Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Is Everybody Ready?
Posted by: DoomNGloom ()
Date: November 11, 2012 21:01

Two weeks to go! Hard to believe that the moment of truth has finally arrived! Five years and three months!

What an autumn this has been! October was amazing. November the same. And no letting off the gas in December!

GRRR released tomorrow in the UK. Monday in the US. Crossfire Hurricane shows on Wednesday night on HBO. A possible club show in London between now and the 25th?

Anyone see the WWE pro mo video for One More Shot? Calling the Stones the Greatest Rock 'N Roll Band Of All Time! Yeah, we knew that!

I am ready, are you ready?

Re: Is Everybody Ready?
Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: November 11, 2012 21:04

eye rolling smiley

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: November 11, 2012 21:04

Are you actually going?

What do you think about their atrocious ticket prices. I'm DYING to hear what you think about 1) the epitome of greed they have shown, and 2) what you think of the recent clips of them struggling to play decently. (I won't ask what you think of Doom and Gloom or One More Shot since you must think it's their best stuff since Exile I'm sure).

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: slew ()
Date: November 11, 2012 21:11

BV has reported the club shows were played well again more negativity from jamesfdouglas

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: November 11, 2012 21:22

"Everybody seems to be ready, everybody ready? We are sorry for the delay The greatest rock and roll band in the world... Chas and Dave".

(Chas and Dave Live at the Kings Arms - 1973).

Date: November 11, 2012 21:26

Interesting that it was almost exactly 62 months to the day from their last performance of ABB on August 26, 2005 until the their club performance on October 25, 2012. And almost exactly 63 months to the o2 arena show. Interesting if you are into to numbers and all that. The bands first year of existence came almost equally in '62 and '63. It's destiny my friends, right there in the numbers all along.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: November 11, 2012 21:29

crawdaddy
Some good stuff coming up on BBC TV on The Rolling Stones.

Crossfire Hurricane Part 1 on BBC2 Saturday 17th November
Crossfire Hurricane Part 2 on BBC2 Saturday 24th November.
Heres a link >grinning smiley<
Rolling Stones on TV

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: November 11, 2012 21:30

jamesfdouglas

What do you think about their atrocious ticket prices.

Atrocious ticket prices? I thought Keith took care of that for us. Threatened the promoters with a hangman's noose until they kowtowed to our demands.

Date: November 11, 2012 21:32

Edith Grove
eye rolling smiley

Not the least bit excited?

Date: November 11, 2012 21:36

No response? Really?? Oh well, keep, uh... cheerleading this 'band'.

[thepowergoats.com]

Date: November 11, 2012 21:42

DoomNGloom
Edith Grove
eye rolling smiley

Not the least bit excited?

eye rolling smiley eye rolling smiley

Posted by: stonesnow ()
Date: November 11, 2012 21:46

Are you ready MightyStonesStillRollin50, wherever you are?

Date: November 11, 2012 21:59

jamesfdouglas
Are you actually going?

What do you think about their atrocious ticket prices. I'm DYING to hear what you think about 1) the epitome of greed they have shown, and 2) what you think of the recent clips of them struggling to play decently. (I won't ask what you think of Doom and Gloom or One More Shot since you must think it's their best stuff since Exile I'm sure).

My live concert days are done. I plan on watching on PPV. Ticket prices were never an issue for me and they wouldn't have been this time around either. What is viewed as atrocious to some is viewed as reasonable to others. Just like music, very subjective.

I don't think Mick is the greedy individual that he is made out to be. It's just that he travels in different circles than us "blue collars" do. Hard for him to relate. There is no way he saw this backlash coming. Keith apparently is out of the loop as he said, but he might be the one to relate better to us than Mick.

I am going to be watching the PPV concert with a dozen or so friends. At least six of them are musicians. I will get back to you after the concert to give you my review as well as theirs. Should be an exciting and interesting evening.

Yes, I love both Doom And Gloom and One More Shot. Looking forward to the new album next year.

Date: November 11, 2012 22:04

stonesnow
Are you ready MightyStonesStillRollin50, wherever you are?

I am sure Mighty (wherever he is) would absolutely love this! You are the greatest, stonesnow!smileys with beer

Date: November 11, 2012 22:10

tatters
jamesfdouglas

What do you think about their atrocious ticket prices.

Atrocious ticket prices? I thought Keith took care of that for us. Threatened the promoters with a hangman's noose until they kowtowed to our demands.

Well, my good friend, that's the way it SHOULD have gone down. The way some dreamed it. But as you know, sometimes you can't always have it all your way, or something like that.

Date: November 11, 2012 22:12

Edith Grove
eye rolling smiley

Cheer up, Drew Brees is bringing the Saints back from the dead.

Date: November 11, 2012 22:30

DoomNGloom
jamesfdouglas
Are you actually going?

My live concert days are done. I plan on watching on PPV. Ticket prices were never an issue for me and they wouldn't have been this time around either. What is viewed as atrocious to some is viewed as reasonable to others. Just like music, very subjective.

I don't think Mick is the greedy individual that he is made out to be. It's just that he travels in different circles than us "blue collars" do. Hard for him to relate. There is no way he saw this backlash coming. Keith apparently is out of the loop as he said, but he might be the one to relate better to us than Mick.

I am going to be watching the PPV concert with a dozen or so friends. At least six of them are musicians. I will get back to you after the concert to give you my review as well as theirs. Should be an exciting and interesting evening.

Yes, I love both Doom And Gloom and One More Shot. Looking forward to the new album next year.

EVen though I grumble, I wouldn't want to spoil your fun. I'm glad you're enjoying the ride, let us know what you think of the PPV. Cheers

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: November 11, 2012 22:45

It's like having a great over-enthusiastic puppy bounding around the room, isn't it. Us cynical old cats don't know what to do with him...

Date: November 11, 2012 23:06

DoomNGloom
Edith Grove
eye rolling smiley

Cheer up, Drew Brees is bringing the Saints back from the dead.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: November 11, 2012 23:31

DoomNGloom
Two weeks to go! Hard to believe that the moment of truth has finally arrived! Five years and three months!

What an autumn this has been! October was amazing. November the same. And no letting off the gas in December!

GRRR released tomorrow in the UK. Monday in the US. Crossfire Hurricane shows on Wednesday night on HBO. A possible club show in London between now and the 25th?

Anyone see the WWE pro mo video for One More Shot? Calling the Stones the Greatest Rock 'N Roll Band Of All Time! Yeah, we knew that!

do realize bv adds an exclamation point tax if you exceed your monthly allotment?

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: November 11, 2012 23:32

StonesTod
DoomNGloom

do realize bv adds an exclamation point tax if you exceed your monthly allotment?

?

That's a mean tax!!!!!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-11 23:34 by GravityBoy.

Posted by: Monkeytonkman ()
Date: November 12, 2012 01:33

DoomNGloom

What he said!!!!

I'm ready brudda >grinning smiley<

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-12 01:51 by Monkeytonkman.

Posted by: backstreetboy1 ()
Date: November 12, 2012 01:36

doom and gloom that was august,07.and yeds im going and ready.

Posted by: custom55 ()
Date: November 12, 2012 02:06

I'm ready for Newark !!! thumbs up

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: November 12, 2012 02:48

Not sure if EVERYBODY is ready...

But after hanging out here for the last three or four weeks...

I SURE THE HELL AM!

Posted by: riverrat ()
Date: November 12, 2012 07:37

DoomNGloom
jamesfdouglas
Are you actually going?

Can I watch the PPV with you, DNG, at your place? Sounds fun.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1804
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home