simply "head off at the pass" any critics who would probably pound on the band for catering only to the 1%er gorillas of the world.

My theory exactly. However, I do think a few real fans will be allowed in this show.

I hope so to. Dance with the one who brung ya.

When I was reminded what a gorilla in the human world really is, and then saw the prices they are charging, then the whole gorilla art work thing made sense... and it hurt my heart a little bit... and Atlas shrugged the rich 1%ers, aboard their private jets, just laughed.

Posted by: razorback9200 ()
Date: October 29, 2012 18:24

These rumours ,secret gigs ,will play or not ,fans allowed or not, are just a bore !
Worst than being thrown in the middle of a James Bond movie....who holds the secret ,then after who holds the bristols ,tickets or not ? They can @#$%& right off ..I can do without another Stones concert in my life...paying my left ball for a crappy seat at the O2 ? No way ! !

Posted by: Rsylvain ()
Date: October 29, 2012 18:25

olivier33
I come back from Mogador.
Many metalic protections, cops, security...

at 3 PM only 30 fans.

For information backdoor is 83 rue Saint Lazare, some fans waiting there.

Show is confirmed (had it to be ???).

N'aurais tu pas posté la même chose sur twitter ? :-)

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: October 29, 2012 18:28

I feel you Max, I suspect a lot of others do as well. Never thought of the gorilla thing in that way though. But I do see your point. I always say I'll do it until it's not fun anymore, and it's getting kind of close. At first I wasn't going to London but now I am with hopes of finding a decent ticket at a decent price. If it doesn't happen I'll enjoy some beers and a short holiday instead.

Date: October 29, 2012 18:36

frankotero
I feel you Max, I suspect a lot of others do as well. Never thought of the gorilla thing in that way though. But I do see your point. I always say I'll do it until it's not fun anymore, and it's getting kind of close. At first I wasn't going to London but now I am with hopes of finding a decent ticket at a decent price. If it doesn't happen I'll enjoy some beers and a short holiday instead.

Gorilla is an old marketing term. They said .... If one is trying to get clients, and they showed how the "top 10% of clients"( the gorillas) generate 90% of the profit... then they ask "why not go only market to the "gorillas"". It was called gorilla marketing. They said.... you wont land as many clients, but the gorillas you do land will more than make up for the time wasting bottom 90% of the market.

I left that business... I am not a profit whore.

Posted by: riffraff2 ()
Date: October 29, 2012 18:58

The doors will open in 2 hours ... no more information ?

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: October 29, 2012 19:31

frankotero
Max'sKansasCity

Its a private gig as far as I know, so, like the Deutsche Bank gig in 2007, presumably that means absolutely no access for the public.

However, I know of one regular poster here who managed to get an invite.

Posted by: marclaff ()
Date: October 29, 2012 19:50

Gazza : However, I know of one regular poster here who managed to get an invite.

At least we'll know about the set list.

Date: October 29, 2012 19:55

C'est le bordel devant le théâtre. Trop de monde partout.
Nous étions moins 10 fois moins nombreux au trabendo !!!

Date: October 29, 2012 19:59

Rsylvain
C'est le bordel devant le théâtre. Trop de monde partout.
Nous étions moins 10 fois moins nombreux au trabendo !!!

Date: October 29, 2012 20:00

The problem is that it's the friggin' heart of Paris, Trabendo was in the middle of nowhere...

So there's no organized queue then? No gates? Pics would be great if you can!

Date: October 29, 2012 20:05

Une 10aine de personne devant les backstage.
2 queues aux extrémités de la rue du théâtre ou les gens avec invit peuvent passer. Des gens en face du theatre qui attendent pour rien je pense et quelques personnes qui attentent sans place à une des deux queues.

Posted by: benstones ()
Date: October 29, 2012 20:13

Translation of Rsylvain's post:

About 10 fans are front of the backstage.

There are 2 queues in the extremities of the Theatre's street, where the people (with invitation) can go through.

Some fans are waiting front of the Theatre and are waiting for nothing I think and some fans are waiting in the queue without ticket.

Date: October 29, 2012 20:16

Thanks ben

Posted by: benstones ()
Date: October 29, 2012 20:20

Welcome Max smiling smiley

Date: October 29, 2012 20:22

Sounds messy indeed, reminds me of Olympia 1995, except that there no scalpers at least.

Date: October 29, 2012 20:22

Les Stones sont déjà dedans depuis une bonne heure visiblement.

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: October 29, 2012 20:23

Are the Stones playing another show tonight? Who do they think they are, a band?!?

Date: October 29, 2012 20:30

Rsylvain
Les Stones sont déjà dedans depuis une bonne heure visiblement.
That's a change from Trebando when they arrived a few minutes before the show but there might have been concerns tonight that access would be hard in that busy part of Paris.

Did some fans see them come in? Are there any signs on Mogador saying the Stones are playing tonight?

Date: October 29, 2012 20:32

Oui les gens les ont vu rentrer. Donc ils vont jouer. Téléphone et appareil photo interdit comme jeudi.

Posted by: phd ()
Date: October 29, 2012 20:43

Yes, somepeople saw them inside. They thus will play. Cell mobiles are forbidden

Date: October 29, 2012 20:57

Yeah I think that was specified on the invitations, it was a bit more of a surprise on Thursday but you could check in your bag fortunately.

What's the security like? Any of the Stones' crew in view?

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: October 29, 2012 21:06

Horrible picture, but here it is...

Date: October 29, 2012 21:13

Thanks for the pic!

Posted by: wattsydrums ()
Date: October 29, 2012 21:15

thanks !!

Posted by: carlitosbaez ()
Date: October 29, 2012 21:19

Thanks!!

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 12

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2167
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home