Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 12
Re: MOGADOR informations
Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: October 30, 2012 02:20

They would take it if they needed the money, like George Harrison agreed to work on the Anthology project, but they don't, at least at this point so they won't stoop so low, talk about tainting your legacy...

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: October 30, 2012 02:20

gotdablouse
Dreamer
gotdablouse
superrevvy
Max'sKansasCity
Kind of like if a Stones shows happen in the woods Paris and no real fans are there to see/hear it... did it really happen?

Don't worry, this is how it will go down...

1) Verbal reports that Keith was great
2) Short video that indicates he was anything but.
3) Shill-ish types yelling at us not to believe our own eyes.

This has been the pattern since the Apollo and I fully expect it to last up
until and probably right thru the pay-per-view. In fact I would go so far as to
say that the Keith sucks/doesn't suck debate will be with us for the rest of their
career. Its the the new version of Taylor/Wood I'm afraid.

And its not just the hardcore. If you look at the comments for the one-minute
JJF on youtube, its there too. Its everywhere.

And how long can the Stones last with at least half the people who love them
thinking that Keith, in order to preserve what's left of their legacy, should
give it the fcuk up already?

We shall see.

Are you planning to attend any concerts to form your own opinion or are you only interested in internet jousts ? I must have said it ten times before but Keith was 4 meters away from me the other days, sometimes less and he certainly didn't embarrass himself or the band at the Trebando, and the fans were overjoyed, looks like it's a good deal for all involved, no?

So have anyone compared the setlists ? I haven't bothered yet ;-)

I don't know about superrevvy but I saw about 13% of the gig and that was enough for me to say what I had to say about it.
I don't mind that you saw the first (12 song warm up) show since 5 years and think it's great...
And of course there are plenty of fans who would be 'overjoyed' and think 'it's a good deal for all involved.'
But tell me: how do you know Keith 'certainly didn't embarrass himself.'?
In any case: he did embarrass me. Again.
And I really do hope he will do better in the near future, don't get me wrong.

Seriously ? Ok, let's see, how does a guitar player embarrass himself on stage? I'll let you think about it a bit, then you give us your list and we'll try to check the boxes. Since you feel so strongly about this topic, I recommend you start a new topic called "Keith embarrassed himself on stage at the Trabendo" to get maximum attention and feedback from those who were there. Let's keep this one for, hopefully, some feedback from the Mogador show, thanks.

In defense mode are you... You can turn around what you like but I will just repeat my question: how do you know Keith 'certainly didn't embarrass himself.'?
And I will also repeat "he did embarrass me. Again."
So your topic here is "he certainly didn't embarrass himself or the band at the Trebando, and the fans were overjoyed, looks like it's a good deal for all involved, no?"...
And I am just questioning that, ok?

Date: October 30, 2012 02:24

Just start that new "Keith embarrassed himself at the Trabendo" with your special tips on spotting a guitarist embarrassing himself on stage and we can take it from there.

...so, any Mogador reviews posted anywhere yet?

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-30 02:25 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: October 30, 2012 02:38

gotdablouse
Just start that new "Keith embarrassed himself at the Trabendo" with your special tips on spotting a guitarist embarrassing himself on stage and we can take it from there.

...so, any Mogador reviews posted anywhere yet?

You really are a difficult learner. How can I tell he is embarrassing himself??
How can you tell he isn't?? He can only feel that himself...we can't.
I am (a little) embarrassed by how they played. And embarrassed about trying to explain this to you. Gosh. I give up because you just like to stay a whining child. Good night. And go see them when they are 92 so you can say "well they are 92 what do you expect?"

Posted by: stonesnow ()
Date: October 30, 2012 03:51

Images from Mogador. Still keeping things stripped down. Maybe this is their full 50th anniversary touring format?

Date: October 30, 2012 04:00

A few more images from Mogador. Looking pretty good....

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: October 30, 2012 04:03

I am not a personal friend of BV.

I have met him several times, he has always been personable to me, even at airports running into each other he has always spoken.

He works hard to get the information he does, and I think a few times in the past has been caught off guard just like the rest of us.

Anyhow, no matter what the source, it takes some balls to come online to a site and call the man who puts it all together for the rest of us a paid for stooge parroting what he is told to by the Stones entourage.

Anyhow, nuff said, he doesn't need my defense, just kind of riled me up to see BV accused of being false.

Date: October 30, 2012 04:06

Same setlist for the past 40 years...like eating the same sandwich for the past 40 years...I'm so sick of it! BORING!!!!

Posted by: chelskeith ()
Date: October 30, 2012 04:34

Hey, I'm not sure who's driving your plane, but you've landed at the wrong airport.

Date: October 30, 2012 04:43

A review from the Rocker Paris blogspot, who were apparently the only ones allowed to photograph the show at Mogador:

The theatre was full tonight (all 3 levels) with numbered seat downstairs and 1st balcony then reserved for the rest. So I guess it was sold-out in this 1600 capacity theatre. Not sure if there was anyone on the top balcony. Haven't checked.

Security was tight, to get in and during the show, impossible to take pics, except for our photographer, Patrice Guino, but he's the Man.

The band is on top form starting with It's Only Rock n Roll, no one seems to know the next song All Down The Line from where we were but downstairs down the front it was rocking with musicians from American-French band Moriarty, they could easily get tix tonight as the bass player in the band is the son of M Carmignac who introduced the band on stage.

During Miss You Mick Jagger had a few problems with his ear monitor and had it fixed by a roadie on the side of the stage: he was furious. So he had an extra guitar solo by Ronnie and of course a groovy bass solo by Darryl.

Once again Mick pushed Ronnie several times on the front of the stage.

Keith Richards' playing is kept to a minimum which is very worrying. Ronnie is now holding the house together taking all the lead.

Bernard Fowler is back with The Stones (he rehearsed with them for the first time one day after the Trabendo October 26, setlist to come shortly for the completists). Jagger is playing guitar on Doom & Gloom.

The not so funny bit was when Mick Jagger talked about a letter M Carmignac sent to French President Francois Hollande (probably complaining about taxing the rich a bit more) and Mick laughed with all those bankers saying that "he never read (or heard of any of) Hollande's reply".

As soon as the name of Hollande was heard everybody booed.

He also asked if Hollande has been invited to the gig! With the audience laughing!

It really shows what a c*nt Mick Jagger has become: a rich laughing with the rich.

No surprise that he's charging his fans so much for London & Newark, disrespectful for the working class who have bought and are buying his records. What a f*cking shame!

The biggest Rock n Roll band playing & laughing with bankers and brokers!!! So sad!

Anyway enough of politics it was a great show!!! Glad we could make it.

75 min set (?)

Setlist
1. It's Only Rock n Roll
2. All Down The Line
3. You Got Me Rocking
4. Tumbling Dice
5. Miss You
6. You Can't Always Get What You Want
7. Doom And Gloom
8. Midnight Rambler
9. Start Me Up
10. Honky Tonk Women
11. Jumping Jack Flash
12. Brown Sugar

rockerparis.blogspot.com/2012/10/the-rolling-stones-theatre-mogador.html

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: October 30, 2012 04:50

stonesnow
A review from the Rocker Paris blogspot, who were apparently the only ones allowed to photograph the show at Mogador:

The theatre was full tonight (all 3 levels) with numbered seat downstairs and 1st balcony then reserved for the rest. So I guess it was sold-out in this 1600 capacity theatre. Not sure if there was anyone on the top balcony. Haven't checked.

Security was tight, to get in and during the show, impossible to take pics, except for our photographer, Patrice Guino, but he's the Man.

The band is on top form starting with It's Only Rock n Roll, no one seems to know the next song All Down The Line from where we were but downstairs down the front it was rocking with musicians from American-French band Moriarty, they could easily get tix tonight as the bass player in the band is the son of M Carmignac who introduced the band on stage.

During Miss You Mick Jagger had a few problems with his ear monitor and had it fixed by a roadie on the side of the stage: he was furious. So he had an extra guitar solo by Ronnie and of course a groovy bass solo by Darryl.

Keith Richards' playing is kept to a minimum which is very worrying. Ronnie is now holding the house together taking all the lead.

Bernard Fowler is back with The Stones (he rehearsed with them for the first time one day after the Trabendo October 26, setlist to come shortly for the completists). Jagger is playing guitar on Doom & Gloom.

The not so funny bit was when Mick Jagger talked about a letter M Carmignac sent to French President Francois Hollande (probably complaining about taxing the rich a bit more) and Mick laughed with all those bankers saying that "he never read (or heard of any of) Hollande's reply".

He also asked if Hollande has been invited to the gig! With the audience laughing!

It really shows what a c*nt Mick Jagger has become: a rich laughing with the rich.

No surprise that he's charging his fans so much for London & Newark, disrespectful for the working class who have bought and are buying his records. What a f*cking shame!

The biggest Rock n Roll band playing & laughing with bankers and brokers!!! So sad!

75 min set (?)

Setlist
1. It's Only Rock n Roll
2. All Down The Line
3. You Got Me Rocking
4. Tumbling Dice
5. Miss You
7. Doom And Gloom
8. Midnight Rambler
9. Start Me Up
10. Honky Tonk Women
11. Jumping Jack Flash
12. Brown Sugar

As predicted... and how lame!
no one seems to know the next song All Down The Line from where we were

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-30 04:53 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: October 30, 2012 04:56

Nice find stonesnow ... thanks for posting.

Not real good news.... but it is what it is.

Fking infuriating that those rich fkheads dont know "all down the line", one of the best songs EVER!!! They dont deserve a show like this... fk everything about a show like this.

Date: October 30, 2012 05:08

Interesting that these are the same people who gave us the recorded rehearsals of Doom and Gloom... and then their video was pulled... and they got invites to this show and pulled no punches in the review.. GREAT FOR THEM!

IF they read here... thank you very much for the honest review

Date: October 30, 2012 05:30

Max'sKansasCity
Nice find stonesnow ... thanks for posting.

Not real good news.... but it is what it is.

Fking infuriating that those rich fkheads dont know "all down the line", one of the best songs EVER!!! They dont deserve a show like this... fk everything about a show like this.

Well, not really a find per se, as it was sitting there practically in full view--that is, their site was quite heavily referenced around the Trabendo gig. Actually I stumbled on the review by searching YouTube to see if there might have been a clip or two of the show. But all that was on YT was a 2-minute cell-phone shoot from outside the Mogador Theatre of a black car going into the parking garage of the building (the windows of which you could not see into), followed by another shot of the black car backing out of the parking garage--not worth posting. Also on the Google page was the Rocker Paris blogspot page, which was pretty interesting. I wonder if anyone had filmed any of it. Wanna laugh? Check out the promo poster for the Mogador show as advertised on www.last.fm/:

Caption [top]: The Rolling Stones

Caption [bottom]: Theatre Mogador
Monday 29 October 2012

Oh, if only, if only....

Date: October 30, 2012 05:38

Shit set list.

And when did the Stones decide to play at some town in The Hobbit anyway?

Posted by: jpasc95 ()
Date: October 30, 2012 05:58

From rockerparis.blogspot.fr :
"The not so funny bit was when Mick Jagger talked about a letter M Carmignac sent to French President Francois Hollande (probably complaining about taxing the rich a bit more) and Mick laughed with all those bankers saying that "he never read (or heard of any of) Hollande's reply".
The biggest Rock n Roll band playing & laughing with bankers and brokers!!! So sad!"

Maybe Mick is still paying off old scores with politics from the left. He experienced hard times with the heavy taxes in the 60's while England was ruled by Prime Minister Harold Wilson from the Labour Party from 1964 to 1970.
The Stones had to leave England and settled down in the south of france.
it's quite enough to make a man spiteful.

Or maybe more simple. Mick had no choice to serve the meal that his friend Carmignac wanted to have...Mick did it on a golden tray !

Or maybe both !

Date: October 30, 2012 06:26

jpasc95
From rockerparis.blogspot.fr :
"The not so funny bit was when Mick Jagger talked about a letter M Carmignac sent to French President Francois Hollande (probably complaining about taxing the rich a bit more) and Mick laughed with all those bankers saying that "he never read (or heard of any of) Hollande's reply".
The biggest Rock n Roll band playing & laughing with bankers and brokers!!! So sad!"

Maybe Mick is still paying off old scores with politics from the left. He experienced hard times with the heavy taxes in the 60's while England was ruled by Prime Minister Harold Wilson from the Labour Party from 1964 to 1970.
The Stones had to leave England and settled down in the south of france.

it's quite enough to make a man spiteful.

Or maybe more simple. Mick had no choice to serve the meal that his friend Carmignac wanted to have...Mick did it on a golden tray !

Or maybe both !

Mostly Allen Klein's doing. None of The Beatles had to become French tax exiles. The Stones thought their finances, including their tax payments, were being dealt with, but on the contrary....

Posted by: vermontoffender ()
Date: October 30, 2012 06:44

Thanks to bv for all of his hard work. It must be incredibly frustrating at times to create an environment like this and see it populated by whiners and people who stopped liking the band anywhere between 40 years ago and right now.

There is a vast expanse between valid, artistic, criticism and the incredibly pathetic whining that goes on so often here.

The Stones are active again and most off the people at IORR are royally pi$$ed about it.

Sad.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 30, 2012 08:50

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: October 30, 2012 09:00

"Jagger danced like a mixture of an angry strutting ostrich and a furious ragdoll..."

Thanks, Rockman - something in this thread to raise a smile,

Posted by: Rsylvain ()
Date: October 30, 2012 09:01

Posted by: bv ()
Date: October 30, 2012 09:02

Dreamer
I blame you for telling something that's not true.
Where is "it is part of the tour budget." this so called fact written? Who told you that? What make this 'a fact'? Talked to Mark?

Unless they have double accounting I would assume they have one budget for income and expenses. Income comes from ticket sales, sponsors, merchandise kick-back etc. I would say I know above average about how they price tickets and how they used to have first 5-20 rows low priced and how they subsidize some shows with other shows, so again there is a general accounting for any tour of course. A club show might not lower the ticket prices dramatically, but on the other hand it does not increase our ticket prices. The only problem is that most of us hate that other people can see a show we do not have access to. VIP's and rich people are unpopular, unless they play football or baseball.

Bjornulf

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: October 30, 2012 09:21

Beast
albop
Setlist :

It's only Rock N Roll
All Down The Line
You Got Me Rocking
Tumbling Dice
Miss You
You Cant Always Get What You Want
Doom And Gloom
Midnight Rambler
Start Me Up
Honky Tonk Woman
Jumping Jack Flash
Brown Sugar

That's one million dollars per song (and two thrown in for free as an encore).

You see ? NOW will everyone believe me when I tell them they need to go off to SEATWAVE and GETMEIN and VIAGOGO and buy up these vast quantities of cheap tickets that they are holding - and then distribute them liberally amongst their all their friends.

You know what ? Generosity of spirit seems to have evaporated round here among some of you. Balking at paying a pathetic £10K hete or £15K there for a tongue pit ticket ? I mean really, I never realised there were so many cheapskates among you ... what's the matter with everybody ?? cool smiley

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Date: October 30, 2012 09:27

Thanks for the insight BV.

Nice pictures, one of the RP report says they were not allowed to take them (but effit) and another says they were, huh ?

Too bad about ADTL's reception and Mick's rant, a cheap shot that's beneath him and imagine if Hollande had sneaked in at the last minute...I wonder if that's going to have an impact on their stay?

Ok, what's the next show?

Posted by: roby ()
Date: October 30, 2012 09:29

"Keith Richards' playing is kept to a minimum which is very worrying. Ronnie is now holding the house together taking all the lead."

Yes very worrying.

Posted by: runaway ()
Date: October 30, 2012 09:36

vermontoffender
Thanks to bv for all of his hard work. It must be incredibly frustrating at times to create an environment like this and see it populated by whiners and people who stopped liking the band anywhere between 40 years ago and right now.

There is a vast expanse between valid, artistic, criticism and the incredibly pathetic whining that goes on so often here.

The Stones are active again and most off the people at IORR are royally pi$$ed about it.

Sad.

Very well spoken.
I did see some great shows in the past and another concert in 2013 would be great!

Date: October 30, 2012 09:48

stonesnow

75 min set (?)

Setlist
1. It's Only Rock n Roll
2. All Down The Line
3. You Got Me Rocking
4. Tumbling Dice
5. Miss You
7. Doom And Gloom
8. Midnight Rambler
9. Start Me Up
10. Honky Tonk Women
11. Jumping Jack Flash
12. Brown Sugar

Thanks! But didn't Keith play the lead on IORR and You Got Me Rocking?

Many of the other songs are in open G, so that might be the reason for Ronnie taking most of the leads yesterday.

Date: October 30, 2012 09:52

Dreamer
bv
They do this one time per tour. It is standard procedure. Some company with lots of cash pay them a lot to perform at a secret show. The income goes into the tour budget, so that the ticet prices are a little bit cheaper for the rest of the tour. They did these paid for private shows: Hawaii Pepsi, Deutche Bank Barcelona, The Joint Bonderman show and now Paris. Going price for such a show is probably around 10 million US dollars so we might just save up for the next tour...

Not correct. This is not 'standard procedure.'
It's not standard procedure to play for a company like this; it's a very special procedure because they rarely do it.
It's not standard procedure to use the money from these shows for making lower ticket prices possible; totally bs.
Who told you that?
There is just one standard procedure here: the money goes practically straight to their bank account. Not that I mind by the way. I would say well done to let those uber rich guys pay you a lot of money for just playing some songs.
But don't let bv tell us a totally different story about it that has a certain smell ...Are you hired as a pr guy now??

Ouch!!!

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: October 30, 2012 09:52

stonesnow, thank you for the pictures. The boys look great .... bring on the O2 shows, cannot wait.

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Date: October 30, 2012 09:57

Dreamer
gotdablouse
superrevvy
Max'sKansasCity
Kind of like if a Stones shows happen in the woods Paris and no real fans are there to see/hear it... did it really happen?

Don't worry, this is how it will go down...

1) Verbal reports that Keith was great
2) Short video that indicates he was anything but.
3) Shill-ish types yelling at us not to believe our own eyes.

This has been the pattern since the Apollo and I fully expect it to last up
until and probably right thru the pay-per-view. In fact I would go so far as to
say that the Keith sucks/doesn't suck debate will be with us for the rest of their
career. Its the the new version of Taylor/Wood I'm afraid.

And its not just the hardcore. If you look at the comments for the one-minute
JJF on youtube, its there too. Its everywhere.

And how long can the Stones last with at least half the people who love them
thinking that Keith, in order to preserve what's left of their legacy, should
give it the fcuk up already?

We shall see.

Are you planning to attend any concerts to form your own opinion or are you only interested in internet jousts ? I must have said it ten times before but Keith was 4 meters away from me the other days, sometimes less and he certainly didn't embarrass himself or the band at the Trebando, and the fans were overjoyed, looks like it's a good deal for all involved, no?

So have anyone compared the setlists ? I haven't bothered yet ;-)

I don't know about superrevvy but I saw about 13% of the gig and that was enough for me to say what I had to say about it.
I don't mind that you saw the first (12 song warm up) show since 5 years and think it's great...
And of course there are plenty of fans who would be 'overjoyed' and think 'it's a good deal for all involved.'
But tell me: how do you know Keith 'certainly didn't embarrass himself.'?
In any case: he did embarrass me. Again.
And I really do hope he will do better in the near future, don't get me wrong.

You're not judging by the low-fi clips + the 1 minute trebly-sounding JJF-video here? Do you really think that's enough to jump to such conclusions on? confused smiley

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 12

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2198
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home